FM 2008: The A.C. Milan Thread - Sponsored by Jesus and Kaka

viktor6

Ok i have decided to go back to an old Milan save and here is how the frst game back went

http://img516.imageshack.us/my.php?image=07312008000517dk0.png

Linking code copied to clipboard

Was looking so good at half time.

Here is my squad looking for opinions on who to get rid of

http://img227.imageshack.us/my.php?image=07312008000714cp1.png

Players ot on loan will be reviewing squad at season end.

http://img227.imageshack.us/my.php?image=07312008000758df2.png

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm playing on the 8.02 patch and i cant believe how much of a struggle scoring with my strikers has been! If it wasnt for Kaka and Pirlo scoring 60 goals between them i'd've really struggled. Gilardino and Inzaghi were very poor and Pato didnt do anything once he was able to play. I play 2 up front, the old "Big man, Little man" combination.

Any thoughts on who to get in to play as the 'Big man'? I'm obviously going to persevere with Pato because i think its just a case of him getting games and me tweaking my tactics.

Weird, Dida seems to be performing extremely well on my game, or maybe it's just the defence pairing of Nesta and Barzagli. He's conceded a total of 9 goals in 24 games, with 18 clean sheets. Has anyone got anything better?

Just started up season 3, beat Juventus 3-0 in the Super Cup final which will hopefully set the tone for the rest of the campaign. Got Sampdoria first game of the season followed by Brescia, both games will be played at home so I'm hoping for an easy six points.

My squad from the season before was fine but my defence conceded too many goals for my liking so I did a major revamp. Got rid of Drenthe for £8.5 million and also Samuel for £9 million, both had not had the best of seasons. Brought in Clichy for £7 million and also Sakho for £9 million, (may have paid over the odds but I never conceded a goal in all my pre season games which I'm really happy with.)

Looking forward to a third title in a row! :p

how did you get Clichy for £7m, brilliant business.

how did you get Clichy for £7m, brilliant business.

Don't know mate, he was unsettled at Lazio (partially because I tapped him up lmao) and I just slapped a bid of £7 million in and got him!

I did a similar trick with Klaas Jan Huntelaar, my mate paid £15 million for him on his FM (stupid I know) but I just kept telling the press about how good Huntelaar was and how much I would love to have him in my team. He eventually got unsettled and I got him for £5 million, and with him scoring up to 25 goals a season I think that it was well worth it! :p

Well, I'm 10 games into the 2009/10 season and I am currently lieing in second place 1 point behind Roma, this is because I had a number of disgraceful draws against the likes of Udinese and only a last minute winner from Pato against bottom of the table Ascoli saved my blushes. Incredibly I played Roma at home in the next game and wiped the floor with them 4-0. Just shows how inconsistent I am! I'm desperste to claim my third Serie A title and actually progress past the ECC sem-finals this season.

Speaking of the ECC, I was drawn with Spurs, Anderlecht and some Bulgarian team in the group stages and though that it would be an easy group with which to progress through, however a dismal 2-2 draw at home to Spurs only compounded my misery, I need to beat the next two teams comprehensively as Tottenham look very strong!

Well, I am 2 wins away from securing the Serie A title, facing Inter Milan in the Italian Cup Semi Final and challenging FC Barcelona in the Champions League Final. Dare i secure the treble in my first season with Milan?

The conclusion shall be revealed soon.

Well, I managed to secure the title with a bizarre win against Palermo, in which 3 of my first-team players got injured. Because they were injured, I lost 2-1 against Barca 3 days later. Arrrgh! Luckily, i secured an Italian Cup win against Lazio. We've done the double!

This season will go to the wire, I underestimated the strength of Roma and they have made some shrewd signings in the shape of Daniel Alves, Goran Pandev and other world class names. I am currently battling it out with them at the top of the league and just one point seperates us, I am determined not to lose my unbeaten home run which now stretches to when I first started my AC Milan career but I have had some stern tests at home and only some last minute winners have kept my home record intact and kept me in the title race. I don't have a clue what has happened to Inter Milan though, I thought that they would be general challengers for the title also as they beat me to the signings of Felipe and also Piatti (whom I foolishly overlooked for 2 seasons) but it seems that they are destined for only a 6th place finish. Anyway, I will update with some screenshots soon to show you how the league is panning out.

i have just finished my first season with milan and i won the league an the Ueafa Cup so i was happy with that nd i only lost one game all season to Fiorentia in the Italian Cup 3-0 but we were away. have just signed some new players not big namesbut i think good enough for me to compete again next season.

Guys i need help Pato and Hunterlaar are not firing and everyone is playing rubbish 5th in league out of the cup , got too last eight of the champions league lost too Barca

Really annoying thing is Nesta has gone from pillar of strength too here you go have a penalty

Silvercrow

The usual names spring to mind when looking at goalkeepers; Hugo Lloris, Igor Akinfeev, etc. Oscar Ustari would be a great signing too, and would be cheaper than the other 2 keeprs mentioned.

For a CB, Alex of Chelsea would be a great signing, but would probably be your overseas non-EU signing for the year. A better option would of course be Andrea Barzagli, but he is likely to cost a bit more money.

For a CM, Fernando Gago would be a great signing. He would cost about £16million, but her performs extremely well.

Vincenzo Iaquinta or Amauri would both be great signings upfront and would not cost too much.

Silvercrow,

for a GK you could look at Craig Gordon from Sunderland, he may cost abit but he becomes excellent and you can always make a profit on him. For a RB you could try Rafinha and depending on how much money you have to spend I would get Richards for CB (be warned you may have to pay £25 million+ for him) and try and get Veloso for use as a CM, he can also be used as a CB.

CF's are in short supply and cost alot, on my AC Milan game I have Martins, Pato, Gilardino and Huntelaar. Martins stats aren't the best but trust me, he will get you 20+ goals a season.

Hi,

I am looking for advice on how to improve my team, I am sitting top by 2 points in my first season (now on January 1st)

As the transfer window has just opened I am looking to strengthen my team for the run in as well as use the 17m I have left for this year to improve my team for the following seasons.

I know I need a good GK (I have bid 9m for Igor Akinfeev), I also have a transfer for Guilherme (coming in next season for 7.5m).

I have a 15.75m bid accepted for Zdravko Kuzmanović is he worth it? Or should I spend my money on other positions? If I buy him it means no Akinfeev for this season or anyone else for that matter.

Any ideas on how to improve?

My Team

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d179/Riseofsteel/MilanTeam.jpg

My Transfers

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d179/Riseofsteel/MilanTransfers.jpg

Thanks

R.I.S.E.

If you get that GK then you should offload Dida and bring in 18 years old Dean Bouzanis as he will give you another option in the upcoming years. Also try and get Veloso, I am in 2010 and he is one of the best DM in the world, and he can also be used as a CB.

Your defence will be ageing by the start of the new season so you should look to tighten up there, Rafinha becomes the best RB in the world and you can maybe get him for less than £10 million, Micah Richards costs alot but becomes excellent, Mamadou Sakho is another CB that becomes one of the worlds best. As for a LB, I would say that this is weakest position in the team, look to Arsenal, try and sign either Clichy or Armand Traoré.

There doesn't seem to be that much activity on this thread anymore, anyway, I'm in the January transfer window now and I have just signed Rafael Sobis for £16 million, looks OK in the few games that I have seen him play so far. Back to the league and I am 20 games in and top by a massive 14 points. Although there is still time for that to change.

My unbeaten run is set at 43 games now, I'm determined to make it to 50, my previous unbeaten run came to an end after defeat by Inter after 49 games. Anyway, back to matters at hand, I drew Porto in the last 16 of the ECC, so I could of had a worse draw, I have an advantage in that I play them at home last too.

My team is exciting, added to the fact that defensive mistakes that cost me dear in previous seasons have dried up and my goal difference is huge, I have only conceded 7 goals in 20 games, which is amazing.

I've got an offer of 22 million for Alberto Gilardino from Juventus. Gilardino for me has been lacklustre. Just 1 goal all season, despite me giving him a lot of chances. Even missed a sitter against Juventus to win me the game(ironic, shows the AI's dumbness).

So should I sell him? Juventus are a rival though, and this deal may just bite me in the arse. Gilardino may perform for them and score against me. What should I do? 22 million is quite a good price for a misfiring striker. Plus i've just bought Dider Drogba, who scored on his debut for me. Even Ricardo Olivera has more goals than Gilardino(6).

Started last night with Milan on 8.0.2

Updated the squad with the editor to the current squad of players (13.08.08)

Decided to make it a bit more challanging by making no signings or sales during my first season

Won my first game 5-1 at home to Roma...great start!!!! Followed that up by winning the Super Cup beating Sevilla 1-0

Team is as follows: 4231

Dida

Zambrotta Nesta Khaladze Jankulovski

Gattuso Ambrosini

Seedorf Kaka Ronaldinho

Pato

hi guys i was geting bored eith Fm08 so i decided to give it one last shot and try to ressurect the great milan, and i have to say so far its been fun. i have decided to make the game more realistic by spending wisely and not spending tons of money on the so called stars in the game. i am using the weggie update with ronaldinho and zambrotta on the squad with Gilardinho gone. in the process of playing this save i pride myself in discovering new and underrated players without spending more than 30mil on any one player. and i think i have found a diamond in the ruff,imo milan needs a Cb, 1 or 2 gK, 1 winger and a striker becos inzaghi is Sh*t, ronaldo is injured and pato is not eligible until 2008. i was looking at bendtner, huntlear, benzema and the lot but they all cost way too much and then i found Zampagna, granted he is old At 32 but this guy is pure class amazing stats for a striker his age with 15 pace, 17 finishing, 17 composure, 18 heading and 17 strength he is a pure target man. my scouts thot he was too old but i know talent when i see it so far in my season(im in february 2008) he hs scored get this 25 goals in 26 appearances!!!! absolute stormer. the media is is so suprised about him and rave about him atleast once a week. now here is the best part he only cost me 800k from a team in serie B i forget the name right now, he must be the signing of the season undoubtedly. dont let his age fool you he can give you at least 2 solid years while pato matures an absolute steal. ok enuff about zampagna. im currently atop the league a good 10points above Inter, im unbeaten in the league and my only loss of the season coming in the uefa cup a 1-0 away loss to valencia who i dispatched 3-1 in the return leg in San siro currently in the quaters. the signing i have made so far have gelled beautifully with squad, one signing per need as mentioned above. firstly in the summer window i snapped up Quaresma for 15mil (euros i think) then Colocinni for 13mil, Saja GK for 6mil and of course yours trully zampagna for a mere 800k. when i found out i couldnt play pato until later i also added Keibling for 10mil. and then i sold brocchi for 4.5mil, serginho for 2mil, janukolvski for 2.5mil and a few more i cant remember. i will finish this post later as there is so much info and im at work. hope everyone gives zampagna a try.

R.I.S.E.

If you get that GK then you should offload Dida and bring in 18 years old Dean Bouzanis as he will give you another option in the upcoming years. Also try and get Veloso, I am in 2010 and he is one of the best DM in the world, and he can also be used as a CB.

Your defence will be ageing by the start of the new season so you should look to tighten up there, Rafinha becomes the best RB in the world and you can maybe get him for less than £10 million, Micah Richards costs alot but becomes excellent, Mamadou Sakho is another CB that becomes one of the worlds best. As for a LB, I would say that this is weakest position in the team, look to Arsenal, try and sign either Clichy or Armand Traoré.

Thanks,

I think I will let Zdravko Kuzmanović go to another team. My only concern is getting the players I need in. I have used my only Non-EU player for this season (Crespo) and next (Guilherme). So Rafinha might be ahile away yet. I have Sakho but how do you go about making him world class? I have maldini tutoring him atm and sitting on my bench most weeks.

Thanks

Thanks,

I think I will let Zdravko Kuzmanović go to another team. My only concern is getting the players I need in. I have used my only Non-EU player for this season (Crespo) and next (Guilherme). So Rafinha might be ahile away yet. I have Sakho but how do you go about making him world class? I have maldini tutoring him atm and sitting on my bench most weeks.

Thanks

Hmm... I know many people suggest letting older players tutor youngsters but I just put Sakho straight in my team and now I am just about to go into my 10th game without concedeing a goal. Of course your game might be different to mine so I can't really give you the best of advice about how to make a player world class. You may have to use your initiative here mate.

Anyone here can suggest some players for me? Here i go:

I'm in my 3rd season with Milan, and as expected, some of the old guard are unfortunately, giving way.

Goalkeeper:

Dida was good in the 1st season, but Lloris succeeded him spectacularly, and now Dida's much to old. I'm looking to buy Ustari here for his release clause (4.1 mil), but anyone suggest a better backup?

Defence:

Nesta is now 33, and becoming a liability. I've got Felipe in for 9 mil(a bargain IMO)and he's not exactly working well. Sakho is excellent but has been sent on loan to gain experience. Anyone suggest a class CB alongside Barzagli? I also need a backup LB as Kaladze is now 31 and getting on. I've got Marcelo and LB and he is absolutely fab. Whoever said he can't defend must be shot.

Midfield

Ambrosini and Gattuso are 32 and 31 respectively, with Pirlo approaching 30. I know people will suggest Veloso, but anyone can find a better one? If not I'll go with him.

Striker:

No problems here. Aguero, Pato, Tevez, Drogba, Oliveira and Briand, it's exploding with talent.

Okay, how do you sell players for a decent price?

I just can seem to sell my players for a decent prize (or for free for that matter) and I want to get rid of most of my players in the reserve. Can anyone please give me tips on how to sell players. It'll be much appreciated.

mikele, there is no single way that you can do it that will work all the time but here how i was able to get rid of Serginho and co (i pressume).1. make sure that the squad status is set to "not needed by team" 2.Offer them to clubs very frequently like once a week, sometimes offer them for D (free) this will normally attract some teams who want to loan him, once they start bidding reject the loan offer and offer him again at the price you want. 3. most importantly of all is that you should play him either in the under 20 or as a late sub in games against weaker teams. reason is, suppose if you wanted to buy a player and you sent a scout to him you would always want the scout to report on the player from a match to guage how he performs in games.

hopefully this helps

Ok, I just started up a Milan game. I signed some of the usual suspects. I think Milan needs a player for each part of the field.

I had one of the most successful offseason signings than I have had in any FM game I played.

I signed Huntelaar, Barzagli, Lloris, Marcelo and Sakho. I sold Brocchi and Simic.

I use an attacking 4-4-2 and Huntelaar has been tearing up the league. Inzaghi is of course a super-sub. I will try to offload Ronaldo and Gilardino (whom has not been that stellar so far).

Marcelo is playing with the youth team now. But, I am trying to loan out Gourcuff and Marcelo to give them first team experience. Unfortunatly, no one was interested in loaning them... strange.

Barzagli has been simply dominant in defense. I rotate Nesta and Maldini. Also Junkolovski and Kaladze in the left back.

Lloris and Dida are splitting duties.

So far so good.

Just joined Milan in my 2019 save and they are in trouble. Came 6th in the leauge and they have a 2 star goalkeeper and 2 star fullbacks.

On top of that they have only 2 great strikers, and one of them wants to leave.

No-one wants to join Milan either. Nasri and Veloso both rejected contracts! Even though I managed them when I was at Man Utd.

Also, I only have a transfer kitty of 8M.

This is fun :D

Archived