[FM10] Crazy Canuck on Global Managerial Tour

rancer890

Cheers CoachFlu and Swifty. That's exactly the strategy I'm planning. It's not a lost season though, as you can tell by the loans. My expectation is to get a Europa League spot. We're bleeding a lot of money every month and some income from Europe next year would be nice.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vfb_Stuttgart.png

Season 2015-2016 Review

1.Bundesliga Standings/1.Bundesliga Past Positions - Even though I wasn't with the club, I'm still a little disappointed with 9th place and not going to Europe. We just didn't win enough games seeing that we're tied for the league lead in draws.

German Cup - wasn't my fault we lost, but still very ugly loss, losing to a team even below the regional divisions...

Transfers - Of all of my signings, the ones that stand out are Denilson and Hernanes. I would like to sign both on permanent contracts if they're wage demands aren't too outrageous. I'm more leaning to getting Denilson because of his lower fee ($4 million) and he's a bit younger, and I already have 3 players signed on a free coming in July that play the exact same position anyways. If either of them don't want to sign a permanent contract, I'll just move on and find other players.

Squad - We have a solid squad which will only get better next year since I'll be with the club from the beginning. Serdar Tasci, Sami Khedira, Zdravko Kuzmanovic, and Alex Smithies are the core that I'm looking to expand in the summer transfer window.

Finances - We did make a profit in the end even if we were bleeding $3-$5 million a month.

Awards

• None

Goals for next year:

• qualify for Europe!
  • Lower wages if possible
  • sell/loan surplus players
  • sack more useless coaches/physios

Career Summary

[font=Courier New]Year        Team              League       Country   Position                                                           Notes
2009        V-Varen Nagasaki  JFL            Japan        1st                                                       Promotion
2010        V-Varen Nagasaki  J-League 2     Japan        2nd                                                       Promotion
2011        V-Varen Nagasaki  J-League 1     Japan        3rd                                               ACL Qualification
2012        V-Varen Nagasaki  J-League 1     Japan        5th                                                            None
2013        V-Varen Nagasaki  J-League 1     Japan        1st                       Domestic Title Winners, ACL Qualification
2014        V-Varen Nagasaki  J-League 1     Japan        1st   Domestic Title Winners, ACL Qualification, League Cup Winners
2015        V-Varen Nagasaki  J-League 1     Japan        ---                                           Resigned Nov. 5, 2015
2015-2016   VfB Stuttgart     1.Bundesliga Germany        9th                                                            None
[/font]

soccer-canada.gif

CONCACAF 2018 World Cup Qualifying

After easily deposing Guyana 4-0 on aggregate in the First Phase (Second Round), we move on to the Second Round of the tournament

Second Phase

There are no guarantees in life, but as long as we're not complacent, we should advance to the Third and final Phase of qualifying.

Vfb_Stuttgart.png

Season 2016-2017 Preview - 1.Bundesliga

Media Prediction: 9th

Team Value: $104 million (8th in Germany, 49th in the world)

1.Bundesliga TV Rights: $15,783,000

1.Bundesliga Expectations: Top half finish

German Cup Expectations: Reach Quarter-Final

Transfer Budget: $10.25 million

Wage Budget: $74 million (spending $56,557,471)

Crazy Canuck Youth Player Project

V-Varen Nagasaki:

2015 YP:

Takuya Kawashima - MC (Japan)

Left Foot - Very Strong

Right Foot - Weak

PPMs - None

Initial Profile | Initial Coach Report

End of Season 1 - Profile

Notes: Nice season from a 16 year old. Won't bring him over to Stuttgart but I'll monitor his progress. And a little update, he's moved clubs (Hamamatsu Rafale/ real name - Yamaha FC)

2016 YP:

Kwadwo Sarpong - AMR/AML (Germany/Ghana)

Left Foot - Very Strong

Right Foot - Very Weak

PPMs - None

Notes: excited by this prospect. Going to sign him on a permanent contract immediately and re-training him as a MC. Might play him in a cup game or two but will mostly play in the U19 team/Stuttgart II.

rancer: I'm not quite getting the jist of this Youth Player Project? Are you bringing through one every year that looks the best and trying to make them as good as possible?

Neppo's Youth Player Project

This thread is basically why I keep tabs with my talented youths. NepentheZ started this when FM08 was out and I've been keeping tabs with my youths ever since. :)

And it's been a rather exciting transfer window so far, even if I haven't gotten the results I wanted (it's hard to compete for the signature of a player with the likes of Manchester United and Inter Milan :( )

Neppo's Youth Player Project

This thread is basically why I keep tabs with my talented youths. NepentheZ started this when FM08 was out and I've been keeping tabs with my youths ever since. :)

And it's been a rather exciting transfer window so far, even if I haven't gotten the results I wanted (it's hard to compete for the signature of a player with the likes of Manchester United and Inter Milan :( )

Ah right okay, I kinda got the jist before hand. But I get it know :p Cheers kidda.

Vfb_Stuttgart.png

Season 2016-2017 Summer Transfer Window Review

It was a relatively entertaining (so to speak :p) summer transfer window period. First off, the overall list of transfers:

Transfers

Once again, a lot of turnover at the club, to hope to get back to Europe asap. Now, all the signings:

Ahmet Aydin - nothing more than a future backup, but we don't have any decent goalkeepers at the club so we might need him in a year or two as backup in the first team

Robert Bitana - young striker with a lot of potential. He'll stay with the U19's/Stuttgart II for a season before loaning him out for 1st team experience

James Okpara - He'll play right back for us. He has a future with us at only 23 and is quality.

Steven Defour - my key signing of the summer. He's an integral part of my midfield.

Kelly - another prospect with fantastic potential. I'll treat him the same way as Bitana so he can get used to living in Germany.

Pontus Wernbloom - signed for his versatility. A veteran who can do an adequate job when he's needed

Yacouba Kamissoko - a bargain at $900k. Another fantastic young player for the future.

Gregory Sertic - decent signing. He can also play several positions. Another bench player.

Dentinho - probably the most exciting signing I've made since he was signed for FREE!!! $0!!! AS Monaco seemed desperate to get rid of him and we won the bidding war for his services (we were up against Werder Bremen). $5 million is a lot, as well as the $6 million signing bonus, but considering we got on a free it was worth it and saved me some time finding a striker this off-season.

Michael Rensing - signed as a cheap backup to my new number 1 goalkeeper, Canadian Dalibor Mitrovic. As you can tell I sold the former #1 goalkeeper...more on that later.

Bjorn Lepper - signed for left back depth because I might transfer some players later, but I didn't....

It was also important to get some much needed funds back into the coffers, with 4 players leaving for $21 million. I also loaned out left back Ralf Thorn and Carlos Marquez for first team experience so they can play high level of football (well, higher than playing in the Regional Divisions with Stuttgart II).

Not a bad season rancer but not really your fault as you joined halfway through the season. Just to let you know, the link to the final table shows it in February, not the end of the season...just so you know :p. Let's hope you can do better in your first full season.

Not a bad season rancer but not really your fault as you joined halfway through the season. Just to let you know, the link to the final table shows it in February, not the end of the season...just so you know :p. Let's hope you can do better in your first full season.

Cheers Raware. And fixed. :p

soccer-canada.gif

CONCACAF 2018 World Cup Qualifying

Second Phase Standings

Canada 1-0 Trinidad & Tobago

Costa Rica 0-1 Canada

Canada 1-0 Haiti

Trinidad & Tobago 0-2 Canada

Canada 3-0 Costa Rica

Haiti 2-1 Canada

Other than the horrible loss against Haiti where I played my 'B' team, it was good. Now the final phase: Third Phase

I would be happy to finish 3rd. Every game will be crucial, although I have to have my 'A' game against Honduras. I really hope 2 of my strikers find clubs soon or else we'll be short on decent strikers...

V-Varen Nagasaki Legend - Carlos Andre

Date of Birth: 23/05/1990

Place of Birth: Salvador (BA), Brazil

End of Season 2 - Profile

End of Season 3 - Profile

End of Season 4 - Profile

End of Season 5 - Profile

End of Season 6 - Profile

End of Season 7 - Profile

End of Season 8 - Profile

Year               Club      League    Country     Games     Goals    Assists  MoM    Rating
2007   Vitoria         2nd Division     Brazil      0          0         0       0      0.00
2008   Vitoria         1st Division     Brazil      0          0         0       0      0.00
2009   Vitoria         1st Division     Brazil      0          0         0       0      0.00
2009   V-Varen Nagasaki         JFL      Japan     44 (3)     28        24      16      7.76
2010   V-Varen Nagasaki  J-League 2      Japan     54 (1)     26        23      14      7.48
2011   V-Varen Nagasaki  J-League 1      Japan     37 (2)     32        10       9      7.56
2012   V-Varen Nagasaki  J-League 1      Japan     41 (9)     22        12       8      7.25
2013   V-Varen Nagasaki  J-League 1      Japan     43 (3)     24         7      14      7.38
2014   V-Varen Nagasaki  J-League 1      Japan     48 (1)     35        12      13      7.53
2015   V-Varen Nagasaki  J-League 1      Japan     54 (3)     37        14      14      7.49
2016   V-Varen Nagasaki  J-League 1      Japan     15 (1)     11         0       1      7.29
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Career Totals                                    336 (23)    215       102      89      7.48

Awards:

• 2009: JFL Most Valuable Player
  • 2009: JFL Best Eleven
  • 2009: JFL Top Goalscorer
  • 2009: Supporters Player of the Year
  • 2010: J-League 2 Top Goalscorer (3rd place)
  • 2010: Supporters Player of the Year
  • 2011: J-League 1 Most Valuable Player
  • 2011: J-League 1 Best Eleven
  • 2011: J-League 1 Top Goalscorer (1st place)
  • 2011: J-League All-Star
  • 2011: Supporters Player of the Year
  • 2012: J-League All-Star
  • 2012: Supporters Player of the Year
  • 2013: Asian All-Star XI
  • 2013: Supporters Player of the Year
  • 2014: J-League 1 Top Goalscorer (2nd place)
  • 2014: J-League Best Eleven
  • 2014: J-League 1 Most Valuable Player
  • 2014: Asian All-Star XI
  • 2015: Asian All- Star XI

Winners' Medals:

• 2009: JFL Champions
  • 2013: J-League 1 Champions
  • 2014: J-League 1 Champions
  • 2014: Japanese Super Cup Winners
  • 2014: Japanese League Cup Winners
  • 2015: Japanese Super Cup Winners
  • 2015: Japanese League Cup Winners
  • 2015: Asian Champions League Winners
  • 2015: J-League 1 Champions
  • 2015: Japanese Emperor's Cup Winners

V-Varen Nagasaki:

2015 YP:

Left Foot - Very Strong

Right Foot - Weak

PPMs - None

Notes: Sold for $2.2 million. He did ok in the 5 games he played with his new club. Damian Duff is really getting on my nerves with his horrible decision making...

2016 YP:

Left Foot - Very Strong

Right Foot - Very Weak

PPMs - None

Notes: excited by this prospect. Going to sign him on a permanent contract immediately and re-training him as a MC. Might play him in a cup game or two but will mostly play in the U19 team/Stuttgart II.

Vfb_Stuttgart.png

Season 2016-2017 January Transfer Window Review

Another 'fun' transfer window as I keep reshaping the squad. :)

Transfers

The January window saw the arrival of 5 players, all relatively young players, as well as the permanent departure of 6 players, with 2 more players going out on loan, as I continue to reshape the squad.

Maxim Gazzaev - 21 year old 'keeper signed from Schalke for $900k. He doesn't have fantastic potential but he'll be a good backup.

Juan Miguel - A very young midfielder. He has a lot of potential but he's obviously one for the future.

Trond Olsen - Norwegian international transfer listed at Chelsea who will be a solid contributor to the club.

Jaap Heus - found him with PSV while signing another PSV to a contract who will join the club July 1...more details will be revealed as you keep reading. :p

Fabiano - cheap depth signing, nothing more.

As for those leaving the club in January, they brought us another $16.8 million, including longtime Stuttgart players Sinkiewicz and Mandjeck, both nearing the end of their contracts. Ticinovic was not in my plans, and Langkamp wanted first team football. I finally got rid of Farfan, making way too much and underachieving. The Michael Rensing experiment clearly didn't work out, we're paying him $1.1 million as well until June 2018. Joseph Mohammed wasn't in my plans, and Chicao was loaned to get some 1st team experience.

----

Future Transfers

Ibrahim Afellay - he was tutoring the young striker I signed, and will come to the club in July on a free. We're going to have one of the best core of midfielders in the Bundesliga next season, with Kuzmanovic, Defour, Khedira, Kamissoko, and now Afellay.

Abubakari Duah - young striker who will improve the striker depth at the club.

Gustavo Vega - signed for a hefty $8 million fee, but he's more polished than Duah, and also very young.

Now the only area I need to improve is the backline. Mitrovic isn't a fantastic 'keeper, but knowing him from the national team, he's solid and has made some big saves for Stuttgart and Canada.

---

Mid Season Standings

Vfb_Stuttgart.png

Season 2016-2017 Review

1.Bundesliga Standings/1.Bundesliga Past Positions - A very good season. We were pretty much in 3rd most of the season, but I really didn't like the high number of draws.

German Cup - A solid campaign till we met Bayern. We just got outclassed.

Transfers - Another busy transfer period for us. Steven Defour and Dentinho (although a bit inconsistent) didn't disappoint, and the young core of Yacouba Kamissoko, Robert Bitana, and Kelly have a great future.

Squad - My best player this year was Zdravko Kuzmanovic, and I think we have one of the best midfield cores in 1.Bundesliga (which will only get better after the summer transfer window ends). Serdar Tasci was solid once again, when healthy, as well as Jean-Alain Fanchone. Dalibor Mitrovic was solid as a starter, and did well, which will only benefit the national team :). He won't be the #1 'keeper next season, since I found a quality one, but he'll still get his share of games.

Finances - There aren't any dividends payments yet, but excluding that we made a very good profit.

Awards

• None

Goals for next year:

• qualify for Champions League!
  • finish 3rd or better again
  • less draws - and more wins!
  • transfer targets - find a centre back!
  • Lower wages if possible
  • sell/loan surplus players
  • sack more useless coaches/physios

Career Summary

[font=Courier New]Year        Team              League       Country   Position                                                           Notes
2009        V-Varen Nagasaki  JFL            Japan        1st                                                       Promotion
2010        V-Varen Nagasaki  J-League 2     Japan        2nd                                                       Promotion
2011        V-Varen Nagasaki  J-League 1     Japan        3rd                                               ACL Qualification
2012        V-Varen Nagasaki  J-League 1     Japan        5th                                                            None
2013        V-Varen Nagasaki  J-League 1     Japan        1st                       Domestic Title Winners, ACL Qualification
2014        V-Varen Nagasaki  J-League 1     Japan        1st   Domestic Title Winners, ACL Qualification, League Cup Winners
2015        V-Varen Nagasaki  J-League 1     Japan        ---                                           Resigned Nov. 5, 2015
2015-2016   VfB Stuttgart     1.Bundesliga Germany        9th                                                            None
2016-2017   VfB Stuttgart     1.Bundesliga Germany        3rd                             UEFA Champions League Qualification
[/font]

A very nice step forward. :thup:

Schalke and Bayern have a bit of a gap on the rest there, but I guess that gives you something to aim for next season. :)

Cheers CoachFlu. Schalke and Bayern really are on another level. We still have a lot of work to do to make the 1.Bundesliga a 3 horse race to the domestic title...but the goal is to at least close the 19 point gap between us and them. :)

Solid season rancer :thup: although 19 points is a big gap :eek:;). Great progress though, keep it up and before you know it the league will become a 3 horse race especially with the players you've signed (even if Kelly is a girls name!)

V-Varen Nagasaki:

2015 YP:

Left Foot - Very Strong

Right Foot - Weak

PPMs - None

Notes: Sold for $2.2 million. He did ok in the 5 games he played with his new club. Damian Duff is really getting on my nerves with his horrible decision making...

2016 YP:

Left Foot - Very Strong

Right Foot - Very Weak

PPMs - None

End of Season 1 - Profile | End of Season 1 - Coach Report

Notes: He did okay with Stuttgart II/Stuttgart U19's. I'll keep monitoring his development and maybe give him a senior game or two next season.

2017 YP: No one of note

Vfb_Stuttgart.png

Season 2017-2018 Preview - 1.Bundesliga

Media Prediction: 4th

Team Value: $130 million (7th in Germany, 38th in the world)

1.Bundesliga TV Rights: $15,783,000

1.Bundesliga Expectations: European Qualification

UEFA Champions League Expectation: reach First Knockout Round

German Cup Expectations: Reach Quarter-Final

Transfer Budget: $19 million

Wage Budget: $74 million (spending $60,192,131)

Solid season rancer :thup: although 19 points is a big gap :eek:;). Great progress though, keep it up and before you know it the league will become a 3 horse race especially with the players you've signed (even if Kelly is a girls name!)

Cheers Raware. 19 is a very big gap but we'll get better next year...we have a couple quality players coming in so hopefully we can aim for automatic Group Stage spot next season. :)

Dunno if someones already posted this cos I haven't read through the last part of your thread yet mate... but firstly:

Congratulations your having so much success and your doing awesome. (from what I have read so far, not got into your Stuttgart career yet.

Secondly, I have a link to where you can buy the (forgot their name) Japanese teams shirt, I think anyway. http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.v-varen.com/&ei=XLt2TPDPEouRjAeWpdGcBg&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBwQ7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3DV-Varen%2BNagasaki%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1T4ACAW_enGB377GB377

I don't know if its of any use to you but hope it helps :)!

Dunno if someones already posted this cos I haven't read through the last part of your thread yet mate... but firstly:

Congratulations your having so much success and your doing awesome. (from what I have read so far, not got into your Stuttgart career yet.

Secondly, I have a link to where you can buy the (forgot their name) Japanese teams shirt, I think anyway. http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.v-varen.com/&ei=XLt2TPDPEouRjAeWpdGcBg&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBwQ7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3DV-Varen%2BNagasaki%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1T4ACAW_enGB377GB377

I don't know if its of any use to you but hope it helps :)!

Cheers mate. 11,000 yen is about $140 CDN...bit pricey (more expensive than TFC jersey!) but cheers for the link anyways. Couldn't find anything on ebay so this might be the only way I can get the jersey (plan B is going to Isehara to buy it from the club shop :p)

soccer-canada.gif

2018 World Cup Qualifying - CONCACAF

Results:

Mexico 3-0 Canada

Cuba 0-4 Canada

Canada 2-0 Haiti

Canada 2-1 USA

Canada 0-0 Honduras

August 16: vs Cuba

September 9: vs Mexico

September 13: at USA

October 14: at Haiti

October 18: at Honduras

World Cup Qualifying CONCACAF Standings

I'm overall pleased with our progress so far halfway through the final phase of qualifying for World Cup 2018 in China. The Honduras game was very disappointing but that's football sometimes. On the positive side, we did beat the US!

Gold Cup 2017

Panama 0-2 Canada

Guadeloupe 0-3 Canada

Canada 0-1 USA

Group Stage Standings

Quarter-Final: El Salvador 0-2 Canada

Semi-Final: Canada 0-1 Costa Rica

3rd Place Playoff: Canada 2-1 USA

Overall, a solid showing at the Gold Cup. Disappointed to have lost to the US the first time in the Group Stage, and wasn't pleased that we couldn't score against Costa Rica (although even if we won, we would face Mexico, and we've never been good against them), but the 3rd place playoff match against USA was bittersweet to defeat our rivals and take 3rd place in the tournament.

And it was in this tournament that Atiba Hutchinson got over 100 caps. The next closest player to that number is Kevin McKenna. David Edgar is 3rd on the list, with 71 caps.

Awards

Golden Boot

Dream Team

August 31, 2017

Champions League Group Draw

We avoided any giant clubs, but no small clubs either...the best in Italy and Russia, the 3rd best club in Spain, and...us. This is one wide open group. Will be interesting who advances, which I hope includes us (whether in the Champions League First Knockout Round or if we get knocked down to the Europa League. I just want to improve our coefficient.) so we don't have to be a 3rd seed...

Vfb_Stuttgart.png

Season 2017-2018 Summer Transfer Window

Transfers

Another exciting transfer window as I continued to sell deadwood and loan out players to free up some wages. Of course, there were signings too!

Giovanni Borrelli - depth signing. Loaned to 3.Liga side Burghausen for first team experience.

Ibrahim Afellay - signed from PSV on a free. Will be part of a very good midfield core who are still in their prime years.

Gustavo Vega - signed to be a 2nd striker to Dentinho. I hope he works out because I don't usually like spending a lot of money on strikers...another failure would mean I probably would only sign strikers on a free or a low fee.

Abubakari Duah - signed to be 3rd/4th striker, which is probably not suited for him, but worst case I can sell him to make a profit...

Hugo Lloris - my new #1 'keeper. Another freebie, this time from Lyon. My French scout found him and he was on an expiring contract and didn't want to resign with them so I quickly signed him.

Petar Krastev - my new starting centre back. Very young but has proven himself in France and Russia. Will be counted on as a starter to be consistent and help a solid core of defenders.

Steve Hock - young 15 year old was unattached at Eintracht Braunschweig. I didn't like the clauses from just signing him so negotiated a one time fee to secure his services. He has potential to be as good as current starting right back Kelly (who btw, has been wanted by a lot of big clubs, but I have been rejecting all of them so far).

----

And because of all my new signings, I don't have enough homegrown players, but since my players are quite young, I could still play everyone in the Champions League matches. :)

October 14, 2017

It was during Spain's World Cup Qualifying, and they just sacked their manager, Quique Flores. It was weird, since they were 1st in their World Cup Group, until I knew the true reason: this

To be fair, before this game they did draw Denmark and Belarus at home... :)

soccer-canada.gif

2018 World Cup Qualifying - CONCACAF

Results:

The 2nd half of World Cup Qualifying...

Canada 3-0 Cuba

Canada 0-0 Mexico

USA 3-0 Canada

Haiti 0-2 Canada

Honduras 2-0 Canada

We're going to the World Cup in China! :)

To end 2017, I fielded my B team and ended up losing to Luxembourg. We lost because my GK couldn't catch a ball...for now, we're 33rd in the World Rankings.

And I capped a new Canadian who would actually be useful for World Cup 2018 and hopefully beyond if he doesn't retire, former French youth player Olivier Auriac.

August 31, 2017

Champions League Group Draw

We avoided any giant clubs, but no small clubs either...the best in Italy and Russia, the 3rd best club in Spain, and...us. This is one wide open group. Will be interesting who advances, which I hope includes us (whether in the Champions League First Knockout Round or if we get knocked down to the Europa League. I just want to improve our coefficient.) so we don't have to be a 3rd seed...

Ah Football Manager I love you!

Linfield in the Champions League. I always want Irish/Welsh/Northern Irish teams to get into the Champions League and only ever seen it once. Derry City in FM08 and they got drew with Real Madrid! :D

You seem to be building a stunning team with Stuttgart and well done on getting into the World Cup with Canada!

Ah Football Manager I love you!

Linfield in the Champions League. I always want Irish/Welsh/Northern Irish teams to get into the Champions League and only ever seen it once. Derry City in FM08 and they got drew with Real Madrid! :D

You seem to be building a stunning team with Stuttgart and well done on getting into the World Cup with Canada!

Cheers Swifty. I agree it's nice to see those UK clubs outside of England having a shot at the Group Stage. There's really no chance of them advancing but at least they get some money to hopefully get back next season. :)

And there's still a lot of work to do at Stuttgart. We could really try and score a few more goals...and well with Canada, just pick the best squad (there's slim pickings tbh...) and see what happens... :p

Really great career your building here with Stuttgart and Canda here rancer890 :thup: Hope it continues well and prosperous.

Cheers Sax! :thup:

How many managers have we gone through?!?!

Billy Davies (sacked March 2013) -> Adrian Boothroyd (May 2014 - wasn't sacked, left to manage Pompey) -> Mike Newell (May 2014-February 2015) -> Ryan Giggs (March 2015-October 2015) -> Ricardo Gardner (October 2015-September 2016) -> Albert Reira (September 2016-September 2017) -> Joe Cole (September 2017 to Present - currently January 2018)

They should really stop going with the 'unproven manager' route. It's not working. :p

Or maybe give David Kelly a shot...he's unproven too but has been at the club longer than all 7 of the above...really tempted to take matters in my own hands tbh, but won't consider anything because I want to take Stuttgart to greater heights.

That's a fair few managers over the years! I'm surprised they've not given a former player the job rather than unproven managers who have no connection with the club. I say give Ned Kelly a chance too...or you of course! :D

That's a fair few managers over the years! I'm surprised they've not given a former player the job rather than unproven managers who have no connection with the club. I say give Ned Kelly a chance too...or you of course! :D

As mean as this may sound, I can wait a few years and if they're really not doing well still, they're do their yearly sacking and I'll get the job eventually. :p

Just cuz of you mate, I think I will manage Nottingham Forest, if not FM10, then FM11.

Got on the bandwagon and switched over to a 4-5-1, same personnel setup as in CoachFlu's save. Doing okay, not scoring a whole lot but we're creating a lot more scoring chances.

V-Varen Nagasaki Legend - Carlos Andre

Date of Birth: 23/05/1990

Place of Birth: Salvador (BA), Brazil

End of Season 4 - Profile

End of Season 5 - Profile

End of Season 6 - Profile

End of Season 7 - Profile

End of Season 8 - Profile

End of Season 9 - Profile

Year               Club      League    Country     Games     Goals    Assists  MoM    Rating
2007   Vitoria         2nd Division     Brazil      0          0         0       0      0.00
2008   Vitoria         1st Division     Brazil      0          0         0       0      0.00
2009   Vitoria         1st Division     Brazil      0          0         0       0      0.00
2009   V-Varen Nagasaki         JFL      Japan     44 (3)     28        24      16      7.76
2010   V-Varen Nagasaki  J-League 2      Japan     54 (1)     26        23      14      7.48
2011   V-Varen Nagasaki  J-League 1      Japan     37 (2)     32        10       9      7.56
2012   V-Varen Nagasaki  J-League 1      Japan     41 (9)     22        12       8      7.25
2013   V-Varen Nagasaki  J-League 1      Japan     43 (3)     24         7      14      7.38
2014   V-Varen Nagasaki  J-League 1      Japan     48 (1)     35        12      13      7.53
2015   V-Varen Nagasaki  J-League 1      Japan     54 (3)     37        14      14      7.49
2016   V-Varen Nagasaki  J-League 1      Japan     15 (1)     11         0       1      7.29
2017   V-Varen Nagasaki  J-League 1      Japan     29 (2)     21         2       7      7.48
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Career Totals                                    365 (25)    236       104      96      7.48

Awards:

• 2009: JFL Most Valuable Player
  • 2009: JFL Best Eleven
  • 2009: JFL Top Goalscorer
  • 2009: Supporters Player of the Year
  • 2010: J-League 2 Top Goalscorer (3rd place)
  • 2010: Supporters Player of the Year
  • 2011: J-League 1 Most Valuable Player
  • 2011: J-League 1 Best Eleven
  • 2011: J-League 1 Top Goalscorer (1st place)
  • 2011: J-League All-Star
  • 2011: Supporters Player of the Year
  • 2012: J-League All-Star
  • 2012: Supporters Player of the Year
  • 2013: Asian All-Star XI
  • 2013: Supporters Player of the Year
  • 2014: J-League 1 Top Goalscorer (2nd place)
  • 2014: J-League Best Eleven
  • 2014: J-League 1 Most Valuable Player
  • 2014: Asian All-Star XI
  • 2015: Asian All- Star XI

Winners' Medals:

• 2009: JFL Champions
  • 2013: J-League 1 Champions
  • 2014: J-League 1 Champions
  • 2014: Japanese Super Cup Winners
  • 2014: Japanese League Cup Winners
  • 2015: Japanese Super Cup Winners
  • 2015: Japanese League Cup Winners
  • 2015: Asian Champions League Winners
  • 2015: J-League 1 Champions
  • 2015: Japanese Emperor's Cup Winners
  • 2017: J-League 1 Champions

V-Varen Nagasaki:

2015 YP:

Left Foot - Very Strong

Right Foot - Weak

PPMs - None

Notes: A first teamer with his current club now.

2016 YP:

Left Foot - Very Strong

Right Foot - Very Weak

PPMs - None

End of Season 1 - Profile | End of Season 1 - Coach Report

Notes: He did okay with Stuttgart II/Stuttgart U19's. I'll keep monitoring his development and maybe give him a senior game or two next season.

2017 YP: No one of note

As mean as this may sound, I can wait a few years and if they're really not doing well still, they're do their yearly sacking and I'll get the job eventually. :p

Just cuz of you mate, I think I will manage Nottingham Forest, if not FM10, then FM11.

Got on the bandwagon and switched over to a 4-5-1, same personnel setup as in CoachFlu's save. Doing okay, not scoring a whole lot but we're creating a lot more scoring chances.

I think I may get a Forest save up too as i've not managed them since FM06 and considering they're the team I support, I should really have a save with them.

Vfb_Stuttgart.png

Season 2017-2018 January Transfer Window

No major signings, all for the future:

Adil - won't be a world beater, but has potential to be as good as Sami Khedira, which is not a bad thing for $1 million :)

Mauricio Alfaro - nice inexpensive depth signing.

Davide Sassi - $2.6 million is quite expensive, but has similar potential as Tasci, so I'll wait and see since he's only 16

We're 3rd again so far, hope we can move up the table with some wins.

----

Champions League Group Stage

Group A: Porto, Manchester City, Olympiakos, Linfield

Group B: Ajax, Genoa, Schalke, Anderlecht

Group C: Atletico Madrid, Liverpool, Galatasaray, FC Midtjylland

Group D: Real Madrid, Napoli, Marseille, Dinamo Bucharest

Group E: Bayern Munich, Chelsea, Fenerbahce, Girondins Bordeaux

Group F: Juventus, Stuttgart, Sevilla, Zenit

Group G: Celtic, Barcelona, Sporting CP, Elfsborg

Group H: Manchester United, Benfica, Shakhtar, Rapid Wien

First Knockout Round Draw

Archived