Should I wait new Patch?

• SI Staff
SI Ter: I've been using them to my advantage. Signed Beckham for Southampton and was over the moon. I couldn't really care less who other teams sign and for how much when I'm playing.

As above, this isn't very encouraging coming from an SI employee

I'm not saying it's not something that needs looked at. It's not spoiling my enjoyment of the game is what I was saying.

Come off it! People re finishing games with 7 men and having the same sociopathic referee for 9 successive league games. Wake up.

The only thing they will change in this respect is the rotatoin of the referee's there is nothing wrong the amount of cards handed out or the injuries, both are very much realistic, the only thing hindering this at the moment is the situation where the same card happy ref is assigned to players games, therefore they are experiencing more cards than maybe they should over the course of a season.

Injury wise it is probably the best FM yet, very much realistic, all teams suffer injury problems, Man Utd lost their entire defence for games last season, Aberdeen have lost 6 out of their 18 man first team squad on bad injuries, two of them for the season. It does happen

I'm not saying it's not something that needs looked at. It's not spoiling my enjoyment of the game is what I was saying.

SIGames Football Manager and Champ Manager before when they did it were always top with everyone because of how realistic they made the game. I remember being at the Excel Centre in 2004 for a games convention when a rival was telling me how their version would be better than SI's because they were doing this, had bought in that. I wasn't having it, so he said try our demo, we will show you. I did so and it was plunder and I told him why, that when you play the game SI makes it feels realistic, more than a game, its like being in a virtual football world and very believable. That in my book is why this game goes to number 1 in the charts every year as fans know what they are getting, and rival games have dodgy bugs and programming that makes their games unrealistic.

For a respected member of SI, to turn around and laugh off the fact the game has a number of very unreal issues that spoils the game for many, is very worrying indeed!!

• SI Staff
For a respected member of SI, to turn around and laugh off the fact the game has a number of very unreal issues that spoils the game for many, is very worrying indeed!!

Nobody is laughing off anything. I was saying that big name players going for "unrealistic" fees doesn't really bother me or spoil my enjoyment of the game. That doesn't mean it won't be looked at.

As much as I read so far, the game is full of bugs, so my question is, is it worth to start the game or its better to wait for new patch? Thanks for any advice

Play it now! If everybody awaits the 2nd or 3rd patch to buy/play the game: 1) No bugs spotted (so we are back at the start); 2) SI Games goes bankrupt (so no game at all).

In conclusion there must be somebody to act as cannon fodder.

• SI Staff
Will the transfer issues be save game compatible? I'm a LLM so it probably wouldn't affect me for 6 or 7 seasons.

I would expect so but it won't be able to fix things that have already happened

Archived