Wallace v Roberts - the striking legends small to big club North v South face-off

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Frazza Pee:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">An independant person who used someone elses tactic.

Brilliant.

I didn't want to ask anyone for help. God man why is everyone hating on me? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think its hating on you dood, its just, you've JUST said you're an "Independant Person" - yet you've used someone else's tactics, how's that independent?

You were very basic in your reports, and didn't generally follow what everyone else had set as an example in terms of updates and end of season information.

I still don't think what you did regarding the tactics was "wrong", mind.

But yea, on the whole, I'd rather have the season re-done, than carry on how it has been

I don't think from what I saw it was hating, I'm sure everyone would have had a go at anyone that used a downloaded tactic.

To be honest with the 'argument' you put up, you generally made things worse for yourself.

But lets move on, or backwards, and get this season started icon_biggrin.gif

After all sorts of dramas and controversies, both sides are about to embark on their 9th seasons. The Monkeys are still in the BSP, while the Softies are looking to improve on last season's impressive 11th place finish in League 2. Good luck to NepentheZ and Robert_296.

Incidently, I've sneaked newcomer jackyb1989 in before PaulHartman71, but his position doesn't change from 11th. Helps mix things up a bit. I'll go after both you guys. I hope that's ok.

If anyone thinks they can do better with these sides than we've done already, let me know.

To everyone, there's been some subtle changes to the rules, shouldn't be an issue to those who're regulars, but you might want to check out the second post again.

The order of play and story so far....

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Paul Wallace - Northern Monkeys / Ten Ton FC

2007/8. bermybhoy - BSN / 7th

2008/9. aaberdeenn - BSS / 1st, promoted!

2009/10. NepentheZ - BSP / 21st, relegated!

2010/11. Gundo/rlipscombe - BSS / 17th

2011/12. bermybhoy - BSS / 2nd, promoted via play-offs!

2012/13. NepentheZ - BSP / 14th

2013/14. PaulHartman71 - BSP / 7th

2014/15. aaberdeenn - BSP / 13th

2015/16 NepentheZ - BSP / Season Starting Soon

10. jackyb1989

11. PaulHartman71

12. bermybhoy

tbc. GazTheDoood

Honours

BSS Champions: 2008/9 - aaberdeen

Promoted via play-offs from BSS: 2011/12 - bermybhoy

Danny Roberts - Southern Softies / Legends FC

2007/8. Robert_296 - BSS / 1st, promoted!

2008/9. dafuge - BSP / 5th, play off semi-final!

2009/10. elf_30 - BSP / 17th

2010/11. Spc1485 - BSP / 11th

2011/12. Robert_296 - BSP / 17th

2012/13. PoopyPants - BSP / 15th

2013/14. dafuge - BSP / 5th, promoted!

2014/15. Spc1485 - League 2 / 11th

2015/16. Robert_296 - League 2 / Season starting soon

10. dave safc

11. MikelLUFC

12. dafuge

Honours

BSS Champions: 2007/8 - Robert_296

FA Trophy: 2008/9 - dafuge

Promoted via play-offs from BSP: 2013/14 - dafuge</pre>

Originally posted by Robert_296:

ffs, who let the wage budget go £1.9K over budget?

I will hold my hand up for that one Robert although I felt it was needed to make sure relegation wasnt on the cards. Shouldnt be a problem as you will be able to increase your budget when you get the chance in june and im sure there are players you can release or sell on.

I brought in martinez as a reserve striker as i thought he would improve but he got an injury early on and never really got a chance, he was prolific for the reserves so might be worth a try when lucas's legs give in.

Whilst i was at the club i pre signed a New Zealander youth player, has he arrived yet as he looked pretty decent from his limited stats?

Ten Ton FC - Update

Ok, so I've not done more than a week in the game yet, so theres not THAT much to update. Just some general inquiries on transfers.

I'm looking to spend almost all of the budget, to strengthen the squad for a promotion push, and have the following deals lined up, so long as the group are happy....

Scott Smith DC/DM

£50,000 upfront

£180,000 over 24 months

50% of next fee.

In my opinion, smith would instantly be among the best in the squad, and can play both Centerback and Center Mid. I think for a player of his age, his mental stats are fantastic, and his Technical attributes are more than average for the league we are in. I personally think he'd be an asset to the squad.

Dale Russel AM C

£26,000 Upfront

£75,000 over 24 months

Another who could have massive potential at this club. Great technical ability, and would better quit a regular MC role, over the AM C role.

- So basically just wanting some thoughts here. I'd really, really like to get Scott Smith, and opposition of this would be ludicrous. Dale Russel isn't a "must have" - but could play a great role in the squad, although I understand his fee is rather large for a player of his ability.

Both look good to me. Smith in particular could be fantastic. Russell could potentially be retrained as a defensive midfielder.

Big fees mind you - might be stupid to ask, but I assume you've negotiated them down as far as you can? Perhaps reduce the sell on (sometimes it just the principal of a sell on clause they're after).

Oher than that, I have no issues.

canceled the Russel transfer, as after much inspection, and 2 free signings, I felt that area of the team was complete enough, and £100,000 was a lot of money for him.

I negotiated a lot for Smith.

I offered £80,000 initially, (He was valued at £22,000) - and thought that would be more than acceptable.

Billericay then asked for £250,000 up front. I offered £80,000 + 35% fee. They wanted £230,000 upfront. We went back and forward for a while, and they eventually asked for something like £50,000 upfront + £210,000 over 24 months + 50%.

I offered what I did, and their board accepted the offer. My first actual negotiation in FM \o/

After getting the scout report back for Smith, he feels -

CA = 7*

PA = 7*

"Lee believes Smith would be a good signing for most Coca-Cola Championship sides"

I thought the fact he and my other 2 scouts agree on that comment, Smith can only move on to greater things, with or without Ten Ton. So the 50% sell on may seem hasty now, but if sold for £1,000,000 +, it would easily recoup the original outlay, plus more. And I never ever ever sell any player without some sort of sell on fee. So if he makes an even bigger money move, we'd reap the benefits.

Must be the first time we've spent money on a player. Looks well worth it though, the defence really needed tightened up. Means we now have someone at the back and up front who're playing way below their true level. Looks promising for a decent season.

Transfers

Howell

McDonnell

Bailey

Francis

Out of those four signings of which all were on frees I think my favourite is David Howell, who was loaned in last year and I jumped at the chance of signing him on a free. I was also glad to sign Francis as I think he can be my number one this season.

Pre-Season

I am pretty pleased with my pre-season as I was all but 3 games. I lost ot Lyon 5-1 but I had just been getting peoples fitness ready when it was 2-1 so I was delighted about how we had done. I drew wih Heybridge 3-3 and Chester 1-1 and in my 3 wins I conceded no goals and scored 16 goals.

I'll do a mid season update and an end of season update rather than monthly updates.

Ten Ton FC - Update

Ok, so after a LONG period of assessing the squad, developing a new tactic and setting up my training, I finally managed to hit "continue" last night and start pulling off some of those transfers. As usual, I spent a lot of time looking at players from all over the place, and even hired a new scout (better ability than the current scouts), to add to the two we already have, giving us a very balanced scouting team.

Transfers

Ben Matthews GK

Coach Report

Initially signed as back up, but could end up making a claim for a first team spot. Only the 1 goalkeeper when I took over the team (cook) - so could prove vital in our push for promotion

Lloyd Joynes AM LC / FC

Coach Report

A little different to the scout reports, but Joynes has massive potential. Very young, and signed on a free transfer to bolster the some what shoddy left side of midfield. Would have had a lot of first team football this season, if it wasn't for the loan signing of out-of-favor Aston Villa AML James Easton

James Easton - Joined on loan from Villa until the end of the season, and he's exactly what we've been missing on the left side of midfield. When he joined on loan, he was delighted and "hinted at making the deal permanent", which would be a great asset to the squad, and further fill Ten Ton's group of stars in the BSP.

Scott Smith

Coach Report

Arguably the best player at the club, this guy should sure up our lacking defense instantly. A fantastic acquisition for Ten Ton.

Nathan Taylor - Coach Report

(can't find his profile screenie icon_frown.gif - Will add it in later)

A great player, with fantastic mental and technical ability, the 22 year old Left and Central midfielder will prove a massive hit at the club.

Pre-Season

A very good pre season for Ten Ton FC, Winning all 5 friendlies, including a rather impressive 3-2 scalp of League 1 outfit Bournemouth. James Dunn was his impressive self during the pre season games, scoring 6 goals in the 5 games.

Results

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Kendal 0 : 2 Ten Ton FC

Eastleigh 2 : 3 Ten Ton FC

Ten Ton FC 3 : 2 Bournemouth

Bracknell 0 : 4 Ten Ton FC

Mossley 1 : 3 Ten Ton FC</pre>

Some very promising results there.

Season Opening

Now 3 games into the season, and Ten Ton FC sit 10th in the BSP, with what was a very promising, yet ultimately disappointing trio of games.

Game 1<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Darlington 4 - 3 Ten Ton FC

Barrett (40, 67, 69) Dunn (12)

MacFarlane (84) Mulholland (30)

Scannell (50)</pre>

After taking a 2-0 lead, and a 3-1 lead, I really felt that the game was sewn up, only for Barrett to fire a double inside 3 minutes to level the game up, and MacFarlane to wrap up the game for Darlington late on. A game that saw all 7 shots on target hit the back of the net.

Game 2

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Ten Ton FC 3 - 0 Histon

Dunn (7,19)

Roche (17)</pre>

3 goals up inside 20 minutes, and a rout looked on the cards. However, despite pressing for the rest of the game, and hitting the woodwork a few times, the 3-0 scoreline could not be added to, and the game petered out. Dunn scoring 2 more taking his league tally to 3 in the 2 games.

Game 3

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Ten Ton FC 1 - 1 Wrexham

Bannon (37) Lowe (90+4)</pre>

After 2 games, Wrexham were sat atop the BSP. But on todays performance, you'd never believe it. Totally out classed, and outplayed by Ten Ton, and snatched a smash and grab equalizer in the dying seconds of the match, coming from a Ten Ton FC Corner..!!

So only 4 points form the 3 games thus far, but could have been much more. Still sat in 10th, only 4 points behind the leaders, and 2 points behind everyone else. A long season ahead, but if the boys keep up this forum, theres every possibility of finishing in the top 5

A decent start Nep. As you say a bit more luck and you could have won them all. Hopefully these start turning into wins soon.

Decent signings too. The Bermudian really looks class. How is Dunn rated by the coaches, out of interest? I would have thought Championship level for him as well...

If only I could be bothered to do my reports that length icon_frown.gif Will one of the Softies help me? Hunters contract is up at the end of the year and he isn't accepting, should I try an d get some money for him now or take a gamble and hope he signs sometime later?

Ten Ton FC - Update

3 more games have passed, and despite Ten Ton's average position in the league, things are going very well.

Match Day 4

Kettering 1 - 5 Ten Ton FC

Charlton (51) Dunn (22,34,46)

Smith (31,63)</pre>

New boy smith scores his first goals for the club, and hot shot James Dunn scores an impressive hat-trick against Kettering, who were sat atop the table prior to kick off. Overly impressed with the teams performance.

Match Day 5

Ten Ton FC 4 - 1 Crawley

Dunn (16,35,64) Sherwood (68)

McDonald (31)</pre>

A second consecutive hat-trick for Dunn, and another fantastic scalp of a decent team. Crawley were in the top 5 prior to kick off, and demolishing them saw Ten Ton rise to 2nd in the table after just five games.

Match Day 6

Cheltenham 2 - 2 Ten Ton FC

Child (6) Marsh (50)

Oates (70) Dunn (64)</pre>

Dunn scores yet again, taking his league tally to Ten in 6 games - but ultimately it was a disappointing result. Cheltenham managed to walk away with a point, with 13 shots (7 on target) compared to Ten Ton's 21 shots (only 4 on target). Had the midfielders been a little more potent, we could have been seeing a much wider margin here, and 3 more points, but it wasn't to be.

Top Scorers

Ten Ton

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">James Dunn - 10 Goals

Scott Smith - 2 Goals

NepentheZ (Mulholland) - 1 Goal

5 other players - 1 Goal</pre>

BSP

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">James Dunn - 10 Goals (Ten Ton FC)

Krystian Charlton - 9 Goals (Kettering)

Dominic Curran - 8 Goals (Torquay)

Darren Barrett - 7 Goals (Darlington)

Aaron Marshall - 6 Goals (Kettering)</pre>

So Dunn leads the pack in the way of goals in the division, and even earned himself Goal of the Month - Runner Up "Showing his class, by scoring a curling shot"

In other news, the finances are down £91,000 so far this season, but largely due to the impeccable capture of Smith, who the board believe will become a great player for the club.

BSP - Table caption

Pos Team Played Points

1st Cambridge 8 19

10th Macclesfield 8 13

13th Weymouth 8 12

14th Ebbsfleet 8 12

15th TEN TON FC 6 11

16th Cheltenham 8 11

17th Billericay 8 9

24th Whitby 7 0</pre>

As you can see by the table there, although we're down in 15th, with two games in hand, just one win will propel the club back into the top bracket of the table.

bermybhoy - As for the coach reports on Dunn (prepare yourself)

Alex Williams (Defending) - Alex believes Dunn would be a 'good signing for most Premier Division sides

Oliver Davies (Defending) - Oliver believes Dunn would be a 'good signing for most Premier Division sides

Peter Jones (Attacking) - Peter believes Dunn would be a 'good signing for most Premier Division sides

Mark Jones (Attacking) - Mark is of the opinion that Dunn would be a Leading starfor most Premier Division sides

All three scouts feel he would be a believes Dunn would be a 'good signing for most Premier Division sides. icon_eek.gif

Dafuge - Thanks for editing that without me asking icon_wink.gif Appreciate it.

Ten Ton FC - News Update

James Dunn signs a new 5 year deal with Ten Ton, committing his future to the club.

Contract Stipulations

Full Time Contract.

£600 per week.

£40 appearance bonus

£40 goal bonus

Yearly wage rise of 10%

Promotion wage rise of 25%

Relegation wage drop of 25%

Started - 15.9.2015

Ends - 30.6.2020

Interested Clubs - Blackpool, Burnley

Dunn Personal Info

Favoured Clubs - Ten Ton FC

Favoured Personnel - Paul Wallace

All the above show, that Dunn could well be the kind of player who just might stay at the club. A new 5 year deal, on a full time contract and adulation for the club and manager. It can only mean good things.

If only I could be bothered to do my reports that length icon_frown.gif Will one of the Softies help me? Hunters contract is up at the end of the year and he isn't accepting, should I try an d get some money for him now or take a gamble and hope he signs sometime later?

Is that Craig Hunter? How good is he now?

As a 16 year old he looked great but didn't really improve that much in the year I had him.

Mid Season Report

August started off well with a 2-1 win over Hartlepool coming back from 1-0 down. We then lost 4-2 to Southampton in the league cup first round which I was expecting but we played well in it. Next was a bore draw with Hereford where we were more likely to win it. And then a thriller where we were 3-0 down at halftime and in the style of Liverpool against Milan in 2005 (icon_razz.gif) we got back to 3-3 only to find Stockport take the lead again but Lucas scored a last minute screamer to get us a point.

September started with an unlucky finish to the first game as we were playing well for the draw against Luton when they scored deep into injury time. We then got knocked out of the Johnstone's Paint trophy in the first round to Crystal Palace where we lost 3-1. We lost for the third time this month to Port Vale in a close 3-2 encounter where we were the better team. We then convincingly won against Woking 3-0 with a brace from new signing David Howell. I then beat Northampton in a game where we were the underdogs where Driver and Hunter scored the goals. Hunter then scored his second goal in two games as we beat MK Dons 2-1 putting us in the playoff places.

For most of the game against Tranmere we were ahead and they scored a late goal to beat us, morale was very high after the last few games and we were around the playoff places. We then played Yeovil and lost in a resounding 2-0 defeat which I will want to forget quickly. We then lost in a fairly even game against Stevenage 1-0 after their goal in the 50th minute. Next was Walsall where Howell scored to give us the lead but then he got a dubious red card and they scored two goals in quick succession only for us to equalise from the penalty spot to draw 2-2. We then beat Oldham 2--1 with two late goals from Russell Lucas and Jon Williams. In the penultimate game of the month we beat York 1-0 with a Steve Wright goal. To end the month we drew with Bournemouth after coming back from being 2-0 down after 36 minutes.

Our 4 game unbeaten run came to an end in the first game of November where we lost 1-0 to Shrewsbury. After that we drew with Macclesfield which I am pleased with as I expected to lose. In the FA Cup 1st round we had drawn Stevenage away and I knew it would be a tough tie as we had already lost ot them in the league but I was confident we wold be able to get through, but the result was the same as the league match where we lost 1-0, but on the bright side we can concentrate on the league. We then destroyed Billericay 3-0 with Howell scoring two and Driver scoring the other. We finished the month in a bad way with Rushdenscoring the only goal of the game in the 18th minute.

A very bad month started with a 2-0 loss to Barnet where they scored twice both from the penalty spot. One of the penalty decisions I thought was very dubious so I complained and I got a touchline ban, the team missed me as they lost 7-1 to Bristol Rovers at home with it being 6-0 at halftime. It didn't get any better as we then lost ot Carlisle 3-1 and Gillingham 2-1.

After 23 games the League Table looks like this

THe Squad looks like this

The two best players have been David Howell and Jermaine Blackburn

After the Gillingham game Danny Roberts gave an interview:

Roberts: Hello and welcome, who wants to ask first?

Reporter 1: You have been in charge of Legends FC for 8 and a half season. You were a very succesful footballer but did you think you could ever have achieved this when you first walked through the doors at the Softies stadium?

Roberts: Well, as I player I was always confident in my ability and as a manager I am no different. I always knew that if I stayed here for a while I could achieve great things with this club as we are now in our second season in league football ever. But I am not going to rest here, it may seem my aims are very much out of reach but my aim is to take this club up to the premiership and win both the premiership and the Champions league.

Reporter 2: After your brilliance challenging for a playoff spot last season and finishing 11th in the end, what are your aims for the rest of the season?

Roberts: Well we are 19th in the league at the moment but still 11 points above the relegation spots so my aim is to get as far away from the bottom of the table as possible ready to build for next season.

Reporter 3: After you reached the 5th round of the FA cup last season, how dissapointed were you when you got knocked out in the first round to your league rivals Stevenage?

Roberts: We weren't very dissapointed to be honest, a good cup run would have just been a bonus for us as we are really concentrating on the league to get a good mid table finish. Thank you for coming but that is al for now.

Also this isn't really related to our season so far but has anyone ever seen a pitch snowier than this?

Hunter is still not accepting so I've been offering him to clubs and Rushden have offered £220K and a 50% of next sale, I would have wanted more but they won't offer any more and it is better than him going on a free.

In fact that was at mid season I can only get £140K and 50% from sellon off Stoke now icon_frown.gif

Excellent Nep. Reports are brilliant.

I think it is going to urn into a successful season. As long as morale stays high, the quality is there by the bucketload to take us up.

Astonished as how good Dunn is. Go me for spotting him. I just checked back at an old save, 2012 the scouts rated him as good enough for a League 1 side, but unlikely to get better. Fools...

Originally posted by bermybhoy:

Robert, loving the interview style icon_smile.gif

Hope you can put a run together and climb up the league a bit. Shame about losing Ter.

Thanks, I was reminiscing (sp) about my old fmo clan and the updates I used to do as a few people here are starting one tonight icon_razz.gif "Ter" has gone for £140K and 50% of next sale to Stoke. I didn't want to sell but it was that or selling him for nothing and we made a huge profit on him

Ten Ton FC - Update

10 games into the campaign now, and things are still looking pretty good for Ten Ton FC

Match Day 7

Ten Ton FC 3 - 2 Weymouth

Smith (17,22) Davidson (39)

Dunn (52) Hewitt (69)</pre>

A fantastic victory against a club we've only ever beaten once before in many games. New boy smith adds to his goal tally and Dunn keeps up his impressive goal to game ratio.

Match Day 8

Ten Ton FC 5 - 2 Billericay

Smith (26,65) Moore (20,70)

Dunn (78,84,86)</pre>

Another superb performance, with Dunn capturing his 3rd hat trick so far this season, so early on. The game looked to have gone, when Billericay nicked an equalizer in the 70th minute, at which point I was cursing due to Dunn actually missing 4 guilt edge chances earlier in the game, finding myself saying...

"Dunn could've had a Hat-Trick this game"

... and then he did.

Match Day 9

Whitby 1 - 2 Ten Ton FC

Vernon (78) NepentheZ (p17,p89)</pre>

Another game dominated by Ten Ton, despite yet again almost throwing away the 3 points. Saved by a very "dubious" 89th minute penalty, which NepentheZ (Mulholland) calmly dispatched, giving Ten Ton a vital win against bottom club Whitby, giving them a 7 game unbeaten run.

Match Day 10

Hereford 2 - 1 Ten Ton FC

Winter (41,83) Bannon (10)</pre>

The first game this season we we're actually outclassed in, and Hereford stole a deserved win late on. I felt a bit gutted, as it was another late goal undoing Ten Ton, and despite Bannon's rocket of a goal, we couldn't pull off another victory.

Top Scorers

Ten Ton

James Dunn - 14 Goals

Scott Smith - 6 Goals

NepentheZ - 3 Goals

Ross Bannon - 2 Goals

4 Players - 1 Goal</pre>

BSP Scorers

James Dunn - 14 Goals (Ten Ton FC)

Dominic Curran - 12 Goals (Torquay)

Krystian Charlton - 11 Goals (Kettering)

Ken Walker - 10 Goals (Cheltenham)

Earl Neville - 9 Goals (Crawley)</pre>

Dunn still leading the pack comfortably by the way of goals, helped massively by his 3 hat-tricks. Ten Ton also have a game in hand over all the rivals.

BSP - Table Caption

Pos Team Played Points

1st Cambridge 11 25

6th Torquay 11 21

7th TEN TON FC 10 21

8th Forest Green 11 21

15th Weymouth 11 14

24th Whitby 11 0</pre>

Very close at the top of the table, and a few wins could see Ten Ton hit the Top of the Table.

Hi Guys,

I have read the entire thread with great interest, I have never seen an idea like it and it seems to have re-ignited my want to play FM08.

I would love the chance to play with the Monkey's (as I am from the NE) but have no qualms of giving the Softies a shot.

Let me know if it's ok for me to get on the list.

'3IAR'

Cheers

Dave

Thanks Dafuge, I did have a couple of questions if you could help me?

Are you permitted to use the 'player search' facility and filter?

Can you play a few games on 'holiday'? as for some reason I find once I have my tactics and my team choice set, my assistant manager often gets better results than me, I must have a 1 stat for motivation!

Archived