Irritating Flaw In Game....

If it always comes back that should tell people its not a conspiracy. If so many people experiance it.

I must have missed the free fanboy goggles with my copy of the game. I didn't realise so many people will dismiss what is obviously a common problem for many people just because it's a negative about their much loved game.

I remember all the crash dump threads. It never happened to me so I guess all those people made it up. A conspiracy theory to try and bring down my perfect game.

Oh this makes me laugh, ha.

Seriously man, there is a cut out of the goggles in the back page of the manual.

Well it happens regardless of whether some people who think they know say it can't be possible.

I don't know what causes it, switching from text to 2d, certain computers not processing data the same way and not handling the switch or what. 2 many people have the same problem.

But thats all I'm saying about it because theres always someone who knows better who doesnt have the problem so therefore it can't exist.

We're not saying 'we don't have the problem, so it doesn't exist'. PaulC (the match engine coder) has spoken at length about how the match engine works. Those of us that are interested have paid attention and have a reasonable idea what we are talking about. With the match engine coded the way it is at the moment, there is no way that anything you do regarding tactics, or anything else for that matter, can influence the match until the 'making changes' message has come up. That is fact.

Regarding the moving the keeper into midfield issue (which you seem to have edited from your post :confused:), the game will be precalculated with no tactical changes, i.e. the keeper still in goal. At the point when you make the change, the game will play on until the next break in play. At this point, the game will move your keeper into midfield and recalculate the remainder of the game from that point onwards, with the making changes message in the commentary bar.

We're not saying 'we don't have the problem, so it doesn't exist'. PaulC (the match engine coder) has spoken at length about how the match engine works. Those of us that are interested have paid attention and have a reasonable idea what we are talking about. With the match engine coded the way it is at the moment, there is no way that anything you do regarding tactics, or anything else for that matter, can influence the match until the 'making changes' message has come up. That is fact.

Regarding the moving the keeper into midfield issue (which you seem to have edited from your post :confused:), the game will be precalculated with no tactical changes, i.e. the keeper still in goal. At the point when you make the change, the game will play on until the next break in play. At this point, the game will move your keeper into midfield and recalculate the remainder of the game from that point onwards, with the making changes message in the commentary bar.

Good post, the only correction I would make is that, we are saying 'we don't have the problem, so it doesn't exist'. But I would reword slightly, 'this doesn't exist, therefore we're not having this problem'

Where's dafuge when you need him, he explains this thing so well. Mind you thats probably because he's had to do so about a 1000 times, due to people who really should know better being convinced there is a conspiracy, or that my denial of this thing is because of my 'fanboy goggles'.

My favourite conspiracy theory :cool:

In simple terms, why are you clicking tactics? Is it because you want to change something because you think the opposition are likely to score?

My simple solution is to try and make your changes earlier.

Also, if you are watching 'key highlights' then the the play shown is more likely to be a goal therefore if you hit tactics and then go back to the game there is a strong chance that you or the oppo will have scored.

I've been pressing pause before making changes since the year dot.

I have also noticed this. What I have started to do is wait for my team to gain possession before making a tatics change or sideline instruction, and never right before a freekick or corner. This seems to help me.

Frankly this whole thread reeks of confirmation bias. It is a nasty little psychological trick which affects every one. Basically, what is happening to the people who seem to have the problem is that they are remembering the times it has happened to them (because people are more likely to remember bad things) abnd forgetting the times it hasn't happened (because nothing happened). Thus they inflate the regularity of the occourence in order to confirm their beliefs. I am not trying to belittle anyone, as it has happened to me and is a very hard thing to ignore, but a bit of reading up on the subject may help. I would suggest this book. I am in no way affiliated with the author I have read the book and it was a real eye opener.

Archived