[FM10] More clubs than Tiger Woods

jackripper

Lame title i know but couldnt think of one.

I have loaded England from league 2 onwards and the top two divisions from France, Spain,Germany Holland and Scotland. Ive started with a proffesional footballer reputation (i did start semi pro but after 2 seasons no job offered so restarted with a better rep) I am Unemployed at the moment.When i have accepted a job i will retire and add manager with a semi pro rep and take over the club so i start with a lower rep.

As you can probably tell the layout is inspired by Acidburn hope ya dont mind

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

logohaarlem.jpg

After retiring from Semi Proffesional football, I decided to move into management and well coming across a job was proving difficult. I was however given the chance to learn my trade in the Dutch Jupiler League with HFC Haarlem. Unfortunatly the club was sitting in the relegation zone in 19th position. I packed my bags and off to Holland i went, Hoping i could save the club from leaving the Dutch Football League.

harll.jpg

Only one point would move us out of the relegation zone but our goal difference was -3 compared to the team above us. We had 7 players on loan which considering ive always stayed in my native land of England where the limit is 5. This would definatly be our transfer area we will be mostly in the loan market as finances are tight. Finances wise we had £555k in the bank balance and £185k was made available for Transfers and with a wage budget of £11k We were spending £24k so major changes would be needed to balance the books.

tact.jpg

A flat back 4 follwed by 2 central midfeilders would be the base of my team as i revert to a 4-2-2-2 Tactic, I would have two attacking wingers to support the two strikers also. Its a tactic i aim to use all of my career. The squad is among the youngest in the league and to be honest that suits me down to the ground. With half the first eleven all loanees i knew this summer there would be a lot of activity on the transfer front, Thats if i make it to the summer. So with 5 games left i had to start straight from the off. Starting with a home fixture against Fortuna Sittard who sat in 9th position.

The fight against Relegation

tabug.jpg

How this team ended up in this situation must surely go down to the previous manager as i found a team blessed with attacking talent and it showed as we escaped Relegation with some ease with some great results. But thats only just the beginning.

lgeo.jpg

We started with a 3-0 win over Fortuna at home and carried on that form my players had found and seemed to settle into my tactics straight away. The 7 players i have on loan are mostly from my parent Club Ajax and there class showed as most of the goals came from these guys. The only bad thing now is that there going to be returning to there clubs. We won 4 out of the remaining 5 games and only a 2-0 defeat to Telstar was the bad point, However we were already safe by then..thank god!!

The rebuild starts...Season 2010/11

With me losing 7 first team players i knew i had to wheel and deal in the transfer market, My board gave me £185k transfer budget and sorted my wage difference out with now offering me a wage budget of £30k which now keeps me under the wage budget. I took full advantage of this and offered my key players long term contracts.

trnsf.jpg

It was a busy summer with me negotiating all through while my players went away on there holidays, Defenders was my main concern with only 2 first team defenders in my squad. I loaned in 8 players mainly from PSV and Ajax and most of them where defenders. with so many players moving to the club i wont post screenshots as itl be to many. I did however manage to loan in PSV Attacking midfeilder Manco Who can play all across the middle and also striker from PSV. His versatality will do wonders for the club and im thankful PSV could loan him. All loans were negotiated with out me having to pay any wages towards there loans which will help with the runnning of the club. With lack of players it was hard to sell players but i did manage to release 3 players who were not good enough for the squad.

My only signing for money at the moment was Ex Rangers player Fernando Ricksen whos experience would be vital not just in the league but for my younger players also.

Thanks You inspired my layout and for me to start a career like this

August 2010

My main worry for the new season would be how the team can gel in such a short space of time. Especially with most players going straight into the first eleven. Im excited in what is about to become. My aim is to finish mid table but a play off place would do me good also.

augi.jpg

A mixed first month as we win our first two games but then a 1-0 defeat is followed by a 5-2 loss in front of the home crowd, However we bounce back and take victory over FC Zwolle.

lg1l.jpg

We sit in 5th position which is a far cry from the media prediction of 17th, if we can stay here then i will be very happy but theres a long way to go yet.

Mid Season update

So we reach the turn of the year and head into 2011 in a healthy situation. We are making profit every single month and the bank manager must be happy as we now have just under £1.3 million in the bank, Which makes a profit of £800k since i took over. I do however want an upgrade to my youth facilities as our youth acadamy is going to be the infrastructure to our success. I will request this at the end of the season. On the pitch weve been playing some great attacking football as we currently sit on top of the table but its still very tight at the top and we know one slip and it could knock us off the top spot. we have suprised many people here in dutch football as we were one of the favourites to be stuck in a relegation fight but we defy all odds and sit on top.

lg2q.jpg

Obviously with us reaching the top people started to sit up and notice and well it wasnt long before i was heavily linked with the Reading job in England. I decided to remain silent on the opportunity as i didnt want to let the players and fans down of Haarlem. We are in a good position and financially okay at the moment so i would of rejected the opportunity to move to england just yet, But it wouldve been nice to see if i was thought of already in England. Nothing happened after that though so my journey with Haarlem continues.

fixjx.jpg

Our form has been brilliant so far through the season and it shows in our results. We made the 3rd round of the Dutch cup and were awarded an away trip to Roda JC who were sat in 5th in the league above. We only lost 1-0 which showed we could possibly make the grade next year if we go up, and thats a big IF. However in the League things have been great and well the last game was a top of the table clash and whoever took victory would go into next year top of the table. An early Zwolle goal looked to put us to defeat but a goal near the end saved us and we shared the points and stayed on top. Our best result would be a 5-2 wn against AGOVV but a 2-0 defeat to Den Bosch was our worst.

bosma.jpg

One of my key players at the moment and im hoping his great form continues, He did however pick up a slight injury but hes now returned to full time training and will be looking forward to seeing him in action along with the fans also.

End of season Update

We acheived the unexpected as we become Champions of the Jupiler League, Our first trophy in many many years as we hold on to top spot and will go up as champions. The media wrote us off but we took no notice of that and just do what were paid and love to do and that is play Football. We went through a sticky patch and lacked great consistency but we had enough in the tank to take the title.

lg3t.jpg

Results wise was a mixture as one week we would win comprehensively the next we would lose or get stuffed but it seemed when we hit a sticky patch none of the teams around us took advantage as we held on. We won the league with one game to go as on loan striker Manco hits a hat trick at FC Eindhoven who were at the wrong end of the table. We lost our last home game 1-0 but that didnt bother me as we partied hard through the evening.

resy.jpg

With many players on loan i am going to take a different approach in the transfer market as i feel we need to sign players to the club permanantly otherwise il have a different squad every year and wont be able to build the consistency the club and me crave.

Season Country League Position Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10 Holland Jupiler League 17th Avoided Relegation with 5 games to go.
2010/11 Holland Jupiler League 1st League Winners.
2011/12 Holland Eredivisie League ??

Season 2011/12

So after gaining promotion the obvious objective would be to fight against relegation. we started the season strongly and around December we was in the top 5 but then we had a major fall apart as the novelty wore off and we started slipping down the league in dramatic fashion. We finished in 14th position just 5 points above relegation. But we survived that was the main thing.

lge4.jpg

Halfway through the season we had a takeover at the club when a fans trust decided to step in and hopefully help us move the club forward in every aspect. We are in desperate need of upgrades all through the club but my main concern was of course my stadium which only holds 3500. Not enough to attract good money now that were in the top division.

tkeqv.jpg

As you can see though the new chairman wouldnt be investing into the club which we drastically need if we are to stay in this division. This was something i didnt want to be honest and well if i cant improve anything in the club this summer then maybe there is no way the club can move forward.

transfr.jpg

Transfer wise i was giving £625k as a transfer budget and well most of my signings would come from the free market where i managed to bring in players like Caleb Folan, Tim de Cler and Erwin Mulder on free transfers. With Ajax my feeder club also they loaned me Paul Pogba who they signed from Manchester United and i managed to pull off a coup by signing Young protege Rodney Sneijder and Danny blind from Ajax for a combined fee of £250k. Somehow though they wouldnt be the players i was looking forward to working with the most. I scouted around the Brazilian under 19's and found Ze Eduardo, A defensive midfeilder who also likes to attack and well he cost me £170k even though his transfer value was only £6k i had to pay big for him but he was definatley worth it and he is a huge star at Haarlem already.

sqaud.jpg

My players performed miracles by keeping us up as we were one of the favourites to go straight back down, Im glad we started really well in the league as if we didnt and went into the 2nd half of the season with the dull run we had then we wouldve been going back down but we didnt and another season in the top flight is what these young players thoroughly deserve. Caleb Folan released from Hull had a great first season at the club and hoping he builds on that for next year. My defence may need improving and possibly another striker so i guess its back into the free market to see what bargains i can attract from there.

Next Season

I am going to talk with the board about a possible upgrade to the stadium as its desperatly needed if where going to become challengers in this division as we are filling the stadium every week, which is easy when your ground only holds 3500 people. If not then maybe ive taken them as far as i could so who knows.

Breaking News

I asked the board if they would expand my stadium or my youth facilites and they disagreed due to lack of funds so i searched what jobs were available and Hull Blackburn and PSV were the better looking options so i decided to apply for each of them and my board caught wind of this and issued me an ultimatum to either apoligise and keep my job or resign

ultn.jpg

I was a bit annoyed considering what i have done to the club, Taking themback into the top league and keeping them there aswell and felt i had no support. I clearly feel i deserve the respect to atleast apply for a bigger club considering this new board wasnt going to back me to achieve greatness for the club. So i handed in my resignation and now i would be hoping my reputation would be enough to secure me a contract with a bigger club.......But where that would be who knows......................

PSV-Eindhoven-logo.jpg

So after clearing my office i was now finding myself waiting for a response from either Blackburn, Hull or PSV. And the first response would come from PSV who felt i had done enough to earn a shot at the other end of the table with PSV and was offered a 2 year contract which i glady accepted. I was announced as the new manager and got straight to business. The club had a poor season for there standards with finishing 3rd behind Ajax and AZ who seem to be the new top two clubs in Dutch football and it was my job to change that.

psvsq.jpg

I inherited a good squad but with most of my defence the wrong side of 30 that would be the main area of my strengthening depending on the money i would be having made available. But whatever it was im sure its quite a huge gap from when i was managing Haarlem. My key player would be alex texieira who will be vital in my teams attacking style. So now i wait until my players come back and will sit down with the chairman to discuss transfer targets and what cash will be made avaialble to me.

Season Country Club League Position Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10 Holland Haarlem Jupiler League 17th Avoided Relegation with 5 games to go.
2010/11 Holland Haarlem Jupiler League 1st League Winners.
2011/12 Holland Haarlem Eredivisie League 14th Avoided Relegation, Resigned.
2012/13 Holland PSV Eredivisie League ??

Transfer information

I met with the board to discuss how much i would be getting to bring in my own players. we agreed that for a title challenge i would receive a whopping £18million to play with. I would spend all of that and a little bit more as you can see.

psvtran.jpg

My first move would be to see what players were available on the transfer market and see if i could snap up some good value for good prices. I certainly wasn't disapointed as i managed to bring in 2 goalkeepers in Sergio Romero and Deigo Alves. I also snapped up Carlos Vela who was made available by arsenal for a bargain £3.7million. I also brought in young prospects recomended by my scouts. First in would be Rodney Geurts A 17 year old defender who can play both full back positions, I tried negotiating to a cheaper deal but they would have none of it and i had to pay out £5million for his services. But im sure il recoup that back if he fulfils his potential. I also brought into the club young striker Willem Roos who could become the Van Nistelrooy of the club as long as he worked hard to achieve his goals.

With new players coming in i had to also remove the dead wood of the club and with so many nationalities at the club i felt it was time to cash in on some of them who i didnt think would be good enough to get into my first team squad. I sold lee keun ho for great value for £5.25 million to Toulouse who also brought Kronkamp from me also. Also out was Alexandra Sanches, Timmy Simmons and Modibo Madiga who left the club also. My main striker also asked to leave as he felt he acheived all he could at the club Ola toivonen, A bit of interest from clubs in europe swayed his head so i accepted to put him on the transfer market but no bids came in for him so hes still at the club, With this in mind i managed to act quickly and bring in Kiko Macheda from Manchester United on a season loan to cover if he left.

So in all i managed to spend around £19million but recouped £15million from sales. So im happy, the fans are happy and the board and bank manager will certainly be happy. Onto the season we go.....

End of Season update 2012/13

A fantastic season sees us do the double by winning the Dutch cup on penalties against De Graafshap and then on the final day of the season we travelled to bottom of the league club knowing a win would crown us champions. We were helped by the fact that Ajax lost there final fixture and so what ever the outcome we would be crowned champions of Dutch Football to complete the double. We also faired well in Euro Cup as we reached the quarter final before losing to Genoa who beat us 3-2 on agg. My previous club who sacked me also survived even though i completed the double over them and my return to Haarlem was comfortable with a 3-0 win which made me smile.

champs.jpg

A close title win but we deserved it and i have now won both divisions in dutch football. Below is our Euro run with some great results as we flew through a tough group to be handed sporting in the next round. We won that and played fellow Dutch team Hereenveen and we saw them off to but lost to Genoa who had to much for us but in all a great acheivement.

euroax.jpg

My squads performances were sometimes magical and sometimes nervy but this is why we love the game so much and all the hard work my players put through this season has truly shown as we win the league. A few defenders may be needed and i will definataly be speaking to manchester United about keeping Kiko Macheda on a full time contract or maybe back on loan. He was pure class for me all season with 25 goals in 28 games. Heres hoping Manchester United agree to let him go. My midfeilders also put in there fair share of goals but one player that caught my eye would be William Roos.At 17 years old and a young age he showed his true potential of whats to come as he scores an incredible 13 goals in 13 games in his debut season at PSV. On his way to becoming the new Ruud Van Nistelrooy. A legend in the making., If i can keep the vultures out that is.

squad1m.jpg

Another key player would be my centre back and new captain Jagos Vukovic who i gave the captains arm band to at the start of the season, Mainly becuase he is one of the oldest in my first team squad. He was also my penalty taker and scored 9 goals in 50 games which is not bad for a centre back even if they were pens.

Next Season

I won 3 every trophy there is to win in Dutch football and part of me felt i had acheived it all in Holland and maybe time for a new challenge. But the prospect of champions league football next season is keeping me here.

Season   Country  Club               League              Position    Achievements
2009/10  Holland   Haarlem        Jupiler League         17th        Avoided Relegation with 5 games to go.
2010/11  Holland   Haarlem        Jupiler League         1st         League Winners.
2011/12  Holland   Haarlem        Eredivisie League      14th        Avoided Relegation, Resigned.
2012/13  Holland   PSV            Eredivisie League      1st         League Champions,Dutch cup winners.

Around the World

European Champions League Winners

Bayern 1-0 Chelsea

Celtic Park, Glasgow.

Euro Cup Winners

Genoa 1-0 Schalke

England

Champions-Liverpool,Everton,Man City and Chelsea

Relegated- Bolton,Aston Villa,Leeds

France

Champions-AS Etienne,Toulouse,PSG,Bordauex

Relegated- USBCO,Grenoble,SC Bastia

Germany

Champions-Schalke,Bayern,Stuggart

Relegated- Rostock,Belefield,Frankfurt

Italy

Champions-Roma,Genoa,Inter,Juventus

Relegated- Chievo,Torino,Lecce

Scotland

Champions-Celtic,Rangers,Hibs,Hearts

Relegated- St Johnstone

Spain

Champions-R.Madrid,Barca,Valencia,Atl Madrid.

Relegated-Almeria,Mallorca,Osasuna.

A few shocks as Liverpool edge out Everton at the top end of the table meanwhile at the other end a huge scalp as Aston Villa are relegated to the championship. Also no Lyon in the top four of France. Spain looks the usual same. And Roma knocking Inter of there perch also.

Transfers for new season 2013/14

After meeting with the chairman to discuss how i could improve a squad that did so well was a bit tricky in what money i would receive. With money raking in from the champions league and over £50million as a bank balance i was promised a huge kitty of £20million. My first job would to try and tie down kiko Macheda from Manchester United. Negotiations went on for what seemed an eternity but we finally agreed on a deal of £10million up front and 20% of profit from next sale. A huge coup for the club and me also as i felt i could get the best out of Kiko and well he would get more games here than at United. I also signed Fabio form Manchester United also for £1.9 million as i felt Left back was our weak spot and well theres not many left backs to shout about at the moment, Especially ones who want to sign for us.

I also had to deal with the vultures flying around my players especially Carlos Vela who stated he wanted to move. I valued him at £20million which is a bit steep but i dont want him to go so big money will be needed if they want to sign the Mexican player. I was also advised by my back room staff to sign Sven Kuipers. A 16 year old Left winger who can also slot up front. Maybe i also signed this player not just for the future but maybe as a replacement for Vela if he does leave. he has the potential to be a quality player and at 16 he doesnt look to bad right now.

I decided that there wouldnt be more signings and that i didnt want to buy success i wanted to do it like the real football clubs like Barcelona and Manchester United. I had some great youth facilities and felt it was a waste if i didnt use them. I scoured through each player to see who i felt would make the step up and a few players had come into mind who i will be hoping to be a huge part in the future of this club.

The next generation

Matteo Vigiani An ambitious17 year old centre midfielder who has great potential to become a star in this side for many years to come. Will be mainly used in cup games.

Willem Roos A great debut season see him score 13 goals in as many games,This season is instrumental and will probably end up number one striker alongside Kiko.

Graham Simpson 19 year old English centre back signed from Chelsea after scouts recomendation, He cost me £2.5 million and need some improvement but will probably start my season in the centre back slot along side vukovic who he can learn from also. highly regarded by my scouts.

Herman Bakker A promising goalkeeper who came from the ranks and will possibly start in the reserves at the moment but might play a game or 2 here and there.

George Lux A dynamic AMC who could possibly be the Dutch Kaka or Ronaldinho hes rated that highly by my coaches. Big things are expected from the 16 year old but a season in the reserves will be needed first.

Thats the players i will be conentrating in breaking into the first team, Maybe not all of them will make it but im hoping they do.

I also decided to bring back legend Ruud Van Nistelrooy to the club as my new assistant manager as i felt my current assistant wasnt really up to the job if i was looking to take the club to the next level.

Early update

So Champions league football is back at the club and well to be honest we had the worst group stage drawn to us we could of had as you can see below. We drew Spanish giants Barcelona, Sporting and Dinamo Buc also in the group. I expected us to take 6 points from Dinamo twice but would settle for a draw out there. A home win and a draw against Sporting might leave us to afford expected defeats against Barcelona.

groupsh.jpg

The opening game of the group would see us welcome Barcelona who came 2nd in there league, We had the support of over 53000 fans packed into the stadium and like me this is what its all about. Playing the Barcas, Uniteds and Inters of the world. We came out the traps flying when Macheda opened the scoring in the first minute, This sent the crowd wild as we took an unexpected lead. The lead and celebrations were short lived when 10 minutes later Barca pounced to equalise through former ajax product Imbrahamovic. We went into halft time all square. I told the lads we could win this and when Macheda ran into the box in the 92nd minute he was brought down and we were awarded a penalty and surely the 3 points and a famous win. Up stepped my captian Jagos Vukovic to hold his nerve and put the ball into the back of the net as we celebrate one of the hugest wins in the clubs history.

barcal.jpg

Champions League Group Stage

28091242.jpg

cl2h.jpg

We not only qualified from the group stages but we also manage to knock out one of the favourites Barcelona. We went into the final game against Sporting at home and a win would see us through along with Sporting who had already qualified. We took an early lead through Macheda and held on as we come top of the group and qualify for the second round which is still to be drawn. We had one defeat and that was against Barcelona 2-0 at the Camp Nou. Whoever we get will be tough in the next round but its the money im more interested in for some reason, Even though finances at the club are looking good.

Group stages (In winning order)

Group A

Real Madrid

Zenit

Stuggart

Basel

Group B

Chelsea

Kobenhaven

Shaktar

Standard

Group C

Porto

Etienne

Celtic

Sturm Graz

Group D

Bayern

Galatasary

Dinamo Moscow

Rangers

Group E

Roma

Atl Madrid

Liverpool

Prague

Group F

Schalke

Man city

Toulouse

Genoa

Group G

Valencia

Inter

Everton

Panathaniakos

and ours was group H. There was a feel that the big european clubs just didnt make the competition this year. With the likes of Everton Toulouse and Genoa instead of teams like Arsenal, Manchester United and Lyon who usually occupy this stage of the tournament. That could be good news for us but if i was looking at the teams to avoid it would be Man City Inter or Atletico Madrid but we will see.

Breaking News!!

b_gfa_logo.jpg

With a World cup approaching at the end of the season i was pondering in what beach i would be watching it from until i was offered the job of African team Ghana. I felt it was a bit early in my career to make such a jump but i felt what did i really have to lose? Not much really. The board wanted me to reach the second round of the World Cup and well it seemed possibly giving the Group we had been drawn.

worldn.jpg

Spain would obviously be favourites for the group but if we could beat Wales and Saudi arabia then we could easily take second spot which would see us move into the next round but would leave us facing a group winner which would be very tough. Ive still decided on my sqaud at the moment and who will make it.

Latest update

Another great season as we win the league by commanding lead of 17 points as no one could touch us, I felt the squad i have now will always walk the league and possibly do wonders in the champions league but it started to feel repetitive a bit. Enough to make me ponder my future not only at the club but Dutch football also. I needed to have a good think of what i was going to do next. My reputation is now at continental so im known around europe and should be enough to get me a job at a good team. I sat down with my family and decided behind close doors that i would stay for one more year before moving onto new pastures. To lose only 1 game and draw 3 shows the strength of my squad and the class they have to walk this league once again. The Dutch cup however was a near miss as we lose in the semi finals against Rivals Ajax, A result that didnt please fans and board alike..

leaguechamp.jpg

Champions League football was back with us once again for the first time in a few years and with some big guns not making it this year i felt we could easily be the dark horse of the cup. We was given a tough group which is in the previous update in which we won the group and knocked out Barcelona. The next round we were pitted against French champions ST Etienne who we beat 5-0 on agg which would see us come up against FC Bayern in the Quarter finals. The Germans didnt seem to have the team of the past with many good players now moved on. We played at home first and scored 2 goals to take into Germany and with them not gaining the away goali know we had a great chance, We played exceptionally well in Germany as we come away with a massive 2-1 win. so the dream continued and now i was feeling maybe just maybe we could go on and win the cup but in the Semis Roma had different ideas as they trounced us 4-2 at home and 2-0 away to knock us out and end the dream.

champlge.jpg

Ive decided as this would be my last season i would put my youth players ive been developing straight into the starting line up to see how they would do and well its up to them really. Some of my key players will probably become a bit unhappy and ask to move but ive dealt with that every season so far, so its something im used to. The kepy players are.

Herman Bakker Would now become my number one goalkeeper.

Willem Roos spent the last season on loan as he wasnt getting many games and came back a monster. Will partner Macheda up front.

George Lux My most exciting prospect according to my coaches and will start in the middle of the park for my team.

Matteo Vigiani Will partner George Lux in the middle of my park and will be the engine of the PSV steam train with out a doubt.

Graham Simpson Already a starting centre back in my first eleven so the same for him goes.

So with my youthful team now in check and pre season over i now move onto my last season with PSV with some excitiment to see how my young stars progress. If they do well enough then who knows what holds in the future for them but i know i would love to work with some of the again.

Ghana World Cup

ghanagrp.jpg

My first taste of International football and the worlds biggest stage is where i would start. I would only stay with ghana for the World Cup and then leave after the World Cup regardless of where we got to. We made things difficult in the group as we see of Wales but then lose to Saudi Arabia leaving us to win against Spain in the last game of the group stages. We played well against Spain and took the lead in the first half before Spain equalised early in the second half. We were destined to be heading home but a 93rd minute we were awarded a penalty which we converted to send our fans into raptures as we reach the second round.

41935605.jpg

In the second round we were pitted against once Euro champions Greece and i was feeling confident, we had one injury in the team to Kswamoah who would miss the game but felt we had the players to cover him out on the left wing. we started brightly and scored 2 goals with out reply to see us qualify for the Quarter Finals of the world Cup. So i reached the boards expectation of second round and one step further. We then had to play Mexico in the quarters and there potent attack was a bit to much for us as we succumbed to a 1-0 defeat and went out at the quarter final stage but overall a great tournament for Ghana and myself. But as i said i would resign from Ghana to concentrate on club football but i will definately be dipping my toes in the water of International management in the future. But for now its back to Holland with my PSV team.

Season   Country  Club               League              Position    Achievements
2009/10  Holland   Haarlem        Jupiler League         17th        Avoided Relegation with 5 games to go.
2010/11  Holland   Haarlem        Jupiler League         1st         League Winners.
2011/12  Holland   Haarlem        Eredivisie League      14th        Avoided Relegation, Resigned.
2012/13  Holland   PSV            Eredivisie League      1st         League Champions,Dutch cup winners.
2013/14  Holland   PSV            Eredivisie League      1st         League Champions

International

Season   Country   Competition    Acheivements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14  Ghana     World Cup      World Cup Quarter Finalists.

bit of World news

Jonathan woodgate has taken over from Stuart Pearce as the new England manager. Newcastle have been bought by a tycoon and apointed Rafa Benitez to take them over, surely not the greatest of appointments due to his previous history of blowing money but with unlimited funds im sure hell waste a lot of it. Aston Villa return to the premier league after winning the championship title. Gaurdialoa is manager of Manchester United while the special one is managing his home country of Portugal. Ronahldinho was sacked as manager of Brazil which seems to be a job famous for sacking people left right and centre. Marco Van Basten currently at Arsenal. Transfer wise the hghest transfer was for £57 million for Fabiano santacroce for Man City from Aston Villa. followed by Modric to Barca for £34mil and Neymar joined Atl Madrid for £33.5mil. The only English clubs spending big seem to be Man city and Newcastle who feature in the top twenty transfers around the world.

bit of World news

Newcastle have been bought by a tycoon

\o/

and apointed Rafa Benitez to take them over,

/o\

An interesting read so far, its nice to see that starting down at the bottom in Holland has led to Real Madrid coming knocking.

I'd take the offer. you said yourself you had won all you wanted too in Holland, and were only staying for the youth players coming through. Bring some of them with you when you leave :)

realmadrid1.jpg

After sleeping on the decision i decided i would possibly not get another chance like this in World football and would probably regret it if i rejected such a huge offer, Especially with a £210 p/w contract for my self. I thought PSV were rich when we had over £70 million in the bank but it just goes to show the difference in clubs as Real have £488million in the bank. Even though PSV were Debt free Real have a debt of around £235million but we can live with that. It was a hard decision to leave PSV as they gave me the chance to get where i am today, But the hardest part was saying my goodbyes to my young stars who i have brought from nothing to where they are but im sure in the future i will be managing them once again, You can count on that.

So it was bags packed and off to sunny Spain for my new adventure and as promised the board gave me £150miilion to lavish in the transfer market. Now Real Madrid seem to be struggling a bit domestically as Barcelona and Atletico Madrid have won the title in the past four years and with no Cup wins either for Madrid the trophy cabinet seemed a bit empty in recent years with only a Champions League cup won in those four years, Not really good enough for a team of Madrids size. With 6 games into the new season we were sitting in 7th position

realsq.jpg

I took a good look at the squad to see if i could find the problem to the lack of trophies and the only thing could possibly be the previous manager not getting the best out of the players or maybe the whole squad needs freshening up with some youth as its not exactly one of the youngest squads around, Especially in defence. Other than that i will be looking for players like Canales, Ronaldo and Higuain to terrorise defences in an attacking sense.

realtac.jpg

I decided to stick with what i know in regards to tactics and will set up my formation that i used with Haarlem and PSV which seemed to bring me success. Im just hoping it works in Spanish football escpecially with all the attacking talent in the La Liga today.

I will update transfers around january time when theyve all been completed to see who has left the club and who is joining me, Will i raid PSV????? Or will i go for the Galacticos now i can afford and attract them....

2013/14  Holland   PSV            Eredivisie League      1st         League Champions
2014/15  Holland   PSV            Eredivisie League      n/a         Resigned after 10 games to move to Madrid.
2014/15  Spain     Real Madrid    La Liga                ??          ??

International

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer Update

transfw.jpg

how bad do i feel all of a sudden. Yes i went back and raided former club and took all the youngsters to Madrid with me, It felt like i ripped out the heart of the club leaving them short of numbers even but with just under £60million for the transfers im sure they could sign a few players to cover the damage i did. I signed some players from PSV out of loyalty more than class as i dont feel some of them will make it at Madrid but i felt they deserved the chance at a huge club and i wanted to continue to over see there develpoment. Footballs a harsh business but its got to be done.

Senderos and bilbao were already signed before i joined and Senderos was quickly out the door as he couldnt make it at Arsenal he wont make it here. I removed a lot of dead wood with Metzelder, Agbonhalor and Guberti all being shown the door by myself. I raked in around £22million for the players who were shown the door and i spent just under £80million most of that going to PSV. I also signed Akinfeev who was available on a free transfer but compensation stated i had to pay just under £6million.

I also had advice from my scouts to sign these two youngsters who have potential to reach Ramos current level of ability and if one of them does then i would be very happy.

Fabrice Le Meur A 15 year old centre back who looks like he could become a class act and the future of Real Madrid, Wether thats with me or not. He cost me a whopping £7.5million

Dylan Gautheron is another centre back who has high prospects in like to reach his goal to become a world class defender, He also cost me around £7million.

Possible transfers

Damien Galindez 22 year old AMC currently at Dortmund looks a very good player and with Alonso getting old and Diarra not far behind i am looking to create an attack minded middle of the park with Canales already there, This guy next to him would rock the world im sure of that. He is going to be costly though.

Romelu Lukaku With only 3 strikers at the club with Benzema, Higuain and Roos at the club i felt we are in need of a 4th striker and Romelu fits the bill, A paerfect goalscorer to come of the bench to turn games around, Again might be costly.

End of Season 2014/15

Trophys won

la-liga-trophy1.jpg2007-12-16t144341z_01_yok534_rtridsp_3_soccer-club-world_40374_sq_medium.jpg?w=180&h=180

After a few years from the top two wilderness it seemed prettty straight forward in winning the Title as we stormed the league with ease. We seemed to take our foot of the gas once it was wrapped up and that cost us as we went out of the Champions League to eventual winners Sporting CP who beat Atletico Madrid in the final. During the season i did feel we needed another striker or two to use as cover and well it would show as all the players i signed from PSV werent eligible to play in Europe and we went into the quarter final second leg with no first team strikers and had to use my u-19s strikers. Thankfully we struggled to get through, But as i said we were out the next round. We went out to Sevilla in the Spanish cup 5th round but won the World club Cup beating Corinthians in the final 2-0.

champslgea.jpg

Our champions League run above, I thought we shouldve won the competition but were knocked out by suprise package Sporting CP who also beat our rivals Atletico Madrid thankfully as it wouldve hurt to watch them win it.

reallge.jpg

As i said we demolished the lead but took our foot of the gas towards the end once we were crowned champions but it didnt help we were suffering with a few injuries to key players like Benzema and Higuain leaving me with a youthful strike force but a good one. So to finish with such a huge gap is great but i did feel it was an easy challenge that i wasnt really looking for, Until we were knocked out of the Champions League. I want to win that trophy before i leave Spain and if i cant win it with Real Madrid then i shouldnt be a manager.

2014/15  Holland   PSV            Eredivisie League      n/a         Resigned after 10 games to move to Madrid.
2014/15  Spain     Real Madrid    La Liga                1st         League Winners,Club World Cup winners.

International

Real Madrid 2015/16

teamot.jpg

The squad now has a great blend of youth and experience in the team now and with most of the dead wood now out i can concentrate on bringing up the next Kaka or Ronaldo. Its not exactly the Real Madrid way who in the past would spend huge amounts of cash to bring in 'Galacticos' instead i changed the clubs philosphy and way of thinking by nurturing superstars rather than buying them. My main concern is the ages of Casillas and Kaka who are approaching the ends of there glorious carer. But i do feel i have great cover with the up and coming stars in Sven Kuipers who could replace Kaka when needed.

transfersc.jpg

Players in

I spent £61million improving my squad but still didnt manage to bring a striker in at the club but with Sven Kuipers also able to play as a striker i didnt want to waste huge money on a striker who would sit on the bench, I did put in a bid for Lukaku of £50million but was rejected by Juventus so that made my mind up really. I did however sign Damien Galindez who cost me £46.5million which seemed steep but considering they asked for £61million it was negiotiated down by £20milllion. He is an AMC who looks a world class player already but wether he fits into Spanish football and Real Madrid is the big question, Especially with such a huge tag price on his head. My scouts recomended Matthew Blake Who could become as good as Ronaldo so he was a definate purchase from Man city for £10million. If he reaches those levels it would be considered a bargain even at that price. I also brought in two 16 year olds Oscar and Gurpegi for the future but there nothing special at the moment.

Players Out

With the new additions in the club unfortunatly some had to leave and Alan Gagatov would be shipped out for £22million while Marcelo also left the club bringing in £13million and Alonso returned to former club Liverpool. Also released were a few youth players who didnt do enough to secure a contract at the club.

With £61 million spent i made a return of £38million to soften the blow even though i was given £145million to spend i certainly didnt need it.

Real Madrid update 2015/16

tablesofa.jpg

we sit in 2nd position but only just after a slow start to the campaign im hoping now to pick up some form to continue our assualt on the title race.

sofaw.jpg

Mixed results at the start of the campaign as we struggled to overcome Getafe in the Super Cup running out eventual winners 3-1 AET. Ronaldo and Higuain seem to be dragging us through at the moment while Benzema and a few others seem to be struggling but i have faith for the moment and hoping a goal from Benzema in his last game would do him the world of good, Especially as its Barcelona away next.

squadsofa.jpg

Theres definatly plenty more gears my squad can shift through before the seasons out especially if were going to win the title and become champions of europe then gears must be pushed straight away.

champlgeee.jpg

If were going to be crowned champions of Europe then it looks like its going to be the hard way with a tough group consisting of Porto, Liverpool and Zenit from Russia, We started away to Porto and scored 3 goals but conceded 2 but 3 points is 3 points and next up we welcome Liverpool who return to the champions league for a first time in a few years.

2014/15  Spain     Real Madrid    La Liga                1st         League Winners,Club World Cup winners.
2015/16  Spain     Real Madrid    La Liga                ??          Super Cup Winners,
International

Skysports Breaking News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brazil_flag.jpg

So i was back in the international scene this time with Brazil who with an ageing squad and recent below par perfomances at the World Cup i was offered the opportunity to make amends and bring Brazil back to the former years when they were the most feared team in the World.

brazilsq.jpg

With an ageing squad i removed the likes of Maicon, Julio Cesar and Thiago Motta who were the wrong side of 30 and well trimmed the squad down as much as i could before i go and search for next Brazillian superstars. I kept some experience in the squad with Alves, Kaka and Hulk still in the squad. I also dropped Robinho also who doesnt look the player he once was. Neymar will definatly be one of my biggest stars for Brazil. He currently plays for rivals Atletico Madrid. My first game will be against Colombia in the World Cup qualifying group.

Impressive career mate getting to Real Madrid (3rd person in the Careers Forums AFAIK to be tempted to go there :p).

Great work in bringing PSV where they belong (champions and above Ajax :thup:) and good luck with Brazil, just don't be mad if they sack you after you lose a game. :p

Tiger has had more birds than clubs.
Impressive career mate getting to Real Madrid (3rd person in the Careers Forums AFAIK to be tempted to go there :p).

Great work in bringing PSV where they belong (champions and above Ajax :thup:) and good luck with Brazil, just don't be mad if they sack you after you lose a game. :p

thanks mate yeh i used to love managing them on cm03 when they had robben,hofland and van bommell in there team

Real Madrid 2016/17..End of the road??

We made two cup finals in the Spanish cup and Champions league once again with me determined this time to win it after losing to Sporting in the last year final. We met Sporting in the knock out stage and got our revenge with a 6-0 agg win which possibly showed there triumph last season was a one off. However they did knock out Barcelona on there way to meet me. We would play Bayern in the final and Valencia in the spanish cup final.

league22.jpg

The league however we were part of a chasing pack behind Atl madrid who were on a storming run on 40 games unbeaten a new league record aswell to rub the salts into the wounds. we huffed and puffed but a defeat top Espanyol and a draw with Getafe possibly ended our title ambition. After those two results we went into our next game at home against Atletico Madrid and a win was a must if we were gonna have a sneaky chance. we played them off the park and won 4-2 but had we left it to late as we were still 6 points behind with a game in hand but we played 35 games and them 36 so we had to win every game for a chance. a slim one if that. Atl Madrid won there next game 5-0 to really put the pressure on us. we played Osasuna and took an expected 3 points.Our game in hand was Sevilla at home and only 3 points would do unless it was over for us but a 4-2 win put it right down to the last day. Atletico Madrid needed a draw to win the title in there last game against 19th placed Xerez so a miracle was definataly needed while we travelled to Hercules. We took the lead on the 11th minute but Atletico scord in the 12th in there game. At half time we were 3-0 up but Atletico were 2-0 up and didnt look like losing especially at home. The dream was over for us as we finish runners up as Atletico win 3-0 with a hat trick from Neymar which overshadowed our 5-1 win and with us scoring over hundred goals in the league aswell it was a disapointing end to the league campaign.

clwin.jpg

We had to dust ourselves down from the league disapointment as we still had the champions league final held at Ibrox against Bayern. We sailed through the group stages before meeting French champions and mega rich Bordauex in the first round of qualifying we saw them off with an agg 4-2 win before meeting last years winners Sporting who we crushed and took our revenge finally. In the semi final we woud be pitted with Man city who seem to be the big gun from england these days. We drew the home leg 1-1 when they scored an away goal in the 93rd minute so we knew we had to travel to Man city and attack and we did as we scored 3 goals but conceded 2 as we won the match 3-2. It could of been different though as Barry hit the bar and adebayor had a goal ruled out under controversial circumstances but i didnt care. So we flew to Sunny Scotland and prepared well for the final and it showed as we won 3-1 but it was a tight affair with 3 of the goals coming in the last 15 minutes as we are crowned European Champions.

cupwin.jpg

Another cup win to add to the collection with the same scoreline as we see of Valencia 3-1 to win the Spanish cup we had previously knocked out Cartenga,Real Oviedo Atletico Madrid and Sevilla on route to the final. so a double was not a bad consolation from losing the title on the last day.

I sat down with my players just before they jetted off to the euros or on holiday for the players who werent going and decided to tell them that i would be stepping down as manager of Real Madrid and moving onto new pastures. There were a lot of sad players in the room who tried there best to beg me to stay but i felt in myself i had won it all with real and there was nothing left to win. I felt i would be leavving the club in perfect condition with many young players now in the first team squad capable of winning titles for many years. The board did there best also in trying to change my mind but i was strong and stepped down straight away leaving enough time for them to find a replacement for me. I left Real Madrid but my heart would stay............................

2015/16  Spain     Real Madrid    La Liga                2nd         Super Cup Winners,Champions League Winner, Spanish Cup winner.

International

2015/16  Brazil    WCQ            ??

Cardiff City 2016/17

CardiffLogo_Animation.gif

With me now searching for jobs and with the possiblilty of many i decided that i would now travel to the UK to find a job and wasnt waiting long as i was offered the chance at my home town club of Cardiff City who were in dire straights. They had just been relegated to League 1 after falling out of the championship and key player and captain Joe Ledley had already agreed to join Sporting for £4.7million. A huge rebuild would be needed but somehow i know i wont be receiving the financial luxury i had at Real here at Cardiff. Especially with chairman David Sullivan at the helm. But with that challenge itself i had been here before with haarlem where i started my career on a shoe string budget. the players are still on there holidays but ive been announced and held my press conference to show the world where my next step would be. A huge shock im sure especially when i could possibly manage a bigger club but that it something i didnt want.

more to follow...

Archived