4-1-4-1...v2...great back and front

Loved the look of this tactic so had to give it a try with my newly promoted Ipswich side. Well after tweaking it to suit my players and finding a balance between attack and defense for away matches i've found myself in 7th in the prem and jut knocked Liverpool out of the cup at Anfield.

Nice tactic - great attacking just need to fine tune the defense if yur players aren't world class!!

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Riot-11:

www2 can I you post a screen of your team. I'm curious.

Not sure if it would be of any use coz I am in 2021 and have only regens.....but if you are interested in stats I can post it then

Just remembered one more thing

I have set my AML as the target men although I did not check target man box....I find that they do give him more balls than when he is not set as target man.

This comes in very handy coz he is often alone on the left

www2, do you tweak anything away from home? I've moved onto this from your other tactic since switching to 8.02 and its awesome at home.

Im huddersfield in the championship in season 09/10 and am unbeaton at home but away from home we are awful. Seem to get hammered on possesion and shots, even to inferior teams. Any ideas?

Originally posted by Lam3r:

www2, do you tweak anything away from home? I've moved onto this from your other tactic since switching to 8.02 and its awesome at home.

Im huddersfield in the championship in season 09/10 and am unbeaton at home but away from home we are awful. Seem to get hammered on possesion and shots, even to inferior teams. Any ideas?

Not sure without any more details......If you have a better finnisher AMR than AML than you can try to mirror the tactic so that the AMR is the second striker......

Try to play more slow and put the left MC as playmaker if he is capable of playing it

Pretty nice tactic I would say.

Took over Lazio who finished bottom half and just spent 975k on Anelka and sold 25m worth of players, I managed to finish 3rd using this.

I did find that a couple of teams used 343 in Serie A and the formation did struggle against that. Have you come across this before and how did you adjust accordingly?

I tried offside, man-marking and putting 3 CB but to no luck icon_frown.gif

Losing to Udinese in the cup was not a highlight of the season icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Riot-11:

I have Owen and Doyle for the sriker position but i also have aguero. You think he would do good on the aml position? And if its not much to ask you may show me the stats of your plyers.

Probably would with a little retraining....maybe even better in the right MC position

Originally posted by skintsaint:

Pretty nice tactic I would say.

Took over Lazio who finished bottom half and just spent 975k on Anelka and sold 25m worth of players, I managed to finish 3rd using this.

I did find that a couple of teams used 343 in Serie A and the formation did struggle against that. Have you come across this before and how did you adjust accordingly?

I tried offside, man-marking and putting 3 CB but to no luck icon_frown.gif

Losing to Udinese in the cup was not a highlight of the season icon_wink.gif

Seeing as I ma playing Premiership I must admit I dont often play against 3-4-3, but do remember beating Juve home and away last season in CL with no proble whatsoever

www2

I have ried nearly ever damn tactic that comes with the game and downloaded but nothing could make Leeds perform in League 1.

I then devised my own tactic based on a 4-1-4-1 which I then had a small measure of satisfaction.

Tried your tactic last night with a little tweak here and there and whilst I'm not winning all my games I am playing a lot better and only lose due to goals from corners (really is bad in 8.02).

I have played 5 won 4 drawn 1 in the league and went to Newcastle in the Carling Cup where I had more possesion, shots etc against them but lost 2-1 in ET due to the damn goals from corner again.

Kudos on the tactic, whilst it looks strange I find it very effective from midfield.

First impressions of this tactic are good - it's very solid at the back - sometimes limits the opposition to not even a single shot on or off target!!

Not setting the world alight in goalscoring terms yet but I'm still only about 5 games into the new season with Liverpool so time will tell. Have won 4 and drawn 1 so far (the draw was very unlucky as well - conceded an injury time equaliser against Man City). Also beat Man U in the Community Shield on pens (most of my team were on international duty as well so it was a pretty good achievement).

Sorry can;t post scores atm as I'm in work but first impressions are good - very solid defensively and hopefully the goalscoring will improve as well.

Thanks WWW2.

I've just witnessed the best goal I have ever seen using this tactic.

Opposition punted a free kick into my box, a defender headed it down and Luis Martinez smacked it from the edge of his own area over the goalkeeper's head and into the goal....from 100 yards!!

Fluke?? I prefer to think it was a moment of sheer inspiration.

Strangely enough it is the second time it's happened...only the first time it hit the bar!

Only down side is it came in a European game so can't qualify for goal of the season!

2nd season with Lazio.

Finished 2nd in the league 3 points behind Roma(why is it some team always has a great season, ive never actually won a major league due to this).

Lost 1-0 to Arsenal in the CL final due to a last minute 30yarder. Their keeper got MoM which was annoying.

Won the Italian Cup though beating Inter 2-0 easily.

My team isnt that great, so again great tactic icon_smile.gif

Hey www2 have you tried playing around with the full backs arrows? I noticed that, when the team attacks, the full backs are held back, the left and right wingers tend to make it narrow so sometimes it really needs someone on the wings when the team has possession in front of their 16 yard box, so I put forward runs often to them and also assigned Farrows to them, lb longer(to the line of the midfield) and rb a shorter one, seems to work even better... :p

Hey ww2, and other using the tactic;

Ive played first 3 games of the season using this with my FC Moscow side. My results have been 2 wins, 2-0 and 1-0 and a 2-2 draw at home. Not too bad.

However, one thing ive noticed is although defensively it is good, my team dont create very many quality chances, all goals bar one coming from set pieces so far. And ideas how to amend this? Also my CM with the attacking instructions has had all 6 ratings, and his stats are quite good (Celso Borges). And would you make many changes depending on playing the 'bigger' sides?

Thanks. I just really want to find a good solid tactic i can use relatively long-term.

Hi again

Just played another 2 games...not good news im afraid.

Caned 3-0 away to Tom and lost 5-1 home to Spartak Moscow. Both times created next to nothing, but the disappointing thing is how the defence crumbled.

I AM AT MY WITS END WITH FM08 TACTICS! Even when other people seem to have never ending success with some of them, i flop every time, no matter with which team in which league. Ive read all the guides, and tried the recommended tactics to download, all of this after giving up creating one, which always served me weel on previous FMs. It is so frustrating.

Originally posted by NeJebi:

Hey www2 have you tried playing around with the full backs arrows? I noticed that, when the team attacks, the full backs are held back, the left and right wingers tend to make it narrow so sometimes it really needs someone on the wings when the team has possession in front of their 16 yard box, so I put forward runs often to them and also assigned Farrows to them, lb longer(to the line of the midfield) and rb a shorter one, seems to work even better... :p

I think I said somewhere here that when behind I usually put farrows on FB's and a farrow on DMC just behind the right MC....

Originally posted by www2:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NeJebi:

I think I said somewhere here that when behind I usually put farrows on FB's and a farrow on DMC just behind the right MC.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guess I missed it icon_biggrin.gif . Ok then

Originally posted by denyyourmaker:

Hi again

Just played another 2 games...not good news im afraid.

Caned 3-0 away to Tom and lost 5-1 home to Spartak Moscow. Both times created next to nothing, but the disappointing thing is how the defence crumbled.

I AM AT MY WITS END WITH FM08 TACTICS! Even when other people seem to have never ending success with some of them, i flop every time, no matter with which team in which league. Ive read all the guides, and tried the recommended tactics to download, all of this after giving up creating one, which always served me weel on previous FMs. It is so frustrating.

Really wierd that you conceded 8 in two games coz its so solid at the back for me .....

Are you playing some of yor players out of the position, especially AML.......the AML player for me is always a guy who is capable of playing in AML/SC

After guiding huddersfield to the play offs in the championship using my own tactics I updated to version 8.02 at the start of season 5. Oh dear, i have not seen scores like these since I stopped playing Brian Lara International Cricket. I tried tweaking my tactic that brought me relative success but no matter what i did my tactical skills resembled Kevin Keegan on a bad day. After reading how well teams were doing with tactic i decided to give it a try. So I retrieved my copy of fmo8 from the bin and hey presto played 5 won 3 drawn 2. the 2 draws were a result of last gasp winners from the AI after it went all out attack, any ideas on how to shut up shop in the last 10 mins of a game using this tactic other than the obvious answer of changing team mentality?

Originally posted by paulinho:

I tweaked it into a very effective counter attacking tactic by ticking counter, dropping the defensive line to the last notch of deep (before normal), mentality last notch of defensive (to normal) passing last notch of mixed to direct & drop the width a tad more.

I also adjust my target man to supply to feet but that's just his preference.

I'd also look at the oppo fullbacks if one of them looks like he's going to have a hard time against one of my widemen (because he's slow or in poorish physical form) I'll focus attacks down that side.

I tweaked just like u say and name it away, work wonder.

when playing HOME i put the team mentality two notches to attack.

Beside that i sometimes pot an farrow on FB's and and farrow directing just behind the right MC.

i tweaked it just like u say name it home, work wonder

hope ppl will try like paul and www2 say and see ppl it work wonder like my everton game.

still same old with my FC Moscow game...

I have all players playing in their favoured positions, Barrientos in the AML role, solid CB's and last seasons top scorer (Maxi Lopez) up front.

However, a 4-1 away defeat to Spartak Nachlik got me thinking this tactic just isn't for my team, which i dont understand as its working so well for everyone else. Im at a dead end now. Since 8.0.2. i havent been able to find ANYTHING that makes my team play anywhere near the level they did with Croat's tactic on 8.0.1. Any ideas guys?

Originally posted by Daniel Foster:

With the away tactic the opposition are all over me and I always end up conceding late goals icon_frown.gif

I dont have enough info....but try to play with the team instruction, especially width, closing down and def. line

Continue Result after Spartak Moscow Match

2ndResult.jpg

note that y i draw with Brimingham and Blackburn 3-3

Tim Howard is off to International Duty so i used a Youngster to backup! lucky my andrew johnson and arteta is on hot form and score to draw the matches.

these result should be enough to proof that this tactic is ELITE!

Using this tactic with my Everton team on patch 8.01 and its working wonders, currently sit 3rd (with 7 games to go) in the league 6pts behind Man Utd who have lost one game all season ( i have lost 4) and in the quarters of the uefa cup. I prefer patch 8.01 becaues of you dont get as many silly scorelines and like real life the hardest part of football is putting the ball in the back of the net, I would strongly advise anyone to use this tactic with patch 8.01

good work www2

Originally posted by macca1001:

Using this tactic with my Everton team on patch 8.01 and its working wonders, currently sit 3rd (with 7 games to go) in the league 6pts behind Man Utd who have lost one game all season ( i have lost 4) and in the quarters of the uefa cup. I prefer patch 8.01 becaues of you dont get as many silly scorelines and like real life the hardest part of football is putting the ball in the back of the net, I would strongly advise anyone to use this tactic with patch 8.01

good work www2

Thank mate....I am too really considering going back to 8.0.1......just too many goals icon_frown.gif

Here is this years sucess (or not ,you decide):

LEAUGE

LC

FA

CL

STATS

I'd say that's a pretty successful season!! - glad to see Liverpool doing well icon14.gif Would you say that you were 100% happy with this tactic now - I think it's a good tactic - very solid but don;t feel that I score as many as I would like.

Originally posted by mick23:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by www2:

LEAUGE

LC

FA

CL

STATS

I'd say that's a pretty successful season!! - glad to see Liverpool doing well icon14.gif Would you say that you were 100% happy with this tactic now - I think it's a good tactic - very solid but don;t feel that I score as many as I would like. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have to say I'm 110 % happy at the moment.

I score about 2.5 per game so dont know why you have problems with it.

Make sure that your AML is also acomplished or natural at SC position

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mick23:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by www2:

LEAUGE

Think I'm probably just being over critical - I think my average goals per game is 2.2 (can't check atm) so shouldn't really complain. I think it's because I've seen a few people talking about how easy it is to score on 8.0.2 and posting some very high scorelines - was maybe expecting too much.

Have to say though I don;t concede many and people have said that it's too difficult to defend in 8.0.2 so maybe balances itself out.

It's a good tactic though - definitely the best I've tried on 8.0.2.

Thanks.

LC

FA

CL

STATS

I'd say that's a pretty successful season!! - glad to see Liverpool doing well icon14.gif Would you say that you were 100% happy with this tactic now - I think it's a good tactic - very solid but don;t feel that I score as many as I would like. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have to say I'm 110 % happy at the moment.

I score about 2.5 per game so dont know why you have problems with it.

Make sure that your AML is also acomplished or natural at SC position </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Woah - don;t know what happened there - I tried to reply but just ended up quoting your whole post.

I think that my expectations were too high - I've seen so many people saying that they are scoring bucketfuls of goals on 8.0.2 so maybe I was expecting some ridiculously high scorelines.

I think my average goals per game is 2.2 which is pretty good really and couple that with the fact that my defence is so solid and it's a very good tactic. I think that maybe I was just expecting too many 5-0, 6-0 etc scorelines which admittedly would be unrealistic.

Quality tactic though mate and thanks for posting it. icon14.gif

Originally posted by Millsinho:

Hi www2,

Well done for creating another great tactic, and thanks for sharing it! After using your 4-4-3/4-5-1 Posession tactic on 8.0.1, and now this one on 8.0.2, it seems that you have a knack for creating really solid consistent tactics. Personally, that's exactly what I want too - nice and tight at the back whilst giving your team good enough results to overperform a bit and make the game fun to play.

Anyway, they say that flattery gets you everywhere, so I thought I'd get that bit out of the way first before making a request!Could you post the top, say 5, attributes you look for when selecting / buying players to fit this tactic please? I know the defenders are pretty obvious (although I'd still be interested in your opinion on them), but I'm particularly interested in the MR and, to a lesser extent, the two MCs as well.

Thanks again icon14.gif

Thanks and happy to help.

Gonna post those attributes later on today, as I dont have the time now

Hi www2

As Always yours tactics is pure joy to watch and play. Having great succes with my Ajax team, at home i pretty much dominate every match and score a bunch. Having some diffcult away thoe, cant seem to score away, maybe i should incress mentality two notches up as i do at home games,or play counter attack. How do you play away? is it much diffrent than home games?

Thanks for a great tactic!

Hi, i have tried your tactic for about 20 matches and while i have great success and only lost two matches i have 2 issues.

1. Brought in a attacker for 260 mill. that aint scoring nearly as much as he should, he is uber. Any suggestions.

2. The commentary often complains about boring matches and some of my players aint got the best grades. So while im winning i hardly plays beautiful fotball something i can agree to while watching some of the matches.

Luxuary proboblem i know icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by eye-switcher:

Hi, i have tried your tactic for about 20 matches and while i have great success and only lost two matches i have 2 issues.

1. Brought in a attacker for 260 mill. that aint scoring nearly as much as he should, he is uber. Any suggestions.

2. The commentary often complains about boring matches and some of my players aint got the best grades. So while im winning i hardly plays beautiful fotball something i can agree to while watching some of the matches.

Luxuary proboblem i know icon_smile.gif

Wtf????? icon_confused.gif 260 mill. is this correct or you ment 26mill.....if it is 260 I would really love you to post his screenshot????

Archived