2nd season at Man Utd, great youngsters but I can't keep all of them ...

Title says it all really.

I did the double - Premiership and FA Cup first season, everything was going well.

I've just signed Defoe to bolster my strikeforce he had a great season at Spurs last season, might get Modric or Van der Vaart too unless you can recommend any other decent wingers for under 20m.

Anyway, my main problem is, the amazing youngsters Sir Alex put together at the club.

I have Fabio, Rafael, Smalling, De Laet, Gibson .... and I wanted to know what other Man U managers did with these players? Thanks in advance.

I can't believe you buy Defoe when you already got Rooney, Chicharito the poacher machine, and the new Christian Vieri, all who are younger than Defoe. Buying Modric or van der Vaart is even worse because they're nowhere as good as Anderson as playmaker. If you really need a left winger, get Ashley Young or Bryan Ruiz.

I can't believe you buy Defoe when you already got Rooney, Chicharito the poacher machine, and the new Christian Vieri, all who are younger than Defoe. Buying Modric or van der Vaart is even worse because they're nowhere as good as Anderson as playmaker. If you really need a left winger, get Ashley Young or Bryan Ruiz.

chicarito has been awful for me just one goal all season ... i gave him a decent amount of starts and plenty of chances as a sub.

and i sold macheda to everton ... lol.

Mass Man U fan here. I play as them in every FM game. This is what I generally do as soon as I start the game.

-List Park Ji Sung, Kuszack, Gibson, Owen, Obertan, De Laet. All useless.

-Loan Amos, Rafael, Smalling.

-I play Fabio as a backup to Right and Left back, because most of my transfer funds in the first season are spent getting a decent goalkeeper - Adler, and a good young backup - Smithies or Areola.

-As soon as I can I get Davide Santon to back up the back ups Rafael and Fabio.

Title says it all really.

I did the double - Premiership and FA Cup first season, everything was going well.

I've just signed Defoe to bolster my strikeforce he had a great season at Spurs last season, might get Modric or Van der Vaart too unless you can recommend any other decent wingers for under 20m.

Anyway, my main problem is, the amazing youngsters Sir Alex put together at the club.

I have Fabio, Rafael, Smalling, De Laet, Gibson .... and I wanted to know what other Man U managers did with these players? Thanks in advance.

Youve been given good advice on the youngsters but I couldnt help comenting on your signings.

Its already been said about Defoe, and even if you need another striker, surely you would be better of signing a great young prospect ... Someone like Lukaku or Sanogo?

And there are far better wingers in the game than Modric or VdV. (VdV aint really a winger anyway). Surely you are better looking at the likes of Eden Hazard, Gervinho or Even Neymar who can play on the left.

Your signings dont seem in-line with what Id expect from Man utd tbh, no offence meant.

Youve been given good advice on the youngsters but I couldnt help comenting on your signings.

Its already been said about Defoe, and even if you need another striker, surely you would be better of signing a great young prospect ... Someone like Lukaku or Sanogo?

And there are far better wingers in the game than Modric or VdV. (VdV aint really a winger anyway). Surely you are better looking at the likes of Eden Hazard, Gervinho or Even Neymar who can play on the left.

Your signings dont seem in-line with what Id expect from Man utd tbh, no offence meant.

none taken im a big football fan but when it comes to FM i never know who to sign

Doesn't that get boring? Taking over a hugely successful, well-stocked, and vastly rich team just to continue to win?

I don't get why people come out with these comments.

I'm more often than not a big club but thats not because i like winning all the time, i like managing the big players and trying to get regens to the best of there potential.

Archived