Avoid The Drop 2.0

3 players remaining, 1 retired while i was holidaying who had already left his club, will go back and find out when he retired.

Then we have 2 still playing and could get relegated and one of them set their retirement date when i holidayed too far, meaning the next update could be the end.

We have a few outcomes though, which could end up with joint winners :O, there is even a possibility of all 4 winning if they don't get into management, which is looking unlikely for all players that have headed that way.

I reckon we'll be seeing more than 1 player being named the champion.

While we are here, Long Tym Toon retired fully and Soviet is the next player to retire from playing

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Walid Farouk Retires From Football

Seasons - Start, 10/11, 11/12, 12/13, 13/14, 14/15, 15/16, 16/17, 17/18, 18/19, 19/20, 20/21, 21/22, 22/23, 23/24, 24/25, 25/26, 26/27

Personal

History - Biography

Ends his career having left Auxerre and was unable to find a new club.

No official retirement date but keeps retiring around the 18th Feb and i kept holidaying too far.

We are now down to 2 people, let's see how things go at the end of the season (either later tonight or tomorrow).

Holidayed a bit further and as expected, retired on 20th Feb despite it saying December 4th the previous year.

Possibly, i think there'll only be 8 players still playing after the next 2 players retire and Ihsann is one of the younger players

I'm slowly getting to the end of the season and then we'll have an update and 2 retiring updates

Chopper - Played his last season for Swansea but didnt get too many games as they finished 10th. Chopper will stay on as staff, hoping he'll find a job somewhere. League Table

Fatboy - He knew it was going to happen as soon as Ipswich got promoted, he didnt have the best of seasons either and Ipswich get relegated back to the Championship. League Table

Relegated

Ihsaan Ahmed - Wouldnt be pleased to retire now as he's 1 away from that 200 still. Had an ok season and Birmingham finished 12th in the league. League Table

Mauno Berglund - Still seems to be playing the best football of his career and is just 3 games from his 600th Stoke game, amazing. Stoke once again got promoted. League Table

Mark Brown - Mark isnt having any luck finding a job.

Glasser - Glasser is still playing well in Mexico but is now considering his managers proposal to stay on for another year, if not he'll be retiring soon.

Jones - The same as all the others, no luck with a job.

KPnuts - Hardly played for Bolton this season but isnt giving up yet and it happy to stay with the club. Bolton finished 17th in the league, just missing relegation. League Table

Chris Owen - Another player hardly getting any games and is now in the Newcastle Reserves. Could move to America to end his career. Newcastle finished 14th. League Table

Stuart Shaw - Playing a lot less now for Millwall but is happy to stay with the club as they just miss out on relegated to league one having finished 21st. League Table

Davidus Solo - Getting older and hardly playing any games for Swansea, playing more for the reserves and is tutoring youngsters. Swansea finish 10th in the Championship. League Table

Soviet Sovietovski - His last season with Evian but hardly played any games as they finished 6th in the league. Like the others he's unlikely to find a job. League Table

Stoni - Nothing to see here, no job for Stoni

Tardinho - And no job for Tardinho either.

Retired

Ben Arsenal

Dami

Walid Farouk - Walid Left Auxerre and retired from football

Whoopy Dee'e

Tony Hawker

Long Tym Toon - Retired from Football

Wanted

Chris Owen - FC Dallas

Newly Relegated

Fatboy

So in a way Chopper wins for lasting the longest without being relegated, and he started as an older player too, although he could still get relegated IF he finds a job (unlikely). Ben Arsenal and Walid Farouk didnt get relegated either though, so i'll decide who wins when we see what Chopper ends up doing.

Also it's a shame nobody is finding a job :(

Soviet Sovietovski Hangs Up His Boots

Seasons - Start, 10/11, 11/12, 12/13, 13/14, 14/15, 15/16, 16/17, 17/18, 18/19, 19/20, 20/21, 21/22, 22/23, 23/24, 24/25, 25/26, 26/27

Staff Attributes - Personal

History - Biography

So started as one player, ended as someone else, might find a job as he's not one of the created players. 13/14 season was when he retired.

As expected Glasser will retire in May next season.

Chopper retirement in a while.

Chopper Ends Playing Career

History - Biography

So the last unrelegated player to retire and the only one to have decided to carry on in the game, personally i don't think he'll be finding a job, but lets hope he does.

Fatboy, Stuart Shaw and Chris Owen have all left their clubs, so could end up retiring before the end of next season, and guess what, someone finally got a job, find out who next time.

Will carry this on until everyone retires, but might not update so often and hopefully i can get Avoid The Drop 3.0 started when FM2012 comes out, will possibly try to think of some spin-offs too and make ATD 2.5 and keep it going like that

Other than that i'll stick to I Can Score More Goals Than You, for now

I'm clearly the winner!!

Not quite, you could still find a job and get relegated, it's unlikely though as only 1 person has found a job(find out who in the next update).

Ill decide who wins ;) and who comes 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

Davidus Solo has so far been the only player to decide on a retirement date, but Fatboy did actually retire, luckily i hadnt saved and will try and get a retirement post done when i figure out what day he retires.

Saw another player got a job but got sacked pretty quickly

Fatboy Retires from Professional Football

History - Biography

Very unlucky as he was in it right until the last season. Had a short trial with Longford but decided not to go there, plenty of teams want him but he's retiring.

Someone else retired on the same day and i didn't realize, luckily i saved JUST before that day and can bring you Stuart Shaw's retirement update very soon

Also we have 2 more players definitely retiring at the end of the season, could be more, but that'd leave us with just 4 still playing football

Stuart Shaw Calls It A Day

History - Biography

Probably won't be too pleased with his career as a whole, but did play a lot of games, 471 in total.

Not sure why the bio's don't mention the proper first team, most start with the team they signed for first.

Time to do some more Holidaying, so there could be some more retirement updates tonight and probably the next end of season update.

Stuart Shaw Calls It A Day

History - Biography

Probably won't be too pleased with his career as a whole, but did play a lot of games, 471 in total.

Not sure why the bio's don't mention the proper first team, most start with the team they signed for first.

Time to do some more Holidaying, so there could be some more retirement updates tonight and probably the next end of season update.

Cheers for the game charlesbeams

Glasser Hangs Up His Boots

Seasons - Start, 10/11, 11/12, 12/13, 13/14, 14/15, 15/16, 16/17, 17/18, 18/19, 19/20, 20/21, 21/22, 22/23, 23/24, 24/25, 25/26, 26/27, 27/28

History - Biography

Technically wasnt relegated but spent too much time in Mexico meaning there was no chance for him to even get relegated, therefore meaning he had an advantage over the others, getting him "relegated"

Players

Ihsaan Ahmed - Ihsaan got a few games but his career could be coming to an end. Got 5 goals getting him over that 200 goal mark. Birmingham finished 11th. League Table

Mauno Berglund - Mauno didnt get any games for Stoke this season and he's decided to call it a day at the end of the season. Played exactly 100 games for Finland. Stoke finished 13th. League Table

KPnuts - Not getting loads of games but enough to carry on playing another season and is happy at the club. Bolton finished 15th in the Premier League. League Table

Chris Owen - Was without a club for a while but joined Mainz in Germany and played quite well helping them finish 6th. Has now played 107 games for Wales. League Table

Davidus Solo - Davidus is another player ready to retire and he ends up in the reserves not playing any games for Swansea. Swansea finished 12th in the league. League Table

Staff

Mark Brown - First player to get a job, Assistant Manager at Kidderminster who almost get relegated but are saved on goal difference. League Table.

Chopper - No job for the only properly un-relegated staff just yet, and possible winner. Will have to wait and see what happens before he can be crowned champion.

Fatboy - Finding it tough like all the others, no jobs, but he has been showing interest in a few, Crawley is one i remember.

Glasser - Once again no job for another staff member.

Jones - No job for Jones either.

Stuart Shaw - Nothing for Stuart.

Soviet Sovietovski - Or for Soviet.

Stoni - And nothing for Stoni.

Tardinho - Tardinho spent just 2 months as Falkenberg Assistant Manager before being sacked, not the best of starts.

Retired

Ben Arsenal

Dami

Whoopy Dee'e

Walid Farouk

Tony Hawker

Long Tym Toon

Transfers

Chris Owen - Free to Mainz

Davidus Solo and Mauno Berglund retirement updates to come.

Think i may have accidently made all players assistant manager instead of managers as thats what they are all set too, might have to have a look at the database and see if thats what i did

Davidus Solo Ends His Playing Career

Seasons - Start, 10/11, 11/12, 12/13, 13/14, 14/15, 15/16, 16/17, 17/18, 18/19, 19/20, 20/21, 21/22, 22/23, 23/24, 24/25, 25/26, 26/27, 27/28

History - Biography

Not the best of careers for a Striker but it looks like he had too many seasons where he didnt start. For some reason 15/16 screenshot isn't there.

Mauno Berglund up next

Mauno Berglund Calls It A Day

History - Biography

Just 4 games short of 600 for stoke, and 6 short of 800 career appearances having played exactly 100 for Finland.

Proud of my player :p think he's played the most games overall. Also retires as a Stoke legend, but they won't be giving him a job.

Have you crowned me the winner yet?

Not quite, we have to see if he gets a job yet, if he does he'll have to go unrelegated until he retires, if he just retires, then you'll be crowned the winner, Ben Arsenal and Walid Farouk 2nd, Fatboy 3rd

Just going to sort it out now, should be up soonish

Players

Ihsaan Ahmed - Won't be the last player remaining as after 0 games for Birmingham and only 2 for the reserves, he's calling it a day. Birmingham finished 11th in the league. League Table

KPnuts - No games for KPnuts with Bolton as they get relegated to the Championship for the first time since he joined. Is considering leaving so could retire next season. League Table

Chris Owen - Chris joined Young Boys in Switzerland and it could be his last club. He played ok but was mainly a sub. Considering staying on for another year.

Staff

Mauno Berglund - Has joined Roma as a Youth coach. Roma finished 2nd in the league and the youth team finished 6th in their league. League Table

Mark Brown - Still with Kidderminster and they challenged for a play-off place, unfortunately they only finished 8th. League Table

Chopper - No job for Chopper yet, will be hoping to retire soon and be crowned champion.

Fatboy - Same again for Fatboy, no jobs.

Glasser - Has joined Inverness as an assistant manager. Inverness finished 5th in the first division. League Table

Stuart Shaw - Nothing for Stewart.

Davidus Solo - Nothing for Davidus.

Soviet Sovietovski - Nothing for Soviet.

Tardinho - And nothing for Tardinho.

Retired

Ben Arsenal

Dami

Whoopy Dee'e

Walid Farouk

Tony Hawker

Jones - Retired from football.

Stoni - Retired from football.

Long Tym Toon

Transfers

Mauno Berglund - Free to Roma

Glasser - Free to Inverness

Chris Owen - Free to Young Boys

Ihsaan Ahmed Hangs Up His Boots

Seasons - Start, 10/11, 11/12, 12/13, 13/14, 14/15, 15/16, 16/17, 17/18, 18/19, 19/20, 20/21, 21/22, 22/23, 23/24, 24/25, 25/26, 26/27, 27/28, 28/29

History - Biography

Not too bad, not every striker get's 200+ goals

Chris Owen has also decided to retire on the same day, leaving KPnuts as the last remaining player, shame he got relegated when on loan.

Almost at page 4 now too

Chris Owen Calls It A Day

Seasons - Start, 10/11, 11/12, 12/13, 13/14, 14/15, 15/16, 16/17, 17/18, 18/19, 19/20, 20/21, 21/22, 22/23, 23/24, 24/25, 25/26, 26/27, 27/28, 28/29

Personal

History - Biography

Unfortunately Chris won't be staying on as a staff member.

In other news Tardinho got a job with his old club Sundsvall, only assistant manager though, lets hope he can keep this job.

Ooo some big news here, Chopper got himself a job as a Manager so he'll have to stay with them without getting relegated now or Ben Arsenal and Walid Farouk are joint winners

Find out the team when i update next

Going to just post quick updates if things change until Kpnuts retires, then i'll get back to holidaying properly

August 2029

Ihsaan Ahmed had a couple of offers but has decided to join Leicester City as a Youth Coach.

Chopper has joined Blue Square South team......Charlton, yes, once of the Premier League now newly relegated(before he joined), he could see success in his first season taking them back to the Blue Square Premier.

KPnuts left Bolton and has returned home to Spain to play for Badajoz in the lower league, probably to end his playing career.

Ooo some big news here, Chopper got himself a job as a Manager so he'll have to stay with them without getting relegated now or Ben Arsenal and Walid Farouk are joint winners

Find out the team when i update next

What?!? All these people who can't find a job and I snatch defeat from the jaws of victory by deciding to manage Charlton?

Not happy :(

Archived