FM 2008: The A.C. Milan Thread - Sponsored by Jesus and Kaka

viktor6

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

would you recommend the signing of toulalan to sit alongside pirlo and gattuso im approaching jan in the first season and im playing kakka wide right to good effect.

what would be a reasonable price to obtain toulalans services.

Originally posted by Fe98:

And I just got knocked out of the CL by Lyon on away goals. 3 - 3 on aggregate!

(sorry for the triple post)

Managed to win the league though so that puts me 4 - 3 ahead against - you know who - Fiorentina (still don't know how they've managed to win three titles, and on the ones they've lost they've only lost them on the last or second to last day of the season too).

Originally posted by Fe98:

Forgot to mention as well, Barca took the CL, so they're 5 - 2 up against Real in the seven seasons I've finished.

Actually Real won the last one, so it's 4 - 3 to Barca.

After beating Sporting 13 - 1 on aggregate I took out Man Utd 3 - 0 (agg) in the quarters to match me up with Real in the semis.

@ Killua: This is my current tactic. And Pato is generally a sub, 'cept for this season due to injuries he has played 21 (6) and scored 12 goals with 12 assists and 2 MoMs. Not bad I'd say.

in my first season i got to the semis of CL entering second season now. Got Elano for 30m and was gonna get Van persie but arsenal wanted 134m for him . Does Pato play crap for any of yous in the league and amazing in the CL as he got an avr rating of 6.19 in the league for me in around 20 games and he got an avr rating of 8.09 in the champions league and won player of the tournament and golden boot award

(sorry for the double post yet again)

...and after being dumped out of the CL - yet again - this time by Real (lost 3 -1 at the Bernabeu, 0 - 0 at the San Siro), I win my next game 6 - 0 at home to Genoa to wrap up the league with 3 games in hand.

Fiorentina seem to have cooled off for the moment, in 3rd spot 7 points behind Juve .

Just won the Serie A title in my first season, however, some disappointing results in the cups showed the up the age of my current squad and I am going to have to ring the changes if I want more all round success. I have already let Ronaldo go on a free and he has been snapped up by Real Madrid, I will be looking to use Alexandre Pato abit more next season.

For those of you that are interested I was knocked out of the ECC by Inter in the semi - finals by 1-0 on aggregate, which was abit depressing. I managed to overturn a 2-0 deficit in the first leg of the Italian Cup against Roma and eventually went on to win on penalties. However, I have Inter in the final and something tells me that I am not going to win icon_razz.gif.

Anyway, more signings are on the way having already tied up a £8.5 million deal for Lloris, I am going for Rafinha as Cafu will be 38 come the new season. I need a new LB aswell because Maldini is also pushing towards the 40 mark but I don't know who to go for.

My major signings for the 08-09 season were ...

Kroos (£10M) - Didn't really play that season, but was a good prospect for later on, been a first teamer for 4 seasons now... I just started 2015-16 btw.)

Aguero (£40M) - Sadly been something of a disappointment of me - actually a major disappointment. Previously he'd be scoring goals for fun yet this time around he's relatively struggling. Actually his record isn't bad when i look at it, I just expect more from him. Still gets pretty good ratings though, and lots of assists.

Lahm (£20M) - Dunno how Bayern managed to let him go but he's definitely been great for me in the past seven seasons since I've gotten him.

Lloris (£16M) - I regularly rotate him with Neuer, both are fantastic really.

Of course these were dependent on the ones I bought in the first season (so you gotta look at who you need, really).

In the first season I got Sakho (now a first teamer), Saivet, Neuer, Marcelo (£5.5M) - played two and a half seasons and then Real came back for him with a £25M bid, couldn't refuse it, Felipe, Van der Vaart and Veloso.

All of them are still here, with the exception of Marcelo. And believe it or not, the only top class player I've bought over the past four seasons is Bojan (£52M).

Useless fact - Gullit is now manager of Palermo - and apparently thinks we could become friends, Van Basten is managing Roma and doesn't like me, while Rijkaard is still at Barca and thinks we could become friends as well

Finished the first season with a treble and starting on second. Why does Inter keep popping out in every cup final? Anyway, heres my first team. Is there any improvement that can be made?

GK: Lloris/Dida

DR: Ramos/Oddo

CB: Nesta/Bonera

CB: Barzagli/Sakho/Maldini

LB: Marcelo/Kaladze

MR: Alves

MC: Gattuso/Defour/Emerson

MC: Pirlo/Ambrosini

ML: Seedorf/Jankolovski

AMC: Kaka

ST: Aguero/Pato/Ronaldo/Inzaghi

whos armand? Never heard of him. By the way, Marcelo stats are quite good aren't they? My assistant says he is making remarkable progress. Only prob is i think he is more suitable for a midfield rather than defensive role. I'm thinking of trying to sign Ronaldinho or Messi, how do I unsettle them? praise them everytime?

Bojan has got me in his favoured personel list, but why doesnt he want to join?

Has anyone ever gotten Gilardino to score alot. I think maybe once in all my saves (may have been on '07 or '08 not too sure) I've managed it. Other than that he's always been pretty crap for me. Did manage to sell him to Juve though, once, for £40M!

ah...found armand. Looks good, but i think chiellini is better. Why does Real always snap up people so fast?

Fe98, how did you sell him for so much? I sold him at around 15m. He is pretty crap, always moody.

Fe98, Gilardino has been something of a disappointment for me, he scores in spurts and isn't really consistent. I think he got 15 goals last season in all competitions which is really disappointing for a forward playing for A.C. Milan.

Just started my second season quite promisingly, beat Inter in the Italian Super Cup 2-1. Spent £60 million of my £83 million budget. I brought in Lloris, Micah Richards, Huntelaar and also Drenthe.

Just about to play my first game of the season against Catania and unfortunately Lloris and Drenthe are international duty so I have to play Dida and Maldini who are aging abit. icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by hjunkai:

ah...found armand. Looks good, but i think chiellini is better. Why does Real always snap up people so fast?

Fe98, how did you sell him for so much? I sold him at around 15m. He is pretty crap, always moody.

I think I may have set the transfer fee over 24 months. Hardly likely I would have gotten anywhere near that if I didn't.

Originally posted by hjunkai:

Haha anyway I don't miss him after selling him. Pato and Aguero are doing rather well. Theres ronaldo and inzaghi as backup.

Ronaldo was a complete waste of time on my game, when he came back from his long injury lay off he immediately had personal problems so I had to give him a month to get over whatever he was going through. Then he came back and before long he had personal problems again, and this time when I let him have a months leave he criticised me for not playing him! WELL DUH IF YOUR AWAY DEALING WITH PERSONAL PROBLEMS! I didn't bother offering him a new contract and he was soon snapped up by Real Madrid, I am now happy with my frontline of Huntelaar, Gilardino, Martins and Pato.

Oh no! I have just been beaten 2-1 off Inter a game shy of reaching 50 games unbeaten! I really do feel like crying, this game can be so cruel, what a game to lose in! Now my lead at the top of Serie A has been slashed to just two points.

At least I am only a few games away from signing Veloso, apparently he is excellent, he better be as Ambrosini is starting to age and the odd blip in form has turned into constant bad performances.

I'll be starting a new game later, on the Weegie update, so I have Borrellio, Flamini, Zambrotta, aswell as having Pato available from the start :)

The plan:

GK: I'll probably sell Dida and Kalac, I'll happily keep Abbiati as my 2nd choice, though I don't know whether to get Lloris or Frey as my No.1, I also like Buffon, though, but he'll probably be too expensive.

D: I'm happy with the fullbacks I have, not sure whether to use Oddo or Zambrotta as my 1st choice RB, I rate both Kaladze and Jankulovski so I'm happy here for 2-3 seasons. I'll be looking to sell Simic from my CBs, and perhaps Bonera? I can't get Barzagli as he's at Wolfsburg, so I'll be looking at Mexés, Burdisso and Squillaci.

DM: Ambrosini, Pirlo, Flamini and Gattuso are all fantastic, though I'll be looking to get rid of Emerson either this year or next, I would like to replace him with Veloso, and maybe Sankharé

AM: Kaka and Seedorf are both great here, but I think I need another to rotate with them, Menez and Ben Arfa are both fantastic, as is Moutinho and Rosina, I also have Gourcuff, who has been great for me in the past away on loan at Bordeaux.

ST: With Gila gone, I'm have Borrelio, Pato, Ronaldo and Inzaghi, I feel that I need a more complete striker, Inzaghi and Ronaldo will have gone by next season, I feel that I need a Poacher and a Target man, I'm looking at getting Crespo for free, as an excellent short term option, then unsettling Huntelaar and Aguero next year, though I like the look of Pazzini aswell. Benzema would be the ideal target, due to his success for me at Lyon, though he is too pricey.

Any opinions on potential signings? :)

Am currently in my 2nd season at Milan. 1st season was a disaster, finished 6th, got to semi finals of Italian Cup, came 4th (lost both 1st match and 3rd place playoff) in the World Super Cup and got knocked out of the CL by Arsenal in the quarters. Only cup I won was the Euro Super Cup. I signed Ashley Young, Pablo and Liedson in 1st season. Young has been OK, Pablo has been very good and Liedson started really well and now is just really inconsistent, some games he'll start and be awful, others he'll be a sub and score 2 goals!

2nd season I got Maxi Rodriguez and Tranquillo Barnetta for free, Maxi has been amazing on the right wing, Barnetta is 2nd string to Young. Also got Lloris, Francois Clerc, Mathieu Bodmer and Naldo and the only players that have really done well out of all my summer signings are Maxi and Lloris.

Started off really well, qualified for knockout rounds of UEFA Cup and lost only 1 of our first 9 games in the league. Then we lost to Catania and have only won 1 game in 8 since then, having a terrible time. Am signing Stewart Downing and Antonio Lopez in January and am hoping to get Van Nistelrooy as well because only Gilardino is doing the business upfront.

If we don't win the UEFA Cup or Serie A this season I think I'll probably get the sack so really need to get out of this slump soon!

Am currently in my 2nd season at Milan. 1st season was a disaster, finished 6th, got to semi finals of Italian Cup, came 4th (lost both 1st match and 3rd place playoff) in the World Super Cup and got knocked out of the CL by Arsenal in the quarters. Only cup I won was the Euro Super Cup. I signed Ashley Young, Pablo and Liedson in 1st season. Young has been OK, Pablo has been very good and Liedson started really well and now is just really inconsistent, some games he'll start and be awful, others he'll be a sub and score 2 goals!

2nd season I got Maxi Rodriguez and Tranquillo Barnetta for free, Maxi has been amazing on the right wing, Barnetta is 2nd string to Young. Also got Lloris, Francois Clerc, Mathieu Bodmer and Naldo and the only players that have really done well out of all my summer signings are Maxi and Lloris.

Started off really well, qualified for knockout rounds of UEFA Cup and lost only 1 of our first 9 games in the league. Then we lost to Catania and have only won 1 game in 8 since then, having a terrible time. Am signing Stewart Downing and Antonio Lopez in January and am hoping to get Van Nistelrooy as well because only Gilardino is doing the business upfront.

If we don't win the UEFA Cup or Serie A this season I think I'll probably get the sack so really need to get out of this slump soon!

Your doing something wrong if you are doing that bad, in my first season I was unbeaten and I have only just lost my first league game ever with Milan against Inter but since then my team have been playing really well and I am now 7 points clear and got through the ECC Group Stage with ease.

What are your tactics like? What formation do you play?

fe98 whats that skin called oh and btw nice win in the 3 times i have played inter i have won 1 drew 1 and lost 1

i think it's Scherm

i'll have a proper look next time i fire up FM (yes, i do shut it down)

Archived