[FM11] The Glory Years

ToMexico!!

From Philly to PSV!!!! Good luck that's one of the dream jobs I wanna get. :)

Thanks, was a little surprised I was offered the chance to manage such a big club so early. I was being offered a few chances at lower league Colombian and Chinese clubs every week and then this popped up.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Heh, PSV desperate, obviously. :D

Good luck, there. I am seriously considering Holland for the next save I do; I've always liked Dutch footie.

Cheeky! Dutch football is very good, but at the moment lacking a lot of players in this save.

Good luck at PSV. Spending all that money should be fun!

Spending money is always good. Before this season I had only spent 15m in 18/19 seasons...lets just say it spent well over that so far.

thumbnail.aspx?q=526232526879&id=814cefffeced3123c0a94317bc75a0eb&url=http%3a%2f%2fupload.wikimedia.org%2fwikipedia%2fen%2fd%2fd3%2fLogo_psv_eindhoven.png

2027/28 - PSV Eindhoven - Dutch Eredivise

Transfers - 7 Players IN for 40m & 10 Players OUT for 7m

I had a massive 30m to spend on revitalizing the squad. The previous regime had already signed a host of new players and allowed a few truly world class players to leave. I had a look at the squad and decided it needed reducing and then complimenting in certain areas, like GK, RB, CB and up front. I spent 7.5m on my first purchase, a new Mexican CB from Chievo. Next player in was Li Yong, an 18 year old Dutch forward from Man City, he cost just over 5m but would be the future of Dutch football. My next signing was my second biggest acquisition, a South African RB from Auxerre, at just 19 he cost me 9.5m, he can cover CB too. My last big money signing was Amin Afkir, a French goalkeeper from Sochaux, he cost 15m, 7.5m up front and the rest over 48 months. A whole host of fringe/reserve players left to help reduce the squad size and reduce the wages too.

Dutch Eredivisie - 1st (Champions)

An easy first league title for me in the Netherlands. After PSV won the title last season too, with Arjen Robben at the helm I knew the team had the pedigree to go on an win it again. For the first time in this career we remained unbeaten throughout the season, eclipsing Ajax by 13 points to win the title. We scored a huge 91 goals in the 34 league games and conceded just 20. We had a number of big results over the course of the season, like beating NEC 5-1, Sparta 5-0 and Willem 6-0 but beating Ajax home and away, 3-0 on both occasions was rather special.

Dutch Cup - Winners v Ajax 2

We started the campaign with a 9-1 demolition of non-league side VUC, Mehmet Atik scoring a hat-trick. Li Yong scored a brace in the 2-0 win over ADO den Haag. The 4th round saw us dominate Roda 4-0 and the 5th round was against FC Groningen, which ended in a 1-0 win after extra time. The semi final was against fierce rivals Ajax, we played out a 0-0 draw for the tie to go to penalties, we triumphed 4-3 to advance to the final against Ajax 2, their reserve side. The final was one sided and we came out on top in a 3-0 win.

Champions League - Lost 1st KO Round v Manchester United

We were handed what could have been a tough draw but we showed some class to finish top of the group, although we only won three games. We opened our campaign with a 1-1 draw with Man City, then went away to Dinamo Kiev and won 3-0. A disappointing set of back to back draws against Panathinaikos left us second to City before travelling to England to play them. We somehow came away with a victory to ensure we qualified for the next round. We hosted Kiev in the last game and won 2-0 to see us top the group. We were then handed a tough draw against Manchester United in the first KO round and were outplayed, losing 3-1 at Old Trafford and losing again at home 1-0.

Squad/Stats

Top Scorer - Eric Kemble, 21

Most Assists - Li Yong, 11

Most MOM - Alejandro Hernandez, 5

Ave. Rating - Alejandro Hernandez, 7.60

Finances - 57m

We started with 48m in the bank, spent loads but managed to recoup some of that through some player sales, prize money from Champions League and then sponsorship income of 17m increased the balance further. The club are due to move into a 74k stadium during the pre-season, finances will be boosted again by this.

Season | Club                   | Division             | POS  | Cup           | Continental      | Other
2010   | Atletico La Sabana     | Colombian 2nd Div    | 5th  | 3rd in GroupA | n/a              | -
2011   | Atletico La Sabana     | Colombian 2nd Div    | 1st  | 3rd in GroupA | n/a              | Promoted
2012   | Atletico La Sabana     | Colombian 1st Div    | 2nd  | 3rd in GroupA | n/a              | Qualified for Copa Sudamericana
2013   | Atletico La Sabana     | Colombian 1st Div    | 1st  | n/a           | n/a              | Resigned 29 August
2013/14| Carlisle               | nPower League 2      | 16th | 3rd Round     | n/a              | Contract Expired
2014   | Jiangsu Sainty		| Chinese Super League | 6th  | n/a           | n/a              | -
2015   | Jiangsu Sainty         | Chinese Super League | 2nd  | Semi Final    | n/a              | Qualified for Champions League
2016   | Jiangsu Sainty         | Chinese Super League | 1st  | Winners       | Semi Finals      | Domestic Double + All Star Winners
2017   | Jiangsu Sainty         | Chinese Super League | 1st  | Winners       | Winners          | Domestic Double, ACL, Pan-Pacific and All-Star Winners
2017/18| Kaizer Chiefs          | SAF Premier League   | 4th  | Winners       | n/a              | SAFA Cup Winners
2018/19| Kaizer Chiefs          | SAF Premier League   | 1st  | 3rd Round     | 2nd Round        | Super Eights Winner
2019/20| Kaizer Chiefs          | SAF Premier League   | 1st  | Winners       | In Play          | Quintuple
2020/21| Kaizer Chiefs          | SAF Premier League   | 1st  | Winners       | Winners          | 4 Domestic and 2 Continental Trophies
2021/22| Kaizer Chiefs          | SAF Premier League   | n/a  | n/a           | n/a              | Resigned 15th August
2021/22| Perth Glory            | Hyundai A-League     | 2nd  | n/a           | n/a              | Grand Final Winners
2022/23| Perth Glory            | Hyundai A-League     | 1st  | n/a           | 2nd Round        | Grand Final Winners
2023   | America de Cali        | Colombian 1st Div    | 6th  | n/a           | n/a              | - 
2024   | America de Cali        | Colombian 1st Div    | 1st  | 3rd in GroupE | n/a              | Left 1st Sep
2024   | Philadelphia Union     | MLS Eastern Conf.    | 1st  | Semi Final    | NACL 3rd in GC   | MLS Champions
2025   | Philadelphia Union     | MLS Eastern Conf.    | 1st  | Winners       | NACL 2nd in GB   | Domestic Double
2026   | Philadelphia Union     | MLS Eastern Conf.    | 1st  | Winners       | NACL Winners     | Treble + Pan Pacific Winners
2027/28| PSV                    | Dutch Eredivisie     | 1st  | Winners       | CL 1st KO Round  | Domestic Double 

lol Great first season with PSV unbeaten and loads of cash

I had no idea there was so much investment in Holland. £17m in sponsorship is amazing. I have never had anywhere near that in England as a comparison.

You must have good accountants to turn a £21m profit when Income vs Exp is £-250m

Cracking first season in Eindhoven.

Great work at PSV. :)

Li Yong would look good playing for the Chinese national team though. :(

He is indeed half Chinese, still not been capped by the full national side, although he does have 15 youth caps.

lol Great first season with PSV unbeaten and loads of cash

I had no idea there was so much investment in Holland. £17m in sponsorship is amazing. I have never had anywhere near that in England as a comparison.

You must have good accountants to turn a £21m profit when Income vs Exp is £-250m

The finances don't seem to add up but we much have had a a fair bit of money before the club spent it on the new stadium, the 160m loan obviously helped. Looking at what figures I have the ground cost 258m and an 251m investment was made into the club.

thumbnail.aspx?q=526232526879&id=814cefffeced3123c0a94317bc75a0eb&url=http%3a%2f%2fupload.wikimedia.org%2fwikipedia%2fen%2fd%2fd3%2fLogo_psv_eindhoven.png

2028/29 - PSV Eindhoven - Dutch Eredivise

Transfers - 6 Players IN for 19.75m & 21 Players OUT for 11.5m

I had a budget of just 16m to improve the squad, I let quite a few fringe players leave to rake in a bit of extra cash. My first signing was a rather high profile one, David Flores was out of contract and was snapped up, on 70k a week but only had a 8.25m minimum release clause, could prove havok in the future. Next in was Lenny Zidane, at just 20 he had plenty of time to mature into a player like his namesake Zizi. I then signed 18 year old Dutch midfield/striker Sergio Joosten from Porto for 6m, a gamble but I need home grown players. I then raided Villarreal for two Spanish DMs, the first was 17 year old Imanol Moral for 850k and then Jose Antonio Geijo for 10m, a huge risk but at just 21 he will have plenty of time to improve. The last player in was Luis Mendoza in January from Argentinean side San Martin for 3m, he had a very good goal scoring record back in his homeland.

Dutch Super Cup - Winners v Ajax

Out first trophy of the season, a comfortable 2-0 win over fierce rivals Ajax. Ofori and Flores on target.

Third time in a row for PSV and second time for me. We absolutely blitzed the league running up 31 wins and 3 draws to leave us with our highest ever points and goals total along with being unbeaten for the second season running.

Dutch Cup - Winners v Twente

We defeated ADO den Haag in the opening round of this seasons competition, 3-0 the final score. A 4-0 win over Capelle saw us into the 4th Round. Willem II were our opponents and we beat them 5-1, thanks to braces from Atik and Flores. Flores booked us into the semi final with a well taken brace against Utrecht in the quarters. Feyenoord were our penultimate opponents in the cup, we beat them 3-0 to set up a final against Twente. Geijo's solitary successful spot kick stole the show as we went on to win the game 1-0.

Champions League - Winners v Barcelona

Hard to believe but somehow thanks to some luck in the final we managed to win the Champions League for the first time. We were drawn against Sevilla, Wisla and Sporting CP in the group stages, we won 3, drew one and lost both against Sporting, meaning other results in the group meant we qualified for the 1st KO Round. This was against Man City, in the first leg we won 2-1, they had the vital away goal, but back at the originally named Man City Stadium we fell behind early 2-0, but pulled one back, we had our own away goal. Soon after HT we fell further behind, deep in stoppage time substitute Mineiro scored a second goal for us and we went through on away goals. We then drew Juventus in the quarter finals. A shock 2-0 away win was followed by a 1-0 loss at home, to send us through 2-1 on aggregate. Arsenal were our semi final opponents. Again the away leg was up first which I think helped, we took away a 2-0 lead Martinez and Mendoza scored the goals. Back at PSV Stadion, Mendoza scored again to win us the game 1-0. Into the final we go. Barcelona were our opponents and I wasn't expecting anything.

We travelled the short distance to the San Siro in Milan and in front of a capacity crowd both teams entertained the crowd. The first half was a dull, drab affair with little chances from either side. It all took off in the second half, we struck first, Mehmet Atik pouncing on a loose ball to slot home from 12 yards. A Martinez foul got him a yellow card and Baiano scored the resulting freekick, all square. The 81st minute was a real turning point, Barca had a man sent off, I changed the tactics to increase the attacking play and boy did it pay off, substitute Erik Kemble scored a goal from a flowing passing move, that extra man used to its advantage. Final v Barcelona

Squad/Stats

Top Scorer - David Flores, 30

Most Assists - Ferreira, 16

Most MOM - Mehmet Atik, 7

Ave. Rating - David Flores, 8.44

Now, David Flores has a ridiculess goal scoring record despite only playing in 20 games this season, his missed 6 months of this season thanks to two injuries, he tore his hamstring muscle and was out for 3 months at the start of the season then when the season got to the nitty gritty he tore his calf muscle and was out for another 3 months. I dread to think what he could have done if he had played in all my games, 50, 60 maybe 70 goals. Lets hope his form can return next season. Injury History

Finances - 89m

£33m profit this season, due to Europe and its prize money. We paid out nearly 15m to shareholders but recovered that through sponsorship. I hope for a big transfer budget to again improve the squad in one or two positions.

Season | Club                   | Division             | POS  | Cup           | Continental      | Other
2010   | Atletico La Sabana     | Colombian 2nd Div    | 5th  | 3rd in GroupA | n/a              | -
2011   | Atletico La Sabana     | Colombian 2nd Div    | 1st  | 3rd in GroupA | n/a              | Promoted
2012   | Atletico La Sabana     | Colombian 1st Div    | 2nd  | 3rd in GroupA | n/a              | Qualified for Copa Sudamericana
2013   | Atletico La Sabana     | Colombian 1st Div    | 1st  | n/a           | n/a              | Resigned 29 August
2013/14| Carlisle               | nPower League 2      | 16th | 3rd Round     | n/a              | Contract Expired
2014   | Jiangsu Sainty		| Chinese Super League | 6th  | n/a           | n/a              | -
2015   | Jiangsu Sainty         | Chinese Super League | 2nd  | Semi Final    | n/a              | Qualified for Champions League
2016   | Jiangsu Sainty         | Chinese Super League | 1st  | Winners       | Semi Finals      | Domestic Double + All Star Winners
2017   | Jiangsu Sainty         | Chinese Super League | 1st  | Winners       | Winners          | Domestic Double, ACL, Pan-Pacific and All-Star Winners
2017/18| Kaizer Chiefs          | SAF Premier League   | 4th  | Winners       | n/a              | SAFA Cup Winners
2018/19| Kaizer Chiefs          | SAF Premier League   | 1st  | 3rd Round     | 2nd Round        | Super Eights Winner
2019/20| Kaizer Chiefs          | SAF Premier League   | 1st  | Winners       | In Play          | Quintuple
2020/21| Kaizer Chiefs          | SAF Premier League   | 1st  | Winners       | Winners          | 4 Domestic and 2 Continental Trophies
2021/22| Kaizer Chiefs          | SAF Premier League   | n/a  | n/a           | n/a              | Resigned 15th August
2021/22| Perth Glory            | Hyundai A-League     | 2nd  | n/a           | n/a              | Grand Final Winners
2022/23| Perth Glory            | Hyundai A-League     | 1st  | n/a           | 2nd Round        | Grand Final Winners
2023   | America de Cali        | Colombian 1st Div    | 6th  | n/a           | n/a              | - 
2024   | America de Cali        | Colombian 1st Div    | 1st  | 3rd in GroupE | n/a              | Left 1st Sep
2024   | Philadelphia Union     | MLS Eastern Conf.    | 1st  | Semi Final    | NACL 3rd in GC   | MLS Champions
2025   | Philadelphia Union     | MLS Eastern Conf.    | 1st  | Winners       | NACL 2nd in GB   | Domestic Double
2026   | Philadelphia Union     | MLS Eastern Conf.    | 1st  | Winners       | NACL Winners     | Treble + Pan Pacific Winners
2027/28| PSV                    | Dutch Eredivisie     | 1st  | Winners       | CL 1st KO Round  | Domestic Double
2028/29| PSV                    | Dutch Eredivisie     | 1st  | Winners       | CL Winners       | Treble + Dutch Super Cup 

2029/30 - PSV Eindhoven - Dutch Eredivise

Pre-Season Signings

Don't often do a transfer update for any threads but thought I'd share my new signings with you. Some corkers if I do say so myself.

Vasilis Markakis - Free from Man City, sat rotting in the reserves, he can do a job for me. Will play RM but can play further forward on the right or up front.

Jose Modeste - 3m from Espanyol, needed a new LB and for 3m this is a snip, the Cape Verde international had a minimum fee release clause.

David Bart - 7m from Arsenal, resigned for his former club for a little more than I wanted but I'm paying for potential.

Da Silva - 7m from Lazio, again had a minimum fee release clause, would be first choice but got injured on debut after 6mins.

Gaucho - 12m from Dortmund, a little expensive but at 24 he has time on his side, another Brazilian in the ranks.

Malo Bruyere - 22m from Palermo, the final piece in my jigsaw, completes my first choice XI, was valued at 28m but again used the minimum fee release clause of 22m. One of the best players in the game at the moment.

2029/30 - PSV Eindhoven - Dutch Eredivise

Transfers - 8 Players IN for 54m & 9 Players OUT for 3.3m

Huge outgoings this season to overhaul the first team and ensure we did our best in every competition. You can find out a bit more about my first 6 signings above, the other signings were a back-up goalkeeper who did not play a game and Ramon Varela a 18 year old LB from Velez for 2.5m, one for the future.

Dutch Super Cup - Winners v Ajax

Narrow win over fierce rivals Ajax, Flores with the solitary goal.

European Super Cup - Winners v Real Madrid

Another cup ticked off the list as we beat Real Madrid thanks to a solitary Martinez goal sealed the deal.

Easy stuff again as we won the league at a canter, unbeaten yet again and dropped points in just 3 games winning a massive 31 games. We scored a mammoth 123 goals in those games and conceded just 15. That meant we achieved our highest points total of 96. We have now also amassed a huge 112 game unbeaten run.

Dutch Cup - Winners v Groningen

Wins over Den Bosch (3-0), NAC Breda (4-1) and Twente (2-0) on route to the quarter final, which was a win over Roda JC (4-0). A semi final against Almere City was a little closer than expected but a 2-0 win was suffice. That set up a third Dutch Cup Final for PSV and was against Groningen, a solitary David Flores goal was enough to seal the win.

Club World Championships - Winners v Corinthians

A semi final win over Saudi club Al-Hilal (2-0) was enough to see us into the final over the competition. We met Brazils Corinthians, we edged a more evenly sided match 2-1 with goals from Hernandez and Flores.

Champions League - Winners v Manchester Utd

A second consecutive champions league win with no small part down to Flores who totalled 13 goals in the competition. We beat Juventus once (3-2) and drew the reverse fixture (1-1), Maccabi Tel Aviv were the whipping boys and we did just that 5-1 and 4-2. We lost once and won the other against Serbia's Red Star. In the first KO round we met Spain's Valencia. Thanks to a sending off, we won 3-0 away from home to pretty much close out the tie. Back at home we won 2-1. In the quarter final, we met another Spanish team, Atletico Madrid. A close 2-1 away win gave us the impetus and the away goals. Flores stole the show and scored twice in a 4-1 win. AC Milan were out next opponents in the semi final. We drew 1-1 at home but managed a awesome 3-1 away win even with Flores out suspended. We met Man Utd in the final, who had defeated Man City and Liverpool in the previous rounds. We travelled back to Spain and to Madrid for the final. We fell behind thanks to an OG from our GK. Flores fluffed a spot kick which could have drawn us level. We fell further behind just before half time, 2-0. Flores began the comeback 10mins into the second half, Geijo scored a few minutes later to equalise with us right on the front foot. Flores sent us into the lead with his second before again a few minutes later Mehmet Atik scored the goal to finish off the game.

Squad/Stats

Top Scorer - David Flores, 71

Most Assists - Andres Martinez, 26

Most MOM - David Flores, 20

Ave. Rating - David Flores, 8.07

Flores was once again just purely amazing, 71 goals this season was truly outstanding. 50 goals in 30 league games saw him break all sort of records, including the league top scorer from 1957.

Finances - 68m

Massive turnover through transfers. We recouped alot through prize money and a new kit sponsorship deal helped a little too. The board have rejected my advances to increase the stadium capacity although we seem to be filling it most weeks. Will try again in the new season.

2028/29| PSV                    | Dutch Eredivisie     | 1st  | Winners       | CL Winners       | Treble + Dutch Super Cup
2029/30| PSV                    | Dutch Eredivisie     | 1st  | Winners       | CL Winners       | Quadruple + 2 Super Cups 

Another brilliant season with PSV :thup: if they won't expand the stadium then maybe you'll get a new stadium in a few years

Just moved into a new stadium at 74k seats, averaging about 72k in the league and full house in Europe. Will be a few years yet no doubt.

He won't be around to see it; I sense an iminent departure. :D

I'm actually going to take a break from this save as I don't want to leave PSV as I have built an awesome squad and want to see out Flores' career. But I am getting a little bored of it at the moment. Going to have a fun save with Newcastle on an updated database.

lol ToMexico 71 goals is insane

Have you lost a game in Holland yet?

Interesting you have not broken the £200m income barrier yet with 74,000 fans a week

Haven't lost a domestic game yet I don't think. The 200m barrier probably was broken before I joined the club and they got their new stadium, highest I've had it is 100m. Think I was losing around 6-7m a month thanks to wages of over a million a week.

Archived