FM11 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

So.

2013/14 - Marenhense was my new team, another recent relegated club. Managed to save it nicely.

In the Portuguese Cup, we managed to get to the quarterfinals, incredibly. We fell, only on penalties, against Academica after a 3-3 game at home.

2014/15 - We started great, with 10 on the first 12, and after a loss against Sporting Lisbon on the 1/16 of the Cup, bam. We started losing games, and thanks to matches like this one, we got relegated after a 7-4 game (with two players less, injured) and a 4-4 home after winning 3-0.

Table.

Fifth year into this save, and still nothing to show for it.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are seriously unlucky :(

12 points ahead with 6 games left.

Last 16 of CL beat Sporting CP 3-1 away. Countered in the home game with Neguete scoring another amazing goal. Bogers put in a screamer of a freekick and we win 2-0. 5-1 on aggregate.

casertana.png

Casertana - Season 2 - 2013/14 - Serie C1/B

Serie C1/B - Media Prediction: 16th - Final Position: 2nd - Past Positions -

Not a single senior player left the club during summer. Last season Casertana squad consisted of many loan players who already during the latter part of that season were being pushed to the sidelines by players signed after Christmas. What ever "holes" the squad had, were mostly patched by youngsters released by big clubs. After an initial slow start, the squad gathered some speed and ended up on the second place with big point gaps to the winners Frosinone and the third place Taranto. In the end Casertana beat Taranto in the promotion playoff finals and were promoted to Serie B.

Italian Cup - Fixtures

Reached 2nd Qual. Rnd. but got beaten by Serie B Brescia.

Serie C Cup - Fixtures

Managed to go all the way to the finals, but Taranto proved to be a better team this time. Beat them later in a more important competition (C1/B playoffs). :)

Casertana Players - Squad - Transfers

ST Cristian Tiboni - My best goal scorer.

ST Ferdinando Sforzini - Looking at his attributes I think he should be more effective in front of goal.

DM Silvano Raggio Garibaldi - Decent defensive midfielder and my captain.

DC - Filippo De Col - Former milan youngster who seems to have some potential.

DL - Gianluca Zini - Young defender released by Udinese. Has played 1 Serie A game. Important player for Casertana.

Progress

[font=Courier New]
Season        League          Position          Italian Cup          Serie C Cup          Achievements
[hr]
2013/14       Serie C1/B      2[sUP]nd[/sUP]               2[sUP]nd[/sUP] Qual. Rnd.        Final (lost)        Promotion
2012/13       Serie C2/B      1[sUP]st[/sUP]               -                     3[sUP]rd[/sUP] Rnd. Grp.       C2/B & promotion, C2 Super Cup
[/font]

Yas, well done Duccio :thup::D

Good luck surviving next season! :)

Won the league and German Cup. One game left, the CL Final v Juventus! The same team I beat with Darmstadt last year in the CL final. Will probably do a blow by blow account in real time when I'm back on :)

AD_Universidad_de_Oviedo.png

Univ Oviedo

Spanish 2nd Division B1

End of Season 2011/12

Winning the League

The Season in Brief

Predicted: 14th

Actual: 1st http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/LLR%20Challenger/season2/SpanishSecondDivisionB1Information_Stages.png

Spanish Cup: 4th Round vs Sevilla

Season Tickets: 623

Finances: -3.7million Stadium build cost 2.5mil which i needed to do

Transfers: 2011/12 Transfers IN :8k Transfers Out: 550k

The League

We started really well not loosing a game for 12 games but neither did the teams below me so it was neck n neck all season long. i had a torrid winter where i was loosing games which i should of won and injury's also played a part in the games i lost. with the new season about to start i may have to sell my star players so i can get back into the green

Playoffs : vs Alocoyano (7-1 on Agg) , Final vs Melilla (4-1 on Agg)

Best Results: at As Pontes 5:0, vs 4:0 Atletico B

Worst Results: at Sevilla 2:3, vs Sevilla 2:5

Fixtures 1-21 http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/LLR%20Challenger/season2/ADUniversidaddeOviedoUnivOviedo_Fixtures.png

Fixtures 22-42http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/LLR%20Challenger/season2/ADUniversidaddeOviedoUnivOviedo_Fixtures-2.png

Playoffs http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/LLR%20Challenger/season2/ADUniversidaddeOviedoUnivOviedo_Fixtures-3.png

Player Stats http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/LLR%20Challenger/season2/SpanishSecondDivisionB1Stats_PlayerStats.png

Team Stats http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/LLR%20Challenger/season2/SpanishSecondDivisionB1Stats_TeamStats.png

Spanish Cup

Started lively in all games but obviously the strength of Sevilla squad proved to much but we pushed them all the way and also had 3 main players out with injury :D

Star Players of the season

Winde Hopefully my board will not sell him i have put a 5 million asking price to keep teams away.

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/LLR%20Challenger/season2/WindeProfile_Attributes.png

Rial The rock of my defense

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/LLR%20Challenger/season2/PituRialProfile_Attributes.png

Weijl my best winger played well all season

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/LLR%20Challenger/season2/VincentWeijlProfile_Attributes.png

Barba if i had this guy fit all season then i wouldn't of lost any games

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/LLR%20Challenger/season2/AdrinBarbaProfile_Attributes.png

Late Signing

Razzotti Really helped my DM slot made it into the starting 11 and stayed there

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/LLR%20Challenger/season2/FrancoRazzottiProfile_Attributes.png

yeah good luck Toon balmy

minisav - good luck V Juventus. i am sure you're going to do it.

duccio - congrats on your rapid promotion to Serie B!! good luck next season.

As for me, well my chairman has done it AGAIN!!! Steve Hughes will leave in January for £2.5 million to join the 'mighty' Sedan in France... :(

2015/16 - RB Leipzig - German First Division - minisav

League

Really easy this. It took me until 3 games to go until I'd mathematically sealed it but nobody ever looked like stopping me from clinching it. Unbeaten too which was nice. Was very nice to win this for the 3rd time in a row.

Table - Fixtures

Cup

After winning this last year I wasn't too bothered so I often fielded weaker sides to be fully fit for the CL or the league. However, we breezed through most matches except for the 3rd round where the opposition, Hoffenheim, missed all 4 of their penalties and I scored 2 out of 3. The final was a tough one as it as before the CL and I didn't want injuries but I went with the first team anyway. We found ourselves 2-0 down after 16 mins but overcame that for a 3-2 win and to lift the trophy for a 2nd consecutive time.

Fixtures - Final v Kaiserslautern

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

This was my main objective the whole season. Was playing total 2nd string sides in the league before hard CL games to ensure everyone was 100% fit. It worked as I mostly won my league games and mostly won the CL game after.

Group Stages

So we were 3rd seeds this year. We were drawn with Roma, Man City and FC Timisoara (Romanian). I fancied all my home games with draws away to both the big sides.

I beat Timisoara 3-0 at home in the opener. The next one was challenging, Man City away, however we dealt with that by winning 3-1. Roma were dispatched with ease as I won 4-0 away from home.

Playing Roma again, this time at home, we went down to 10 men after 1 minute. Didn't make much of a difference as we went on to win 4-0 again. This was followed by a 7-0 destruction of Timisoara away which sealed us as winners of the group.

In the final match, at home to Man City, I was looking for a win to make it 6 wins in 6, however, Torres decided another sending off was needed whilst we were on top and we went on to lose 1-0.

Knockout Stages

FIRST KNOCKOUT ROUND

Drawn against Sporting CP, I was fairly confident of going through.

Leg 1

Was disappointed to go down 1-0 after 4 minutes, especially as it was poor defending that let them in. I told the guys to relax and a strong second half showing saw us walk away with a 3-1 win and in a good position going into the second leg at home.

Leg 2

Just sat back and countered when I could in this. 2 simple goals in each half finished the job for a 5-1 aggregate.

QUARTER FINALS

We got drawn against holders Barcelona who still have Pique, Messi, Bojan and David Villa. Luckily for me, their top scorer in the CL Neymar was injured for both legs.

Leg 1

Very good start going 2-0 up very quickly but we were quickly pegged back when they got a pen in the 24th minute. Wasn't a pen either which was annoying. Was pretty chuffed when we grabbed another before half time. I was even happier when we went 4-1 up a minute into the 2nd half. Once again they sneaked an undeserved goal making it nervy as they'd got 2 away goals to take home. However, we scored our own scrappy goal to finish 5-2. Great match.

Leg 2

Was incredibly nervy, expecting them to come all out and win 3-0. I'm a pessimist! As you can imagine this wasn't helped when they went 1-0 up early in the match. However, they stupidly gave away a foul in injury time of the first half which Bogers smashed in. The pushed and pushed with Messi on fine form but even he could only score them one goal to leave it 6-4 on aggregate to me!

SEMI FINALS

As the draws are done at the same time as the Quarters, I knew I'd be facing Real Madrid or Porto. Porto lost 1-0 at home and despite a brave showing in Spain, could only draw 1-1 leaving me with Real Madrid.

Leg 1

Battered in this game. Unable to counter much and penned back by a very strong Real Madrid side who remain very similar to how they are in real life. However, a free kick in the first half was floated in and Mbiwa sneaked a header in. We held out until the 61st minute until Cristiano Ronaldo scored a great goal. Was very happy to keep it at 1-1.

Leg 2

Decided to go against my instincts and tweak my tactics for this game. I had intended to play defensive and attempt to go through on away goals. I still had us counter attacking, but defending was my first priority. Obviously my players had other ideas and I found myself 2-0 up in 5 minutes. We just dominated getting a further 3 throughout the match to win 5-0 on the night and 6-1 on aggregate. And Mourinho still had the cheek to say we should shoot more rather than try and walk it into the net!

FINAL

So we got Juventus who beat Man Utd in their Semi. I would have liked Utd to gain revenge for last season but whatever.

In what was the dullest first half I've ever witnessed there were 4 shots in total and some bookings. Things livened up in the 2nd with both teams having chances. The deadlock was finally broken by Mbiwa from a corner. We nervously held out with Kammlott, the only remaining original player, missing a good chance late on.

WINNERS!

Juventus 0 - 1 RB Leipzig - CL Fixtures - Group Standings - CL Dream Team - Filled with my players :cool:

Team:

Squad - Tactics - Transfers

Once again, large budget which was helpful as overhauling was needed.

So, let's meet the guys!

Goalkeepers

2nd Choice

Miguel Angel Moya - Good 2nd choice, very dependable when I was resting people for the CL.

1st Choice

Yann Sommer - Great goalkeeper who saved a lot of good shots and sorted the defence well. Started attacks well by releasing the full backs quickly.

Fullbacks

Backups:

Jerome Boateng - Signed on a free, this very versatile player is the perfect sub and did well when he started too.

Carlinhos - Expensive signing last season who disappointed so was replaced for this season. Didn't play a lot. Did alright when he did. Dependable.

Patrick van Aanholt - Another ex-first choice who got limited chances to show how average he is. Another dependable back-up.

Marnick Vermijl - Former first choice right back making do with the occasional match. Did well when called upon.

First Choice:

Cristian Ansaldi - Signed on a free, he took the left back position and never really let it go except for when he needed rested. Played fantastically supporting Shaqiri and Neguete on the left side and getting a few assists.

Sergio Sanchez - Signed for a cheap 2 million this man offered the defending side of a fullback compared to Ansaldi. Very solid and also managed to get 3 assists so not bad.

Central Defenders

Backups:

Henrique - Very solid when called upon. Did well as a starter in the 'reserve' team in the resting games. Probably their top scorer actually! Also did well when coming on as a sub when the other guys got booked/injured. Booked players tend to come off ASAP as I've been burned too many times by double bookings.

Ari Nyman - Did ok. Putting in here although he made appearances at DM too.

First Choice:

Pedro - This beast had another fantastic season as a defender but only scored half as much as last season but that wasn't a worry.

Mapou Yanga Mbiwa - Brick wall at CB and scored some very important goals including the one in the CL final. Legend for that.

Wingers

Backups:

Aleksander Kirov - Once again, another player who dropped down the pecking order due to the Summer signings. Made the most of his appearances and is still a good all round player.

Ashkan Dejagh - Also one dropped in the pecking order. Came off the bench and did some damage at times. Carbon copy of Kirov but mostly played on the right wing. Also used as main sub due to playing on both flanks.

Jose Ignacio Sarasola - Signed as a bargain player with potential he managed to do well sneaking a goal and an assist. Not bad for the young guy.

First Choice

Xerdan Shaqiri - The Swiss Maestro on the left wing utterly destroyed teams. Didn't score as much as he could have but 23 assists says it all. Great player to watch in 3D.

Enzo Perez - Very similar to Shaqiri in his performances. Not as many assists but a very important player.

Defensive Midfield

Backup

Boldizsar Bodor - Small chances of appearing these days. Only gave him a contract as he was cheap wages.

No first choice as these 2 players shared responsibility.

Nampalys Mendy - First choice from last season having to share the spot this season was once again a rock. Worked very hard and even got a goal. Good stuff from him.

Jurgen Bogers - First signing when last season ended. Another youngster but he quickly established himself. Scored a few screamers including an important one to settle the nerves at the Nou Camp.

Attacking Midfield

Backups:

Gael Kakuta - Signed from Chelsea where has was transfer listed I had intended for him to be first choice but Torres decided to up his game from last season. Great pace and also used on the wings. 6 assists is very good.

Alexande Baumjohann - A player who has been here a few seasons but has never nailed down a place. 3 goals and 3 assists is pleasing from him.

First Choice:

Erick Torres - The man who struggled last season so I'll assume he was just adapting. Started on fire scoring 3 goals in 4 games. There was no shifting him from the spot and I'm immensely happy with 12 goals and 12 assists from midfield.

Strikers

Backups:

Carsten Kammlott - The sole survivor of the squad I took over in 2011. Very limited opportunities being 5th in line. I did however give him a sub appearance for the 2nd half of the CL final as I'm very sentimental. He let me down and missed a good chance near the end. Shame.

Ivica Olic - Former main man still rolled back the years and knocked a few in. Love him.

Chiquinho - After being Neguete's right hand man and a very dependable scorer he dropped in form this season and lost his position. Coming on from the bench he failed to impress really. Still got a few.

First Choice:

Jorg Schwab - Signed from Leverkusen as somebody with potential he opened with a hat-trick in the German Cup First Round. He followed this with more good form as Chiquinho faltered. He also got a hat-trick v Real Madrid which was very impressive. 17 goals and 11 assists is a very nice return.

Neguete - What can I say about this guy? Won striker of the year, striker of the season, golden boot in the CL and player of the tournament for the CL. Basically carried us at times and 41 goals and 16 assists is sensational return.

The End? Probably, not really much else to do. Think that's me done with this FM.

Also, any extra screenshots, I'll see what I can do. And if I've made a mistake, just say, there are a lot of screenshots there!

Season            League            Position          Achievements                              
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 2011/12       Third Division          1st            
 2012/13       Second Division         1st           Cup Semi-Finalists
 2013/14       First Division          1st              Cup Winners
 2014/15       First Division          1st       CL Semi-Finalists, Cup Winners
 2015/16       First Division          1st        Cup Winners, CL Winners
----C -- H -- A -- L -- L -- E -- N -- G -- E -*-*-*- C -- O -- M -- P -- L -- E -- T -- E

We'll see how it goes this time. Maybe I'm just meant to play in Spain.

I remember I had a great time with 2010's Algeciras, but we had a problem when we got to la Liga and the 9,000 stadium would not be expanded due to city regulations. I'm hoping this time the "Build a new stadium" feature will take care of that, otherwise I'll be screwed again...and that's if I get past one season.

Oh well, we'll see what happens!

T24

Don't worry Twellman, I'm in my 16th season in Portugal now and I'm not all that close to completing the challenge - I am only just starting to really challenge for the title. The beauty of these challenges is not seeing how fast you can get through them (unless that's really your thing), but the enjoyment of the journey taken at a pace that feels appropriate to you.

I'll admit I look at people that finish the challenge quickly and say to myself "Wow, I'm actually pretty crap at this game", but then I go back into my game and realise I've gone a helluva long way from where I started and regardless of other people's experiences it's been a great accomplishment.

Season: 2013/14

Club: Angri

Media Prediction: 14th

Season Review:

The season started really well, with wins in all 4 group games in the Serie C Cup and a couple of good performances in the league. The cup run ended in the first round, but it was a great performance against one of the strongest teams in the competition.

As the season progressed it was clear that promotion was a possibility, but since we weren't winning some of the games we should have been winning the league looked unlikely. We finished the season with a great run of form and at one point in the final day were leading on goal difference. But in the end other results went against us and we ended up finishing 3rd. Into the Play-offs.

Play-offs

These were obviously going to be tough and we made hard work of them. Drew the first leg 1-1 and were 2-1 down in the 2nd leg until we somehow scored in the 96th minute!

The final was a different story, with a 5-0 win (with 2 missed penalties) against Rimini in the first leg, giving us a nice relaxed second leg. Which we drew 1-1. But the season was over and we were going up!

Final League Standings

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 2011/12       Serie C2/C           16th            
 2012/13       Serie C2/C           10th           
 2013/14       Serie C2/C           3rd                Promotion  

Congrats on the Promotion Anti-Spiral, and Congrats on the Completion Minisav.

Haro have made it into the Liga BBVA once again, we managed a complete domination of the Liga Adelante, I'll post the update later, twice I have just finished adding screenshots and lost it...(I have the writing all saved, just need to add the links again). Have in the offseason replaced my entire defensive line except Chiquinho for a combined 5.8M, adding the sales of Trigo (Forced by Chairman for 4.7M to Barcelona) & Savarese we have made 13.5M in player sales already and improved our squad overall only spending 5M (Mostly on 16-19yr olds with Potential). Our U19s knocked out Real Madrid in the Youth Cup First Round as well.

Season: 2014/15

League: Italy - Serie C1/B

Media Prediction: 18th

Season Review:

A perfect start to a new division, sitting comfortably at the top for a while. Then our small squad affected us during the middle of the season and we trailed off from the leaders, at one point being only a point away from the relegation places.

Our great cup run helped us get back into form and we had a great end to the season. But the bad results during the middle meant we missed out on the play-offs on the last day of the season.

Serie C Cup

Winners! We looked strong all through this tournament and I considered us contenders early on but wasn't expecting to win! The draw in the last 3 rounds were very kind and we ended up comfortable winners in the end.

Italian Cup

First Round loss

Final League Standings

2014/15       Serie C1/B           8th                Serie C Cup winners!

Des Tiny's

Club Haro Deportivo

grTd8.jpg

Spanish Liga Adelante

End of Season 2018/19

Dominating Promotion

The Season in Brief

Predicted: 12th

Actual: 1st (Graph)

Spanish Cup: 4th Round vs Deportivo - 1st Leg - 2nd Leg

Manager: Des Tiny - History

Season Tickets: 5591 (v987 [Avg Att: 7993])

Finances: 8.5M (32nd Esp [v7])

Transfers: 2018/19 - 13 In (€6.25M) 21 Out (€12.5M)

Squad: First Squad & Under 19s

I'm Wanted: Zaragoza, Real Madrid

Players Sold: Marconi (€3.3M), Trigo (€4.7M)

Iconic Tiny

The League

Starting the season with a big win, and then a 1:0 loss to Atletico "B" made me think something could be about to happen in the season, as the B teams really don't matter when you are aiming for promotion. Then 6 wins in a row were followed by a single loss, and 7 more wins meaning after 16 games we were 14-0-2 and comfortably leading the league, we never relinquished that spot as the season rolled on. In fact it was never closer than 6pts at any stage from there. And when we ended the season with 14 straight unbeaten, and 9 straight wins there was no doubt. Blanchet came out as signing of the season, I spent 8k on him, and he scored 31 goals in 31 appearances (That's €258 per goal). The rest of the players worked well, but the defenders look the least likely to make the step up so expect some sales there in the offseason as I try to build a Liga BBVA defense.

Liga Adelante Golden Boot: Franck Blanchet 29 Goals.

Liga Adelante Best Goalie: Daniel Di Dio 3rd

My 300th: at Sporting 0:1

Best Results: vs Badajoz 6:0, at Rayo 5:0

Worst Results: at Badajoz 0:1, vs Elche 2:4

Promotion Feedback: Fans, Board, Francesconi.

Champions Feedback: Fans, Board, Francesconi.

Fixtures 1-21

Fixtures 22-42

Player Stats

Team Stats

Spanish Cup

We started out against Elche, and scored in the 2nd & 5th minutes to go up 2:0, from there no idea what happened, it just stgnated and the game continued with only a double yellow on their side as entertainment, through to face Zaragoza. It took extra time against them for us to steal a 2:0 victory with late goals to Blanchet & Volodin. This saw us into the 4th round to play against Deportivo, this was a round I really thought we should be able to win, as it was over two rounds I knew I needed two performances. We won 1:0 at home with ease, it should've been more, but oh well, heading down the road I was just hoping to be able to stay within one goal of them. We scored first in the 26th min (Our reserve strikers were playing because of injuries) this gave us a 2:0 lead, but they scored three within 7 minutes to then lead 3:2 on aggregate. I put all my players forward knowing that another goal would give us an away goals victory, we got an own goal in the 76th minute and I really thought we had it at this point, and to have them score on 86 mins was heartbreaking as we were knocked out. Hoping for better next season.

Fixtures

Team Stats

Player Stats

The Players

Squad Stats

Keepers

Daniel Di Dio (GK) - Very solid at the back this season, he may have conceded a few goals in an occasional game, but there were periods where Triple D alone was the reason our team was able to keep the clean sheet and win the game. 19 CS.

Alexey Maximov (GK)

Gianluca Cassetti (GK)

Defenders

Bjornar Lian (DRL) - Started the season as Right Back, but the stupid board sold both my left backs and someone needed to move across, Lian did it solidly, but was nothing amazing, the purchase of new right and left backs over summer has seen Lian become surplus to requirements. 5A.

Marc Hirsch (DRC) - A solid Austrian season here, but I just don't see the upside here anymore, he seems to be dropping off the pace as we meet better strikers, so see him disappearing at some point as well. He ended up playing as a right back for most of the season following the demise of our left backs. 3A.

Chiquinho (DC) - The young Brazilian had a good season, and then featured in the U20s World Cup as Brazil finished 4th. Our best defender in my books and with enough potential to play in the top league he will be back for the new season. 2G.

Riccardo Ranieri (DC) - Just a solid season from the captain, but he has also joined Hirsch in the transfers pile at the end of the season, I couldn't hold onto the old defenders when replacements came in. The final Foundation member will be gone. He played well, but is also being beaten by the better strikers now and I can't afford that in the top league, only 26 so a huge career wherever he goes. 2G 2A.

Jevgeni Novitski (DC)

Nikolay Tsekov (DRC)

Darko Jersin (DC)

Johan Neven (DC)

Thomas Skjeldestad (DL)

Midfielders

Cristian Romero (DM) - A solid defensive midfielder, he stops the opposition getting to the defensive line, and then helps to build the attack from deep as well, then he gets up in the air for corners and slots a few of them home. Really is useful as a solid back line, but will continue in the new season as the best I have. 6G 2A.

Alessandro Barbieri (MC) - I brought him into the squad in January as I thought we needed a bit more reliability in the midfield, as I wasn't sure Savarese and Volodin were doing quite enough for me, through half a season he did some great work and was probably the best midfielder in that section of the year. 6G 6A.

Davide Savarese (MC) - Was really in and out of the team, had a rotation policy for the 2nd MC slot this season. Did manage to post double digit assists which is what I want to see from the mids. A solid season, but he is unlikely to be in the squad for the new season, his skill level is just not quite good enough. 6G 11A.

Igor Volodin (MC) - Every good team needs a solid Russian, I don't believe I have one, I think Volodin will probably end up being a Journeyman, he just is a bit behind the 8-ball here, and I really don't know whether I want to keep him, or if I can find somewhere for him to go.

Samir Turk (DM/MC)

Guiseppe Cerrone (MC)

Jereon Bijl (MC)

Roberto Bucciarelli (DM/MC)

Ronald Moreau (MC)

Strikers

Marco Francesconi (ST) - He has moved into a more supporting role for this season, and he seemed to thrive in it. a very solid season from my own Italian Stallion, yes I have a lot of Italians, he is going to continue to score goals as he races towards 100 for the club. Be great to see him go over that milestone in the Liga BBVA as he has goals at every level. 15G 9A.

Franck Blanchet (ST) - WOW! I cannot believe the value I got here, only 8k spent for the Golden Boot of the Liga Adelante. I originally paid for him looking at his potential, and thought he would be back-up, he got a spot straight into the team after some good preseason performances, and he just improved from there. Best signing ever. 31G 14A.

Aleksander Georgiev (ST) - King Georgie V had another solid season as our third striker, I figured him to step into the second striker role, but the addition of Blanchet saw him back in the third role, he has made this place his own though. 12G 12A.

Pedro (ST) - The back-up was called on a fair bit this season, and actually I thought he did pretty well, much better than Obina, Trigo, Kruger or any of the others who are supposedly better than him. 12G 4A.

Obina (ST)

Gabriel Trigo (ST)

Stefan Aerts (ST)

The History

Leading Players

|------------|-------------------|--------|--------|
| Category   |    Top Player     | Career | Season |[/left]
|------------|-------------------|--------|--------|
| Games      | Riccardo Ranieri* |  253   |   30   |
| Goals      | Marco Francesconi |   96   |   15   |  
| Assists    | Joao Carlos*      |   49   |    0   |
| Avg Rat    | Franck Blanchet   |  7.83  |  7.83  |
| MoMs       | Marco Francesconi |   28   |    6   |
| Clean Shts | Alberto Gentile*  |   43   |    0   |

[left]|------------|-------------------|--------|--------|[/left]

The 100 Club

|----------------------|--------|------|-------|-------|------|-----|-----|--------|
| The 100 Club         | Starts | Subs | Goals | Assts | Conc | Cln | MoM | Av Rat |
|----------------------|--------|------|-------|-------|------|-----|-----|--------|
| Ranieri, Riccardo    |   252  |   1  |    7  |    6  |   0  |   0 |  13 |  7.03  |
| Francesconi, Marco   |   199  |  22  |   96  |   45  |   0  |   0 |  28 |  7.12  |
| Loffredo, Christian* |   176  |  12  |   13  |   37  |   0  |   0 |   2 |  6.94  |
| Almedia, Fabio*      |   164  |  13  |   67  |   47  |   0  |   0 |  21 |  7.11  |
| Savarese, Davide     |   151  |  24  |   38  |   40  |   0  |   0 |   8 |  7.10  |
| Campana, Giuseppe*   |   144  |   6  |   74  |   30  |   0  |   0 |  13 |  7.19  |
| Gentile, Alberto*    |   143  |   0  |    0  |    0  | 187  |  43 |   1 |  6.84  |
| Diallo, Bradley*     |   132  |  10  |   16  |   32  |   0  |   0 |  14 |  7.10  |
| Hirsch, Marc         |   125  |  11  |    1  |    7  |   0  |   0 |   7 |  6.96  |
| Pedro                |    94  |  30  |   43  |   17  |   0  |   0 |  10 |  6.99  |
| Joao Carlos*         |   119  |   4  |   11  |   49  |   0  |   0 |   9 |  7.11  |
| Spendlhofer, Lukas*  |    74  |  38  |    1  |    4  |   0  |   0 |   1 |  6.81  |
| Volodin, Igor        |    86  |  23  |    8  |   14  |   0  |   0 |   0 |  6.92  |
| Geogiev, Aleksander  |   105  |   3  |   30  |   22  |   0  |   0 |   6 |  6.94  |
| Fran Garcia*         |    90  |  16  |   12  |   19  |   0  |   0 |   4 |  7.01  |
| Pfeiffer, Jean-Marc* |    69  |  31  |   16  |   20  |   0  |   0 |   7 |  7.08  |

The Club Awards

|---------|----------|-------------------|---------|------------|
| Season  | Division |     Fans PotY     | Best XI | Overall XI |
| 2012/13 |   2DB3   | [url="http://i.imgur.com/nle2L.png"]Bradley Diallo[/url]    | [url="http://i.imgur.com/SA3xR.jpg"]2012/13[/url] | [url="http://i.imgur.com/SA3xR.jpg"]2012-2013[/url]  |
| 2013/14 |   2DB3   | [url="http://i.imgur.com/cknxR.png"]Fabio Almeida[/url]     | [url="http://i.imgur.com/65ewt.jpg"]2013/14[/url] | [url="http://i.imgur.com/Zj3Cy.jpg"]2012-2014[/url]  |
| 2014/15 |   2DB3   | [url="http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/8513/destinynewsinbox3.png"]Guiseppe Campana[/url]  | [url="http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/2600/clubharodeportivohistor.png"]2014/15[/url] | [url="http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/2600/clubharodeportivohistor.png"]2012-2015[/url]  |
| 2015/16 |    LA    | [url="http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/2711/destinynewsinbox.png"]Marco Francesconi[/url] | [url="http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/2600/clubharodeportivohistor.png"]2015/16[/url] | [url="http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/2600/clubharodeportivohistor.png"]2012-2016[/url]  |
| 2016/17 |    LA    | [url="http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/2711/destinynewsinbox.png"]Marco Francesconi[/url] | [url="http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/2600/clubharodeportivohistor.png"]2016/17[/url] | [url="http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/6757/clubharodeportivohistord.png"]2012-2017[/url]  |
| 2017/18 |   BBVA   | [url="http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/7025/destinynewsinbox2.png"]Marco Francesconi[/url] | [url="http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/2600/clubharodeportivohistor.png"]2017/18[/url] | [url="http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/2600/clubharodeportivohistor.png"]2012-2018[/url]  |[b]
| 2018/19 |    LA    | [url="http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/2711/destinynewsinbox.png"]Franck Blanchet[/url]   | [url="http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/2600/clubharodeportivohistor.png"]2018/19[/url] | [url="http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/2600/clubharodeportivohistor.png"]2012-2019[/url]  |[/b]

Club History

|---------|----------|----------|------------------|--------|------------|
| Season  | Division | Position |       Cups       | Europe |  Comments  |
| 2012/13 |   2DB3   |   [url="http://i.imgur.com/Tx9MA.png"]11th[/url]   |        NA        |   NA   |    None    |
| 2013/14 |   2DB3   |    [url="http://i.imgur.com/TFxAS.png"]3rd[/url]   | [url="http://i.imgur.com/QCt13.png"]Winners Fed Cup[/url]  |   NA   |    None    |
| 2014/15 |   2DB3   |    [url="http://i.imgur.com/fiZYN.png"]2nd[/url]   | [url="http://i.imgur.com/HmNye.png"]Winners Fed Cup[/url]  |   NA   |  Promoted  |
| 2015/16 |    LA    |   [url="http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/2448/ligaadelanteinformationk.png"]11th[/url]   |     SC 2nd Rd    |   NA   |    None    |
| 2016/17 |    LA    |    [url="http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8128/ligaadelanteinformation.png"]6th[/url]   |     SC 2nd Rd    |   NA   |  Promoted  |
| 2017/18 |   BBVA   |   [url="http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/3955/ligabbvainformationleagp.png"]18th[/url]   |     SC QFinal    |   NA   |  Relegated |
[b]| 2018/19 |    LA    |    [url="http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/8128/ligaadelanteinformation.png"]1st[/url]   |     SC 4th Rd    |   NA   |  Champions |[/b]

Haro's Trophy Cabinet

trophycabinet.png

The Future

In Brief

Odds: 5000-1

Predicted: 20th

My Aim: Avoid Relegation

Expectations: Attempt to Avoid Relegation

Transfer Budget: €3.7M

Wage Budget: €137k

Youth: Jose Luis (ST), Lluis Requena (ST), Nicolas Coca (MC)

Contract Extension: Until June 2024, I have deliberately not included my new signings for the season as I am going to follow this update with a transfers summary including all the movement in and out as there has been some huge things going on in trying to get myself down to a 25 man squad after I signed to fill my holes.

congratulation on the quick promotion back mate... Blanchet is an incredible player for such a small fee and what a record. time will tell if he can handle the step up...

I knew I had to go back up, that wasn't even in question. As for Blanchet, once he started to play I couldn't believe what I had managed to sign, hoping he can make the step up as I have made no new signings for my frontline.

Des Tiny's

Club Haro Deportivo

grTd8.jpg

Spanish Liga BBVA

Preseason 2019/20

Transfer Market Update

The Status Quo

Transfer Budget: €3.7M

Wage Total: €97.6k

Cap Space: €39.4k

July 1st Signings

Most of this group were signed to fill holes, or were brought in because they have potential, and I want to have a bunch of players in my squad who may be the next big thing, if they fail I can sell them for a small profit, if they make it I can use them to win the league.

Jan Willem van den Berg (DC) - A solid #3 at Centre Back, will be good cover. Free.

Pascal Aubert (DRC) - Was signed as starter, now back-up Right Back, looks solid. Free.

David Letko (DL) - First DL signing, looks poor drops to #4 in Depth Chart. Free.

Cedric de Costa (DLC) - Clear #1 Left Back, is looking excellent. Free.

Pedro Rutgers (MC) - The Future, joins the bench and looks solid. €1.4M

Pedro Jose Suarez (DC) - Another solid Back-up, will be good injury cover. Free.

Luca Lemma (DLC) - The future of Left Back, Hot Prospect. €2M

Edu (DL) - Solid back-up Left Back, comfortable in the role. Free.

George Dupont (DRC) - The future of Centre Backs, Good Youngster. €85k

As you can see I was working very hard to improve my defense, and concentrating on a few youth signings as well (I only spent money on youth as I am not throwing €6M+ on a starter when frees should do). Of course signing this many players means I need to offload some as well, a few players were already lined up to leave, but I decided to let more go as well, whether one frees, or for a small sum of money.

The July Outgoings

Frees: Lorenz Mettler (DM), Nikolay Tsekov (DRC), Dudu Tubi (ST), + 5 Youths

Gianluca Cassetti (GK) - Barely a back-up. €425k (Racing)

Gabriel Trigo (ST) - What the Hell? €4.7M (Barcelona)

Cetin Ozturk (MC) - Never Played. €575k (Jaen)

So I had a bit of money come into my hands, I was amazed that the board got nearly 5m for Trigo, and a total of close to 6m for those three players, so I thought there might be a few more gaps to fill, I needed a new back-up keeper (even with Maximov still around), and possibly some more depth elsewhere, or some more youth players to build that U19 side.

The Rest of the Signings

Lubomir Racek (GK) - A total Back-up with potential. €250k.

Rachid Lafont (DRC) - Starting Right Back, looks amazing. €65k

Stefan Hoffman (ST) - The Future, what a Hot Prospect. €130k

Mariano Sorrentino (DC) - Starting Centre Back, Amazing start. €825k

Jean-Pierre Janssens (MC) - More Future, another hot prospect. €130k

Rob Deschacht (MC) - Future Centre Mid, Bags of Potential. €160k

So I have managed to re-align my back four with Lafont, Sorrentino & da Costa joining Chiquinho as the starters, while adding some very solid back-ups in Edu, Aubert, Suarez & van den Berg. And with all the youth at the positions that means I have a lot of defenders who are now excess to requirements, so that would lead to my next lot of sales, currently I had spent €5M while bringing in €5.7M so only a slight profit, but I had my signings done, and now looking to sell anyone who wouldn't fit into the 25 man squad.

Cleaning out the Fringes

Riccardo Ranieri (DC) - Captain was no longer good enough. €1.8M (FC Utrecht)

Bjornar Lian (DRL) - Behind as Left & Right Back. €1.5M (Sporting)

Davide Savarese (MC) - Left behind by new stars. €2M (Sheriff)

Marc Hirsch (DRC) - Out of his depth in BBVA. €2.5M (Dinamo)

One Youth on a Free

So heading into the season we have managed to clear our three main defenders from last season for a completely new back line, we have made a fairly large profit on transfers so far, and only three of the players who left have ended up in the same division as us, only 1 seems likely to play for his team. Cassetti is on loan at Modena, Trigo is at Barca At. So that leaves Lian who started for Sporting in their only game so far.

As it stands

Transfer Budget: €9.2M

Wage Total: €106.5k

Cap Space: €30.5k

So as you can see with all the changes in personnel we only added about 10k to the wage budget, and we gained 5.5M in transfer budget, a pretty mean effort. We also ran a 7.5M profit in the finances through this period, which completely writes off the debt from last season, and sets us up to become quite a rich club, the movements also increased our value from 8.5M to 19.75M and from 32nd richest in Spain to 21st. I am delighted with how the preseason has gone, and went through the games scoring 39 goals and conceding just 3, this included a 1:0 victory over Wolfsburg and a 6:0 drubbing of Red Star Belgrade. So I am pretty happy with our form and hopefully it will continue in the league.

Congrats on the promotion...jesus christ, you have ONE Spaniard???

After my signings I have three, bringing in Edu & Suarez, but most of the Spaniards seem to be signed by the top squads, so I have been hunting Europe for other players, and between Italy & France I seem to fill most of my quota, a few south americans, and the odd Belgian make up the rest.

Edit: Also on the Spaniard front, I don't think I have had many even in the early days of this save. Never cared where a player is from, if he is good enough to play for me I will bring him in, still mainly EU players as I can only have 3 Non-EU (currently 2, in January it'll be Zero if Romero & Obina take Spanish Nationality).

I'm just saying that your fans probably want to see more Spaniards in the team! Come on you :D

If they are patient then my Argy & Brazilian boys will be Spanish :p

Also currently 5th in the BBVA (Having lost the last two to drop from 3rd...), was delighted to only lose 1:0 to At. Madrid though...

Algeciras 2011/12

Segunda Division B

The predictions put us 20th.

Transfers

- 15 players came in, among them fairly famous ones like Benjamin, ex-Betis, or Edwin Congo, colombian striker who signed for Real Madrid in 2001 (but did not play a single minute). Uruguayan Mathias Saavedra was without a doubt our best signing this season. We bought him from Alcala, where he had scored 14 goal 38. We signed him for 18,000E, and he was class for us. Real Madrid youngster Chus Hevia was also one of our best players this year. GK Luis Garcia, a veteran with experience in two BBVA teams, only arrived at the end of the season.

Table Graph

What to say. I think I am just bound to manage in Spain. This is the only country where I seem to do well. I guess since I'm a Spaniard, that makes a little bit of sense. Amazing season! we started decently, but we took off and started winning games like there was no tomorrow. The graph shows how we did better and better, and the season was over with us in first position, something that in a division with the likes of Las Palmas or Cadiz (historic BBVA teams), was amazing to see...even more after everyone told us we'd end up dead last. Amazing.

The first place gave us to chances of promotion to the Liga Adelante (Second division). The first rival was Eibar--if we won in the two legs against the basque team, we'd be promoted. The first leg (away) ended 3-1 in their favor, and for the first time in the entire season, we conceded three goals in one gsme.

- It didn't matter, though. We don 4-0 in the second leg home, and earned promotion to the Liga Adelante!!! The final against Villarreal B was more of a formality...but we won it two, in away goals. We beat them in Vila-real 2-4 after being down 2-0, and lost 0-2 home.

- The club has now Derek Zoolander as one of their favorite staff, and so do most players. Algeciras is, once again, being good to me.

Copa del Rey

- We did not play in it since we were just promoted to the Segunda B.

Stats

- The stats are in Spanish, but even you guys will be able to see how in "Goles", Saavedra did incredibly well. Congo was a great supplement to the young Uruguayan, and Brazilian Nei, who arrived in December from his country, also did well at 31 years of age.

- The special mention is not for Saavedra, though; neither for Roberto Jimenez, 33 year old CB with lots of experience in the Segunda B, who scored an amazing 12 goals from set pieces. The mention goes to Ivan Anian. Mighty, mighty Ania.

- Ania played 41 games this season, scoring seven goals and assisting 18 more...crazy. All this at 34 years of age, and with a very worn out physique. This guy was playing in the BBVA as a starter with Oviedo in the 90s...he has done so well for us, that he has earned a one year contract to help us out in the Liga Adelante.

Algeciras CF

2011/12 - Segunda Division B, IV Group - 1st79 points - PROMOTED! - No Copa del Rey

Finances

We lost 200k Euro this year, so we need better attendance in our stadium in the Liga Adelante. 15 of our players will stay in the first team, so we'll need to get some Liga Adelante experienced players in. We are so happy to be in the Spanish second division so soon...let's hope it doesn't end up hurting us in the long run.

Derek

That's a superb write-up LLR!

I'm about to complete my second season in 2 days, which is why my write-ups aren't so good. :p

I enjoy my updates, though the scale of that one is nothing compared to what I was doing after seasons in FM09...this one was a winner of the award for best update...LINK

Congrats Twellman! Seems like we've both had awesome seasons.

---------

Season: 2014/15

League: Italy - Serie C1/B

Media Prediction: 18th

Actual Finish: 2nd

Season Review:

After being so strong at the end of last season I knew we could mount a serious title challenge. We did exactly that and it turned out to be one of the most enjoyable seasons I've ever had on FM.

With many new signings to give us more squad depth we were able to perform strong all through the season. With our new signing Emanuelle Pellizarro leading the league scoring charts (despite only having a 6 for finishing!) until the last day with 27 goals in 31 games. He finished joint top in the end.

Empoli were far too strong however and we ended in 2nd, but were running away with second place. :p We were the Leagues top scorers and broke the league record with our tally (85, 95 including the play-offs). In the end the play-offs were easy and so we got promoted again!

I will be losing a few players at the end of the season though, 2 of them first team regulars, due to not being able to negotiate a contract with them and bigger teams getting them early.

Serie C Cup

Back to back winners! Remarkably we didn't play a single team from our division.

Italian Cup

Third Qualifying round loss. An improvement, but still not good. But all our games were against higher league opposition though.

Final League Standings

League Positions

2015/16       Serie C1/B           2nd               Promotion and Serie C Cup winners!

I'm having so much fun right now!

Some excellent seasons from everyone there :)

I don't normally like to spoil things too much, because it normally jinxes everything, but I've just reached the halfway point in the season and have conceded only 6 goals. De Luca is turning into a real beast.

Season: 2015/16

League: Italy - Serie B

Media Prediction: 22nd

Actual Finish: 7th

Season Review:

Again, after being so strong at the last season I hoped we could carry that momentum into the new division. We did and immediately looked like one of the stronger teams in the division. After a brilliant start it all went wrong and we started going into a terrible run, with just a few points gained from 10 games. We never quite got our momentum back and therefore finished someway off the promotion places. But obviously I am very happy with how we made the step up.

Our finances finally look good as well, the difference in money between Serie B and C is massive...

Pellizarro was on fire again and was Serie B top scorer with 32 League goals, 10 more than 2nd place. Although worryingly we didn't win a single game that he didn't play in.

Italian Cup

First Round Loss.

Final League Standings

League Positions

2015/16       Serie C1/B           2nd                Promotion and Serie C Cup winners!
 2016/17       Serie B              7th                    

Going to have to strengthen my defence in the off-season, pretty happy with the rest.

edit: woohoo new stadium has been planned!

Algeciras 2012/13

Segunda Division B

Ah, Spain...the perfect place for a Spaniard to actually try to do something in this game.

We were predicted 22nd (dead last) in our first year in the Liga Adelante in 55 years, and we knew it would be hard.

Transfers

- We bought a few players, I guess you could say that! Luis Garcia was finally able to play with us after signing in May, and he proved to be a starting GK for us. We bought lots of talent, and young, too. Alvaro Morata signed for a fee of 1,000 euro, a symbolic number for a player out from Real Madrid, but with a lot of work ahead of him to become even a decent player in the Spanish second division.

Other important players who arrived were Garibaldi for the midfield, French RB Leray, Argentinean RM Fabianesi, and the also experienced Zenoni and Munitis to make up a strong bench for us. Nano arrived for the centerback, but did not do as much as we expected. Same with Juanito.

The biggest signings were two: Diego Leon, a 18 year old striker coming from Murcia, ans from whom we paid an amazing amount even for us, but well worth the amount. He has lots of talent and looks like he could be playing for a top team in, say, five years. We snatched him from Betis (Liga BBVA) wanting to sign him, by offering him a key place in our starting eleven.

The other one was Mr. Rocco. A 19 year old Italian, this creative midfielder signed after being released from Inter Milan. Surprisingly, nobody wanted to sign this poor guy for over three months, until we saw him. He is now our starting midfielder, so much that we even sold the French CM which had that position...but he really wasn't ready for Second Division football.

Table Graph

Great first season in the Liga Adelante! At no point we suffered to get out of the relegation zone, and we even kept our 9-12 point distance with the danger zone for most of the year.Highlights of the year included wins at Recreativo, Rayo or Granada, an Andalusian rival.

Copa del Rey

- We lost home 0-2 to Numancia in our first Copa del Rey match since I'm here.

Stats

- Great seasons by Luis Garcia, Fabianesi assisting, and Francesco Rocco, who didn't even care about adapting to the country and killed it in his first season. Uruguayan striker Saavedra ripped the league appart, with 23 goals in 31 games, Leon completed a good first year, and Morata was our super sub, with 8 goals and 9 asissts.

- The team is growing, and even though we will have another overhaul of our squad next season (to adapt to higher ambitions), the young and talented block will stay. Things are looking great!

- In Spain, Real Madrid won its second consecutive Liga, and also took home his second, consecutive Champions League. The amazing feat of the season was Osasuna's. In the eyar where they gained promotion back to the BBVA, they managed to win the Copa del Rey after beating Barcelona in the semifinals (with a 1-5 leg in Barcelona), and doing the same against Malaga in the final (who kicked Madrid out).

Algeciras CF

2011/12 - Segunda Division B, IV Group - 1st 79 points - PROMOTED! - No Copa del Rey

2012/13 - Liga Adelante - 14st 55 points - Second round Copa del Rey

Finances

Looking good, stable.

Derek

Season: 2016/17

League: Italy - Serie B

Media Prediction: 22nd

Actual Finish: 8th

Season Review:

I expected a decent title challenge, it didn't happen. We were inconsistent all season, never looked good, but never looked bad. Need improvement for next season! Last 10 games were great, but again it was too late.

Finances are looking good and our new 20,000 stadium opens in the summer!

Moving quickly onto the new season.

Italian Cup

Fourth Qualifying Round loss.

Final League Standings

League Positions

2015/16       Serie C1/B           2nd                Promotion and Serie C Cup winners!
 2016/17       Serie B              7th                   
 2017/18       Serie B              8th 

Going to have to strengthen my defence again in the off-season

Congrats Anti, looks like the season you finished is the one I'm currently on now--after avoiding relegation in the first year at Level 2, now you're trying to challenge promotion spots. I can only hope my second year with Algeciras will go as well :)

Several top clubs are after my striker Diego Leon and my AM Francesco Rocco...let's hope Manchester United doesn't make an offer for the first one just yet, they've been scouting him for a while now :(

Archived