Disgusting number of cards shown.

I believe it is manageable, as I state I am having no issues with the number of cards for my team or in game on any league. I feel that from what has been said there might be an issue when people use the tactical creator which is somehow having an effect. I don't use it, so may be thats why I am not seeing the problem others are. If it is the case that the tactical creator is somehow at fault then it is something that will need fixing.

... Stewie, the problem, as I said before, is not the number of cards but the "chance" to modify the situation in game. So, in your game, try the "opposite" way and modify, on "hard" for instance, the tackling instructions for all your players and tell me what happens to red/yellow cards average per match...

... Stewie, the problem, as I said before, is not the number of cards but the "chance" to modify the situation in game. So, in your game, try the "opposite" way and modify, on "hard" for instance, the tackling instructions for all your players and tell me what happens to red/yellow cards average per match...

I can certainly increase my players tackling from default to hard and I am sure I will probably see an increase. My point was more to do with the overall number that people are seeing across the league and across other leagues they are not playing in, not just what is happening with their team. As you have no control over any other team then if there was an issue it would be seen even with the AI teams. On my game the averages across the top leagues are no more than 4 yellows per game and at most I think about 1 red every 4 or 5 games.

I have managed my teams cards by keeping tackling to a minimum but as I stated, I didn't use the tactical creator so don't know if there is potentially a flaw with it that causes this issue.

I have increased tackling to very aggressive and continued to allow the Assistant Manager to do OI and in my first game with the change, I had 1 yellow and no reds, the AI team had no cards.

With easy tackling, no pressuring, and telling every freaking body to take it easy with the card, I am still 2 yellows or more per game, but amazingly, red cards have now gone up. From 1 red every 3,7 games, to now 1 red every 2.5 games. So far, 6 red cards in 17 games. This is so moronic.

• Administrators

To be fair that's still less than the 2010 World Cup final.

And we are looking into this, if you have any examples please feel free to post them in the Match Engine thread of the FM11 Bugs Forum - cheers.

Why doesn't everyone seeing this problem work out the average booking per game for the Championship and see how close it is to real life.

IRL it's 2.9 so far this season and in my games it's 2.4 so if anything there is less bookings in my game. I chose the Championship because those stats are easy to find IRL and quite a few people here will have that league active in their game. if you don;t have the Champiionship then basically it works out the lessr quality players and refs there are the more bookings there are, so in the BSS in England there will be a higher average number of bookings per game.

At least with that information there is something that you guys can show to SI as proof of a problem assuming you guya can actually be bothered to do anything except continually complainging without gathering real proof for SI.

If anyone else is seeing a huge difference than that then there really is a bad problem, taking just one game out of a season doesn't prove anything as there is always the chance of a game with lots of bookings even IRL.

Some people are getting this, some are not. I don't feel it's excessive throughout the team, but may be the roles and instructions given to certain players.

I usually play two centre-backs. The one on the right will be a pure "stopper", a "limited defender". I use someone with high tackling, marking, heading and anticipation. The one on the left will be a "ball-playing" defender, someone to play the ball out from the back, usually someone with decent passing & decision-making, as well as good tackling, etc. My "stopper" picks up far more cards than my "ball-player".

In midfield, my "ball-winning" midfielder picks up far, far more yellow cards than my playmaker/central mid/box-to-box (I switch the roles frequently during matches).

So although some people may be seeing more cards than they would like, despite having set the instructions to "cautious", certain positions/roles will always pick up more cards.

And if it's always happening to *your* team rather than your opposition or other AI teams, there's a strong possibility it's your tactics. Don't forget, the match engine doesn't know who is the AI and who is the human user. Of course, I don't know if it is only *your* teams, and I'm not trying to wind anyone up with "it's your tactics".

But, as Neil says, if you think it's a problem, upload the PKMs to the bugs forum where SI can see them. Maybe there is something there that I and many others haven't seen. The hardest kind of bug to deal with is the sort that not everyone experiences.

Archived