World Class Manager - Out of a job

as opposed to the ultra open and competitive English Premier League, which apart from Blackburn in '95 has only ever been won by 3 teams.

Hmm, I wonder who'll win next Man Utd, Chelsea or Arsenal..... such excitement and unpredictability from the most overrated, over hyped kick and rush league in history.

OK Franz...

as opposed to the ultra open and competitive English Premier League, which apart from Blackburn in '95 has only ever been won by 3 teams.

Hmm, I wonder who'll win next Man Utd, Chelsea or Arsenal..... such excitement and unpredictability from the most overrated, over hyped kick and rush league in history.

Argument isn't about the best league if you look closely

I started as International reputation, went from hull city (one year, finished 15th) to sevilla (one year, finished 5th) to chelsea (6 years, 6 premier league titles, 3 fa cups, 2 league cups, 2 champions league), to get the chelsea job i declared interest in it while ancelotti was still in charge and they sacked him. I was still in a job each time i got offered a new one though. Also, i have also read that small clubs wont offer world class managers a job because the wages might be too high, although that wont be affecting you because you said you were getting offered second divison jobs. I dont understand your point about the 'higher reputation clubs thing being illogical' as i think it makes sense, it always means higher rep than your current club, not your previous one. Do you think it might have something to do with your manager stats? Maybe your 'financial control' stat is too low and putting clubs off?

It's because your nationality is Brazilian.

The game puts WAY to much emphasis on your nationality, i normally put myself as half dutch and before long I'm linked with every job in Holland simply because of that. Furthermore being European helped me land jobs in Spain and Italy if I wanted.

If you really care change it in an editor and you'll get offers.

I got offered a Celtic job after taking Derry City to a domestic title in Ireland and Europa League groups. In general I find it quite easy to get higher rep job in FM10 (also got offered a job at Spurs during my time at Celtic).

However(!), after 4 seasons at Celtic I got bored and re-applied twice when Derry sacked their managers over the next few years, declared interests whenever their managers' position was insecure. Both times they opted for some lower division managers.

So there's definitely something fishy in those algorithms.

I must confess I have never had a problem finding another job after leaving/being sacked. Quite alot of the time I prefer to try a team lower than the one I was previously with to see if I can bring them success.

On another note though I think there should be some sort of interview process (like the press conference but hopefully not as annoying as you wouldn't change jobs that often!) where you could say what type of football you would intend to play, attacking or defending etc and what your transfer policy would be youth, experience etc.

Not quite sure how you would code this to make it give you or turn you down for the job but would surely add to the realsim.

Just a thought

I don't understand the game's mechanics in this respect either, but I have not had a major problem here.

I resigned as the manager of ManU with a world class reputation after being there for only 11 months.

After that I applied at Rangers who rejected me and I got worried. :( A week later I signed with Arsenal for a whooping €7.5m annual salary, more than double of what I had before. :)

When I grew tired of my CCFC team and wanted a new challenge, I decided I wanted my French manager to manage in France. The CCFC board had refused to build me a new stadium, so after we won another treble, I put in an ultimatum and got sacked. Within days, Genoa offered me a job, but I wanted to manage in France and turned it down. Several French teams had managers on the edge, but there were no jobs open. Declaring interest did nothing--the current manager was either kept, or was fired and replaced without any notification to me. I was not on holiday...

Eventually, I took the French national job, won them the World Cup, quit, and applied for and got the first French job that opened up (National side Ajaccio), and am in the process of turning them into a continental power. But still, no Marsailles, no Lyon, no PSG...

I'm for thinking there's something screwy in Denmark (so to speak).

Well, I'm having pretty much the opposite problem from the thread starter. Playing a successful career save with Drayton Market for a while now, I've managed to push them from the (originally not playable) Division One South to League One, having one promotion on average for every three to four years. In all those years years, despite being a manager at a semi-professional club until recently, international top clubs have made offers - among them giants like Arsenal, Barcelona and Inter. While I can certainly understand some average Premiership club going the risky and desperate path and trying to raise their productivity by acquiring a successful lower league manager, it's vastly different from what I have been experiencing. Well, the reputation of my choosing ("professional footballer") will play some part in this, but after 5 promotions it would probably result in similar offers.

TSH, in your case the issue is most probably your non-European nationality that is causing the lack of offers/positive reaction to your interest. Whenever I have played the game, I choose either Austrian, English and once even Portuguese and Spanish nationalities. With none of those have I ever had any serious issues getting job offers. I can still remember playing a save before the first patch, where I got embarassingly relegated (and sacked soon thereafter) with Olympiacos Piraeus in my first season. Nevertheless, one month after the sack I was offered a position at Real Saragossa. Similar routes - from weaker league to one of Europe's top leagues - have never been a problem for me, but that was definitely the most surprising one.

As you can see, there is more than one issue with the game AI. While I'd appreciate if SI could balance this a bit better, a case like yours is probably one of the more shocking ones and I believe it can be avoided by changing your nationality. In the end, it's all perfectly playable, even though not everything is as realistic as the real life situation/expectation.

Same thing happened to me mate. I won 6 league titles with Den bosch in Holland as well as a few domestic cups and 2 uefa cups. I decided to leave at 1 point and went u8nemplyed and no one decent would offer me a job.

I ended up going to Hibs with the aim of getting back in the game. Then 9 days later Ma Utd offered me a job. All very odd in my opinion.

All worked out well in the end at least!

Archived