[FM10] Crazy Canuck on Global Managerial Tour

rancer890

A great season rancer. :thup: I find it very funny that you get over $12mil for the domestic League Cup and pocket change for the international Pan-Pacific Championship. :D

Shame about the PSV job. Are you getting the urge to move on or are you going to wait for a dream job offer to come along?

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another great season rancer, it looks like Andre has become somewhat of an icon for your club and is only 24 years old - a phenomenal scoring and assist record. Having any trouble keeping hold of him?

No actually. I have interest in Juninho and Yanagisawa but no one is interested in Carlos Andre. It's been quite easy to retain him, but I'll have to fax him a new contract in a year, so I'll have to move some bodies to accommodate his new salary (I would say he wants, and deservedly so, wants to be our highest paid player, a distinction currently held by Takuya Aoki at $700k.)

A great season rancer. :thup: I find it very funny that you get over $12mil for the domestic League Cup and pocket change for the international Pan-Pacific Championship.

Shame about the PSV job. Are you getting the urge to move on or are you going to wait for a dream job offer to come along?

Americans are cheap that's why lol.

I'm at a stage where I would probably want to move - and bring Carlos Andre and Juninho with me. So it needs to be a relatively big club (but not too big :p) with the cash to purchase them. I'm mostly looking at Eredivisie clubs and one of the big 3 in Portugal. Although there's this Liverpool job that very insecure too...but from my current track record I don't think they're hire me right if clubs like PSV won't hire me.

Brilliant season rancer! You've done an amazing job in Japan, like DodgeeD said, is it time to move on or are you not interested? :)

I'm more leaning to moving on. I don't really have an option to stay. Here's why:

As my club gets better, the players are demanding a higher salary. Remember, the J-League is a cap league. I'll have to sell Yanagisawa or Kikuoka in a couple years because I'm having trouble staying under the cap. I had to loan and sell just to get under it this season. I'm letting all the impending free agents leave because I can't afford their wage anyore, and will probably leaning towards relying on youngsters in the near future.

I'll preferably want to leave before the inevitable turnover happens. And buy those Japanese players to lead my new club if they're good enough for that club and league. :p

I'll write up a youth report later (not YPPs, as some were not with the club from the beginning).

----

January 3, 2015

No new stadium, but at least an improvement in facilities. Hopefully we won't get crap youths anymore, and start the youth movement at V-Varen Nagasaki.

120px-V-VarenNagasaki.png

Season 2015 Preview - J-League One

Promotion Odds: 3-1 favourites to win the league

Team Value: $88 million (1st in Japan, 58th in the World)

J-League 1 TV Rights: $12.375 million

Expectations (J-League 1): Win it!

Expectations (League Cup): reach Final

Expectations (Emperor Cup): reach Final

Expectations (Pan Pacific Championship): Don't care

Expectations (Asian Champions League): Reach Quarter-Final

Expectations (Japanese Super Cup): Don't care

Transfer Budget: $42.5 million

Wage Budget: $6.5 million (currently spending $6,552,116)

-----

We also broke the average attendance record as 14,680 fans saw the team play this season, breaking the old record of 10,596 in 2013.

V-Varen Nagasaki up-and-coming Youths

Here are the up and coming young talents for V-Varen Nagasaki:

2012 YP:

Naoto Terada - DC/DR (Japan)

Left Foot - Weak

Right Foot - Very Strong

PPMs - None

End of Season 3 - Profile | End of Season 3 Coach Report

Notes: Doesn't really have a high ceiling, but he's solid. I'm retraining him at RB because he has some decent skills to be a good bench player. Has potential to be a good J-League 2 player, but I'm hoping for decent J-League 1 player.

2013 YP:

Masashi Ohtsuka - ST (Japan)

Left Foot - Very Weak

Right Foot - Very Strong

PPMs - Tries to play way out of trouble

End of Season 2 - Profile | End of Season 2 Coach Report

Notes: Surprisingly played a lot for the club because of injury crisis as the striker position. I'm not too sure about the comparison to Carlos Andre but if his teammates are correct I guess maybe I should keep him at the squad. Has decent J-League 1 potential.

2013:

Hiroshi Matsui - DL (Japan)

Left Foot - Very Strong

Right Foot - Reasonable

PPMs - none

End of Season 2 - Profile | End of Season 2 Coach Report

Notes: Signed last year from Kyoto Mantis (real name: Kyoto Purple Sanga). Has leading J-League 1 potential so I'll look forward to training him to be an elite player in this league.

2015 YP:

Takuya Kawashima - MC (Japan)

Left Foot - Very Strong

Right Foot - Weak

PPMs - None

Initial Profile | Initial Coach Report

Notes: A fantastic youth product with very good potential. I'm looking to sign him to a senior contract already.

soccer-canada.gif

Gold Cup 2015

Gold Cup Groups

----

World Rankings (as of January 14, 2015):

1st - Argentina

2nd - France

3rd - Uruguay

4th - Italy

5th - Chile

6th - Russia

7th - Spain

8th - Germany

9th - Canada

10th - Belgium

11th - Belarus

12th - Togo

13th - England

14th - Croatia

15th - Denmark

16th - Brazil

17th - Ukraine

18th - U.S.A.

19th - Holland

20th - Nigeria

21st - Colombia

22nd - Slovakia

23rd - Senegal

24th - Scotland

25th - Serbia

26th - Algeria

27th - Portugal

28th - Greece

29th - Bosnia & Herz.

30th - Paraguay

31st - Mexico

32nd - Montenegro

33rd - Ireland

34th - Hungary

35th - Turkey

-------------------

Notables

41st - N. Ireland

47th - S. Korea

50th - Fiji!!

54th - Japan

63rd - Australia

64th - New Zealand

67th - N. Korea

71st- Austria

90th - Indonesia

106th - China

127th - Central African Republic

146th - Hong Kong

208th (last) - Sao Tome & Principe

N/A (worst than last? :p) - Guadeloupe

soccer-canada.gif

February 11, 2015

Martinique vs Canada

Overview and Match Stats

Team Stats

So, not the domination that I expected. Other than the de Jong goal, Martinique really played us tough. This game saw a couple Canadians make their international debut: Jason Hattrell and Samuele Carli. We have no friendlies arranged before the Gold Cup in June but that could change. I'll update if we have arranged a friendly with another country as I would like to get another friendly in before the competition.

Another fantastic season rancer and some great looking youth players coming through. Andre's goal scoring rate is awesome! No pressure for the new season then with the board wanting the league and finals of the cup.

V-Varen Nagasaki Off-season 2015

Transfers

We mainly went for signings for the future, considering we're still very close to the cap.

Takashi Yoshihara - signed from Ome Asteriods/Fagiano on a free. He's young and talented so I hope he'll be a good player for us. Has potential to be as good as Naoto Takahashi.

Shingo Takeoka - signed from Fukuoka Blaze of J-League 2. The Fukuoka native has a very high ceiling and certainly one to look out for in the future.

Yoshitaka Hashimoto - signed from Lampo Sendai of the JFL. He doesn't have a very high ceiling, probably decent J-League 1 potential at most, but he's the defender with the most potential on the current youth squad, which isn't saying a lot. :p

I'm also very excited to have Rodrigo join the club later in the season. I'm looking to sell Romulo now, even though he's a pretty good wage packet and controlled for a few years. Or maybe Kikuoka again...Or Masushima earning $400k as a rotation player. But as you all know I've dealt with salary caps for a while so I'll figure out a way to fit everyone under the wage cap.

Yokotake and Iwata were released on a free to get some cap room, and Kawashima was sold since he was old and earning $600k.

Another fantastic season rancer and some great looking youth players coming through. Andre's goal scoring rate is awesome! No pressure for the new season then with the board wanting the league and finals of the cup.

No pressure at all. Just take it one game at a time and win that game. :D

Cracking stuff here.

Cheers. And nice to see you back playing in Japan. :)

BTW, Shamrock Rovers have been toying around 5th and 7th in most of the years in my save. Except 2009, when they finished 3rd.

No pressure at all. Just take it one game at a time and win that game. :D

Cheers. And nice to see you back playing in Japan. :)

BTW, Shamrock Rovers have been toying around 5th and 7th in most of the years in my save. Except 2009, when they finished 3rd.

You need to sort that out and lead us to glory :D

Yeah c'mon rancer, find a new team! Your becoming a Man Utd (well when they were constantly winning the league :p)... Whats your reputation?

I'm trying to, but I'm not gonna resign just for the sake of finding a new one...I'll take winning the league every single year over taking a random job. I have unfinished business in the Asian Champions League anyways.

Profile - I've been linked to replace Mourinho at Inter and frontrunner to get the Ajax job if (and that's a horribly big IF) the current manager leaves at the end of June. I would say yes to either of those jobs.

Ex-players as managers/coaches... :

• Ronaldinho - manager - Toluca
  • Alan Shearer - manager - Everton
  • Ryan Giggs - manager - Nottingham Forest
  • Gary Neville - manager - Nagoya Grampus Eight
  • Phil Neville - manager - Watford
  • Nicky Butt - unemployed manager/coach - former Brighton manager, former Plymouth coach - I just offered him a coaching contract :p
  • Paul Scholes - youth coach - Trabzonspor - former Newcastle youth coach
  • Ruud Van Nisterooy - youth coach - Kaiserslautern
  • Patrick Viera - coach - Stuttgart
  • Thierry Henry - youth coach - Fiorentina
  • Freddie Ljungberg - unemployed manager
  • Michael Owen - manager - Hearts
  • David Trezeguet - manager - France
  • Lilian Thurman - youth coach - Havre AC
  • Francesco Totti - coach - Chievo

Many are entering the end of their careers so hope to report on this in a couple years. In game a couple years of course. :)

2015 Gold Cup

concacafgoldcup2009.png

There was trouble heading into the Gold Cup, because my goalkeeper Alex Hart was injured. So basically we had to rely on Dalibor Mitrovic the entire tourney and hope he doesn't get injured...

Group Stage

2 wins and a draw were good enough to top the group and advance past the group stage. The first game against Trinidad & Tobago was solid, winning 1-0. The second game was against Netherlands Antilles, but it was a disappointment, with a 0-0 result, which meant we needed points against Costa Rica in the last game. It was a bittersweet victory, winning 3-0, but losing strikers Josh Simpson AND Simeon Jackson was a tough one, not to mention losing Julian De Guzman to suspension...

Quarter-final - vs Martinique - W 1-0 - We faced these guys earlier in the year, winning 1-0, and did the same this time around. A tough opponent, they hung in there till the 67th when Hoilett found enough space from the Martinique defense to score the only goal of the game. With this, we meet expectations of reaching the Semi-Final

Semi-final - vs Guatemala - W 1-0 - We got a bit of a lucky draw, considering that the other semi-final was Mexico vs USA...the result wasn't exactly impressive, but a win is a win. Mexico defeated USA so we're facing them in the Final.

Final - vs Mexico - L 0-3 - I really don't have too many complaints. Mexico were the better team. But reaching the Final was a good step in this tournament to prepare for CONCACAF World Cup Qualifying and WC2018 in China (yes China...it's bound to happen IRL one day anyways :p) where I expect to be there with the Canadian national team.

----

Gold Cup Dream Team

Nice to see David Edgar made it. It's nice to have a player of his talents with Canada. :)

----

We have 3 more friendlies before the end of the year:

August 12: at Croatia

September 9: at Belgium

November 18: vs Japan

And I'll probably plan a couple more friendlies against Asian opposition (S. Korea, China, and Australia) in between the WCQ matches next year.

And in regards to job openings, those Inter/Ajax offers stopped. Because the current managers signed new contracts. :(

I don't mind staying, but like most players who have the itch to further their career, I'm considering my options. I want to win the Asian Champions League with V-Varen Nagasaki first though, which might push my reputation over the top to get a good job in Europe (and only Europe. MLS would be just treading water at this stage of my career tbh).

Well done in the Gold Cup mate! Its a shame that the Dream Team was 10 of Mexico and USA and one from another country (You). But really who else is going to start challenging Mexico and USA for the top spots in CONCAF. Have China actually ever made a serious bid for the World Cup?

Well done in the Gold Cup mate! Its a shame that the Dream Team was 10 of Mexico and USA and one from another country (You). But really who else is going to start challenging Mexico and USA for the top spots in CONCAF. Have China actually ever made a serious bid for the World Cup?

Well IRL, Mexico and USA are the dominant CONCACAF countries, so it's no surprise. Edgar was my best player in the Gold Cup and we don't have any stars. I'm doing a good job with what I have but it's always going to be an uphill climb against those 2 nations.

I think China will get a World Cup eventually. They certainly have the infrastructure and facilities (well the facilities in Beijing at least). Beijing Worker's stadium fits 50k+ and most CSL stadiums can fit 30k+ and I guess with stadium expansions they can accommodate 50k too. Main thing is to improve the quality of play in the CSL. The league is a bit rough and players a bit undisciplined. If they can get a star, they can improve the presence of football in China, like Yao Ming did for the popularity of basketball in China. But right now they can't consistently beat S. Korean and Japanese teams so a World Cup bid IRL is still very much down the road.

Good to see Giggsy at Forest, I just hope he can take us back up to the Prem where we belong :D.

A fantastic performance in the Gold Cup, just unlucky in the final. Let's hope you can qualify for the World Cup in China. As you say, it's gotta happen some day considering the growing economy and massive financial rewards it can bring.

Cheers Raware and DodgeeD.

Sadly, no great regens, but we have a lot of our core players are quite young IRL (late teens/early 20s) so the squad just entering their prime. I really have no idea how this squad managed to get to 4th place in a World Cup! :p

I hope TFC can sign some foreigners (like Brazilians) who can gain Canadian citizenship so I can call them up. I have gotten some new Canadian citizens from USL clubs Montreal and Vancouver but they're not that great. Hopefully in a few FMs down the road I can get some better players as they're be 3 MLS clubs to choose players from. :)

A lot depends on youth players coming through. Playing at TFC on 10.2, I got a youth intake every year but the season after updating to 10.3, I got nothing...

Cuz they fixed that issue in the final patch. We don't get youth intakes IRL ya know. We rely on the draft.

Which makes my job slightly harder...the best I could do is sign Canadian coaches and hope one or two come through the V-Varen youth system.

August 12, 2015

Croatia vs Canada

Croatia 4-0 Canada

Match Ratings

A really bad game. Julian De Guzman and Dejan Jakovic were ruled out because of injury. I recalled some new players, although I only played one of them, Patrick Carr, an American who gained citizenship playing with Vancouver in the USL. The Croatians basically attacked from the start and we couldn't handle them. We made several mental mistakes and couldn't recover from them. I'll probably keep experimenting in the upcoming friendlies against Belgium (Sept. 9) and Japan (Nov. 18), getting new players in to get their first caps.

----

We have a lot of players at CSL clubs. I think after I leave Japan, I'll be 'heavily' investing in the facilities of Canadian clubs to improve their youth intakes. :)

Well, there are academies now.

IIRC, Houston has signed 2 or 3 players out of their academy.

I know but clubs don't sign players every year. FC Dallas signed 3 a week or two ago. DC United started the whole academy thing by signing a GK out of their academy as well (Bill Hamid iirc). I haven't heard any signings from TFC Academy though. :(

Teams have 2 roster spots especially for academy players, and they don't count against the cap. Hope SI reads this and can implement the MLS youth academy stuff properly.

Yeah, I was thinking you might have to do a limited intake, like only 1 or 2 players every year.

But then again, you don't have to sign every player out of your youth intake. (well, my youth intake is usually crap players so I hardly ever sign any of them. :D)

Yeah, I was thinking you might have to do a limited intake, like only 1 or 2 players every year.

But then again, you don't have to sign every player out of your youth intake. (well, my youth intake is usually crap players so I hardly ever sign any of them. :D)

That might be a decent workaround for FM11.

Or something better would be to have all the academies in the game and somehow link the academy to the senior team. Because in FM10 there's TFC Academy but there are only grey players on the team all the time. TFC and TFC Academy shouldn't be treated as separate clubs in FM11 imo.

When these players are old enough to sign professional contracts, they should sign 'homegrown' contracts so their salary doesn't count against the cap and don't take up a valuable roster spot.

And one thing I hope happens is if the MLS gets better from dynamic reputation, the salary cap also increases along with minimum and maximum wages.

That might be a decent workaround for FM11.

Or something better would be to have all the academies in the game and somehow link the academy to the senior team. Because in FM10 there's TFC Academy but there are only grey players on the team all the time. TFC and TFC Academy shouldn't be treated as separate clubs in FM11 imo.

Yeah, they should be treated more like the Spanish "B" and German reserve teams. Maybe with a hardcoding of "must have 19 U-19 players" or something like that. For most people, they're going to be in an unplayable league anyway.

When these players are old enough to sign professional contracts, they should sign 'homegrown' contracts so their salary doesn't count against the cap and don't take up a valuable roster spot.

And one thing I hope happens is if the MLS gets better from dynamic reputation, the salary cap also increases along with minimum and maximum wages.

Would be nice, but I'm not sure how well the economy is simulated to begin with.

I know SI has to hardcode a lot of the MLS rules because they're so different, but the academy slots on the senior roster could be in along with all the rest of the rules.

Yeah, they should be treated more like the Spanish "B" and German reserve teams. Maybe with a hardcoding of "must have 19 U-19 players" or something like that. For most people, they're going to be in an unplayable league anyway.

FM already has that for some youth teams. That would be a good addition to TFC Academy and other MLS youth teams.

Would be nice, but I'm not sure how well the economy is simulated to begin with.

I know SI has to hardcode a lot of the MLS rules because they're so different, but the academy slots on the senior roster could be in along with all the rest of the rules.

The new CBA that the MLS and MLSPA signed allows the cap to be increased (don't remember the exact amount) as well as minimum wage over the duration of the contract.

I find some info here (found an article on the actual CBA on mlsplayers.org until I realized it was the old one that expired this January) which can be used as a basic starting point for increases in the salary cap and player salaries. I remember there was an MLS thread on GQ last year and with all the new rules and stuff that need to be implemented in the game. I think a new one needs to be posted again this year so SI don't implement any of the new rules incorrectly. :p

November 6, 2015

Vfb_Stuttgart.png

With the promises of a $6.25 million transfer budget (or around $40 million less than at V-Varen Nagasaki) and a $74 million wage budget (or around $67.5 million more than at V-Varen Nagasaki), Ricky Nakano has decided to leave the city of Nagasaki he called home for over 6 years to move to Stuttgart and manage at the Mercedes-Benz Arena. He leaves V-Varen Nagasaki fighting for 1st to take over a Stuttgart club fighting relegation. The unfortunate thing is that Nakano will miss out on the Asian Champions League Final match against Uzbek club FC Bunyodkor (really really sad about that tbh..)

"It is a new chapter in my managerial career," Nakano told the Japanese and German media from his Nagasaki home, "I really love V-Varen Nagasaki, but I want to prove my skills in Europe. Stuttgart is a fantastic club. They have a winning tradition. You don't win 5 Bundesliga titles without being pretty good. They also won Europa League in 2013 and the German Cup in 2014, so they have had recent success. Of course, the current league table doesn't lie, and they're not doing so well, but Mr. Staudt trusts my abilities and I don't want to let him, the club, and the supporters down. The first task is to get them out of relegation and back on track. I'm ambitious and would like to get the club back into the Champions League or Europa League but it's important not to get ahead of ourselves."

"My number one goal when I officially join the club is to examine the players on the squad and find a way to get some wins. I'll prefer to take this one game at a time to familiarize myself with the squad. I don't have any major expectations as of now. I just want to get the club away from the relegation zone and move up the table as soon as possible."

-----

I will do a player analysis of the squad later. First off, one long post to talk about my tenure with V-Varen Nagasaki. :)

THE TRIBUTE

December 24, 2008-November 6, 2015

Officially, I would have been at V-Varen Nagasaki for 2508 days. The club was the one of the few that wanted to take a chance on a guy with no managerial experience, and a foreigner nonetheless. I knew Chinese, Cantonese, English, and French, but no Japanese. It was going to be a challenge just to first learn the language to direct players what to do...

I remember when I was trying to sign enough players to make up the squad. My first signing was a Korean/Japanese GK by the name of Park Tae-Hi. He wasn't really that good, but he was a goalkeeper at least. The second was a North Korean MC named Lee Kwan-Myong. He lasted longer than Park Tae-Hi, but he just wasn't good enough in J-League 2, and he's now retired too. Now, the third signing is probably the most famous V-Varen Nagasaki player - ever - and he's no other than Carlos Andre. He was at the club from the beginning. Part of me wants him to stay at V-Varen Nagasaki at all costs, because he was the one to lead the club to where they are now, but another part wants him to come to Stuttgart. I'm not too sure, but regardless, he is a legend at the club who scored from the Japanese Football League all the way to the top flight Japanese league, and seemed to just get better and better. I don't exactly remember how I got him, it was probably the Ass Man's recommendation from Backroom Advice that I found him. He wasn't my first target actually. There was another Brazilian that I wanted that looked better, but I couldn't afford his wage demands. At the time, Carlos Andre only wanted a contract around $35,000 per year, while others wanted more than double that, sometimes asking for 6 figures. We didn't have any money back then obviously, so just to avoid any potential financial difficulties I signed the 19 year old. All he did was lead the club to back to back promotions, and the rest is history. :)

Since I will always dedicate an entire post to Carlos Andre, I will talk about other things. Like my loyalty to my players. Back in the JFL, and also the J-League 2, we couldn't afford wages, so the only other alternative was to get loans. And mostly, I always got the same players, unless other clubs bought them, but otherwise in the JFL, J-League 2, and also the first couple seasons in J-League 1, I loaned the same players. I eventually signed most of them to permanent contracts, although some have already left the club. A couple key players who are still at the club to this very day are also foreigners, Juninho and Romulo, and another is Japanese, Shin Yanagisawa. They formed the nucleus of the club and the exciting thing is that they're all only 22 or 23 years old. Other players I have loaned or have been at the club for a while include: Shota Tamura GK (6th year with club - signed when I was in J-League 2), Naoto Takahashi (7th year with club - someone I always loaned, until I signed him on a permanent transfer), Takuya Aoki (4th year with club - I had him on loan while in the JFL and J-League 2 before he got sold to Kashima Antlers in 2011, and signed him again in 2014), Shingo Nejime DM/MC (5th year with club, but I won't resign him - not too sure about the next manager), Sho Hanai MC (6th year with club - although he leave on a free to FC Tokyo next season), and Kazuya Kikuoka ST (5th year with club - chairman sold him over my head for $1.9 million, bounced around a few teams, and then got him back for $2 million. But the interesting thing is that if the chairman never sold Kikuoka I probably wouldn't have signed Yanagisawa...).

I would prefer not to buy any of the players, because I don't want to ruin their success and want them to keep winning titles and challenging for the ACL title, but if clubs are making bids and they're accepting, I will bid as well. And if they're running out of contract, I'll try and sign them too.

My time with V-Varen Nagasaki was probably the most exciting 6 in-game years I've ever had. I will definitely come back if I have the opportunity - if not in this career - then definitely in FM11. I might get a real life Carlos Andre V-Varen Nagasaki number 11 shirt if I find where to buy it. :)

---

So that's that. It's been a wonderful time being at the club, but I want a challenge in Europe, and Germany is where I want to go, as well as the club, I want to manage at Stuttgart. :)

Looking at everything at the club, here's some things I'm learned

• they're not as good as I thought...
  • they have their medical team - literally I count 8 physios - sacked 3 of them for now...
  • 4 youth coaches - 2 which are horribly crap (I sacked them both)
  • 4 GK coaches - 2 which are horribly crap (I sacked them both)
  • wanted to sack both 1st team coaches, but could only sack one because the other wanted $1.5 million in compensation. No way I'm giving you that much up front!
  • a fitness coach has a fitness problem - bye bye!
  • 34 million and losing at least 2 million a month. According to my maths we'll be in debt after around 1.5 years. Time to sort that part out in the January transfer window! :p
  • did I say we're kinda crap?

Well, other than that, we're fine.

We have the likes of Sami Khedira, Jefferson Farfan, and Zdravko Kuzmanovic, as well as Canadian Dalibor Mitrovic, but the rest of the squad are pretty much horrible. Either too old for my tastes or can't play 1.Bundesliga football...

It must've been a rench to leave V-Vagen Nagasaki after such success and especially knowing that you're going to miss the ACL final. You've done a great job there and must surely be on their favourite list? Only time will tell whether a move to Germany was a good idea ;). Good luck at Stuttgart rancer :thup:.

Interesting move to Stuttgart. Sounds like they are in a similar state to my Sevilla team with the aging players and no strength in depth. Still, reviving their fortunes will be a good challenge. It was getting too easy for you in Japan ;)

It must've been a rench to leave V-Vagen Nagasaki after such success and especially knowing that you're going to miss the ACL final. You've done a great job there and must surely be on their favourite list? Only time will tell whether a move to Germany was a good idea ;). Good luck at Stuttgart rancer.

Cheers Raware. yes but I'm really happy for them. Champions of Asia :)

Interesting move to Stuttgart. Sounds like they are in a similar state to my Sevilla team with the aging players and no strength in depth. Still, reviving their fortunes will be a good challenge. It was getting too easy for you in Japan ;)

Cheers DodgeeD. If I stayed a year longer, it was gonna get a little hard because I was already having a lot of trouble keeping everyone under the cap. :p

Good luck in the new chapter of your career rancer! Looking forward to seeing the outcome of the Carlos Andre dilemma.

Cheers. I don't think Carlos Andre has 1.Bundesliga quality though (he's only good 2.Bundesliga quality)...maybe Yanagisawa but he's always been inconsistent for me...btw new manager for V-Varen Nagasaki is Damian Duff, but he decided to revert back to a 4-4-2 formation strangely...

Couldn't you have delayed the offer for a week and played the ACL final? :D

Wait, your telling me Damian Duff has taken over V-Varen, played one game and won the Champions League...? Them cheeky Irish! :p

Some of you probably couldn't tell, but I already delayed a week. When they came back a week later there was no option to delay. Either join us or reject the offer. :(

I know eh, and he might get the domestic title too! :p

The interesting thing is that I signed him on May 5, 2015 as a coach, and now he's the manager 6 months later!

soccer-canada.gif

Rest of 2015

Croatia 4-0 Canada

Belgium 5-1 Canada

Canada 2-1 Japan

Sorry in advance for not posting game-by-game, I wasn't really pleased losing by 4...the Croatians and Belgians were just bigger, faster, and better than us, to sum everything up in a sentence. It wasn't really helped by the fact that we were losing our key players to injuries. It was nice beating Japan though, even though they were all grey players. :)

NTS for next year: don't arrange away friendlies against very good European opposition. :p

We've slipped down the World Rankings and are now in 19th. Still best of CONCACAF though. In my next game, I'll be managing the national team in 2015 - and will try and arrange more home games.

V-Varen Nagasaki Legend - Carlos Andre

Date of Birth: 23/05/1990

Place of Birth: Salvador (BA), Brazil

End of Season 1 - Profile

End of Season 2 - Profile

End of Season 3 - Profile

End of Season 4 - Profile

End of Season 5 - Profile

End of Season 6 - Profile

End of Season 7 - Profile

Year               Club      League    Country     Games     Goals    Assists  MoM    Rating
2007   Vitoria         2nd Division     Brazil      0          0         0       0      0.00
2008   Vitoria         1st Division     Brazil      0          0         0       0      0.00
2009   Vitoria         1st Division     Brazil      0          0         0       0      0.00
2009   V-Varen Nagasaki         JFL      Japan     44 (3)     28        24      16      7.76
2010   V-Varen Nagasaki  J-League 2      Japan     54 (1)     26        23      14      7.48
2011   V-Varen Nagasaki  J-League 1      Japan     37 (2)     32        10       9      7.56
2012   V-Varen Nagasaki  J-League 1      Japan     41 (9)     22        12       8      7.25
2013   V-Varen Nagasaki  J-League 1      Japan     43 (3)     24         7      14      7.38
2014   V-Varen Nagasaki  J-League 1      Japan     48 (1)     35        12      13      7.53
2015   V-Varen Nagasaki  J-League 1      Japan     54 (3)     37        14      14      7.49
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Career Totals                                    321 (22)    204       102      88      7.49

Awards:

• 2009: JFL Most Valuable Player
  • 2009: JFL Best Eleven
  • 2009: JFL Top Goalscorer
  • 2009: Supporters Player of the Year
  • 2010: J-League 2 Top Goalscorer (3rd place)
  • 2010: Supporters Player of the Year
  • 2011: J-League 1 Most Valuable Player
  • 2011: J-League 1 Best Eleven
  • 2011: J-League 1 Top Goalscorer (1st place)
  • 2011: J-League All-Star
  • 2011: Supporters Player of the Year
  • 2012: J-League All-Star
  • 2012: Supporters Player of the Year
  • 2013: Asian All-Star XI
  • 2013: Supporters Player of the Year
  • 2014: J-League 1 Top Goalscorer (2nd place)
  • 2014: J-League Best Eleven
  • 2014: J-League 1 Most Valuable Player
  • 2014: Asian All-Star XI
  • 2015: Asian All- Star XI

Winners' Medals:

• 2009: JFL Champions
  • 2013: J-League 1 Champions
  • 2014: J-League 1 Champions
  • 2014: Japanese Super Cup Winners
  • 2014: Japanese League Cup Winners
  • 2015: Japanese Super Cup Winners
  • 2015: Japanese League Cup Winners
  • 2015: Asian Champions League Winners
  • 2015: J-League 1 Champions
  • 2015: Japanese Emperor's Cup Winners

Vfb_Stuttgart.png

January Transfer Window Summary

Transfers

Overall, a very very busy transfer for me, selling players and finding their replacements. And I haven't even gotten to the future transfers part.

New signings:

Zhang Yibin - he's not a superstar, but he's Asian and Chinese, so I signed him :p

Carlos Marquez - someone I've been looking at for 2 years, and finally signed him. But I was really in realizing I can't play him till July 1 because he already played for Palmeiras and Elfsborg this season...

Denilson - signed on loan from the Gunners, paying the remainder of his salary (~$1.7 million) with a $4 million loan clause, which I will certainly activate if he impresses the rest of the season

Hernanes - signed on loan from Man Citeh. He also has a release clause of $6.5 million, but Man Citeh and us are splitting the remainder of his salary, so he's technically making $7 million this year, but we're only spending $1.8 million on salary, with the Premier League club paying the other half. I have no intention of giving a 30 year old $7 million (at least $3-$4 million) but I'll see what he does for us the rest of the season.

Jason Harris - signed on loan from Liverpool. We won't pay too much salary for him ($275k the rest of the year) but he's really only a rotation player for us. Has a $5 million release clause but I probably won't activate it (I just almost always negotiate one just in case).

Felix Lange - a very expensive $3 million signing from Werder Bremen, but my scouts really rate him highly. He'll be a millionaire when he turns 17 ($1.8 million a year contract for 5 years) but I hope he can live up to my expectations.

Chicao - a good bargain signing of $1.2 million from Barca and the wage demands weren't even outrageous compared to some 15 year old who wants to be a millionaire. He's dubbed the new Amauri.

Emmanuel Adebayor - yeah that Adebayor...he won't be an impact striker but at least he's better than Pogrebnyak...no release clause because I don't want him after this season anyways

I also got rid of 12 players (1 released, 11 sold) as Stuttgart manager, getting a grand total of $20.5 million. They were all fringe players or players who wanted to leave the club, so I sold them at their value or slightly greater than their value, or if they were wingers and didn't fit into my tactic. I also did business with Damian Duff and V-Varen Nagasaki. :)

We lost a lot of depth by selling alot, but I'm making way for a few signings come July 1st:

Robert Bitana - good 1.Bundesliga striker potential. I'm looking to gather a bunch of young strikers at relatively low cost to eventually replace the current ones.

Steven Defour - needs no introduction :p

Kelly - another one with leading 1.Bundesliga ceiling. Been looking at him since I was at V-Varen Nagasaki so I'm confident in his abilities.

James Okpara - scouts don't seem too high on him but I'm really exciting about acquiring this player who has been fantastic in Russia and France, so I hope he can do the same in Germany.

And as you can tell, we're now in 8th. I'm still aiming for Europe but I'll take things one game at a time...

Archived