Football Manager Handheld 2011 Announced

• SI Staff
Is this compatible with the PSP (north america)? I tried in vain to find one here for FM2010...will a North American verison be available?

One of the nice things about the PSP is that all games are 'region free' - so if you can obtain one of the European UMD versions it'll work fine on any PSP.

(that being said I know for a fact that FMH is available via. the PSN store in America as I'm based here ;) )

• SI Staff
Thanks that's good to know that the European UMD version works here. My manual insists that only Canadian/USA games will work. I don't have wireless so don't have a PSN account.

Should work fine unless they've changed things in recent years - tbh I've got a PSP Go now so haven't used a UMD for a while, but previously they definitely didn't region lock anything but the movies (if they've changed that then it'd be very silly imho).

Today, my university studies commenced and i must say it's kind of... boring

so I just can't wait to get my hands on the game so I've got something useful to do instead of listening to stuff I already know...

why is November 5th still so far away?

'you're so far away from me,

so far, I just can't see...'

I have bought every version of fmh so far and almost every copy of fm on the pc but i think this may be one i will give a miss. Sure all the tweaking will help improve it but personally thats not really worth £30 to me. A couple of new leagues would have been great but oh well.

If you mean Football Manager Handheld 2010 (iPhone) the last update for it was released a while back now and no further ones are scheduled at present, details on the 2011 version will be forthcoming closer to its release.

Marc, so when are we getting more info or pics on FMH 2011 for PSP??

I've just been told it will be the Wednesday after we release, ie. 10th November.

This is because Sony only release PSN games on Wednesday's over here, apparently.

(this is a UK/Europe release date I believe - not certain if it holds for the globe or not, when I find out I'll post here)

Fifa 2011 was released in the playstation store on Friday the 1st October even tohught the store had been updated as usual on the Wednesday.

Is it that EA pay to have the game released on the same day but SI dont want to pay extra ?

• SI Staff
Fifa 2011 was released in the playstation store on Friday the 1st October even tohught the store had been updated as usual on the Wednesday.

Is it that EA pay to have the game released on the same day but SI dont want to pay extra ?

I don't know the details involved in EA's releases for obvious reasons - I know the dates and the reasons behind them I've been given, but you're welcome to conjecture to your hearts content ... but you have all the information I have :)

Archived