FM 2008: Newcastle United

sirj09

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What formation do you play?

I am trying 4-1-3-2 with counter attacking when away. Am mid table - seem to always concede as Given is terrible so it just depends on how many I can score. Favourite scoreline is 2-2 away, 2-1 at home.

Martins always misses from long range despite me telling him to rarely attempt long range shots. Owen and Smith seem a better pair.

Originally posted by AndersSchm:

What formation do you play?

I use 4-4-2 Diamond Attacking generally, with tweaked sliders to my preference.

I use 5-2-3 Wide Arrow when playing against the big teams in the EURO Cup and European Champions Cup and mix it about a bit depending on how I'm doing in the game. Generally start off attacking till I get a couple of goals then go Ultra Defensive. I won in the EURO Cup semi final against A.C Milan using technique.

Originally posted by AndersSchm:

Also with my fans telling me to get rid of Given - who would you get in?

Strange. Given was brilliant for me in my first season. His value almost reached £15M he just kept improving. I have Igor Akinfeev now though because Given's getting on abit.

Hi, New Here. Still waiting for my game to arrive (ordered off Amazon), but playing Newcastle in demo and planning on carrying on save. Told the board my aim was to qualify for Europe and was given a Transfer budget of around 8.5 mil though in late November got given another 16 mil to spend. Now just approaching the January Transfer window and I'm first with Arsenal 4 points behind (Table). My current squad is:

GK: Shay Given

GK: Steve Harper

DRC, DM: Abdoulaye Faye

DR, MRC: Geremi

DC: Cacapa

DC: David Edgar

DC: David Rozenhal

DC: Steven Taylor

D/WBR: Habib Beye

D/WBL: Jose Enrique

D/WB/AMR: Bret Emerton

WB/AML: Charbles N'Zogbia

DM: Nicky Butt

DM: Mathieu Flamini

DM, AMC: Joey Barton

AMRL: James Milner

AMRC, ST: Alan Smith

AMLC: Patrik Berger

AML: Damien Duff

MLC: Belosoglu Emre

AMLC: Harry Kewell

AMLC: Matty Pattison

ST: Obafemi Martins

ST: Michael Own

ST: Mark Viduka

ST: Shola Ameobi

Reserves

GK: Mark Cook

GK: Fraser Forster

GK: Tim Krul

DR: Stephen Carr

DRC: Peter Ramage

D/WBL: Celestine Babayaro

DM: Anthony Grant

DM: Thiago Motta

ST: Andy Carroll

Signings (including causes):

Harry Kewell- 2.9M from Liverpool

Bret Emerton- 5.5M from Blackburn

Anthony Grant- 120k from Chelsea

Thiago Motta- Loan From At.Madrid

Mathieu Flamini- Loan from Arsenal

Patrik Berger- Free

Usual Formation:

Given

Beye/Emerton-Taylor-Faye-Enrique

Emerton/Milner-Geremi/Barton-Emre/Flamini-Kewell/N'Zogbia

Smith/Viduka-Martins/Owen

Random Stats:

Top Goalscorer- Martins(13)

Most Assists- Geremi (8)

Yellow Cards- Geremi (7)

Tips:

-Harry Kewell is a good buy, Liverpool nearly allways sell him cheap at start

-Alan Smith is actually a pretty good foward and works well in tandem with Martins

-Shay Given is fantastic and lets very few goals in, dont sell!

Yeah I was interested in Kewell before, didn't end up getting him though.

I've got a question anyway fellow Newcastle fans! I'm sure Shearer did break Milburn's goal record didn't he?

I was looking throguh the Newcastle history and it still says Milburn top goal scorer with 177 goals. Am I wrong?

well think im playin the way keegan used to. scoring more than the opposition. i have conceded in every game so far but played 6 won 4 drawn 1 and lost 1.

newcastle 3-3 spurs

newcastle 3-1 boro

blackburn 3-4 newcastle

newcastle 3-1 derby

man city 2-0 newcastle

newcastle 4-2 aston villa

to win da league (i know im going to lol) wiv newcastle u only need 2 players - Van Der Vaart and Mark Bresciano. Just adjust ur transfer budget 2 get them, and den put van der vaart as ur playmaker and let him take all ur set pieces. im 13 games in and hes scored 10 goals, set up 13 and got man of da match 8 times. stick viduka as a target man aswel and him n owen up front r unstoppable. Stil not sure about my defense tho, stil kinda leaky lol

Whats the deal with mike ashely icon_frown.gif ?

he keeps on accepting bids for all my stars and even young andy carrol in the second season .

ive seen him accept 9 mill bids for carrol and let me negotiate 11mill ones ?

not a happy bunny , akinfeev just went to arsenal in amazing form with loads of assists straight to owen or martins

Originally posted by hadrian:

Whats the deal with mike ashely icon_frown.gif

Not sure, mate. I signed 'Leyrielton', an awesome wing back and someone offered £13M for him, so Mike accepted without my consent! Extracts the urine to be honest, he was my 2nd best defender!

having been sacked last time as newcastle manager ive started again.

Ive spent heavily and sold a few as well.

sold

Viduka to porsmouth for 1 million

Martins to milan for 10 million

pattison to le mans for 1 million

emre to portsmouth for 5 million

owen to villa for 10 million

ameobi to fulham for 1 million

banega to sunderland 1 million

bought

defoe for 7.5 million

salas for 2.5 million

van der vaart for 14 million

felipe for 4.3 million

pires for 2.5 million

zubar for 6.75 million

doudin for 500 thousand

yettergard for 500 thousand

barkroth 200 thousand

banega for 2.5 million

flamini on loan

well after august van der vaart fell out with banega so i had to ship him out but with barton returning from injury so it is no big deal.

My opening two games i was trying out differnt set ups that failed miserably, lost 5 - 0 to wigan Banega sent off and tottenham 3 - 2 geremi sent off.

From my third game ive been playing 4 4 1 1

ive won 4 matches villa 2 - 0

lincoln 2 - 0

birmingham 4 - 0

fulham 3 - 0

and narrowly lost to chelsea 2 - 1

my favoured line up is

given

beye taylor/cacapa zubar/rozenhal enrique

milner barton flamini/geremi pires

van der vaart

defoe

my centre defense changes depends on whom im playing.

I have forward arrows on milner and pires and van der vaart.

defoe has scored 8 in 6 games with 4 in one match. van der vaart has six assists in six matches.

Given

Taylor(Trained to right back) Cacapa(Captain) Rozenhal Enrique

Milner Geremi Emre/Sidwell N'Zogbia

Owen Martins

Subs: Harper, Faye, Babayaro, Pattison, Smith

This was my Premiership winning team (first season) before my game crashed.

Made no signings until winter market where I picked up Sidwell from Chelsea for 2mil, with Viduka (1.9mil) Duff (3.5mil) Beye (2mil) and Barton (5.75mil) all leaving to cut the wage bill. Sidwell replaced Emre in my starting team.

End of the season Owen had got 38 goals in 36 games, Martins had 28 in 34. Given had been injured 3 times in a row after recovering from the originally injury so Harper had played 23 league games.

Cacapa as my captain, Taylor as vice because of their high influence.

I told the team to play narrow to counter for the St James' Park pitch, with direct, quick passing, telling the backline to keep back while having the rest of the team attack.

I see in the original post you sold Pattison, in my opinion he's better than Duff and £64k a week cheaper. I loaned him out for the first 5 months in order to get Duff fit and ready to sell, did so and had Pattison cover N'Zogbia for the second part of the season.

Also I wanna mention..

Newcastle 3 - 2 Liverpool (Anfield) - Owen 3

Newcastle 5 - 1 Liverpool (Anfield, cup) - Owen 2

Newcastle 4 - 0 Liverpool (St James' Park) - Owen 2

... so happy

In July 2008 -

Michael Owen's value is £24mil

Obafemi Martin's value is £15mil

James Troisi went to West Brom for £7mil + 40% clause

David Edgar went to Reading for £6mil + 20% clause

Andy Carroll had a £17mil bid rejected from Chelsea.

Originally posted by LorneC:

I've got a question anyway fellow Newcastle fans! I'm sure Shearer did break Milburn's goal record didn't he?

I was looking throguh the Newcastle history and it still says Milburn top goal scorer with 177 goals. Am I wrong?

Shearer for to 206 goals for Newcastle, Milburn has 200 exactly. However Milburn has the most league goals with 178, Shearer only got 148 in the league. icon_smile.gif

First season and things are going pretty well after a shaky start. Then Inter bids £14.8m for M Owen and the chairman accepts the bid saying it was too good to turn down! all well and good but now i am without my top goalscorer. Any idea on who i should buy??? I have approx £13m to spend and a healthy wage budget to attract a top player.

WARNING !!!

ashley is off his rocker .

january transfers in my second season ashley accepted fee's on 6 of my star players and i couldnt hold on to any of them .

biggest gripe was id never intended selling them so most had silly next sale % fee's icon_frown.gif

was most gutted about van der vaart , but piatti got brought into the squad earlier than intended and plays like a star .

andy carrol turned out amazing , and has now had a bid accepted by ashely for 10 mill for him /cry

If Ashley accepts an offer for my top players and I don't want to lose them i just cancel the deal when it's time to confirm. May upset one or two but I've found that Martins and Milner just get on with it.

Currently 2nd in first season 4 points behind Chelsea with a game in hand. Got them next in FA Cup aswell.

Signings in:

Flamini (loan - since been terminated)

Aaritlo 750k

Modric 4.3m

Ashton 14.75m

De Jong 7.75m

Alex 1.2m

Banega 4.3m

Departures:

Pattison 800k

Ameobi 1.8m

Lua Lua Loan

Emre 8m

Still in January window trying to tie up deals for Breno, Leyrielton and Gourcuff but only if I can ship out some dead wood such as Duff, Butt, Babayaro and Carr.

Currently playing 3-4-1-2 using wing backs to good effect. Milner retrained as a wing back doing great. Having issues with Barton and Smith's disciplie both ben sent off 3 times in th league lol.

Line up - due to African Nations call-uos:

GK Given

CB Taylor

CB Cacapa

CB Rozehnal (would be Faye)

DMR Milner (rotate with Beye when not away)

DML N'Zogbia/Enrique

CM Barton

CM Banega

AMC Modric

ST Owen (would be Martins)

ST Ashton

Having a great season so far! My team just cant stop scoring, getting 68 in 27 games! Im currently lying 3rd in the league, with 21 games gone, nad Im basically through to the league cup final after beating Man City 3-1 t home in the first leg

Sold Martins right at the start, and brought in Palacio. Ended up eing the right choice as he has scored 25 in 27! My other big money signing was Hargreaves for 17M in the january transfer window, he wanted to leave Man U so I snapped him up!

This is my first team:

GK: Given

DR: Beye

DC: Breno

DC: Ignashevich

DL: Enrique

DM: Hargreaves

ML: N Zogbia

MR: Belluschi

AMC: Modic

FC: Owen

FC: Palacio

Main Transfers In:

Palacio: 10M

Modic: 4M

Breno: 4M

Hargreves: 17M

Belluschi: 8.5M

First season i struggled with tactics, seems like the game is much harder than previous versions. Finished 4th but for some reason only 3 top clubs played champions league football so we ended in uefa cup.

After much changing and tweaking i created very defensive formation that gave us great results, especially in away games. Finished top of the league and lost in uefa cup final against roma.

The most memorable game of the season was when we won against barcelona on camp nou playing almost all the game with only 10 men :

opaid4.th.jpg

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/4860/opaid4.jpg

This season started great after we won the community shield against chelsea...

I can send you some pics of the tactic and some further explenations if enyone is interested.

PS : sorry because my english is bad, it's not my first language and this is my first real post here icon_smile.gif

2nd Season with Newcastle

GK: Kameni

DR: Beye/Ratinho(coming in Jan.)

DC: Breno

DC: Ignashevich

DL: Enrique

DM: Sidwell/Bruno Formigoni

ML: N Zogbia

MR: Milner

AMC: Moutinho

FC: Owen

FC: Martins

can't seem to beat the big boys (i.e Man U, Chelski, Liverpool)

I have about 14 mil left for the transfers in Jan. Any recommendations for improvements? I was thinking left back and left wing but maybe its just the tactic

Just pulled off a deal for Aguero at start of 08/09 season. 10.5 up front with another 20mil over 24 months. 110k p/w in wages, worth it though.

Owen wanted away but because of this signing he's willing to sign a new contract.

I missed out on the league by 1 point needed to beat Liverpool but could only manage a 0-0 draw at home.

My suspected team for this season is:

GK: Given/Krul

CB: Taylor/Pasanen

CB: Breno/Rozehnal

CB: Faye/Cacapa

RWB: Leyrielton/Milner

LWB: Jose Enrique/N'Zogbia

CM: De Jong/Barton

CM: Banega/Smith

AMC: Modric/Alex

SC: Aguero/Ashton

SC: Owen/Aguero

Also bid for Mikel and Bojinov on loan but doubt Chelsea and City would sell to a rival.

All in all quite over the moon with the capture of Aguero!

Finished 3rd in my second season, won league cup, board and fans were happy enough..

Team for 3rd season:

GK - Given (Had a shakey end to last season, Harper still filling in at times)

RB - Leadbetter (Academy player who's developed after tutoring from Cacapa and Taylor)

LB - Enrique (Still waiting on his first Spanish cap)

CB - Cacapa (My captain, possibly his last season in the first team)

CB - Taylor (Turning out amazing, still waiting on his first England cap. Vice Captain)

RM - Milner (Being hassled by Inter Milan, top of the assists table last season)

LM - N'Zogbia (Also being hassled by Inter, not developed how I hoped but has 4 French caps)

CM - Sahin (Signed from Dortmund for free, quality young player)

CM - Geremi (In a rotary with Emre)

ST - Owen (Golden boot winner 2 years running, World player of the year 2008)

ST - Martins (Hassled by Inter, likely to leave before transfer window closes)

Subs:

Harper

Ramage (Cacapa's long term replacement)

Emre (Rotary with Geremi)

Jimenez (Signed 5mil from Man United)

Ameobi (Martins replacement)

Reserves: Rozenhal, Miguel (Free from Valencia), Butt, Pattison, Carroll, Edgar, Krul, McCrudden (Academy), Faye (Long term injury)

Have close to 100mil in the transfer budget because I've only signed 2 players in 2 seasons, Sidwell (2mil) who moved on for 4.9mil a year later, and Jiminez 5mil. Wage bill is 650k, quite high still, but starts around 850k so not so bad.

Anyone have suggestions of what to adjust? I don't want to tear my team apart because they're blending well. I've made some small changes such as bringing Rob Lee and Gary Speed in as coaches, tweaking training, free kick takers etc.. but I'm finding it difficult to get this team to battle with the over-spending Chelsea and Arsenal.

having downloaded the beta patch ive restarted my newcastle game.

Ive bought harry kewell 3.7 mil, van der vaart 7.5 mil, chris eagles loan, niklas bakroth 450k, kasper hamalailon 250k, mika aaritalo 250k, jermain defoe player exchange, steve sidwell 2 million, chris samba 1 million, michael dawson 3.6 million.

and sold Obafami martins 5 million plus defoe, pattison 1 mil, viduka 1 mil, edgar 500 mil, smith 6 mil.

my squad

GK - given/harber

RB - geremi/beye/milner(retrained)

CB - samba/faye/Ramage

CB - Dawson/Taylor/Rozenhal

LB - N'Zogbia(retrained)/Enrique

RM - kasper hamalailon/Milner/Eagles

CM - Sidwell/barton/ Butt

LM - Kewell/troisi/N'Zogbia

AM - Van der Vaart/Barton

SC - aaritalo/Ameobi/Carrol

SC - Owen/Defoe

Van der vaart has scored 22 in 24 games, 7 assists and 11 man of the match

I am currently 5th played 22 won 12 drawn 5 lost 5 for 48 against 41 points 41.

As you can see im leaking goals but im going by the Keegan way as long as i score more than the other team i dont mind.

I brought samba in from blackburn iniatially as cover as taylor was injured for six months but hes been an inspiration 19 games 3 goals rating 7.32.

New season started pretty well, my defensive tactic is working great especially against big teams. I almost didn't believe my eyes, the way we dominated against strong Inter side :

interdb9.th.jpg

interhs2.th.jpg

And by the way, Ever Banega becomes class midfielder icon_smile.gif

I would be happy to post more details about my game and tactic if anyone's interested icon_wink.gif

well i ended first season 5th would off got 3rd apart from i lost my last 3 games and two of them were chelsea and man utd. van der vaart was my top scorer with 30 goals.

during the break i've had a bit off a shake up i've sold Owen, emre, duff, barton, n'zogbia, milner, taylor, rozenhal, harper, butt ameobi.

And ive brought in Simao, motta, barnetta, armand traore, riquelme, barazite, kuszczak, boulahrouz, adrien, farfan, ryan taylor, del piero.

so my team now looks like this.

GK - given/kuszczak

RB - Taylor/Geremi

CB - Samba/boulahrouz

CB - Dawson/Faye

LB - Enrique/A Traore

RM - Simao/Barnetta/

CM - Riquelme/Sidwell/Motta

LM - Farfan/Kewell

AM - Van der vaart/Troisi

CS - Aaritalo/Del piero

CS - Defoe/Carroll

Riquelme will drop to bench against the bigger teams

Can anybody tell me, does Andy Carroll, David Edgar, and King Tim Krul come good in the end? Do you have to loan them out? When do you guys play them 1st team?

I know this is Football Manager but guys, Andy Caroll on pro evo 2008, legendary, 4 goals in 1st league game lol. Sorry like but just wondering if he is good in both games.

This season started great after we won the community shield against chelsea...

I can send you some pics of the tactic and some further explenations if enyone is interested.

PS : sorry because my english is bad, it's not my first language and this is my first real post here

@ kalwados

could you please post your tactic in detail.

Finished third first season, missed out on second place by 1pt.

Won the title second season by 5pts

gk. given

rb. beye

lb. sakho

cb. taylor

cb. zapata

dmc. emre/barton

dmc. sunny

rw. milner/alex

lw. duff/nzogbia

amc. matias fernandez

fc. martins/ vela

Im now in my third season so my team is a little different. Mainly Alves at right back and drenthe was also signed.

Ill post some screenshots later when im on my laptop.

Well ive just Finished my First season and didnt do too bad.

League cup-Got knocked out by Notts Forest in the 3rd round

FA Cup-Sixth round by Man Utd

League-Finished 3rd

This is the team i play

Given

Beye Faye Cacapa Enrique

Barton Van Bommel

Milner

Owen Viduka Martins

I scored 78 goals using this but tend to concede at least one every game, Only thing is i get ripped apart by the big boys.

Im getting VDV to play Milners role and possibly Luca Toni to take Viduka's place. Might sign a new CB aswell.

I managed to get Eidur Gudjonnson from Barca on load on the first transfer deadline day. He is doing pretty well. I am currently in 3rd place at the halfway point. Just sold Viduka, Ignashivic end emre is on his way out too. I'm looking for a good mc or dmc to boss the midfield. any tips?

Im in my first season 1st Dec

Im doing really well i am top only lost 1 game

team

Given

Beye Cacapa Taylor Enrique

Denilson

Gourcuff N'Zogbia

Fernandez

Martins Owen

Signed

Denilson

Gourcuff

Fernandez

Bojan

Saivet

Guilherme

Breno (signing in January)

Pato (signing in January)

Lulinha (signing end of season)

Sold

Smith

Viduka

Troisi

Emre

Barton

Tip. Fernandez from Villareal is AMAZING

Not sure if this is guaranteed but I found on the demo that if I went into a player's transfer status and set the instruction to reject all bids that seemed to stop the chairman selling them out from under me...it was only once I de-selected that option that he started accepting crazy bids.

Anyone having problems with Mr Ashley might want to try that

Started the game without money in the first transfer window so no new signings ahead of the first season.

Come january I bought Andrey Arshavin for £6m from Zenith Petersburg. Did well in the spring and reached the FA-Cup final where Andy Carroll and Arshavin gave us a 2-1 lead before Arsenal got the better of us through van Persie, who also wrapped up the scoring to make it 4-2 in injurytime. Finished fourth in the league after beating Man Utd away 4-2. Biggest suprise of the season was James Milner who got 11 goals in a total.

Bought Rafinha for £9.5m from Schalke and Cristian Zapata from Udinese for £21m. Zapata and Taylor would turn out to be a terrific partnership.

Started the season well by beating Grasshoppers 5-1 on aggregate before I was drawn with Barcelona, Shakhtar and Sporting in the CL. Won in Lisbon 2-1, then lost at home to Shakhtar 1-0 and Barcelona 2-3(Milner got both my goals). Went to Ukraine and beat Shakhtar 3-2 thanks to an Andy Carroll hattrick! Was completley ran over by Sporting at home and lost 1-3, which meant I had to beat Barcelona away while Shakhtar didn't win in Lisbon.

Bojan made it 1-0 in the 9th minute, but Martins managed to grab an equaliser in the exact same minute that Leonardo gave Shakhtar the lead in Lisbon. Milner gave us a 2-1 -lead on the stroke of half time, but it didn't matter as Shakhtar were still in front. Barton got sent off in the second half, but very good skills from Martins saw us grab all points as he ran past Puyol to get his second of the game in the 84t minute. Had a quick look at the latest scores, and when I thought it was all over - Liedson ( 87 ) popped up. 3 wins away and 3 losses at home had won us progress!

Played well in the League, signed Riquelme for £2.5m in January and went on to finish 3rd. Got knocked out of the UCL by Real Madrid in the first knock-out stage. Martins was topscorer in the Premiership and Milner improved his tally from last season and got amazing 15 goals! Carroll was awarded his first full International call-up.

Huge money to spend ahead of the third season, spent nearly all of them on Diego - £33m. Started of very bad in the league and lost 5 of the first 6 games. Then we went to Barcelona, who were in our group again along with Sporting (AGAIN) and Slavia Prag. Ran out 5-3 winners at the Camp Nou, and that got the season going. Beat Liverpool 4-1 at Anfield.

Lineup in October 2009:

----------------Given----------------

Rafinha---Taylor-----Zapata---Enrique

Milner----Barton-----Diego----N'Zogbia

----------Martins----Owen-------------

Bench: Krul, Faye, Arshavin, Carroll, Duff, Riquelme, Geremi.

Carroll looks like he will be the natural successor to Michael Owen!

Originally posted by Dave the Rave:

I managed to get Eidur Gudjonnson from Barca on load on the first transfer deadline day. He is doing pretty well. I am currently in 3rd place at the halfway point. Just sold Viduka, Ignashivic end emre is on his way out too. I'm looking for a good mc or dmc to boss the midfield. any tips?

Mathieu Bodmer, Alou Diarra or Jean II Makound - very good all of them!

Just found this thread. Anyway, things are going ok for me. In March 2008 sitting 4th in the table, but Everton are only 3 points behind me with 2 games in hand.

Signings to date:

Kompany 10Mill - Just bought him as he seemed at a great price (going to be brilliant)

Mika Aaritilo - Cost 80K and is a pretty good player, he is now worth 2.3Mill and the fans adore the price I got him at. He plays every so often (I keep having horrific infuries to my midfield). I mainly bought him to sell on and get some more transfer funds.

George Wijnaldum - Cost a hefty 4.6 Mill but is one for the future (can play anywhere in midfield) and is a replacement for Zog/Milner/Duff when I sell them for mega bucks.

Players Out

Troisi 425K to Carlisle

Pattison 1Mill to Swansea

Ameobi, Carr, Edgar, Carrol are on loan to various clubs.

I have managed to get some Belgian first division team as feeder, and also wolves icon_biggrin.gif

My bank balance is looking a bit crap but I am hoping to hold on to fourth and get some champions league.

Future Signings

Gasbaronni - Free (Looks amazing) he comes in at the end of this season.

I am also hoping I can get Riquelme if I get Champs League (and maybe Masherano from Liverfool)

In other transfer market news I got bids for Milner (negotiated to 19.5Mill + 15%), Zogbia (Rejected), Martins (27 MILLION!!!!, and 10%) but decided not to sell him. I really, really want Rossi, but the lowest I could get is 29.5 Million so thought keep martins.

I played 4-4-2 Diamond in last years FM so I thought I would try a bit of change and I am currently playing:

4 Def, 2 CM, 3 in the AM (L,R,C) and 1 ST. This is working ok, I seem to score loads - but concede a **** load (Keegan era lol).

When playing away the AMC moves to a DMC and this tactic is usually rubbish so I need to make some changes soon.

I wouldn't mind selling most of the players but the following are ones that I plan on keeping:

Given

Faye

Taylor

Kompany

Emre (May be tempted if I get a big bid for him)

Smith (I love wor smudge)

Martins

Wijnaldum

The rest are pretty much all going to go, but probably not for a few seasons.

Anyone else finding it really hard to get players at reasonable prices? (Of course it is working the other way too 27Mill for Martins in the first season lol).

Any advice to people just starting, make sure you get Owen and Martins out of there release clauses !!!!!

Nice team!

My Newcastle at the first season was:

Given

Beye/Carr

Caçapa/Faye

Taylor/Roz

Barry/Babayaro (Enrique went to Lyon for a fee of 18M pounds)

Duff/Zog

Cahill/Butt

Barton/Banega

Milner/Bentley

Owen/Smith

Ashton/Viduka (Martins went to juve for 21M pounds)

Archived