FM11 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Algeciras 2013/14

Segunda Division B

With the club growing, but media predictions still putting us at 21st, the idea this year was top consolidate a Top 10 finish.

Transfers

- We conducted a bit of a purge. We let go a few players with a decent reputation abroad, and brought in better players. Sunny arrived from Valencia--not the kind of committed, selfless player, but good for a year or two in the def mid position. Fuentes, ex-Villarrea, also arrived to strengthen the defense. We also spent good money in Giglio and Sarabia, two wingers, to be more incisive in the midfield.

Table Graph

An amazing season! We blew past predictions and actually were in promotion playoff positions for several weeks. We had a bit of a dip in form towards the end of the season, but we managed to get back in the 6th position with two games left.

Unfortunately, we couldn't win any of those two games, including a match home against an Alcorcon who would end up relegated (we tied 1-1 after murdering them with chances), and we lost the chance...only on team vs team match difference. Gutted. Was not expecting to get promoted, but it would have been nice to get some promotion playoff experience.

Copa del Rey

- We amazingly killed Getafe in his stadium 2-5, and also eliminated Mallorca home 1-0. Liga BBVA's Tenerife was too much for us though, as we tied one leg and lost the second one.

Stats

- Amazing season by Fuentes, who scored so many goals as a defender on set pieces. Giglio did well from the RM, but the two best of the year awards go to both Saavedra and Rocco.

- Saavedra scored, for his third consecutive season, 23 goals. Amazing this Uruguayan. Rocco was even better. This guy, on his first year here, KILLED it, with 12 goals and 32 assists. Just wow.

Algeciras CF

2011/12 - Segunda Division B, IV Group - 1st 79 points - PROMOTED! - No Copa del Rey

2012/13 - Liga Adelante - 14st 55 points - Second round Copa del Rey

2013/14 - Liga Adelante - 7th 69 points - 1/16 Copa del REy

Finances

We're losing money, and the board does not want to better training nor youth facilities until we have more of it....which takes me to a hard decission, but a necessary one. Two stars will be leaving next year: Diego Leon, and Francesco Rocco. Leon has a lot of potential but he is not doing much, and he has lots of teams chasing him. Rocco...the guy is just not the team player kind, and has asked several times to leave. I rather get a nice cut for these two now, than see them not renew their contracts.

With the money I will collect from these two (and maybe Sunny, another non-team kind of guy), I will ask the board to better facilities, and still have plenty to build a strong squad. I should be able to get at least a couple of million for each of these two players. They're going to be big...but they don't want to stay here and are screwing up the "vibe" of the team. I'll most likely ask for a percentage of next sale...just in case they make it to the big time.

Derek

can any Windows 7 users please tell me how they do print screens from FM into paint? it's not working for me thats all.....

Not sure at all, I have changed my screenshot shortcut button in FM to be just pushing of "P" because on my laptop Alt+F4 does other functions. Then go to the Screenshots folder and load it in paint...Other than that method I am unsure as my PrntScr button hasn't working for FM on W7 ever :(

The default hotkey for a screenshot is Alt+F9, but as LLR says it's not too hard to alter the keybinds. Once you take a screencap with the keybind, you can just right-click it in your screenshots folder and choose"edit" and it should open in the most appropriate image editing software you have.

Yeah Alt+F9 (F4? That is quit...whoops)

As for me I have to say I loved this little exchange following a victory over relegation contenders Getafe.

We defeated Getafe 4:1, they sacked Bento, and linked me to the job, I deny wanting that job...

Really why would I go to a team that my boys just did over?

Season: 2018/19

Club: Angri

League: Italy - Serie B

Media Prediction: 20th

Actual Finish: 1st

Season Review:

After missing out on the play-offs the past 2 seasons I knew we had the talent, just needed some strengthening and more consistency. I spent a long time bringing in players for the new season. We started well and although didn't quite have the consistency I wanted, never fell below 6th place all season. The top few teams were all very close and a couple of lucky results elsewhere could easily move us anywhere from 1st to 6th. The gaps widened as the season finished, but as usual we finished strongly.

Going into the last game of the season we were sitting in 3rd, but only 1 point behind the leaders. We won 2-0 and the other teams failed to win, sending us to 1st and champions! :D

Italian Cup

Fourth Qualifying Round loss.

Final League Standings

League Positions

Season            League            Position          Achievements                              
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 2011/12       Serie C2/C           16th            
 2012/13       Serie C2/C           10th           
 2013/14       Serie C2/C           3rd                Promotion  
 2014/15       Serie C1/B           8th                Serie C Cup winners!
 2015/16       Serie C1/B           2nd                Promotion and Serie C Cup winners!
 2016/17       Serie B              7th                   
 2017/18       Serie B              8th
 2018/19       Serie B              1st                  Champions! 

Now it's going to be harder.

Congrats Anti Spiral, having built for a few seasons in Serie B is probably to your advantage as the squad should be good enough to avoid relegation, question is whether they can go higher...

Well my Haro U19s have won the U19s cup defeating Barcelona in the final, so a fourth trophy into the cabinet...

AD_Universidad_de_Oviedo.png

Univ Oviedo

Spanish Liga Adelante

End of Season 2012/13

Doing the Impossible

The Season in Brief

Predicted: 20th

Actual: 1st http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/LIGAadelanteInformation_Stages.png

Spanish Cup: 2nd Round vs Zaragoza

Season Tickets: 1366

Finances: - 1milllion

Transfers: 2012/13 Transfers IN :950k Transfers Out: 850k

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/ADUniversidaddeOviedoTransfers_History.png

Squad

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/ADUniversidaddeOviedoUnivOviedo_Players-2.png

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/ADUniversidaddeOviedoUnivOviedo_Players-3.png

The League

We started really strong and i was really confident but after couple game's in i started too loose a few including the cup game which was really disappointing as i could of done with the money but really it was a blessing in disguise because if i stayed in the cup my team wouldn't of been able to cope with all the games as the season got close to the end on the last day of the season i had to win to win the league and the lads pulled it off but i dont know whether it was a good idea by getting them up so soon but time will tell and i cant wait for the next season.

Best Results: at Zaragoza 5:3, vs 3:1 Cordoba

Worst Results: at Zaragoza 5:2, vs Leganes 1:4

Fixtures http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/ADUniversidaddeOviedoUnivOviedo_Fixtures-4.png

Fixtures http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/ADUniversidaddeOviedoUnivOviedo_Fixtures-5.png

Fixtures http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/ADUniversidaddeOviedoUnivOviedo_Fixtures-6.png

Player Stats : http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/LIGAadelanteStats_PlayerStats.png

Team Stats : http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/LIGAadelanteStats_TeamStats.png

Spanish Cup

Worst cup run possible 5-2 defeat away at Zaragoza

Future Star

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/KarelKovarikProfile_Attributes.png

Task 1: Avoid Relegation - Task Complete

Task 2: Mid Table Finish - Pretty Much Complete

Task 3: Score More Goals than we Concede - In trouble of Failure

Task 4: Score Most Goals - Well 4th behind 2 Madrids & Barca

Task 5: Francesconi as BBVA Player of Year - Well its either him or Higuain

Great Season by Haro, more update to come later (Probably on the weekend, unless tomorrow becomes a snow day...)

Algeciras 2014/15

Segunda Division B

Transfers

- We signed several players. The most notable ones were Justo Villar, 37yo Paraguayan goalkeeper in his last few years as a player; Arnor Smarason, international for Iceland who arrive after three amazing seasons in Esbjerg; striker Paulo Henrique, from Brazil who scored 77 goals in 4 years in his home country, and a few more. Young international Steffan Thomas also arrived as a free agent, among others.

- The most important goodbye was to Mr Saavedra, who after three consecutive, 23 goal seasons, left to France after not scoring a single one in twelve matches. Aries paid 3.3M Euros, and they were well received by the board. Rockstar Ivan Ania retired, so did Pedro Munitis. Alvaro Morata left for BBVA's Osasuna, after asking for an outrageous contract.

Transfers

Table Graph

We started horribly, but just when I thought we couldn't even get to the playoffs, we bounced back and started to get points away fro, our stadium. However, we once again lost vital matches, and ended up repeating the 9th position from our first year in the Adelante league.

Copa del Rey

- Alcorcon beat us in the first round.

Stats

- Both goalkeepers did well, Rocco continued to give assists effortlessly, and Paulo Henrique made the fans forget all about Saavedra with club-record-setting numbers.

Algeciras 2015/16

Segunda Division B

Transfers

- Once again, we signed several prospects. Too free agents Cani, Iaquinta or Orti, we added young goalkeeper Majrashi, and a couple of promising player loans.

- This year, it happened. both Rocco and Leon left. The first one did after wanting to do so and asking for it several times, until Steaua paid 5.25M Euros for him. After getting the Italian on a free, it was nice to see all that money coming in.

- With Leon, it was different. Burnley made a poor, 2.4M Euro offer, and the board took it. I know for a fact I coul have gotten, at least, 5m for him. Gutted.

Transfers

What a season. We started poorly once again, but this time we recovered faster, and two thirds into the season, we were several points clear from playing promotion playoffs. We even challenged the second place, which would give us automatic promotion. After a few good games, it all went down to the final match: Algeciras vs Levante. 3rd vs 2nd. If we won, we were in the Liga BBVA.

For that particular game, we lost our starting goalkeeper, one of our starting central defenders, our left mid, and our creative midfielder, to under21 call-ups.

Then this happened.

- Absolutely disgusted with this match, we went into the promotion playoffs we now had to beat two teams to get promoted. 6th place Betis was our first rival--we went through on a 4-3 overall result, and waiting until the last minute not to concede the goal that would send us home.

- 5th place Celta was the rival in the final. Once again without our goalkeeper (I think that goes without saying that I will be looking for an European goalkeeper next year), we lost in Vigo 1-0, and home 0-2.

Table

Copa del Rey

- We played a Liga BBVA for the second time, losing to Deportivo by tying 3-3 home, and losing only 4-3 away. An exciting two games.

- I forgot to get the stats screen. Paulo Henrique has managed in two seasons to pass Saavedra as the maximum scorer of the club's history, with 76. 42 in this season, amazing. Now 21 year old right mid Steffan Thomas completed an incredible season, with 16 goals and 10 assists from the right. 18 year old creative mid Lluis Delgado, who we bought from Alzira for 50k a few years back and is now followed by the likes of Inter, also completed a great year from the center mid.

Algeciras CF

2011/12 - Segunda Division B, IV Group - 1st 79 points - PROMOTED! - No Copa del Rey

2013/14 - Liga Adelante - 9th 70 points - 1/16 Copa del Rey to Tenerife

2014/15 - Liga Adelante - 9th 65 points - 2nd Round Copa del Rey

2015/16 - Liga Adelante - 3rd 83 points - Lost in Promotion Playoff Final to Celta - 1/16 Copa del Rey to Deportivo

- Things are going well, but this year was completely frustrating in terms of what could have been. To lose that game to Levante that way and without four starting players...and to have lost to Celta with a very suspicious setup (basically, Celta scored, and the clock "flew by" the rest of the game, not even 2 clear chances for us in 180 minutes...oh well.

- We have around 8m in the bank, and this summer we'll have another sale. I am trying to keep the better talent and bring in the right mix of experience to attempt promotion again. The board has agreed to better training facilities, which is nice (after accepting once, waiting for a whole year, then canceling due to lack of funds). We'll try to better our youngsters facilities as well ASAP. However, we already have our first Algeciras born player in the first team--Ismael Rodriguez, a 16yo CD.

Anyway, moving on and forward.

Derek

100px-Oliveira_do_Bairro_SC.png

Keyser Söze (Biscotti) - Oliveira do Bairro Sport Clube - Portuguese Liga Sagres

Season 2025/26 - Season Summary

League: 2nd place (graph)

Supertaça: Losers

Taça de Portugal: 4th Round

Bwin Cup: Semi-Final

EURO Cup: 4th Qualifying Round

Transfers

This season started fairly poorly, with an embarrassing exit from the EURO Cup thanks to an extremely complacent performance away at B. Jerusalem. We redeemed ourselves somewhat at home, but it was far too little too late. It wasn't my intention to ignore the cups this year, but after our early exit from the Taça de Portugal as well I decided to really put all my effort into the league. The combination of an extremely good defensive record (only 14 conceded and 2 defeats in the league all season) and some good fortune meant that as we lined up at home against Benfica for round 25 we knew we could close the gap to just two points and really put the pressure on them. A dominating 3-1 win put us ready to strike if Benfica slipped, and they did so just 2 games later with a draw in a game they really should have won. Our response, however, was to lose at home to Maritimo, leaving us once again in danger of missing out on Champions League football instead of pushing for the title. We managed to hold on (just barely), but I wasn't at all happy with the end to the season.

The squad:

GK: Hugo De Luca - Had a fantastic season which saw him named as 'keeper of the year

DC: William Addo - Has been with us for a couple of years now, but this season he really started to mature into a good looking player. With Manz having transferred away and Mussunga taking a much more midfield role, Addo proved himself to be an extremely good youngster. Already capped 24 times at age 20 (including playing at the World Cup)

DC: Luis Garcia - After being sidelined most of last season in favour of Manz, he leapt at the chance to play once more and even went so far as to earn the Liga Sagres Centre-Back of the year award.

DC: Caca - Quite an expensive youngster by my standards, but definitely showed himself to be a quality player, pushing Silva down to the bench.

WBR: Mustapha Guenoun - While Haslam started the season as first choice, injuries added to grwat performances meant Guenoun was the man I was picking to play on the right flank by the end of the year.

WBL: Da Silva - Joined us in the new year and very quickly proved himself to be worth the £1.5m price tag. Not to be confused with Da Silva :p

DMC: Agostinho Mussunga - Moving into his favoured defensive midfield role Mussunga really shined this year, named as runner-up for centre-back of the year.

MC: Damir Tomic - With another injury-hit season for Alves, Tomic really made the playmaker position his own.

MC: Da Silva - Like Da Silva, he also cost me £1.5m and was extremely solid in the ball-winning role.

ST: Léo - Not as prolific as last season as defenders started to learn how to control him, but still a very tidy return from the 22 year-old.

ST: Lionel Aguerre - Leading from the front once more, Aguerre only seems to be getting better with age.

I'm very happy to finally get myself a chance at the Champions League and the additional reputation and cash that comes from it, but realistically I'm only hoping to get into the groups and then at least make the EURO Cup beyond that. As for the league, I'm going to be very annoyed if we're not challenging for the title again - it's so close I can taste it now.

Keyser Söze - Oliveira do Bairro Sporte Clube - History

League			Position	Europe		Taça de Portugal	Bwin Cup	Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2nd Division - North	2nd		N/A		2nd Round		N/A
2nd Division - North	1st		N/A		4th Round		N/A		Promoted!!
Liga Orangina		9th		N/A		4th Round		2nd Round	
Liga Orangina		11th		N/A		6th Round		1st Round
Liga Orangina		13th		N/A		3rd Round		2nd Round
Liga Orangina		1st		N/A		Semi-Final		3rd Round	Promoted!!
Liga Sagres		14th		N/A		3rd Round		2nd Round	
Liga Sagres		7th		N/A		Winners!		Final		Won Taça de Portugal, Runner-up in Bwin Cup
Liga Sagres		8th		N/A		Semi-Final		Semi-Final
Liga Sagres		5th		N/A		6th Round		Final		EURO Cup Qualification
Liga Sagres		5th		EC Groups	Winners!		Final		Won TdP, EURO Cup Qualification
Liga Sagres		3rd		EC 1st KO	6th Round		3rd Round	EURO Cup Qualification
Liga Sagres		4th		EC 1st KO	Winners!		Final		Won TdP, EURO Cup Qualification
Liga Sagres		3rd		EC 1st KO	Winners!		Winners!	Won Cup Double, EURO Cup Qualification
Liga Sagres		2nd		EC 4th Qual	4th Round		Semi-Final	Qualified for Champions League

Twellman - good to see you are making progress in Spain and have found your place. unlucky missing out on Liga BBVA. i am sure it won't be long before you are there...

Biscotti - congrats on making it to the CL!! hopefully it will help boost your rep as you say and also will give you some nice money for the bank.

Algeciras 2015/16

Liga Adelante

Transfers

- Signed a few players, the most important one being a huge bet on a young Brazilian CD, Mauricio, who ripped it. English striker Bolton also arrived, this one on a free, and Joseba Romero left Barcelona Atletico to sign with us under the promise of a key role.

- The biggest sell was our stupid African goalkeeper, who spent the last two months of competition last season with his U-21 national team, and hurt us lots. Goodbye to him.

Transfers

- We are now notable for starting seasons horribly, and then, grinding point by point, going up the table. It was no different this time, but with the difference that we hovered on the middle of the table for longer than we liked.

- However, in the second half of the year, we started winning games, and handsomely--we won 4 games for 4 goals or more in the second half--, and started challenging the top spots. Even though we still managed to make things more interesting than we'd like with results like a 1-1 tie against dead-last and already relegated Murcia, we got to the last game on second position, and with a win over Girona home, we'd be promoted to the BBVA.

- We managed a 2-0 result, with lots of nerves, but we did it! We are promoted, we are now a Liga BBVA team, and I feel like I finally get what I deserve. That being said, the five years in the Second division were very good to get us ready for top flight football.

Table Graph

Copa del Rey

- We hammered Betis 5-0 in the second round, but fell to Hercules with a 5-2 average in the next one.

Stats League leaders

- Amazing seasons by Romero, Thomas and Henrique, that's all I gotta say. Habraken did so well as a loaned GK that we bought him for his 2.3m Euro clause.

Algeciras CF

2015/16 - Liga Adelante - 3rd 83 points - Lost in Promotion Playoff Final to Celta - 1/16 Copa del Rey to Deportivo

2016/17 - Liga Adelante - 2nd 84 points - PROMOTED! - 1/16 Copa del Rey to Hercules

- We're in!!! We're in the top flight. Now, we need to first enjoy the experience, and second, try to do our best to not come back to the Adelante. We are going to do our best to sign playmaker Francesco Rocco, who left to Steaua after one season and 32 assists. Diego Leon is not too expensive for us, but I think we'll be able to sign the right people to strengthen the right positions.

With around 9m Euro in the bank, the priority is also better the training and youngsters facilities. Even after the first upgrade, which will be finished at the end of this fiscal year, both facilities will be "normal". We have a lot to do, but not yet enough money for it--everything will be dependant on what we do in our first year in La Liga de Las Estrellas.

Mostly, I am just happy to be here!

Derek

Season: 2019/20

Club: Angri

League: Italy - Serie A

Media Prediction: 20th

Actual Finish: 17th

Season Review:

I wasn't really sure how our first seaon in Serie A would be, but I knew it would be hard. The first half of the season was pretty awful. Twice losing 4 games in a row without ever playing terribly. The performances weren't bad, but we were leaking goals. Apart from a 1-0 win at home against Inter we had lost all games against teams in the top half. This put us well and truely in the relegation dog fight.

With a change of formation in the January break, bringing in an extra midfielder we started playing much better. Pellizzaro started scoring again and after we squeezed a 1-0 win out of AC Milan results started going our way. We were still losing enough to keep us down the bottom, but I never felt like we were going to be relegated. Pellizzaro was Serie A top scorer, meaning he had now been top scorer in all the Leagues and was now on 145 goals in 175 games for the club.

ufUWr.png

:cool:

The players I already had at the club seemed to be better performers than those I brought in, but the 2 from the January transfer window fitted in nicely. I'm confident we can get a better position next season. We had home wins against Inter, Roma, AC Milan, Parma, Lazio and Juventus, which proves we have quality to finish higher up, we just need to work on consistency.

Italian Cup

Fourth Qualifying Round loss. We were the only Serie A team to draw another Serie A team, which didn't help us.

Final League Standings

League Positions

Season            League            Position          Achievements                              
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 2011/12       Serie C2/C           16th            
 2012/13       Serie C2/C           10th           
 2013/14       Serie C2/C           3rd                Promotion  
 2014/15       Serie C1/B           8th                Serie C Cup winners!
 2015/16       Serie C1/B           2nd                Promotion and Serie C Cup winners!
 2016/17       Serie B              7th                   
 2017/18       Serie B              8th
 2018/19       Serie B              1st                 Champions! 
 2019/20       Serie A              17th

I'll probably do less frequent updates now. Unless something awesome happens.

Des Tiny's

Club Haro Deportivo

grTd8.jpg

Spanish Liga BBVA

End of Season 2019/20

The Supercoaster

The Season in Brief

Actual: 14th (Graph)

Spanish Cup: QuarterFinal vs Villareal - 1st Leg - 2nd Leg

Manager: Des Tiny - History

Season Tickets: 7656 (^2065 [Avg Att: 9396])

Finances: €24M (18th Esp [^14])

Transfers: 2019/20 - 24 In (€9.75M) 17 Out (€19M)

Squad: First Squad & Under 19s

The League

Well we had a bit of an amazing start to the season, and somehow found ourselves rocking a comfortable top half position through the first ten games of the season, it was never going to last at this point. The next ten games saw us plummet back down the table and we were in 17th, just above the relegation spots by that point of time. It then took a bit of a turn around for the rest of the season, but the boys fought very well to work our way back up the table. A victory over At. Madrid was a dream come true as we fought back to 14th by the end of the season. A brilliant effort. Francesconi was in the running for Player of the Year.

Liga BBVA Golden Boot: Francesconi 2nd (28G)

European Golden Boot: Francesconi 3rd (56pts)

Spanish Top Goalscorer: Pedro 3rd (13G)

Liga BBVA Manager of Year: Des Tiny

Liga BBVA Team of Year: S7-Francesconi

Most Improved Team: Haro 1st

Best Results: vs At. Madrid 3:2, at Sporting 5:0, at Vallodid 5:3

Worst Results: vs Real Madrid 1:6, at Real Madrid 0:6, at Racing 0:4

Fixtures 1-19

Fixtures 20-38

Player Stats

Team Stats

My Under 19s

A Great season from the young guns as they romped their league, and won the U19s Cup beating Barcelona 4:2 as well, but in Group 2 they managed to end the season with 15 straight wins beating every single other team in that run. Having bought in a bunch of youngsters over the last few seasons I expected some good performances from them, but nothing like this, hopefully it pays off for my first team now. Either I can make big profits from those players or they can have a crack at a Liga BBVA title in the years to come.

Spanish Cup

Well we had a good run in the cup again as we took it to the Quarter-finals and lost late in the second leg, it may have been disappointing, but I thought my boys did pretty well. I would like to give the youth a run this season, but at the same time I can't afford to drop out of the competition to a weaker side. There may just be a lot more rotation to give some of the players a go.

Fixtures

Team Stats

Player Stats

The Players

Squad Stats

Keepers

Daniel Di Dio (GK) - Triple D is the best goalie we have, he improves every season, ok so he has conceded a fairly large number of goals, but that is still only at a rate of about 1.4 GAA (Goals Against Average for non-hockey followers), which anything under 1.5 is fine by me as my teams average 2-3 GPG scored. He is still getting better and has many years left as the starter.

Lubomir Racek (GK)

Defenders

Chiquinho (DC) - Playing in 41 games throughout the season, I really think he is becoming the strength of our backline and he is still very young. If the improvements can continue then he will be a superstar for us over the next few years. 4G 0A.

Cedric da Costa (DLC) - A solid season from the left fullback, he came in as the answer to the defensive misses on the left, but really he seems to just be a stop gap as we are now again hunting someone better as the rest of the line has been built up, but he is behind the 8 ball. 0G 6A.

Mariano Sorrentino (DLC) - He played some time on the left, but a lot in the middle during the season, he seemed to be dropping off a little in his performances nearer the end of the season so I decided to make a bit of profit on him and he is gone for the new season. 1G 1A.

Rachid Lafont (DRC) - Ended up as a surprise package, I knew he would be good when I signed him, but I never expected such a solid performance in his first season in the team. His average rating may not show it, but his performance in holding the team together down that side made a huge difference to me. 0G 5A.

Jan Willem van den Berg (DC) - Spent most of the season as cover for the seniors, but he was slowly developing into a star by the end of the season and I think he will be a starter in 2020. 1G 0A.

Pascal Aubert (DRC)

Jan Berends (DRL)

Pedro Jose Suarez (DC)

Midfielders

Cristian Romero (DM) - He started well, but he has seemingly fallen down the rankings over the season, he did spend a long time injured, he then also was replaced by Turk as the number one DM, and we also had a few games with three MCs instead. 0G 0A.

Alessandro Barbieri (MC) - The Barber managed another solid season as the Italian midfield worked brilliantly for Haro, he managed a great effort with the assistance he was providing for the forwards. 6G 11A.

Guiseppe Cerrone (MC) - The second half of the Italian midfield, much more solid as a player than the Barber, but he doesn't provide as many assists or goals as his partner. A perfect combo really. 2G 8A.

Samir Turk (DM/MC) - He grew into the role due to injury, but by the end of the season he had cemented his role, though going into the new year this will only be a back-up slot once more as we have a new signing for his spot. 0G 3A.

Pedro Rutgers (MC)

Jereon Bijl (MC)

Strikers

Marco Francesconi (ST) - Our Captain and Club legend, Francesconi is a superstar, and somehow it continues just when it is least expected, he ended the season as runner-up to Higuain in the Golden Boot for the Liga BBVA, and third in the European League goalscorers too. An amazing season for him and he looks to continue it as he has become the most capped Haro player, leading the goals and assists charts. I think he can do anything he puts his mind to. 31G 13A.

Aleksander Georgiev (ST) - Well he played another season as a starter for my club, he performed pretty well even though the AssMan thinks he is out of his depth, he is not a big scorer, but he provides a great threat and helps out the others. 12G 6A.

Pedro (ST) - The Spaniard has scored a large number of goals as a surprise package, he always starts the season on the bench, but he gets a few more goals then whoever he is backing up. I am interested to see what he does in the new season, but I am getting a rather large squad now and there may not be room. 14G 4A.

Franck Blanchet (ST) - WOW once again, but for how little he did this season and then how much I managed to sell him for. 0G 1A.

Abraham (ST)

The Youth Stars

Jan Suchanek (GK)

Svatopluk Kmoch (GK)

Jeppe Nielsen (DRC)

Billel Mana (DC)

Jean-Pierre Janssens (MC)

Rob Deschact (MC)

Martin Callesan (ST)

Stefan Aerts (ST)

Stefan Hoffman (ST)

The History

Leading Players

|------------|-------------------|--------|--------|
| Category   |    Top Player     | Career | Season |
| Games      | Marco Francesconi |  264   |   43   |
| Goals      | Marco Francesconi |  127   |   31   |  
| Assists    | Marco Francesconi |   58   |   13   |
| Avg Rat    | Franck Blanchet   |  7.56  |  6.53  |
| MoMs       | Marco Francesconi |   37   |    9   |
| Clean Shts | Alberto Gentile*  |   43   |    0   |

The 100 Club

|----------------------|--------|------|-------|-------|------|-----|-----|--------|
| The 100 Club         | Starts | Subs | Goals | Assts | Conc | Cln | MoM | Av Rat |
|----------------------|--------|------|-------|-------|------|-----|-----|--------|
| Francesconi, Marco   |   242  |  22  |  127  |   58  |   0  |   0 |  37 |  7.17  |
| Ranieri, Riccardo*   |   252  |   1  |    7  |    6  |   0  |   0 |  13 |  7.03  |
| Loffredo, Christian* |   176  |  12  |   13  |   37  |   0  |   0 |   2 |  6.94  |
| Almedia, Fabio*      |   164  |  13  |   67  |   47  |   0  |   0 |  21 |  7.11  |
| Savarese, Davide*    |   151  |  24  |   38  |   40  |   0  |   0 |   8 |  7.10  |
| Pedro                |   128  |  33  |   57  |   21  |   0  |   0 |  14 |  7.00  |
| Campana, Giuseppe*   |   144  |   6  |   74  |   30  |   0  |   0 |  13 |  7.19  |
| Georgiev, Aleksander |   143  |   3  |   42  |   28  |   0  |   0 |  10 |  6.96  |
| Gentile, Alberto*    |   143  |   0  |    0  |    0  | 187  |  43 |   1 |  6.84  |
| Diallo, Bradley*     |   132  |  10  |   16  |   32  |   0  |   0 |  14 |  7.10  |
| Hirsch, Marc*        |   125  |  11  |    1  |    7  |   0  |   0 |   7 |  6.96  |
| Volodin, Igor*       |    96  |  33  |   10  |   15  |   0  |   0 |   0 |  6.91  |
| Joao Carlos*         |   119  |   4  |   11  |   49  |   0  |   0 |   9 |  7.11  |
| Daniel Di Dio        |   116  |   0  |    0  |    0  | 168  |  34 |   1 |  6.81  |
| Spendlhofer, Lukas*  |    74  |  38  |    1  |    4  |   0  |   0 |   1 |  6.81  |
| Fran Garcia*         |    90  |  16  |   12  |   19  |   0  |   0 |   4 |  7.01  |
| Chiquinho            |    96  |   4  |    6  |    1  |   0  |   0 |   3 |  6.92  |
| Pfeiffer, Jean-Marc* |    69  |  31  |   16  |   20  |   0  |   0 |   7 |  7.08  |

The Club Awards

|---------|----------|-------------------|---------|------------|
| Season  | Division |     Fans PotY     | Best XI | Overall XI |
| 2012/13 |   2DB3   | [url="http://i.imgur.com/nle2L.png"]Bradley Diallo[/url]    | [url="http://i.imgur.com/SA3xR.jpg"]2012/13[/url] | [url="http://i.imgur.com/SA3xR.jpg"]2012-2013[/url]  |
| 2013/14 |   2DB3   | [url="http://i.imgur.com/cknxR.png"]Fabio Almeida[/url]     | [url="http://i.imgur.com/65ewt.jpg"]2013/14[/url] | [url="http://i.imgur.com/Zj3Cy.jpg"]2012-2014[/url]  |
| 2014/15 |   2DB3   | [url="http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/8513/destinynewsinbox3.png"]Guiseppe Campana[/url]  | [url="http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/2600/clubharodeportivohistor.png"]2014/15[/url] | [url="http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/2600/clubharodeportivohistor.png"]2012-2015[/url]  |
| 2015/16 |    LA    | [url="http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/2711/destinynewsinbox.png"]Marco Francesconi[/url] | [url="http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/2600/clubharodeportivohistor.png"]2015/16[/url] | [url="http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/2600/clubharodeportivohistor.png"]2012-2016[/url]  |
| 2016/17 |    LA    | [url="http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/2711/destinynewsinbox.png"]Marco Francesconi[/url] | [url="http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/2600/clubharodeportivohistor.png"]2016/17[/url] | [url="http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/6757/clubharodeportivohistord.png"]2012-2017[/url]  |
| 2017/18 |   BBVA   | [url="http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/7025/destinynewsinbox2.png"]Marco Francesconi[/url] | [url="http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/2600/clubharodeportivohistor.png"]2017/18[/url] | [url="http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/2600/clubharodeportivohistor.png"]2012-2018[/url]  |
| 2018/19 |    LA    | [url="http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/2711/destinynewsinbox.png"]Franck Blanchet[/url]   | [url="http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/2600/clubharodeportivohistor.png"]2018/19[/url] | [url="http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/2600/clubharodeportivohistor.png"]2012-2019[/url]  |[b]
| 2019/20 |   BBVA   | [url="http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/7301/destinynewsinbox13.png"]Marco Francesconi[/url] | [url="http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2600/clubharodeportivohistor.png"]2019/20[/url] | [url="http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/2600/clubharodeportivohistor.png"]2012-2020[/url]  |[/b]

Club History

|---------|----------|----------|------------------|--------|------------|
| Season  | Division | Position |       Cups       | Europe |  Comments  |
| 2012/13 |   2DB3   |   [url="http://i.imgur.com/Tx9MA.png"]11th[/url]   |        NA        |   NA   |    None    |
| 2013/14 |   2DB3   |    [url="http://i.imgur.com/TFxAS.png"]3rd[/url]   | [url="http://i.imgur.com/QCt13.png"]Winners Fed Cup[/url]  |   NA   |    None    |
| 2014/15 |   2DB3   |    [url="http://i.imgur.com/fiZYN.png"]2nd[/url]   | [url="http://i.imgur.com/HmNye.png"]Winners Fed Cup[/url]  |   NA   |  Promoted  |
| 2015/16 |    LA    |   [url="http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/2448/ligaadelanteinformationk.png"]11th[/url]   |     SC 2nd Rd    |   NA   |    None    |
| 2016/17 |    LA    |    [url="http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8128/ligaadelanteinformation.png"]6th[/url]   |     SC 2nd Rd    |   NA   |  Promoted  |
| 2017/18 |   BBVA   |   [url="http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/3955/ligabbvainformationleagp.png"]18th[/url]   |     SC QFinal    |   NA   |  Relegated |
| 2018/19 |    LA    |    [url="http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/8128/ligaadelanteinformation.png"]1st[/url]   |     SC 4th Rd    |   NA   |  Champions |[b]
| 2019/20 |   BBVA   |   [url="http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/3354/ligabbvainformationleag.png"]14th[/url]   |     SC QFinal    |   NA   |    None    |[/b]

Haro's Trophy Cabinet

trophycabinet.png

Also: 2020 U19s Cup & Group 2

The Future

In Brief

Odds: 2000-1

My Aim: Top Half

Expectations: Avoid Relegation

Transfer Budget: €8M

Wage Budget: €185k

Youth: David (DC)

Signings: Alvaro Lopez (AM/MC ST, 1.9M), Eduardo Suazo (DM/MC, Free), Frederic Gicquel (DC, Free), Gokay Sahan (DR, 700k), Jack Zandbergen (DL, 650k), Necmettin Guler (ST, 3M), Raphael Zuppinger (DRC, Free), Sandor Orban (MC, 475k), Marcin Koziol (MC, 875k)

Stadium Expansion: 4000 more seats, Training & Youth Upgrade too. Oh and Barcelona want to sell Trigo after just one season...terrible. They gave us 4.7M for him, we gave them 170k for Abraham, I am willing to bet on Abraham being the bigger star over next few seasons.

Big Sales: Franck Blanchet (3.5M), Mariano Sorrentino (3.8M), Igor Volodin (4M), Alexey Maximov (1.5M), Johan Neven (1.1M), Pascal Aubert (1M) - So Far: In 7.5M Out 11.25M

Des Tiny's Trigo vs Abraham Update

Trigo (Signed by Barca for 4.7M) - He spent the season playing for Barcelona At. in the Liga Adelante

Abraham (Signed by Haro for 170k) - He spent the season playing for Haro as a Sub in the Liga BBVA

|---------------|------|-------|-------|-----|---------|----------------|
| Player        | Apps | Goals | Assts | MoM | Avg Rat | Euros per Goal |
| Abraham       |  12  |   3   |   3   |  1  |   6.90  |     56,667     |
| Gabriel Trigo |  39  |  11   |   5   |  3  |   6.80  |    427,273     |

So Trigo may have scored more goals in the season, but they cost almost ten times as much, and they were for Barca's "B" Team, so that is a hugely disappointing season for them. They have tried to sell him to us, but we aren't interested, his value has dropped to 3.3M and Barcelona At. now play in the 2nd Div B after relegation. Abraham on the other hand has gone up in value to 0.55M and continues to look good as he moves into our starting line-up.

And Haro look to have a takeover in process...interested to see where this could go as we have had the same Chairman since day one, hoping it is a good outcome, not a bad one. No way I am spending bucketloads right now anyway, I am trying to build up a balance as fast as I can because we clearly need a new stadium as 10000, or 14000 after the expansion is just not big enough.

Algeciras 2016/17

Liga BBVA

Transfers

- The summer was marked by the return of Francesco Rocco, that Italian midfielder who gave 32 assists on his first season, signed on a free, an left for Steaua for 5.25m in the next summer. We bought him for exactly the same price. We also tried to get Diego Leon back, but his French club asked for too much money. David Villa arrived on a free from Barcelona, but he played only one game. He has the physique of a 42 year old, even though he's 35.

- La Liga de las Estrellas! We come into a league with Barcelona as the clear giant of this era. The Catalanes have won four of the past six titles, with the other two going to Atletico de Madrid (an European powerhouse atm) and Sevilla. Real Madrid hasn't won a title in six years. Other bigger teams a few years ago are now struggling, like Villarreal (hasn't played Europe in six years), and Athletic (12th in the past two seasons).

- We started the season with a great 1-2 win over Racing in Santander, and that gave us a bit of footing to think we'd be able to survive in this league. Even though we fell spectacularly in some matches (6-1 to Atletico, 5-2 to Sevilla, 10-0 to Madrid!), we also managed a few great results, like this 1-3 result at home to Valencia, or hitting back after the 10-0 to beat Real Madrid 3-1 (the cheeky bastards got a red card to make the game look like it was tilted one way, when in reality we scored all of our goals before it).

- We also won in my hometown team, 0-1 in Vila-real. Some of my results against the big guys brought a couple of offers to my table, the main one being this one from a Valencia struggling to make it to Europe.

We got to the halfway point in a very exciting 10th position, way ahead of relegation spots. In January, we sold Paulo Henrique (now a legend and highest scorer for the club) back home. The striker was nearing 29 and, even though he was doing OK, we felt as he just wasn't good enough for the BBVA. With Paulo's money came Benjamin Holz, a german striker who had scored 9 goals in 13 games for Kaiserlautern in the first half of the year. Veteran German goalkeeper Michael Rensing also came in to help in the back.

In the first seven games, he had seven goals, the same as Paulo in the entire first half of the season. Even though he only played half a season in Spain, he still finished in the top 10 of the league's scorers, with 16 goals in 23 games. Though a bit irregular at times, Holz proved to be a good signing. We also bought DM van Harskamp from Middlesbrough, but the guy had a 3 month injury upon arrival and didn't play much.

In the beginning of February, we went on 11 games without a win, and the relegation teams, even though still behind, closed the gap to 10 points. We did bounce back with that 3-1 win to Real Madrid, and from then on, it was all wins--five consecutive ones, to be exact. Those 15 points out of the last 15 gave us a push up in the table, and saw us finish an amazing 8th for the season, Algeciras' best position ever.

- To a degree, I feel like we didn't deserve such a high position in the league, and I'm sure this will also mean more expectations next season. Still, delighted.

Table Graph

Copa del Rey

- We didn't really have our heart in it, as we loss both games to Espanyol in the 2nd round.

Stats

- Rensing and Holz came in January and did a superb job, in my opinion. Joseba Romero continued to assist like he was still in the second division, and Rocco once again was the player he was before leaving to Steaua.

Algeciras CF

2016/17 - Liga Adelante - 2nd 84 points - PROMOTED! - 1/16 Copa del Rey to Hercules

2017/18 - Liga BBVA - 8th 54 points - 1/16 Copa del Rey to Espanyol - Manager of the year!

- Great season. We managed to never looked back to the relegation spots, and with a great final stretch, finished 8th. The club is looking good, too. The board will improve both youngsters and training facilities again, and will expand a 9,000 stadium which gets full 90% of the times, to have around capacity for around 10,500. It's something.

- I was named Manager of the Year due to my amazing season, and the team as the one with the best progression. Next year, we will be, once again, the youngest squad in the league, but we fear nobody.

- Well, maybe just one person: our chairman. He sold our top scorer and just arrived striker, Holz, to Roma for around 22m. We just bought him and he was doing so well...now we're going to have to look for yet another replacement. I'm not happy about this.

- In terms of the economy, we have around 15m in the bank, but seeing as both a couple of signings and a couple of sold players are being processed by monthly payments, we will have a more realistic picture of how things are looking in a couple of years. At least, this money is helping us better our facilities and expand our stadium.

- Life is good in Algeciras.

Derek

Cordoba finished next-to-last! It only makes sense that our team, predicted 20th but finishing 8th, got the awards (and manager of the year as well) this season.

I just signed an Argentinean striker from River for 13m (Holz left 22m on his way to Roma thanks to the president), here's hoping he adapts soon!

Just realized that the "stadium expansion" was not to expand the stadium...but to get the 1,600 people who didn't have a seat a brand new one. Capacity is still 9,000, but now all area seated...OK then.

I've applied to another expansion and they've granted me one. We'll see what the next one is. Maybe PPV tv for all seated fans :D

Just realized that the "stadium expansion" was not to expand the stadium...but to get the 1,600 people who didn't have a seat a brand new one. Capacity is still 9,000, but now all area seated...OK then.

I've applied to another expansion and they've granted me one. We'll see what the next one is. Maybe PPV tv for all seated fans :D

lucky you i am in Liga BBVA and only have 7000 seater stadium and no Youth academy arghhh!!

Well that might be a capacity change thing anyway. Isn't it fully seated stadiums only in the top divisions? Or is that only in Europe. So the standing area may have been unused.

Not really, the work has already been done. The capacity went from 9,000 (7,600 seated) to 9,000 (all seated).

I asked for a stadium upgrade and they granted it, but the stadium was built in 1999. Does this mean that I could get a new stadium in 2019? I have around 25m in the bank...do you guys think it's possible?

T24

Not really, the work has already been done. The capacity went from 9,000 (7,600 seated) to 9,000 (all seated).

I asked for a stadium upgrade and they granted it, but the stadium was built in 1999. Does this mean that I could get a new stadium in 2019? I have around 25m in the bank...do you guys think it's possible?

T24

Just ask the board thats all i do and fond the best possible answer because one answer will be the right one :D

Archived