Guti = free

Farfan = 6m

Luis Fabiano = 7th time trying for wp

Out

Viduka = 2m

Beye = 3.4m

Ameobi = 4m

Carr = free

Which First Team Players Offer Good Experience To The Youngster ( especially lualua )

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coventry bought Ameobi, and West Ham bought Viduka, on the second season

my current team, at 2010/2011 is:

Given

Rafinha/Vanden Borre

Alex/Bouhlarouz

Mertesacker/Burdisso

Criscito/Antunes

Milner/Gouffran

Mikel/Cahill

Miguel Veloso/Alou Diarra

Downing/Morais

Owen/Ashton

Benzema/Doyle

Guest giveuptheghost

My Newcastle side Dec 09 currently 4th in prem

Goalkeepers

Shay Given

Tim Krul

Shane Supple

Wang Dalei

Defenders

Abdoulaye Faye

Eduardo (should be a wonder kid icon_smile.gif)

Christophe Berra

Darijo Srna

Billy Jones

Habib Beye

Steven Smith

Dorian Dervite

Midfield

Charles N'Zobia

Nigel de Jong

Claudio Maldonado

Micheal Johnson (wonder kid)

Micheal Knightly

James Milner

Luka Modric

Jorge Valdivia

Strikers

Alan Smith

Daniel Sturridge (wonder kid)

Andy Carroll (wonder kid)

Ikechukwu Uche

Starting Line up

GK- Shay Given

RB- Darijo Srna

LB- Eduardo

CB- Abdoulaye Faye (cpt)

CB- Christophe Berra

MR- James Milner

ML- Charles N'Zogbia

MC- Micheal Johnson

MC- Nigel de Jong

FC- Andy Carrroll/ Daniel Sturridge

FC- Ikechukwu Uche/ Alan Smith

The board accepted bids of £21 mill for Owen, £12 mill for Taylor (was cpt at the time icon_frown.gif) and £14 mill for Enrique.

I manually sold Viduka, Duff, Rozenhal, Barton, Geremi, Emre and Ameobi to reduce wage costs and rid the team of players that didn't want to play for me. icon_smile.gif

Arsenal lost to Villa, drew to Reading, West Ham and the mackems and ended up slipping into 5th!

That left me and Everton to fight out for 4th and 3rd. Everton had a harder run than me and ended up drawing to chelsea, and then losing to Villa to give us both the same points. Our superior goal differnce however settled it and my final position after the first season is:

3rd !!!!!!!

That is straight into the Champions League proper, automatic qualification icon_biggrin.gif

In other news I have managed to sign Riquelme on a free, but lost out to liverfool for masherano icon_frown.gif

I am however now preparing for my assault to next season. I am going to have to tweak the tactic some more (Thinking of playing with 2 DM instead of 2CM to see if that has an effect) in order to stop me conceding a shed load.

My bank balance is now £17 million, so its going to be another scrimping season - but if I can rid of 3-4 of my more over rated players (Owen, Cacapa, Rozey etc) I may be able to get some proper players for the future here icon_biggrin.gif

I also want to replace pearson... he has had a good season - but its more to do with the fact that he is a dick

First I might sleep though.

season 3 now with newcastle, finished 2nd first season, then due to uefa cup and injuries i only managed 10th in season 2

squad for season three is currently

Shay Given

Colin Doyle (2.5 From West Brom)

Habib Beye

Jose Enrique

Steven Taylor

Abou Faye

Cacapa (Vice Captain)

David Rozehnal

Geremi

Charles N'Zogbia

Nicky Butt

Joey Barton (Captain)

Emre

Denilson (6.5 from Arsenal)

James Milner

Kazenga LuaLua

Chris Eagles (Loan then 950k from Man Utd)

Iago (Loan from Barcelona)

Henri Saviet (7.5 from Bordeaux)

Alan Smith

Obafemi Martins

Mark Viduka

Michael Owen

Andy Carroll

8th after 12 games currently

Originally posted by qwertyuiopzxcvbnm:

Arsenal lost to Villa, drew to Reading, West Ham and the mackems and ended up slipping into 5th!

That left me and Everton to fight out for 4th and 3rd. Everton had a harder run than me and ended up drawing to chelsea, and then losing to Villa to give us both the same points. Our superior goal differnce however settled it and my final position after the first season is:

3rd !!!!!!!

That is straight into the Champions League proper, automatic qualification icon_biggrin.gif

Since when is 3rd automatic qualification?

I've seen some of you guys with less than 650k/week wages total. How did you guys manage to cut down the wage bill so drastically?

I remember on FM 2007 I managed to get people on 65k/week down to 30k/week but I cant remember how I managed it. Do any of you guys know? I realise it's probably not THAT big of a deal, but I like to have as small a wage bill as possible. More funds and all that icon_smile.gif

Also, The last couple of times I've played a new game on FM2008 (with the beta patch if that makes a diff) I've been completely throwing away the friendly games. I'm losing 3-0, 1-0 to teams I didnt even know existed. Does anybody have an idea of what could be causing such a massive impact on my players that they lose in such games? I realise I'm not really giving any possibilities but I honestly have no idea what could be doing it. Whenever I start a game I immediately sack all of my coaches and replace them with 7star coaches (Obscure/regional/National) as low as I can get them. Is this doing it do you think? If it is, can anybody suggest any other ways I could get 7 star coaches which wouldnt have said impact?

Thank you in advance!

Hey guys

In my first season i finished 1st with Spurs coming second, However, my second season was an absolute disaster, i bought Robbie Keane and it transpired that Given, Keane, Aguero (who i purchased at the end of 1st season), geremi and ameobi all disliked Owen!!!

Then owen started to publicly state his desire to leave for a bigger club even though we had won the prem and were in the qtr finals of Champions League.

The chairman had accepted an offer at the end of the 1st season for Martins from Roma.

So i ended up losing in the semis to Roma in champions league, finishing a dissapointing 4th in second season and capitulating in the fa cup final 4-0 to chelsea.

The only weay out was to sack owen, as soon as i did that, we mounted a good run and finished 4th. but what a depressing season.

You have a halfway decent season and the vultures don't half start circling do they???

I'm in my first close season with Newcastle and by the start of July, Man Ure, Chelski et al have come sniffing around and unsettled Martins, Van Der Vaart, Taylor, Andy Carrol, Jose Enrique and Matia Casani....3 of them are already saying they owe it to themselves to move to a bigger club.

Plus I've had enquiries for Milner and N'Zogbia so it'll only be a matter of time before they start moaning too.

So far the only major success in my squad who hasn't been unsettled is Owen, despite the Scousers asking how much I want for him....anyone else having their squad ripped apart? (not to sound melodramatic or anything)

Originally posted by LorneC:

Something else to note...

Martins is extraordinarily good too, he's worth £14,000,000 at the moment on mine, BUT he has a Minmum Fee Release clause of £13,000,000 icon_eek.gif and he's unsettled because he wants to move to a bigger club. If someone bids his value, I'm buggered.

So my advice is offer him a new contract straight away and get rid of that Minimum Fee Release clause.

Also, Jóse Enrique is worth only £4,600,000 but I'm recieving bids of £15,000,000 for him now, so don't sell him icon14.gif

Sorry if this bores anyone by the way, just giving advice based on experience. icon14.gif

You may not belive me but i got 46 mill aus dollars for jose from ac i could not belive it icon_eek.gif

It might be my tactics, but Jose Enrique is rubbish for me.

He always seems to give the ball away. I have got a few teams sniffing around and i'm only in february in the first season.

I'm looking to get rid of him if i can get the bids high enough to get a decent replacenent.

I nearly got Baines in during the transfer window but i cancelled at the last minute because i thought £12.5m was to much.

I've tried for Bale, i've gone up to £15m and spurs aren't interested. Shorey has just gone to pompey. Who else is there, I am trying to keep it british were i can, but i don't mind if he is good enough.

GK: Given, Ustari

DC: Kompany, Taylor

DR: Richards, Faye

DL:

DM: Sissoko, Barton, Nengomashe

MR: Gasbaoni, Milner

ML: Dos Santos

AMC: Luliha, Anderson, Saviet

FC: Bojan,

ST (Head): Carroll, Gyan

Utility: Smith, Fernandez

===================================

=== Need: ===

CB, 2 LB, ML, Util D (Duplus 2.5)

Richards

Dos Santos 27th Italy

Anderson Barca 17.8

Gyan 39.5 ?

Bojan

=== Poss: ===

Riise

Crouch

Taye Taiwo !

Bale

Espaza/Esposito

=== Sell: ===

Enrique

Beye

Riqueleme

Duff

Emre

Rozenahal

==================================

Well I was really fuming at the start of my second second. Ashely had decided to sell Owen to Chelsea for forty odd million. With him also accepting a bid for Martins that just left me with Smithy up front. I really really wanted to get Bojan but they want 30ish mill for him, and he doesn't seem to want to leave Barca - don't blame him.

I settled on a young Chilian called Matias Fernandez. He is naurally a AMC when I looked at his finishing and compusre I thought he would make a great striker so I retrained him. I had 3 days to sign him before the window closed so I think I paid over the odds for him (17.5Mill) but on reflection he has been worth it.

Anyway before the striker crisis I got an offer for Geremi from villa - as he is getting on a bit and he was signed on a free by Big Sam I decided to let him go for 5mill. I had some money from the Martins incident so I decided to replace Geremi with real quality. I managed to persuade Sissoko to come for a hefty 15.75Mill - he has been ace.

As I wasn't aware that Owen was going to Chelsea I wanted to get a long term replacement for Given (Oscar Ustari - 5.75Mill) and get in some really good youngsters that I can develop.

My other signing of note is another defensive midfielder but looked to good to miss. His name is Nengomashe and cost only 500K. This is another real bargain like my Aaritalo from last season and I hoped to sell him on a season later for profit.

Oh yeah, almost forgot I managed to get Riquelme and Gasbarroni on frees. The former took a while but has started performing ok (although if I get an offer for him I will let him go), and the later has been absolutely amazing - real quality bombing down the right wing.

I also got rid of Pearson and replaced him with Marcel Desailly - this was a great move. I didn't realise home helpful having a quality Assistant is. Highly reccomended.

After an ok start I had a great run around xmas time - things started to dip again but in late febuary everything started to just clik, I changed my tactic* and found that I was awesome. I was sitting second in the league 3 points behing Chelsea and still in the Champs league. After amazing performances from Smith, Given, Gasbarroni and Fernandez I managed to win the league AND the Champs League.... This has been the best season ever !!!

The performance of smudge has left me with a bit of a headache as I start to prepare for my third season. I really want to replace him with skill instead of real tenacity but he is doing such a great job...

*I started the season struggling with my new tactic so I decided to forget the 4 up front I was trying to accomplish and went for a more standard 4 defenders. 1 DM, 2 Wingers, 2 AMC and 1 ST. This has been an amazing tactic for me - it allows me to play Fernandez in his AMC position, bombing forward into the box when he pleases. Riqueleme next to him bossing the game with some superb creative passes and smithy in front of him chasing down anything and everything (seriously, put Smith upfront with maximum closing down, he wins the ball in some great positions). I could upload it if anyone is intrested.

Oops, I have been silly again. Ignore the bit before the ========= 's they are just notes that I have taken to help me create my dream team and keep track of the possible transfers that I am contemplating making.

Apologies it will be meaningless gunk to you lot icon_wink.gif - but at least you can see how I plan on my team looking (Richards looks amazing but all my offers have been rejected. Bojan won't come - Dos Santos is needing some persuadig too.

I really hope I can sell thoose players too icon_wink.gif

Just won title with toon in season 1

4-4-2 diamond formation

van der vaart is amc (amazing player!)

Owen scored 22 and martins 27 in the league

defence shipped a bit but did not matter.

need quality DR and DC for season 2, any ideas?

bought Breno in July at the moment

I would sell smith, did nowt for me, won league in season 1 without playing him.

i only got 5m for him at start of season 2.

i have van der vaart but would play riquelme same way in a 442 diamond with riquelme AMC arrows between 2 strikers plus give him playmaker role. barton can play dmc if you still have him

Ok, just finished my first season with Newcastle and to my surprise, I finished 4th to obtain £17.5 million in prize funds. I was also runner up in the FA Cup to Man U, and got to the Semi's of the Milk cup.

PLAYERS IN

PLAYERS OUT

Ok, just finished my first season with Newcastle and to my surprise, I finished 4th to obtain £17.5 million in prize funds. I was also runner up in the FA Cup to Man U, and got to the Semi's of the Milk cup.

PLAYERS IN (pre season)

Bärkroth - £200K

Saivet - £375K

Ignashevich - Free

Piatti - £110K

van der Vaart - £11M

Mezenga - £2.1M

Banega - £2.2M

Modric - £3.8M

PLAYERS IN (Jan)

Ääritalo - £325K

Lupoli - £12M

Alex - £2M

PLAYERS OUT (pre season)

Emre - £3.2M

Pattison - £1M

Owen - £8.25M

PLAYERS OUT (January)

Butt - Free

Viduka - £1M

Van Der Vaart is class and should be played in AMC role of a diamond, the formation invented by Sir Bobby Robson.

Lupoli is also class he scored 17 in 23.

Only downside is my defence, we conceded 56 goals so I have some rebuilding to do.

In my newcastle, I use Martins and Owen + MR + ML on attack, but they lose most of the headers

and I always lose on counter...

Can someone use M + O as forward could post your tac file here ?

Many Thanks!! icon_frown.gif

ok nearly finished my first season with Newcastle

Sitting second in the league on

Won 16

Draw 8

Lost 6

Scored 56 but with 35 against

Memorable games

Arsenal 1 Newcastle 2

Chelsea 1 Newcastle 2

Liverpool 1 Newcastle 23

Newcastle 4 Arsenal 0

Newcastle 2 Liverpool 1

Twice lost to Man Utd

Out of the league cup to Hull

Semi final of the F A Cup to Chelsea

Signings

Klaas Jan Huntelaar 11m

Breno 5.5m ( Jan Window )

Alex 1.9m ( Jan Window )

Harry Kewell ( Loan )

Justin Hoyte ( Loan )

Sergey Ignasevich Free

Carlos Saez 80k

Toni Kroos 45k

Zeefuik Genero 1.7m ( Jan Window )

Eden Hazard 210k

Omar Benzerga 240k

Henri Saivet 350k

John Bostock 170k

OUT

Shola Ameobi 3m

Matty Pattison 925k

Cacapa 500k

My under 18 team have won their league unbeaten all season won every game with John Bostock weighing in with 20 goals from midfield

The board only seem to offer me below average teams to be feeder clubs

Juggers,

very similiar to you, won league with vaart and 442 diamond.

bought barzagli in summer, spent all cash on him + david DC and retrained taylor to RB

not letting in as many season 2, only 5 from 9 games so far, early days yet

Ok so I'm looking for a bit of advice. Hopefully somebody can help me icon_smile.gif

I just finished my first season as Newcastle, and came second in the league. I'll get onto my transfers in and out in a minute. What I'm wanting in response from this post is advice on where I need to revamp my squad, with whom and any other pieces of advice I can find.

Okay so first off, my transfers in and out:

IN:

Niklas Barkroth

Christian Benavente

Alan Kardec

Mika Aaritalo

Mathieu Flamini

Georginio Wijnaldum

Breno

Alex (vasco)

Rafael van der Vaart

David Beckham (free)

Ricardinho (free)

Out:

Mark Viduka

Michael Owen

Alan Smith

Damien Duff

Emre

Transfer Listed (and wont bloody sell, even for free):

Nicky Butt

Cacapa

Celestine Babayaro

Stephen Carr (Might terminate his contract, only 40k compen)

I'm running a 4-4-2 diamon formation with:

GK Given

DR Geremi

DL Jose Enrique

DC Breno

DC Steven Taylor

DMC Joey Barton/Flamini

MR David Beckham/Milner

ML Charles N'Zogbia/Milner

AMC Rafael van der vaart

FC Shola Ameobi/Mika Aaritalo/Alan Kardec

FC Obafemi Martins

S1 Steve Harper

S2 Habib Beye/Abdoulaye Faye

S3 James Milner (rotates around the wingers mostly)

S4 David Rozehnal

S5 Mika Aaritalo(rotates around the strikers)

Now then, I feel like even though I achieved such a good position, the team is quite weak, not to mention AM-heavy.

Can anybody mention any good signings that could seriously bolster my squad and helm consolidate my position aswell as help achieve equivalent or better next season?

Thanks in advance!

OK, in my first season as Newcastle manager things went very well with me winning the league on the last day of the season with the two challengers being Arsenal and Everton =\

P GD Pts

1. Newcastle 38 30 79

2. Arsenal 38 36 78

3. Everton 38 15 77

I spent my whole budget on Rafael Van Der Vaart and he was my main man with 23 assists and 11 goals. Oba chipped in with 34 goals whilst MO got 32. I played the whole season with a 442 formation. Was awful in the cups 3rd round (LC) and 5th round (FA)

Now into my second and the board gave me 30 million to retain the title but I had big plans to challenge for the Champions League also, so I had to ship out some players to generate funds, so I sold:

D Duff >>> Bolton - 10 mil

A Smith >>> Everton - 7 mil

A Carroll >>> Pompey - 5mil

S Ameobi >>> Birmingham - 2.5 mil

S Harper >>> Bolton - 1 mil

D Edgar >>> Birmingham - 1 mil

Total 26.5 mil

I figured I needed to revamp the defense because they were just bollocs last season shipping too many goals I brought in:

L Modric <<< Paarma - 17 mil

C Zapata <<< Udinese - 14 mil

Felipe <<< Udinese - 12 mil

Ratinho <<< Corinthians - 7 mil

Cani <<< Fiorentina - 7 mil

I Klasnic <<< Werder - Free

Total 57 mil

Given

Ratinho Zapata Felipe Enrique

Cani Van Der Vaart Barton Modric

Owen Martins

Subs:

Krul

Taylor

Emre

N'Zogbia

Klasnic

It's been dissappointing so far this season with 2 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss in the league, I think they just need time to settle in and the title will be mine once more =)

My aim for the club is to upgrade to state of the art youth facilities and become the richest club in the world so I'll keep you updated.

Just started season 2 with Newcastle.

Managed to get Woodgate, Baines, Luci, Downing, Lulinha, and Alex in in the closed season. My starting XI now looks like this.

Given/Wiess

Feye/Beye

Baines/Enrique

Woodgate/Cacapa

Taylot/Rozenhal

Ernst/Wijnaldum

Luci/Barton

Milner/Eagles

Downing/N'zogbia

Lulinha/Alex

Owen/Carroll

I'm looking for 2 new DC to cover for Woody/Taylor as Cacapa and Rozenhal are becoming unhappy. Any suggestions on good young DC who won't mind warming the subs bench for a season or two?

in december first season currently played 15 games.

standings so far

chelsea 34

NEWCASTLE 32

liverpool 30

arsenal 26

spurs 24

reading 24

man u currently 10th with 20 points.

squad

gk - given

dr - beye

dl - enrique/salcido (bought 4.5m)

dc - taylor

dc - faye

dm - geremi

mc - emre

mc - barton

aml - n'zogbia

amr - milner/martins

st - owen/martins

first season finished 8th. was all going well till about 4 games left in the season i was 4th but slipped to 8th.

first season i got zdravko kuzmanovic for 4.6 mill. second season and hes a wonder kid. definatley buy him.

second season i sold owen for 7.5mill as he was winging about wanting to play for a bigger team, he was fairly pants first season- injured for most of it and played crap when he was playing. using a 4-1-4-1 tactic with two attacking wingers and one striker. works well.

brought in Naldo 16mill from werder bremen, cristian pander on a free, renato augusto for 11.5 mill and got bojan on loan from barca. going well second season. won 5/8 games scoring 22 and conceeding 12.

would like a new striker. any suggestions?

cheers

I am getting Football Manager 2008 for Christmas. Can anybody tell me how much Newcastle give you for transfers at the start of season 1?

Cannot wait for FM 08 but still playing on FM 07 in the 2012/13 season with newcastle. I've just bought Micah Richards from City for £66 million! And I had to negotiate down from £78 million!

just started with new patch icon_wink.gif im a fan of newcastle, but first season i've finished only 9th... but in second i made lots of trades and now im in top 3 at the end of october icon_wink.gif A.Carroll is really good targetman and Smith plays great football to, he scored 25 in first season and was my best striker, shame i sold Owen but he started to moan about bigger club icon_rolleyes.gif Boro relegatet and i bought back Woody icon_wink.gif my first team now is:

Gk - Given

DL - Pander

DR - Beye

DC - Samba

DC - Woodgate

DM - A.Diara (from Bordeux i think)

ML - N'Zogbia

MR - Milner

AMC - Diego (i hope he will be good)

FC - O.Martins

FC - A.Carroll

also this one is great IMO...

derby41au4.th.jpg

i believe M.Ashley was proud icon_smile.gif

and for a question before you get about 10m euro at the beggining icon_wink.gif

Howay the lads icon_smile.gif

OK, just about to finish my fourth season with the Toon. Been a bit up and down, with a LOT of transfer activity (spent £221m on 32 players and received £194m for 40 players). The only remaining player from the original NUFC squad is Steven Taylor, and he's lucky to get a game nowadays.

First season finished 14th

Second season finished 3rd

Third season finished 13th, reached final of the UEFA Cup

Fourth season, currently 5th with 4 games to go, and 3 points off 4th

My current squad:

nufcsquadzz7.th.jpg

Nice work, guys. But in real life, we are still no more than trash compared to the 'big4'. I can't believe we lost 3-0 in home soil against Liverpool and only got a point against Sunderland who lost 7-1 to Everton.

i really cant seem to stop losing money with newcastle every month losing money, im scared of going bankrupt soon. ridiciulous wages! i sent out vidukua and emre for free and very small price. ridiculous how much these players get paid! especially duff wtf did he do for newcastle to be on that amount.

Ridiculous management of your club is ruining your successes of winning anything. Mediocre players getting huge salaries for what?????

Originally posted by Duy:

Nice work, guys. But in real life, we are still no more than trash compared to the 'big4'. I can't believe we lost 3-0 in home soil against Liverpool and only got a point against Sunderland who lost 7-1 to Everton.

im not surprised look at the defence.

attacking options is very solid, goalkeeping is great. but defence is very weak in honest opinion and midfield, is OK not good/quality.

Hi all,

I'm just halfway through my first season with newcastle, but I need some advice from fellow newcastle fans. Can you guys and possibly girls please give me some recommendations regardiong strikers and leftbacks? I just sold Michael owen for $35mil US dollars to Chelski, Alan Smith to West Ham for $7mil US dollars, and Martins to AC Milan for $58mil US Dollars, so money is not an issue. What I'm really worried about is the leftback position so if anyone can give me player recommendations for this position I would be really grateful.

Guest broonaldo

If you want to play as Newcastle United...do not..I repeat...do not download the patch!

It's like watching the real thing....only worse!

Saivet - £375K

Sorry it took me so long to respond. When I offered him a contract I just changed his squad status to Indispensable and he took it, and hasn't complained since.

Saying that I'm starting me thrid season now and he hasn't turned out great. I have Martins who scored 19 in 31, and Lupoli who scored 22 in 33.

Ended 2nd in the first season.

Bought five players : Javi Martinez 16.5m Banega 2.5m belluschi 6m nsue 625k Breno 8m

Sold : David Edgar , Emre and Troisi

Letting in a lot of goals in the first season

GP W D L GF GA GD P

38 23 3 12 71 52 +19 72

include a 8-3 win against arsenal (home)

Second season purchase: Zapata 13.5m Giles Barnes 7.5m Thiago motta free Armand Traore 4m

Sold: viduka cacapa alan-smith ameobi

Originally posted by broonaldo:

If you want to play as Newcastle United...do not..I repeat...do not download the patch!

It's like watching the real thing....only worse!

so true they almost got relegated on my everton game 3rd season anyway starting a newcastle game will post screen shots at the end of the transfer window

Archived