[FM10] Crazy Canuck on Global Managerial Tour

rancer890

Vfb_Stuttgart.png

Season 2020-2021 Preview - 1.Bundesliga

Media Prediction: 1st

Team Value: $372 million (2nd in Germany, 9th in the world)

1.Bundesliga TV Rights: $15,783,000

1.Bundesliga Expectations: Title Challenger

UEFA Champions League Expectation: Reach Quarter-Final

German Cup Expectations: Reach Final

Transfer Budget: $38 million

Wage Budget: $88 million (spending $78,528,620)

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crazy Canuck Youth Player Project

VfB Stuttgart

2016 YP:

Kwadwo Sarpong - AMR/AML (Germany/Ghana)

Left Foot - Very Strong

Right Foot - Very Weak

PPMs - None

Initial Profile | Initial Coach Report

End of Season 1 - Profile | End of Season 1 - Coach Report

End of Season 2 - Profile | End of Season 2 - Coach Report

End of Season 3 - Profile | End of Season 3 - Coach Report

End of Season 4 - Profile

Notes: Went out on loan to a 2.Bundesliga club and did well. Another year on loan should help him on loan.

2018 YP:

Marc Moritz - DC (Germany)

Left Foot - Weak

Right Foot - Very Strong

PPMs - none

Notes: Might consider sending him out on loan next season.

2019 YP:

Michael Addo - DR (Germany/Ghana)

Left Foot - Reasonable

Right Foot - Very Strong

PPMs - none

Notes: He'll stay in the U19s to develop.

2020 YP:

Michael Strobel - ST (Germany)

Left Foot - Very Weak

Right Foot - Very Strong

PPMs - none

Notes: Looks like a good player. Has some potential. :)

Russia_football_association.png

2020 European Championship

Group Stage

Group A - Croatia, Ukraine, Portugal, Poland

Group B - France, Switzerland, Bulgaria, Scotland

Group C - Spain, England, Portugal, Russia

Group D - Turkey, Italy, Germany, Czech Republic

Quarter-Final

Croatia 1-2 Switzerland

Ukraine 1-3 (e) France

Italy 2-1 Spain

England (e) 2-1 Turkey

Semi-Final

Switzerland (p) 1-1 England

France 1-2 Italy

Final

Switzerland 0-3 Italy

In short, we died in the Group of Death. We did get a 0-0 draw against the Dutch but lost to England and Spain.

I am probably leaning to leaving Russia after 2022 World Cup in France and focusing with my club team, whoever it may be.

Vfb_Stuttgart.pngMercedes-Benz_logo.svg

Mercedes-Benz Super League

VfB Stuttgart have recently partnered with German auto manufacturer Mercedes-Benz to hold what would hopefully be the annual Mercedes-Benz Super League, a pre-season league that would bring the best clubs from all over the world to Mercedes-Benz Arena to participate in this competition.

"We are really proud to be hosting this competition," Ricky Nakano told the press, "I know this is still pre-season, but to give our young players a taste of competitive football against the best clubs in world will help them mature as a footballer, as well as give the fans some beautiful football to watch before the start of the Bundesliga season."

The inaugural year of the competition would have English Premier League clubs Chelsea and Tottenham, as well as La Liga club Sevilla coming to Germany.

Results

Competition History

2020 - Winners: Stuttgart

I like your approach - Champions League first, domestic titles after. ;) Nice idea with the annual pre-season tournament as well, one I'll be pinching for my game. :thup:

Unlucky with Russia, but it was a very tough group. Good luck with WCQ!

Cheers DodgeeD. It wasn't deliberate, but it got the job done. :p

The only reason why I held a pre-season tourney was because Everton rejected our friendly and we only had 3 pre-season games. But we get around a $5 million profit so I think I will do this more often. :D

And the bad luck with the draws continue (although tbf it's only German Cup, but still I want to go past the 2nd Round this time).

Vfb_Stuttgart.png

2020 Summer Transfer Window Review

Another solid transfer window of wheeling and dealing...

Transfers

Vladimir Zinovjev - not someone with very high potential, but is another low risk Russian signing

Ricardo Espinoza - a very good Bosman transfer signing from Austrian club Rapid Wien. He'll provide some much needed depth

Anton Ivanov - really excited about this signing. He has the tools to be a good player. And before he came to Stuttgart, he managed to learn fluent German! :)

Rodrigo - wonderkid #5 for his minimum release clause

Jorge Silva - wonderkid #6, for a hefty fee, but I hope he's worth it!

Juan Granados - touted player, be compared to Marcos Senna, signed for his minimum release clause

Enea Colombo - my biggest signing. EVER. Signed for his minimum release clause. I really hope he delivers the goods, having missed out on so many other signings like Higuain.

As for those leaving the club, the Colombo transfer wouldn't have been possible with the departures of Krastev, Lens, and Hentschel, although the latter transfer was the big surprise, as Sevilla were really interesting in Hentschel's services, and I set a price, and they matched it. Kuzmanovic (Catania), Tasci (Dortmund), and Dentinho (Leverkusen) also moved to other clubs after being released.

----

Champions League Group Stage

Not a bad draw at all. :)

Wrong way round - you should be telling your tutors 'since I play FM, I won't have much time for studying' :p

Hehe DodgeeD I wish I could say that to my profs... :D:D

Unfortunately my 2nd year tuition is over CDN$7k!!!! I won't have much of a choice! $7k tuition + books > $50 game... :(

• 1 month later...

Vfb_Stuttgart.png

Season 2020-2021 Review

1.Bundesliga Standings/1.Bundesliga Past Positions - Epic win to clinch the title on the last game of the season! We defeated Hertha 1-0 and Schalke had a shocking draw against Frankfurt, and we are champions once again!!!

German Cup - as usual, we got eliminated in the 2nd Round

UEFA Champions League - We did well in the Group Stage, losing to Manchester United twice, but did well in the other 4 games. We faced bogey club Manchester City though, and didn't do so well, drawing 2-2 in the home leg before losing 3-1 in the away leg.

Transfers - Another very productive year for my new transfers. Enea Colombo, Anton Ivanov, Jorge Silva, Ricardo Espinoza, and Rodrigo all contributed to the club this season.

Squad - The tandem of Hugo Lloris and Dan Bogdan helped us to allow less than 10 league goals this season. In addition to the new backline additions of Silva, Ivanov, and Rodrigo, I still had Kelly and with those four we solidified the back line. The midfield consisted of Tak-Tae Hyun, Roberto Franco, Yacouba Kamissoko, Pavel Nemec, Thibaud Cazenave, and Carlos Cabezas. Our now backup striker Robert Bitana had a decent season.

Finances - Spent a lot, but we still made money. :)

Overview | Facilities | Staff | Affiliations

Awards

Lots of Awards. :)

Goals for next year:

• repeat this year's performance
  • become Club Legend!

Career Summary

[font=Courier New]Year        Team              League       Country   Position                                                           Notes
2009        V-Varen Nagasaki  JFL            Japan        1st                                                       Promotion
2010        V-Varen Nagasaki  J-League 2     Japan        2nd                                                       Promotion
2011        V-Varen Nagasaki  J-League 1     Japan        3rd                                               ACL Qualification
2012        V-Varen Nagasaki  J-League 1     Japan        5th                                                            None
2013        V-Varen Nagasaki  J-League 1     Japan        1st                       Domestic Title Winners, ACL Qualification
2014        V-Varen Nagasaki  J-League 1     Japan        1st   Domestic Title Winners, ACL Qualification, League Cup Winners
2015        V-Varen Nagasaki  J-League 1     Japan        ---                                           Resigned Nov. 5, 2015
2015-2016   VfB Stuttgart     1.Bundesliga Germany        9th                                                            None
2016-2017   VfB Stuttgart     1.Bundesliga Germany        3rd                             UEFA Champions League Qualification
2017-2018   VfB Stuttgart     1.Bundesliga Germany        3rd                                   UEFA Champions League Winners
2018-2019   VfB Stuttgart     1.Bundesliga Germany        1st     Domestic Title Winners, UEFA Champions League Qualification
2019-2020   VfB Stuttgart     1.Bundesliga Germany        1st     Domestic Title Winners, UEFA Champions League Qualification
2020-2021   VfB Stuttgart     1.Bundesliga Germany        1st     Domestic Title Winners, UEFA Champions League Qualification
[/font]

Vfb_Stuttgart.png

Season 2021-2022 Preview - 1.Bundesliga

Team Value: $499 million (2nd in Germany, 6th in the world)

1.Bundesliga Expectations: Win the 1.Bundesliga title

UEFA Champions League Expectation: reach Quarter-Final

German Cup Expectations: reach Final

Transfer Budget: $51million

Wage Budget: $94 million (currently spending $77,125,104)

Crazy Canuck Youth Player Project

VfB Stuttgart

2016 YP:

Kwadwo Sarpong - AMR/AML (Germany/Ghana)

Left Foot - Very Strong

Right Foot - Very Weak

PPMs - None

End of Season 4 - Profile

End of Season 5 - Profile | End of Season 5 - Coach Report

Notes: Went out on loan to another 2.Bundesliga club, Offenbach and did well again (14 apps, 1 goals, 3 assists, 3 man of the match, 7.51 rating)

2018 YP:

Marc Moritz - DC (Germany)

Left Foot - Weak

Right Foot - Very Strong

PPMs - none

Notes: Played in 1 game last season, scoring his 1st goal for the club. Hopefully I'll get him more games next year.

2019 YP:

Michael Addo - DR (Germany/Ghana)

Left Foot - Reasonable

Right Foot - Very Strong

PPMs - none

Notes: He'll stay in the U19s to develop, and might get a game or two next season.

2020 YP:

Michael Strobel - ST (Germany)

Left Foot - Very Weak

Right Foot - Very Strong

PPMs - none

Notes: Developing nicely, hopefully will improve again next year.

Vfb_Stuttgart.png

Friendly Cup: Results

Hosted by NK Dinamo in Croatia, we were also participating with Agrotikos Asteras (Greece) and Ankaragucu (Turkey). We easily defeated Asteras 4-1, and in the final, won the Friendly Cup with a 4-1 winover Ankaragucu.

Mercedes-Benz_logo.svg

Mercedes-Benz Super League

VfB Stuttgart are now hosting their 2nd Annual Mercedes-Benz Super League competition, to give Der VfB supporters a glimpse of the new Stuttgart players and youngsters, as well as see quality players from the other teams. Like last year, this year's competition features 2 English clubs and 1 Spanish club. The famed Manchester United FC, arguably the most well known football club on earth, Everton FC, winners of the 2010-2011 Premier League title, are participating this year, along with Spanish club Athletic Club Bilbao, a special club who only signs players of Basque origin.

In the end, Stuttgart prevailed in their 3 games and won the competition.

"We'll really proud to win the Mercedes-Benz Super League," said their manager Ricky Nakano, "it was overall a fantastic atmosphere. The fans supported this competition, from seeing the attendance figures. We would like to continue this. The fans get to see our team in early July, we get to play some serious games, and I believe this games are important, because they're all great teams with fantastic managers, and we can experiment with our tactics so when the season starts we will be ready to defend our Bundesliga title. It always nice to start the preseason with some wins to get confidence and set the winning tone for the 2021-2022 season."

Results

Competition History

2020 - Winners: Stuttgart

2021 - Winners: Stuttgart

Vfb_Stuttgart.png

2021 Summer Transfer Window Review

Not a very busy window this year.

Transfers (Transfers out: $28 million)

Jerry Teyssier - youngster uncontracted at FC Metz and I didn't have to pay any fee for him. Has very good potential according to my coaches and scouts

Júlio César - another very young Brazilian. I think he can be as good, if not better than Robert Bitana, which is why I loaned him to Santos

Gonzalo Higuaín - finally got him! Albeit, he's a little old now and I probably overpaid him, but if he can get us to win another Champions League, he will be worth it.

Stephen Maxwell - English wonderkid with a lot of potential.

Arthur Churkin - another Russian, but I think he can challenge for a spot on the Stuttgart and Russian national team rotation if he develops to his potential

As for transfers out, I sold or loaned out my Japanese flops, as well as releasing Steven Defour. Others who were sold weren't part of my long term plan, and the offer for Gustavo was too good to turn down for the former Wonderkid. David Fernandez Perez, Stefan Klinger and Kwadwo Sarpong were loaned out for 1st team experience, and as mentioned before, Robert Bitana loaned out to Santos because of Júlio César and I don't think I'll played him too much if he was at Stuttgart anyways.

-------

Champions League Group Stage

Not a horrible group. I've gotten players from both Liverpool and Villarreal so will be interesting how those games would result in.

Vfb_Stuttgart.png

2022 January Transfer Window Review

Transfers

No big names coming in...

Sergey Panov - another Russian. Not sure if he can be as good as Anton Ivanov but not liking the red down arrows...

Shipped Bitana out on loan again, sold Nagasawa who was already at Ardija, and loaned Marc Moritz to feeder club Cottbus.

---

Awards!!!

European Goalkeeper of the Year - Hugo Lloris - 2nd place

World Team of the Year - Hugo Lloris, Enea Colombo

---

European Adventure

Did well in the group stages, finishing 1st. Onto the 1st Knockout Round...

Champions League 1st Knockout Round

Well, if we're going to win the Champions League, we might as well defeat the most famous club in the world on the way...

Russia_football_association.png

2022 UEFA World Cup Qualifying

Qualified for World Cup

Results

Group Stage

Group 1 - Italy, Romania, Czech Republic, Montenegro, Cyprus, Armenia

Group 2 - England, Belarus, Ireland, Wales, Sweden, Andorra

Group 3 - Croatia, Switzerland, N. Ireland, Latvia, Iceland, Luxembourg

Group 4 - Denmark, Turkey, Slovakia, Moldova, Albania, Liechtenstein

Group 5 - Spain, Greece, Norway, Georgia, Georgia, San Marino, Kazakhstan

Group 6 - Austria, Slovenia, Poland, Germany (the effect of grey players...), Malta, Faroe Islands

Group 7 - Holland, Scotland, Hungary, Bulgaria, Azerbaijan, Lithuania

Group 8 - Russia, Serbia, Bosnia & Herz., Israel, FYR Macedonia

Group 9 - Portugal, Belgium, Finland, Ukraine, Estonia

2022 World Cup - Hosts: France

Group A - France, South Korea, South Africa, Romania

Group B - Algeria, Austria, USA, Italy

Group C - Uruguay, Japan, Spain, Holland

Group D - Australia, Turkey, Portugal, Peru

Group E - Iran, Denmark, Brazil, Mali

Group F - Ivory Coast, Paraguay, Mexico, Scotland

Group G - Belgium, Saudi Arabia, Ghana, Croatia

Group H - Canada, England, Ecuador, Russia

Interesting group. I'm going to face my home nation for the first time! :D

2024 European Championship Qualifying - Hosts: Sweden

Group A - San Marino, Scotland, Austria, Russia, Kazakhstan, Estonia

Group B - Azerbaijan, Lithuania, Holland, Belgium, Israel, Andorra

Group C - France, Luxembourg, Poland, Finland, Iceland

Group D - Italy, N. Ireland, Serbia, Bosnia & Herz., Moldova

Group E - Germany, Slovakia, Ukraine, Albania, Liechtenstein

Group F - Bulgaria, Georgia, Spain, Armenia, Czech Republic

Group G - Cyprus, Greece, FYR Macedonia, England, Belarus

Group H - Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Hungary, Montenegro, Hungary

Group I - Turkey, Ireland, Wales, Malta, Switzerland

Group J - Denmark, Latvia, Norway, Croatia, Faroe Islands

Straightforward group. We just have to win football games now.

Vfb_Stuttgart.png

Season 2021-2022 Review

1.Bundesliga Standings/1.Bundesliga Past Positions - Another year, another title. We gave up more goals, but I thought we were better this season than last season.

German Cup - Oh yeah, we advanced past the 2nd round this year! :cool:

UEFA Champions League:

Group Stage Knockout Stage

A solid 6 games in the group stages, meant we qualified for the 1st Knockout Round against Manchester United, who we defeated 1-0 in the 2nd leg. We defeated Juventus in the next round 4-1 on aggregate, 2-1 in 1st leg, and 2-0 in the 2nd leg.

Next came Genoa, and after a surprising win, we followed that up with a 2-1 win in Genoa to advance to the Final against Arsenal.

UEFA Champions League Final

Transfers - solid group of new signings, like 16 year old Jerry Teyssier, wonderkid Stephen Maxwell, and Julio Cesar. Gonzalo Higuain was a bit of a disappointment though.

Squad - My best squad ever with Stuttgart. More on the squad in an end of year summary of the players (update soon).

Finances - Champions League run helped the finances a bit.

Overview | Facilities | Staff | Affiliations

Goal complete - I'm now a Legend. :cool:

Awards

Lots of Awards. :)

Goals for next year:

• none - bring on FM11!!!

Career Summary

[font=Courier New]Year        Team              League       Country   Position                                                           Notes
2009        V-Varen Nagasaki  JFL            Japan        1st                                                       Promotion
2010        V-Varen Nagasaki  J-League 2     Japan        2nd                                                       Promotion
2011        V-Varen Nagasaki  J-League 1     Japan        3rd                                               ACL Qualification
2012        V-Varen Nagasaki  J-League 1     Japan        5th                                                            None
2013        V-Varen Nagasaki  J-League 1     Japan        1st                       Domestic Title Winners, ACL Qualification
2014        V-Varen Nagasaki  J-League 1     Japan        1st   Domestic Title Winners, ACL Qualification, League Cup Winners
2015        V-Varen Nagasaki  J-League 1     Japan        ---                                           Resigned Nov. 5, 2015
2015-2016   VfB Stuttgart     1.Bundesliga Germany        9th                                                            None
2016-2017   VfB Stuttgart     1.Bundesliga Germany        3rd                             UEFA Champions League Qualification
2017-2018   VfB Stuttgart     1.Bundesliga Germany        3rd                                   UEFA Champions League Winners
2018-2019   VfB Stuttgart     1.Bundesliga Germany        1st     Domestic Title Winners, UEFA Champions League Qualification
2019-2020   VfB Stuttgart     1.Bundesliga Germany        1st     Domestic Title Winners, UEFA Champions League Qualification
2020-2021   VfB Stuttgart     1.Bundesliga Germany        1st     Domestic Title Winners, UEFA Champions League Qualification
2021-2022   VfB Stuttgart     1.Bundesliga Germany        1st           Domestic Title Winners, UEFA Champions League Winners
[/font]

Vfb_Stuttgart.png

Season 2022-2023 Preview - 1.Bundesliga

Team Value: $627 million (1st in Germany, 3rd in the world)

1.Bundesliga Expectations: Win the 1.Bundesliga title

UEFA Champions League Expectation: reach Semi-Final

UEFA Super Cup: Win the Super Cup

German Cup Expectations: win Final

Transfer Budget: $76 million

Wage Budget: $134 million (currently spending $85,797,253)

Top 100 Richest Clubs as of July 1, 2022

World.jpg

World-2.jpg

World-3.jpg

World-4.jpg

Clubs in the Top 100

England - 15

Italy - 15

Germany - 13

Spain - 9

France - 7

Japan - 7

USA/Canada - 5

Holland - 4

Belgium - 4

Turkey - 3

Portugal - 3

Switzerland - 2

Ukraine - 2

Argentina - 2

Scotland - 1

Greece - 1

Saudi Arabia - 1

Uzbekistan - 1

Russia - 1

Mexico - 1

Brazil - 1

Qatar - 1

Romania - 1

WELL??? What happened to the World Cup??????????

Oops, I forgot about that... :p

I'll post that up within a couple days (have tests to worry about till Thursday...) before starting a FM11 career (although that's dependent on whether the xml files still work on FM11...)

FM '11 got you, didn't it? :D

Yeah it did. :p

Well, from what I remember (I only remember my group games), Canada beat England 1-0 despite absolute domination by the English (:D), but England managed to beat Ecuador and get a draw against us (Russia). We defeated Ecuador and Canada (4-0), while drawing England to win the group, but we lost to Belgium 2-1 in the Second Round.

I have to say that i have read all this thread and i thought it was awesome and you have done amazing job on your career and i think that you should be proud of that record that you have done as a manager.

In post #282 where did you get the logos from for man utd and england in the richest clubs because i have been looking for some and i could not find any of them.

I have to say that i have read all this thread and i thought it was awesome and you have done amazing job on your career and i think that you should be proud of that record that you have done as a manager.

In post #282 where did you get the logos from for man utd and england in the richest clubs because i have been looking for some and i could not find any of them.

Cheers mate. Glad you liked my FM10 career. Really proud of the stature that I have turned V-Varen Nagasaki and VfB Stuttgart into. :thup:

As for logos, I found them here.

They don't have every logo of every club, but they have a lot of logos of the major nations, and the top division logos of every league in the world (give or take a logo in Egypt or something).

Archived