[FM10] More clubs than Tiger Woods

jackripper

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Laying the foundation

CardiffLogo_Animation.gif

League 1 football for the Bluebirds who have fallen dramatically from one time in the english premier league and a slide into lower league football. Cardiff finished in 22nd place and has one of the oldest squads in the league. With Talisman Joe Ledley leaving the club along with loyal servant Kevin Mcnaughton it was my first job to replace them and hopefully find players of the same quality. If i was going to do that then it would probably be through my reputation and not the clubs unfortunatly but im hoping that will change. Finances for a league 1 side are great with £5million in the bank. Most of that from the sale of Joe will help run the club through this difficult time.

I met David Sullivan in a hotel to discuss how were going to take the club forward and back into the championship atleast. We agreed on a transfer budget of £2.3million which makes me one of the richest for our league. Even though it no where near Real Madrid money. The club is valued at £16million but carrying a debt of £1.9million which these days is not so bad but debt is still debt.

ccfctra.jpg

Players In

So into the transfer market i went looking for someone to replace Joe Ledley as a start and Kevin Mcnaughton and maybe a few defenders as that is where we seem a bit low on cover at the moment. I snapped up Markus Lake on a free transfer mainly for cover, Also 22 year old Belgian defender Jeffrey Desmedt arrived on a free transfer. Left back was my weakest part of the squad so i managed to bring in 21 year old Emilio from Spanish side Sporting B for a fee of £350k. Another spanish player signed for me was a full back who can play both positions so his versatility would be a great advantage for us, as we bring in Ortiz to the club. i also persuaded Spurs reject John Bostock who was released by them to join Cardiff City and would possibly be my replacement for Joe, But lack of games in recent seasons could be a gamble on him but for free i was laughing. I also signed Ex Man United youth player Eztil Hussain for a fee of £375k from Itallian side Catania.

With Newcastle as my feeder club i thought id request a loan report to see who they would be willing to come down to South Wales and help us fight back into the big time. We agreed that Lescue a 17 year old AML from France would make the step down and gain some first team football experience. Newcastle have high hopes for this youngster so where better than Cardiff to learn his trade. I also agreed to bring down Andy Bates an 18 year old AMR who will also hope to gain first team football before returning to the 'Toon'.

Players out

With a small squad inherited there was not much movement in regards to players leaving the club with Joe Ledley and Kevin Mcnaughton already agreed transfers. I did however sell Theo Robinson for £150k and tried to sell Bothroyd who now at 34 was passed it even at this level. He rejected offers from a few clubs and now intends to retire at the end of the season.

ccfsqau.jpg

My squad given the task of returning us straight back to the Championship is a strong one especially for this division and i am expecting to come away with the title. If not then anything else would be a disapoitment. I managed to trim some of the older players off the wage budget and brought in some youthful players to bring the age down a little bit. The media have made us favourites to finish top and that is what i demand as this squad is more than capable of mixing it with Championship sides never mind league 1. Overall im happy with the squad i have at my disposal but over the next season or 2 i will be looking to replace some of the older players with fresh youth. as long as we get out of this division..............

Season   Country  Club               League              Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10  Holland   Haarlem        Jupiler League         17th        Avoided Relegation with 5 games to go.
2010/11  Holland   Haarlem        Jupiler League         1st         League Winners.
2011/12  Holland   Haarlem        Eredivisie League      14th        Avoided Relegation, Resigned.
2012/13  Holland   PSV            Eredivisie League      1st         League Champions,Dutch cup winners.
2013/14  Holland   PSV            Eredivisie League      1st         League Champions
2014/15  Holland   PSV            Eredivisie League      n/a         Resigned after 10 games to move to Madrid.
2014/15  Spain     Real Madrid    La Liga                1st         League Winners,Club World Cup winners.
2015/16  Spain     Real Madrid    La Liga                2nd         Super Cup Winners,Champions League Winner, Spanish Cup winner.
2016/17  England   Cardiff City   Premier League         ??           ??
International

Season   Country   Competition    Acheivements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14  Ghana     World Cup      World Cup Quarter Finalists.
2015/16  Brazil    WCQ            ??

Monthly Update

August 2016

League One 2016

Crewe 0-2 CardiffCity

Opening day sees us travel to Crewe and 2 goals from Mike Welch sets us on our way to taking 3 points in what couldve been a tricky tie.

League Cup 2016

Leyton Orient 0-3 Cardiff City

First round draw saw us pitted against League 2 side Leyton Orient and i put out a strong team as i feel the money made from good cup runs will help maintain the club. Goals from newcastle players Bates and Lescure score a goal apeice before James Tunnicliffe completed the rout.

League One 2016

Cardiff City 0-0 Preston NE

Our first home game of the season and we faced Preston who now seem to be stuck in this League after relegation in 2011, something i didnt want to happen at Cardiff. A bore draw was the outcome.

League One 2016

Carlisle 0-0 Cardiff City

Another goalless draw in a drab match as we struggled to break Carlisle down. Chopra up front seems to be struggling to might try and bring in a striker as goalos could be our biggest problem.

League One 2016

Cardiff City 1-0 Peteborough

Finally we got a goal even if it was from the penalty spot. Hussain stepped up and scored the only goal of the game in the 7th minute, We created more chances but couldnt finish them off.

Latest News

With the lack of goals at the moment i moved swiftly into the loan market to see what was avaiable and after contacting West Brom and burnely respectively we agreed season long loans for strikers David Garcia and Wim Gabriels who could surely add the fire power to fire us out of this league.

League Cup 2nd round 2016

Cardiff City 1-0 Fulham

Once of the Premier League we pulled out Championship side Fulham, In a way a great test to see if this squad was capable of matching one of the better teams in the Championship. It was a match played at a slow pace and we scored the only goal as free signing comes of the bench to score the winner.However we lost Winger Bates in the match and will be out for 4 weeks so a major blow but we go through to the 3rd round.

League One 2016

Port Vale 0-2 Cardiff City

Back to league action now and with the cup tie taking a lot of effort out of my players most of them could do with a rest but with some injuries already in the camp we had to soldier on. James Tunnicliffe opened the scoring for us before Anthony Gerrard doubled the lead as we run out 2-0 winners.

Monthly Review

augt.jpg

A good start to the campaign as we are in the 3rd round of the League Cup where we will travel to Ipswich. We currently sit 2nd in the table 1 point behind the leaders, But its still so early at the moment and its a marathon not a sprint.

Cardiff City 2016/17-A Walk in the park?

CardiffLogo_Animation.gif

ccfcchamp.jpg

We were made favourites even with losing Joe Leldey and Kevin Mcnaughton and we lived up to that tag as we walk the league amassing a huge 102 points and scoring goals for fun. We won the title with a few games to go so i tested a few youht players out to see what they were made off but no one stood out. We had good cup runs as we reached the 4th round of the League cup before being knocked out by Manchester United 1-0 at the Cardiff City Stadium. The FA cup we were drawn Premier league opposition Stoke and after drawing the first game 2-2 we played the replay at Stoke and lost 1-0 but it was a good result even though we lost.

financeskm.jpg

After starting the campaign with around £5million in the bank we found ourselves over £1million now in the red mainly due to the £15million loan we were paying back to the bank, However that loan was fully paid by the turn of 2017 but we still lost money every month. How the finances will shape for next season i dont know but at the moment it doesnt look great.

ccfcsq.jpg

I was happy with the squads perfromance this season as we won the title and i feel this team would possibly challenge for a play off spot next season and not fight to avoid relegation. Mike Welch looks a great striker. My 4 players who brought in on loan have left the club and i doubt il be in hat market again depending on finances. I am looking to sign players on contracts now so i can build a team and not have the incosistency of different players every year.

Next Season

My aim is to win the Champions League with the first Welsh team so that means i could be sticking around for a few years. As long as finances and results help me build the club to that level that is.

Season   Country  Club               League              Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10  Holland   Haarlem        Jupiler League         17th        Avoided Relegation with 5 games to go.
2010/11  Holland   Haarlem        Jupiler League         1st         League Winners.
2011/12  Holland   Haarlem        Eredivisie League      14th        Avoided Relegation, Resigned.
2012/13  Holland   PSV            Eredivisie League      1st         League Champions,Dutch cup winners.
2013/14  Holland   PSV            Eredivisie League      1st         League Champions
2014/15  Holland   PSV            Eredivisie League      n/a         Resigned after 10 games to move to Madrid.
2014/15  Spain     Real Madrid    La Liga                1st         League Winners,Club World Cup winners.
2015/16  Spain     Real Madrid    La Liga                2nd         Super Cup Winners,Champions League Winner, Spanish Cup winner.
2016/17  England   Cardiff City   League 1              1st         League 1 winners.

International

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17  Brazil    Confed Cup     Sacked after 1 game.
2016/17  Brazil    WCQ Grp         3rd place after 14 games.

Brazil Confederations Cup

brazil_flag.jpg

brazilcc.jpg

I went with a youthful looking team with the exception of one or two players. We havent exactly set the world alight since i took over at the helm as you will see in my World Cup qualifying update. I felt with a rather poor performance here in the Confederations cup could possibly see me being shown the door at Brazil. Especially if they take into account my qaulifying campaign. Still i look forward to the competition.

Confederations cup Group stage

We were drawn in a group with Mexico, Italy and New Caledonia. Tough games against Italy and Mexico but we should see off New Caledonia.

Brazil 0-1 Italy

We opened the campaign with the hardest game in the group against Italy. We started slowly and italy capatilised by opening the scoring through Cerci. We then had the chance to equalise after winning a penalty but Guclano put it wide and we lose 1-0. Not the start i had in mind.

sacked.jpg

Unfortunatly that result seemed enough for the Brazilian FA to cut there losses with me and look for someone else to take the nation forward. I was a bit disapointed they didnt let me finish the tournament but i guess they would rather use 35 year old house hold names than look to the future. My first sacking of my career so far and disapointed i wasnt given enough time but releived as the Brazillian players just didnt seem to want to play for me.

2016/17  England   Cardiff City   League 1               1st         League 1 winners.

International

2016/17  Brazil    WCQ Grp        3rd place after 14 games.

takeova2.jpg

The takeover went through and then this...

takeova4.jpg

so an investement of £6million in to the clubs coffers will do me lovely. With this i asked the board to upgrade training and youth facilities which has been agreed. So far so good with the new owners.

Looking good so far an easy league win and a few million invested plus the upgrades to training and youth. Well done on winning the league so easily. The Brazil thing is annoying as they seem to sack managers for losing just one game here and there or for not winning the World Cup. Any more plans for international management?

Cardiff City 2017/18--Art of Defending or not!!

If we could hold onto a clean sheet then we wouldve been crowned champions before Christmas but my defence was weak and struggled all season. It summed it up when leading 4-0 to draw 4-4 in one match in particular. I knew that we needed to score atleast 3 goals just to make sure wed have a chance of winning as i knew we would concede. Im looking to strengthen my defence and a new goalkeeper to make an assualt on the play offs. For the neutrals watching us play wouldve been a joy but not for the manager i can assure you.

Media prediction 17th.

Board Prediction Mid Table.

Finished 9th.

League Table -Predicted to fight relegation but a solid campaign sees us finish top half of table a few points behind the play off places. One of the highest scoring team but also one of most conceded.

Transfers--Had a budget of £1.4million and spent £130k as we had a low bank balance so didnt want to spent the whole budget. Signings did nothing to note and no one stands out. Brought in £85k for Chopra who left to join Barnsley. I wish him well.

Domestic Cups--Nothing to write about as we lose to Oxford 2-1 in 1st round of League Cup and lose 4-2 to Bogey team Norwich and player Ishameal miller 4-2 so a disapointment but meaning i could concentrate on the League.

Cardiff City Squad--Attacking wise i couldnt of asked for more but my defence is definatly not championship standard never mind Premier League standard. Big changes needed in the defence and goalkeeper apartment ready for next season.

Key Players

Francisco Ortiz--Possibly the only defender in the sqaud capable of playing at this level. Needs the same quality around him.

Etzaz Hussain--Another great season for the club and has made most fans forget about Joe Ledley im sure. Could easily play in the Premier League.

Mike Welch-- Striker with goals in him and a great future with the club. Replaced legend Chopra as main goal threat. More of the same please.

2016/17  England   Cardiff City   League 1               1st         League 1 winners.
2017/18  England   Cardiff City   Championship           9th         N/A

International

Cardiff City 2017/18--Wheeling and Dealing like Del Boy

Transfers In

With new owners at the helm they backed me completly by giving me £4.2million to get out of this league and into the big time.

Imanol Zabaza- Striker from Arsenal who is a quality player who spent last seson on loan with us. I was suprised they accepted for a low amount but for me its a huge bargain. Great Finisher.

Jon Davenport-- An 18 year old goalkeeper with good potential on a free transfer. Great handling and ariel ability for someone so young.

Brian Cartwright-- 18 year old Midfeilder who could become a first team player in next few years. Great dertimination and will work his socks off for the team.

Luke Fitter--18 year old left back who would become back up more or less. A creative player but needs work on other aspects of his game.

Shaun Bower--At only 17 this young goalkeeper would be my first choice as i fele David Marshall isnt good enough to get me out of this league. Huge faith will be put into this young star.

Loans in

Simon Walker--Centre back on a season loan from Manchester United.

Andy Bates -- Winger from Newcastle who is on his second loan spell at the club.

Transfer outs

No one has left the club but i will be looking to get rid of some players. Possibly Anthony Gerrard whos getting on a bit.

Cardiff City 2018/19 -Sing when your winning!!

A great season for the club as we reach the promised land as champions of the Championship. A huge feat for a club that was predicted mid table. We also reached the Semi Final of the FA Cup with a great run even if it was a long one i might add. The League cup was also similar with us doing well in that cup. My squad is young and hungry for more success. As long as i can keep them which will be my biggest fight.

League Table-- It took us around 38 games to reach the top of the league and when we got there we had the squad to keep us there. The turning point would be when we scored in the 95th minute against Bristol City to take 3 points near the closing stage of the season. Impressed that we won but with the squad i had it was always a possiblilty. Even if no one else thought the same.

Squad-- Goals from all around as my top scorer this season is my left winger which suprised me a bit considering the strikers i have at the club. A relativly young sqaud which can only get better. Im debating wether to give these guys the chance with the big boys or bring in quality players knowing they could possibly keep me up. Im undecided and will see how much im allowed to spend in the summer.

FA Cup-- What is it with Cardiff and the FA Cup?? After losing to Portsmouth in the final in 2008 we managed to reach the semi final this year before losing to Manchester United 4-1 at a sun soaked Wembley. We played more games than it wouldve taken to win the tournament with virtually every round i played needng a replay. We didnt play any of the big hitters as we see of Wolves, Middlesboro, QPR and then struggling West Ham to reach the semis before being ripped apart by Manchester United. We beat West Ham on Penalties.

League Cup-- We destroyed Stevenage 8-0 in the first round, Then we struggled to overcome Morcambe 1-0 before knocking out Stockport on penatlies. We then played Aston Villa in the 4th round but the journey ended there as they beat us 1-0 and advanced to the next round. Good cup runs in both competitions.

Key Players

Marcus Lake -- My top scorer and not even my striker which suprises me a bit as we have quality strikers at the club. A true star at the club and keeping him will be essential in our fight for survival in the big pond.

John Bostock--Possibly one of the greatest free signings the club has ever made, controlled the middle of the park and ran most games with his class. A premier League player definately.

Francisco Ortiz-- Another great season from my left back as he continues where he left off from last season. Lets hope he steps it up again next season.

Next Season

To survive in the Premier League of course. Wether we will or not i dont know but it will all depend on what is available and who i can attract to the club while not spending huge on wages or transfer fees. The cups wont be my attention this season as i want to survive. Il also keep an eye on finances and making sure that if we do go down we wont run into huge debt.

2018/19  England   Cardiff City   Championship           1st         League Winners, Fa Cup semi Finalists.

International

russian-flag-640.jpg?w=300&h=239

Back on the International scene and this time i take the reigns of Russia and the board have given me the type of job i just love doing and that is build a future for the country in World football.

rusiaa.jpg

Russia Squad-- Not the best squad in the world but with a great goalkeeper in Akinfeev i could use him as the base of the team and build from there really. Other good players in the squad are Gagatov and Alan Dzaegov who are expereinced enough to blood my youngsters. The squad already boasts many great youngsters who ply there trade at some of the Worlds biggest clubs.

Euro qualifying Group--In a group with Wales,Sweden,Israle and Armenia its shocking to see Russia struggling in 4th place, some way off the top team who are suprisingly Wales. It was no wonder the board sacked the previous manager but it could be too late for even me to try and save but il give it a go.

Cardiff City 2019/20-Shoppings is for Real Men!!

transfer2020.jpg

Transfers In

Emanuel Villbalba--My record signing costing me a whopping £15million, I didnt really want to spend huge amounts in the market but my defence were so poor running up to Christmas i had no choice.

Paul Sanderson--21 year old defender signed from Wolves. Mainly used as back up and a possible future player.

Marco Verratti AMC found on the transfer market and a bargain at £1.5 million. Straight into my first team.

Jozsef Antal--Another defender for the future with some great stats for his age but playing close to his potentail so probably wont improve greatly.

Johannes Finkes--A centre back with huge potential apparantly but suffers from dealing with pressure which seems to get to him quite easy. A problem i need to adress if hes going to become a great centre back.

Karl Walsh- signed when only 15 years old a young striker with great stats and recently become Cardiffs youngest ever goalscorer. A huge future ahead of him for sure.

Javier Moreno--Centre midfeilder also found on the transfer list. Looks like hes going to be essential to my team and my fight for survival.

Players Out

I sold David Marshall to Sunderland for just under £200k and also Darcy Blake went out on loan with a fee of £350k with possible transfer of £1.6million which im hoping they agree as i really dont need him at the club. Released a few youth players aswell so not much activity in regards to people leaving the club mainly becuase no one wants them as i have a few players stuck on the transfer list.

Transfer Round Up

Given a £24.5million budget to fight relegation i spent virtually all of it and well with me spending that i must garauntee survival or we could be looking at financial trouble if we are relegated. But with the players i have now i should stay up.....hopefully!!

I also resigned as russia coach as they didnt qualify for the euros and it was starting to be a bit of a pain with the freindlies, Il probably take a job when i have established cardiff into a premier league team..wether that be the next 2 seasons or the next 10 years i dont know.

Cardiff City 2020/21--Big things come in Small packages

Well what can i say? We played well above our limits all season and showed some true class in many of our games. We sat in the top 4 virtually all season and we made the Champions League in only our 2nd season in the Premier League.

Squad--Great performances throughout the whole squad, even the players who had to step in all stepped up and performed great for me. A young and strong squad with greta potential.

Transfers--Given £34.5million to spend i intended to bring in quality players who can take this club to the next level. Spent £16.25million for english striker Jonathan Evans from Juventus and is a true class act. Also signed another defender to step into the club with Arnaldo arriving for £7.5million. Going out would see Hussain leave the club along with Welch which was a hard decision but he wasnt cutting it at this level so time for him to move on. I brought in £8.5million.

League Table--Well the picture doesnt lie and yes that is Cardiff City sat in position, People could argue we over acheived and is probably a one off but i have a young squad which can only get better..i hope.

FA Cup--We beat Hartlepool and Reading before a 4-0 hammering to Middlesborough send us packing in the 5th round.

League Cup--We beat Oxford and huddersfeild to reach the 4th round again but this time lose to Man city.

Key Players

Arnaldo--Classy centre back who came into the team and has done wonders for the club.

Jonathan Evans--My record signing and striker from Juventus repaid his £16.25million price tag with 18 goals in 34 appearances in his debut season.

Tom O Hanlon--Followed on from previous season with some important goals and bringing others into play with his unselfishness. Underated player.

2018/19  England   Cardiff City   Championship           1st         League Winners, Fa Cup semi Finalists.
2019/20  England   Cardiff City   Premier League         13th        Avoided Relgeation
2020/21  England   Cardiff City   Premier League         2nd         Qualified for champions League.

International

2019/20  Russia    Euro QF Gp     Resigned after 2 games as couldnt qualify.

Cardiff City Youth stars

With state of the art youth facillities i am going to concentrate on bringing youth players through and see if i can find the clubs next Aaron Ramsey or Joe Ledley. Heres a list of some of my talented future superstars. Some of these were signed as we have not had starte of art facilities for long enough to bear the fruits just yet.

Ben Owen--17 year old striker with a good eye for goal, Scored a couple of goals in league cup for me last season.Will look to play some more games but will spend most of season in reserves.

Alan Thomas--15 years old Centre midfeilder who is labelled as one of the best of his generation and with those stats really has a great future ahead of him at the club but too young for first team football.

Charlie Smith--Another Centre mid who started a few cup games last season and did impress when he played. Possible loan move on horizon.

Daniel Jones--19 year old right back who came through the youth ranks here at the club, Pushing for a starting place but not sure if hes good enough for this level just yet.

And a couple of more youngsters signed for the club with great futures......

Del Vecchio--17 year old italian left back who already in my first team plans, A potential superstar with the world at his feet. Even for a left back.

Karl Walsh--16 year old striker, Not really from my youth acadamy but signed for £1mil looks a great bargain and worth a mention in this list. Possible loan move out for the player.

Had this huge bid in for my new signing...

jorgio.jpg

jorgetra.jpg

Its £11,5mil straight up then £52million over 30 months. he is my star player but that money sounds very tempting. I have good finances at the moment too so i pushed the boat out and asked for £100mil and they came back and said no...

Just been catching up on what I have missed on this thread. Great progress with Cardiff, I would have probably accepted that bid but then again I guess it's easy to say when I am not the one faced with the choice of selling my best player. Good luck dude.

Brazil is definatly the place to make money. They come in and leave after 1 year for at least double what you paid lol.

I am having real trouble holding onto my young stars at Pro Vercelli

Cardiff City 2021/22--Living the Dream!

A great season again as we make our champions League debut and once again suprise ourselves with another good position in the League Table. Finances see us finish just over £3million in the red but prize money should put us back in the black once again. il try to cut down on spending huge amounts and possibly build my own stars.

Transfers--Spent a whopping £52million on players in the summer with jorge costing me around £32million from Lyon. I also signed Christian Mills from Man city for £11.25million and also a few other young players, Mainly goalkeepers as we lack in real quality in that area at the moment. I managed to bring in around £28million with players leaving such as Verratti to city for £16million. Also leaving Adam Matthews for £3mil and Paul sanderson for around £2.5mill.

Squad--Once again great performances from my young squad and with a taste of Champions League football maybe next season we can reach the qualifying rounds of the competition. as long as we get an easier group this time round.

League Table--Not as good as last season but we finish 3rd which is brilliant and once again were in with Europies big guns. Elsewhere Liverpool and United finish mid table while sunderland finish bottom picking up a measly 5 points and falling into administration.

Champ League--Our first ever time in europes biggest competition and we were handed the toughest draw of all with Barca,Lyon and Benfica. We beat Lyon and suprisingly beat Barcelona at home which was a great game marred by a red card for Barca ut every little helps. We then drew with Benfica but finished bottom of the group with the same points as Benfica.

FA Cup--Great run in the FA Cup as we reach the 6th round before losing to Chelsea in a close game.

League Cup--Poor as we lose in 3rd round to West Brom 1-0.

Key Players

Karl Walsh--My young striker blossomed this season with 30 goals in 38 appearances shows just how lethal this kid is. My best player last season easily.

Christian Mills--My signing from Man City was bought to replace Verratti who went the other way. Stepped into my first team with ease and brought us attacking quality to the side.

Anotonio Del Veccio--For a player thats only 18 years old hes producing some fine form for some one such a young age. a regular starter in my squad with a great future.

Emanuel Vilvalba--My star defender once again reassured the backline with some great perfromances all through the season. My rock at the back.

Next Season

To hopefully reach a domestic cup final and reach the qualifying rounds of the Champions League and a respectable league position.

england-flag-pic-rex-361150275.jpg

So i was back into International management and this time i was taken over England just in time for the qualifying group for the World Cup Qualifying to begin. We were handed an easy group and i should have no problems with making it through.

World Cup QF Group 7--We sailed through the group with a 100% record winning all 10 matches and only conceding 3 goals and scoring 33 which has set up a platform for my players ahead of the upcoming European Championship

World Cup Qualifying results--Scoring 33 goals and conceding 3 was brilliant from my young team but we have to remember we played lower opposition than us and well have to step it up in the upcoming european championship.

England Squad--I got rid of the likes of Rodwell and a few others who were approaching or past the 30 age mark and went with a youhtful team especially as we had such an easy group to get past. I seem to have shaken off the Golden Generation now with my oldest player being

2019/20  England   Cardiff City   Premier League         13th        Avoided Relgeation
2020/21  England   Cardiff City   Premier League         2nd         Qualified for champions League.
2021/22  England   Cardiff City   Premier League         3rd         n/a

International

2019/20  Russia    Euro QF Gp     Resigned after 2 games as couldnt qualify.
2021/22  England   WCQ Grp        Group Winners.

england-flag-pic-rex-361150275.jpg

Englands World Cup 2022

So we fly across the pond to USA where the World Cup is being held and we arrive earlier than planned so i can prepare my players with the time difference and the heat differences. Stupidly i picked only 21 players but my assistant or someone picked the other two being rodwell and smallwood who i didnt really want in my squad but thats the price i pay for such a simple mistake. We were drawn in Group E with australia, holland and Senegal. possibly an easy group apart form holland so i will be looking to win the group and make the next round with out any difficulties.

World Cup Group E

England 1-0 Australia (Blake)

We started our World Cup against Australia and i wanted 3 points and possibly a few goals to make up our goal difference as this could be the key between top and second in the group. We started the match slowly as did Australia and it seemed to be a drab match but we scored the only goal when Real Madrid winger Mathew Blake pounced in the 40th minute to take the 3 points. Bit disapointed we didnt add to the tally but a wins a win. Star Striker Flickroft picked up an injury and could miss the World Cup which is a blow.

World Cup Group E

England 2-0 Holland (Bramley,Blake)

So we headed into the possibly the group decider against a talented Dutch side. Star striker Flickroft from Manchester United didnt make it so instepped Barry Jones to make his debut for England. We came out and attacked straight from the off and the pressure told as we took a lead through midfeilder Ian Bramley. Blake then scored his 2nd goal of the tournament as we took a 2-0 lead at HT. We held on to win 2-0 and qualify for the next round with a game to spare.

World Cup Group E

England 1-1 Senegal (Jones)

We went into the final game knowing we had already qualified but i didnt want to show any complacancy towards our African opponents and wanted to win this match with some style. I made no changes as i wanted to keep the continuity running through my squad even if it did risk inuries and tiredness for the next round. Barry Jones opened his England account with a goal in the first 10 mins but Senegal equalised around half hour mark. It stayed that way and it was us and Senegal who would go through. Holland were disapointing and finished bottom of the group.

wcgr.jpg

Englands World Cup 2022

The 2nd round was drawn as stated below.

2ndd.jpg

World Cup 2nd round

England 1-2 Ulkraine(Blake)

We now faced Ulkraine in the 2nd round and i knew we should walk this game as ulkraine seem to be one of the weaker sides in the competition. I recalled flitcroft who came back from injury along side Jones up front. Elsewhere was the same eleven. How wrong was i?? We lost the match 2-1 after a disapoitning performance from all over the feild left me raging as we went out in the 2nd round. Im not a happy man to be honest as we should won this match with ease. blake scored for us and also hi the post and we also managed to crack the woodwork again as we just couldnt finish our dinner. We are on the plane coming home. Wether i keep my job i dont know after that shoddy performance.

Harsh. You beat Holland in the group stages as well.

I don't know if you will keep your job or not. In one of my saves Stuart Pearce kept his after getting knocked out at the same stage of the competition, however his England was knocked out by Italy. I imagine they might not be so forgiving seeing as you lost to Ukraine. :o

well what can i say apart from i love the new owner already. Pumping £40million into the club and upgrading my training facilities. Is he the one to take the club to the netx level? Maybe so but a new stadium would be nice as we cant expand anymore and hold around 33000.

woond.jpg

Archived