[iPhone] FMH 2010 bug reporting thread

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When completing a game, I swiped my index finger right to left across the FT screen (to try and scroll to the stats screen). For some reason this caused the game to abort without saving. Horribly annoying.

This issue should be resolved in the next update.

I had a minor issue with the finances, it basically went over two years:

First year: Premier league champs, Euro cup champs, FA cup champs, English league cup champs.

Starting budget for next season: 18M, Wage budget 1,200,000

Second year: Premier league champs, Community shield Winners, ECC Champs, Fa cup champs, English league champs, Euro Super Cup champs.

Starting budget for next season: 11M, Wage budget 1,400,000

Now i can understand the wage budget has gone up that's good but 7M less to spend on players? Plus i still havent unlocked sugar daddy and i've won everything there is too win in england, it's really frustrating when your the champs and lower teams are outbidding you on let's be honest not very good players.

Another small bug. When I set my set pieces takers and penalty takers and play the next game without these players (not in the starting 11, or on the bench), the settings will be deleted and the list of set pieces takers is empty again.

Occured to me multiple times when I played with a B squad during a friendly.

Finally, I sold three players. Both were the three cheapest players in my squad and all are older than 34 years. They had a huge wage tho, and I sold them since their stats are now very low and other teams wanted to pay 20k for them. Besides, they are not even one of the 7 substitutes, and they might get some playing times with lower ranked teams.

However, everyone in my team is now upset that I've sold a "key player". All three weren't even on the bench and are my 3rd or 4th player for that specific position.

Sure, they've been in the club for more than 5 seasons,.. but how can they be upset about that?!

Yesterday I was in a penalty shoot out in the league cup quarter final against Liverpool. While the kicks where taking place there was no animations and everything stood still until it was time for the next kicker. I didn't find out who won until the game was over.

This is a minor bug but its still pretty annoying and suspenseful.

It seems to me that Sugar Daddy somehow lowers the teams reputation or does something else to make it harder to get players to join you.

For example I started a game as Sparta Rotterdam with sugar daddy on. I tried to sign Chris Gadi from OM. He Indicated that I couldnt meet his demands. I offered him 12k a week which he rejected. So I offered him the max, 24k a week and he accepted.

Now I started the same game, same team but without sugar daddy. OM accepted my offer as before, but now, Gadi wants a weekly wage of just 1.2k a week. Which I offered him and of course he accepted.

• SI Staff

Not a bug - Basically as irl if a club is known as being 'loaded' then players and clubs will often try things on and ask for a premium price, whether for wages or for transfer fee's .... having lots of money is a double edged sword, you can often manage to obtain the players you want - but you might end up paying over the odds for them (as Man City how it feels ;) ).

I noticed that in 2018 no team from South America played the World Cup, I don't know if it happened in previous WCs too.

Start a game with a Brazilian team and play until 2018 to try to reproduce this bug.

And in the game Mexico always two spots in the Libertadores Preliminary Round, even when Brazil have the holders.

In real life the country that have the holders always have two spots in the Preliminary Round (so in real life Argentina had two teams in the Preliminary Round this year, as the current holders is from there).

I'm running the 1.1 game in iphone 3GS, in my second season, and managing Leeds.

I have just reached the opening of the Jan 2011 transfer window. I transfer listed 7 players, and I needed to get my wage bill down as well.

However, on the 2nd Jan, I listed 5 players, and a couple more a few days later to get to the 7. On Jan 2nd, I received offers from ALL of my players from Huddersfield, and they also met the asking price for each one, because I chose to negotiate the price on a couple.

A few days later, Huddersfield came in with offers for the remaining 2 players. Therefore by the 7th Jan, I'd sold 7 players ALL to Huddersfield Town. The total amount was about £2m, but I find it very unrealistic that I sold 7 players to the same club - its never happened before.

On my commute in this morning, they bought another player off me!

Also, when I sold the 7 players, my wage bill stayed exactly the same, £150k a week. It should have been reduced by about £15k

During a league game as Ipswich my goalkeeper was sent off. Before I could put a sub on the match view came up and Spurs seemed to take the penalty with no one in goal. Once the penalty was taken the game switched to the tactics view and I could sub in a replacement goalie and move the team around (taking my left back out of goal).

Is this a bug of FM or an animation glitch?

• SI Staff
During a league game as Ipswich my goalkeeper was sent off. Before I could put a sub on the match view came up and Spurs seemed to take the penalty with no one in goal. Once the penalty was taken the game switched to the tactics view and I could sub in a replacement goalie and move the team around (taking my left back out of goal).

Is this a bug of FM or an animation glitch?

Its an animation glitch and you would have had someone in goal BUT it should take you to tactics BEFORE the penalty is taken really ..

Quick post to say one of my strikers suffered a broken leg and is out for nine months, two weeks after the injury he complained to the media that he wasn't being played enough and wanted to be transferred. It's had a huge negative effect on 80% of my players as they feel I'm treating him badly, please try and solve this soon :(

During a match I have an incoming call, but I don't answer to it, I just let it go. After the call if I press a button in the game, there is no sound. (Phone is not muted by the side switch)

• SI Staff
During a match I have an incoming call, but I don't answer to it, I just let it go. After the call if I press a button in the game, there is no sound. (Phone is not muted by the side switch)

Will test this side of things out - not sure what happened there, you 'might' be able to turn it back on again by double clicking home and turning music on, but I presume its something the OS has done during the phone handling rather than the game (if needs be a future update can always re-initialise the sound after the call, but tbh I hadn't heard about any such issues before).

marc any thoughts on my issues above?

still getting regular bollockings from my board about the wage bill - it still hasnt gone down despite selling 8 players in the transfer window!

marc - will these issues be fixed in update 2?

quite a few bugs noticed but its mainly while watching the game the txt doesnt match up with anything im watching on the screen. And most the time now when i am watching the game on the full match view the players usally just stand still then the screen flicker's and a goal has been scored.

If you send both scouts out to scout the same thing they scout the same player's every time, though not realy anything big.

Autosave feature is still hit or miss after update but is alot better.

Crazy stat change's for e.g im Middlesbrough and i have lee miller and has shooting always jumps from 12 to 20 and back and forth every few match's and he never score's

The defenders score most the goals in the game and most the goals i see only ever come from set peice's.

Im half way through my second season now using iphone 3g playing version 1.3 (1.2)

I'm finding several issues with the 2D replays/match engine -

- I'm on the 3GS and experience a lot of freezing when the 2D replays are supposed to be running. The screen comes up and you can see the pitch and players but then nothing happens for a few seconds and then it returns back to the text commentary without playing through anything.

- In many if the 2D replays I find they don't match what the text says. For instance it will say a player is going to float in a corner, an you see all the players getting into position but rather than seeing the player then take the corner all I get is the ref walking to the edge of the pitch and then the game returns to the text commentary. Quite often a goal is scored from these moments.

- I'm seeing it a lot in the replays where a player will pick up the ball in the midfield and run unopposed straight to the goal and score, even though there are several of my players around that could tackle, they just don't! This is incredibly frustrating and seems to happen regardless of tactical instruction.

- Too many goals scored by defenders, and I'm talking from open play rather than set pieces. When watching the replay a winger will cross the ball into the box and instead of my strikers being there to tap it in, more often than not it's one of my back four. The issue is what are they doing up there in open play? And where are my strikers? I've also doubled checked my team setup on several occasions to make sure it's not my fault playing a player out of position etc but everything is as it should be.

I'll list more as I come across them.

-Mic

• SI Staff
2d display issues

There were various issues where the join from the match to the 2d display showed rogue information - I believe that these are rectified in the forthcoming update 2 patch, please let me know if you see any after this comes out (and apologies for not spotting these earlier - unfortunately they were dependant certain situations which varied depending on OS, processor and installed items).

There were various issues where the join from the match to the 2d display showed rogue information - I believe that these are rectified in the forthcoming update 2 patch, please let me know if you see any after this comes out (and apologies for not spotting these earlier - unfortunately they were dependant certain situations which varied depending on OS, processor and installed items).

Does this include the issue I mentioned where a player can pick up a ball in midfield and walk unopposed through your entire defence to the net and score? This has been mentioned a couple of times now and seems to happen regardless of tactical settings.

I'm also concerned as this is an issue that seems to be present in each iteration of the desktop version where players don't close down and is always sorted/tweaked in a patch.

-Mic

• SI Staff
Does this include the issue I mentioned where a player can pick up a ball in midfield and walk unopposed through your entire defence to the net and score? This has been mentioned a couple of times now and seems to happen regardless of tactical settings.

Yes this has been fixed - in some circumstances you'll see a midfielder beat a couple of players on a run and score - but walking through your entire team, nope that shouldn't be happening.

Yes this has been fixed - in some circumstances you'll see a midfielder beat a couple of players on a run and score - but walking through your entire team, nope that shouldn't be happening.

Nice one, cheers Marc. I did think the first time it happened it was down to a neat bit of skill but when it seemed to happen every other game I figured something wasn't right.

Any news on when the update will be available that fixes these problems?

-Mic

• SI Staff
Any news on when the update will be available that fixes these problems?

Its passed QA at SI/SEGA and its not in submission with Apple - presuming it passes that ok it'll be released when Apple are happy with it.

(hopefully soon, but if anything comes up I'll let you know)

Bug i spotted was when playing the Semi final of the FA Trophy the game was a draw after the 2 legs, however it went to extra time and then penalties, however after i had won the shootout, i had lost the game on away goals, i didnt think to take any pictures sorry.

Bug i spotted was when playing the Semi final of the FA Trophy the game was a draw after the 2 legs, however it went to extra time and then penalties, however after i had won the shootout, i had lost the game on away goals, i didnt think to take any pictures sorry.

We are having a look at this now and it does appear that the FA Trophy is wrongly using the away goals rule. This should be an easy thing to rectify. Are you able to remember whether your two matches ended in draws or was just the final score equal?

ok, new bug.........it was a bug in the last version and also carried on into the new version. not seen this posted anywhere else.........

ok, so im the manager of manchester united........i send gibson out on loan. i get offered the rep of ireland job which i accept. it comes to the point of picking my team for the first match and it wont let me put gibson in the starting lineup. all that happens is that the player im trying to replace gets deselected. It does allow me to set gibson as a sub......and during a match does allow me to bring him on as a substitute. While selecting the team gibsons name has blue text. i think its the cant play cos hes on loan confusing between club and country.

*edit*

this does actually happen every game. Also i came to the end of the season and had a international match after all club games had finished, i tried to select gibson.......not happening. I recall gibson to United and it then allows me to select him for the international match.

• SI Staff
stonefiesta

Thanks very much for the feedback - thats very useful, as you've probably guessed thats a fairly obscure situation but now I'm aware of it I'll make sure its rectified in the next update.

Sorry for any inconvenience,

Marc

• SI Staff

PS - Can you try and select him using 'clicking the position button' and then selecting him from the page which appears, it appears that works and its just a bug which dragging and dropping in this circumstances (which I'll look to fix for update 3).

I noticed that in 2018 no team from South America played the World Cup, I don't know if it happened in previous WCs too.

Start a game with a Brazilian team and play until 2018 to try to reproduce this bug.

Good spot there, this will be resolved for the next update.

Bit of a long one this but it's quite strange.

I was trying to sign a very good young keeper (Gavin Foster, 17 at the time, not sure if he is real, it was during the 2nd season) from Shamrock Rovers on a free transfer (out of contract). I offered him one, he accepted but then never joined my club and just remained at Shamrock but out of contract. What was strange though was that he did appear in my squad and I could play him, despite him still belonging to Shamrock? I offered him a contract several times and every time he accepted but never actually became an official Southampton player. Eventually I gave up and it seems he then went back in contract with Shamrock as when I tried a season later I now had to make a transfer offer for him. I offered £200k and was told because of his big club release clause it had to be accepted but then the next day the offer was dismissed as totally unacceptable. WBA then made a bid of £600k which was accepted and he became a WBA contracted player. But to top it all off he STILL appears in my squad screen and I can still play him?!

Bizarre.

Also, and completely unrelated, when fiddling about with the budgets I ended up moving my entire transfer budget (£2.6m) into wage budget, but then could only move back £180k for transfers, despite my wage budget being now £380k p/w but my current expenditure only being £140k. Whilst the board love my frugal running of the club it was pretty annoying! Had to revert back to an old manual save.

Bit of a long one this but it's quite strange.

I was trying to sign a very good young keeper (Gavin Foster, 17 at the time, not sure if he is real, it was during the 2nd season) from Shamrock Rovers on a free transfer (out of contract). I offered him one, he accepted but then never joined my club and just remained at Shamrock but out of contract. What was strange though was that he did appear in my squad and I could play him, despite him still belonging to Shamrock? I offered him a contract several times and every time he accepted but never actually became an official Southampton player. Eventually I gave up and it seems he then went back in contract with Shamrock as when I tried a season later I now had to make a transfer offer for him. I offered £200k and was told because of his big club release clause it had to be accepted but then the next day the offer was dismissed as totally unacceptable. WBA then made a bid of £600k which was accepted and he became a WBA contracted player. But to top it all off he STILL appears in my squad screen and I can still play him?!

Are you able to remember at which point in the season you initially made the agreement to sign him? Was in during or outside a transfer window?

I'm playing in 2013 and have at least 4 out of a squad of 33 players constantly injured. I understand that it happens in the real world but its almost as soon as one player comes back another is injured straight away. I never seem to have less than 4. Perhaps the injury code needs tweaking? It's really fustrating.

According to my physio my players have no long term concerns so it does seem totally random.

Thanks

• SI Staff
I'm playing in 2013 and have at least 4 out of a squad of 33 players constantly injured. I understand that it happens in the real world but its almost as soon as one player comes back another is injured straight away. I never seem to have less than 4. Perhaps the injury code needs tweaking? It's really fustrating.

According to my physio my players have no long term concerns so it does seem totally random.

Thanks

Can you confirm you've installed update 2 as I've tweaked the injury code in that version of the game, that being said if you've a squad of 33 players then its highly likely that at least some players will be injured at any point during the season unless you're using a very light training regime - this is especially the case if you're successful and playing a lot of matches.

Hi Marc, kudos for a great port to the iphone/itouch. Haven't run into any bad bugs in the latest version so far but in the injury tweaking was wondering if you could decrease the frequency with which "chest injuries" occur. I'm managing Sheffield Wednesday and in third month of first season and have had 4 of them so far on separate players. Not a showstopper but an odd injury to have more than one of, no? Just wondering if somewhere in your tweaking of the injury code this one got a higher than normal likelihood assigned.

In general, injury frequency feels about right based on how the PC version behaves... Also, was just wondering if there was any chance we'd get an "Extended Highlights" option like in the PC version, and/or a way to read back over the whole commentary?

Thanks much and will report back with anything else I notice.

I'm not sure it counts as a bug, but in my game there have been far too many really long distance goals. I've seen them scored from the opposite penalty area. I've never seen a properly long shot saved. The goalkeepers just don't seem to be able to position themselves at all for anything beyond 30 yards. On a related note, I've noticed that goalkeepers seem to take an extremely long time to recover from a parry save or a mis-hit goalkick. Again, if the opposing player gets the shot on target, it's always a goal.

Does anyone get this constantly in the 2d match's, when the preview is played the attacker takes on the defence then pass's it back 25 - 40 yard's for another player to header it in when the keeper is stood on the goal line. I know it's possible but happens quite alot when on the screen the attacker usual beats the keeper as well before doing it.

Also im not sure if it is a bug but i thought giuseppe rossi mite be on a little more than 7.5k just a random thing i seen though probably right.

And this has only happend twice once with middlesbrough V1.2 and once with valencia V1.3 but when my keeper gets a red card in a match and brings down the keeper in the box the other team takes the penalty with no goolie been selected it then just goes onto the squad select screen and just puts a random defender in goal.

Hope it help's awsome game : )

• SI Staff
I've just had a message from Mary the tea lady... she's apparently pleased by the signing of Jordi Mohamed. I think it's my favourite ever CM/FM moment. I'd never heard of that before and I've been playing since 92!

Heh - thats interesting actually as its a 'flag' to control a rogue happening in the transfer system, it should never appear.

(I thought people would find it more interesting to recieve something along those lines than an error message, increases the chance of me hearing about it and stops it from being so annoying to people if it occurs, there are actually loads such things in the game - but this is the first one I've heard which has triggered* in FMHi)

*My personal favourite was one I put in the CM3 series at one point when I first did the 'board requests' - if you managed to induce a 'race condition' (can't remember how but it was rather obscure) then you got an email about the board declining your request for larger half-time oranges ... what can I say I've a sad sense of humour ;)

• SI Staff
Does anyone get this constantly in the 2d match's, when the preview is played the attacker takes on the defence then pass's it back 25 - 40 yard's for another player to header it in when the keeper is stood on the goal line. I know it's possible but happens quite alot when on the screen the attacker usual beats the keeper as well before doing it.

I'm constantly tweaking and trying to improve the match visualisation - I think its come a long way since version 1.0, but I 'know' theres still more to do - so all feedback in this area is much appreciated.

PS - Glad you're enjoying the game :D

Ok I know its been mentioned in other threads but I've just had the budget adjustment issue where I tried to change my rubbish 2.1M (for the Prem!) and allocate less to wages. The thing is I managed to boost my wages to 264,000 per week but now have a budget of 40 quid so am now totally dead in the water. I've some how got to "Fight bravely against relagation" with no transfer kitty and obviously not a high enough rep to attract any really good bosmans :-(

I'm the mighty AFC Wimbledon in 2014 if that helps.

Oh while I'm at it... Because I have this MASSIVE wage budget I figured I'd go and get those bosmans that are around. Found Player X from Liverpool who was on 11k pw. Offered 31k per week and was turned down. 2 seconds later Player X signs for Leeds for 9k per week. I'm in the prem and leeds are in League 1. Surely a bug? My rep can't be that bad that Leeds (although once great) can be prefered to a Premiership club?!?

• SI Staff
Oh while I'm at it... Because I have this MASSIVE wage budget I figured I'd go and get those bosmans that are around. Found Player X from Liverpool who was on 11k pw. Offered 31k per week and was turned down. 2 seconds later Player X signs for Leeds for 9k per week. I'm in the prem and leeds are in League 1. Surely a bug? My rep can't be that bad that Leeds (although once great) can be prefered to a Premiership club?!?

I'll try and simulate your situation and see what happens here, I'm surprised that he didn't accept your offer - only thing I can think of is that perhaps he has a favourite player/manager/club set which biased his decision.

just had my keeper sent off which gave away a penalty, the other team took the penalty on an open goal, then the tactics screen shows up which auto puts my lb in goal, surely he should be there before then penalty was taken, or i should be able to make a sub first. I would be annoyed if i hadnt lost 4-1 anyways :D

Just played the World Cup for clubs!

However,.. in the semi-final I played against Boca Juniors. As a European team I can only encouter a South American team in the final.

Even better, In between the semi-final and final I played a league game. It's not very logic that I have to play a league while being in Dubai, playing the World Clubs tournament, 3 days after the semi final and 3 days before the final.

Just a quick question about values, won the treble with Real Madrid, come to the next season and I look to offload Van der Vaart who didnt play much of a role for me, to find that his value is £22.5mil! Then I looked at the squad:

values.th.jpg

Can understand winning the Champions League would increase value but to the extent that it has is ludicrous.

Archived