JoseRR's FM08 Small Club to Big Club From a Big European Nation Challenge

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I Might start this in italy as i want to manage como as im going there on holiday soon.

Updates might be few and far between as im also doing gundos challenge

deppending on which i enjoy more i will put the oter game on hold.

hopefully i get como

max

Nice aaberdeenn good start.

dave safc - he looks quality! He should shoot you to promotion in time icon14.gif

Frazza - yeah got Tuia because Lazio are my parent club icon_biggrin.gif Pretty pleased as he's always quite highly rated on FM.

SV Eintracht Trier 05 Season 2010/2011

Good season finally managed promotion in my third season.

Lots of help from my feeder club and I won the league with a game to go.

Table

Not many new signings I did not have a transfer budget. So was relying on loans and free

Transfer

Finally bring on the third division

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

good start aaberdeenn. any chance of a screenie of the squad?? interested to see who you have managed to get to the giuseppe sinigaglia. have you got a parent club??

I'll get a screenshot of the squad for you next time I load my game up and yes I do indeed have a parent club, Serie A side Cheivo. They've sent me a holding midfielder who is probably the best player in the squad and a striker who is on par with or maybe slightly better than my four other strikers.

Nocerina - 2008/2009 - Mid Season Report

Just a little update here. Things going much better than I could have expected with the table looking like this - Table.

We should have more points as we kept letting in stupid goals and dropping points where we shouldn't have. icon_mad.gif

We score a lot of goals, with our best result being a 7-0 win away in the league.

These are the players I brought in - Transfers.

Originally posted by iacovone:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iacovone:

This should be changed to JoseRR's <STRIKE>Small</STRIKE> <STRIKE>Italian</STRIKE>COMO Club to Big Club Challenge at the rate we're going icon_biggrin.gif

icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right just to be different I am loading up a restart in Portugal..Want to do something different, when I tried to start in italy I knew so many names it sucked...so portugal here we come icon_smile.gif A screenshot of team in an hour or so icon_smile.gif

Yeah, I found that when trying to retry Gundo's challenge in Croatia. I knew so many of the original players that were good after my original save it was really, really hard to get into a new game there.

I'm not sure how long I'll last at Como. I'm about 12 games into the league season so far but it's really, really frustrating to watch my team sometimes. I'll see how I go though. I like to get out of the bottom league within two seasons in these kind of challenges otherwise I put less and less thought and effort into what I'm doing and just get annoyed. My old save in Croatia was like that after being stuck in the bottom league for 5 years before it had an error.

Well a mini update with no team named haha...I have found out that there are 20 teams to choose from some with full squads some with no players at all and some with a few players, some huge stadiums some little ones.

Decision Process

1 - Now I want a challenge but nothing like I had in Domegliara financially so stadium must be over 2000 - teams left - 20 DAMN

2 - I want my own players so a team with less than 10 players would be great - teams left - 12 Thats better

3 - A name I like...this could take a while.............. Ok decision - teams left - 8

4 - Now kit colours make it interesting... <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Team Kit 1 Kit 2 Kit 3

Tondela Green Yellow

Paredes Blue Red

Imortal White w/Red Red w/White

Estrela Green Yellow

Amora Blue White

Lamas Red/Black Stripe Red w/Black Grey w/Black

Pombal Green/White Hoop Blue w/Yellow Green

Macedo Yellow Green

</pre>

Bye to Paredes, Amora and Lamas - 5 teams left

5 - Another think about names and down to three - Now this decision could take a while Imortal, Tondela or Pombal.

Wow! Its great to see how this has progressed over just one weekend icon14.gif Sorry to say that almost all weekends I won't be around. Best of luck to all those who have started since my last visit! I shall be back on my game today and hopefully finish my first season!

Originally posted by JoseRR:

Wow! Its great to see how this has progressed over just one weekend icon14.gif Sorry to say that almost all weekends I won't be around. Best of luck to all those who have started since my last visit! I shall be back on my game today and hopefully finish my first season!

Wel we try, I also put a request in the Mod thread to get the turnover dates put in the original post. I am just happy that by Rlipscombe and myself being here we actually acheived making this challenge take over it is a great one and it will be my first guaranteed when FM09 comes out, I hope to beat it on here first...

PS...Go the IMORTALS!!!! Making an Immortal record for themselves

ashton321 - congratulations on promotion icon14.gif first to crack the bottom tier in Germany i believe. good luck next season.

aaberdeenn - stick with it - i'm sure you'll make the breakthrough. what is the main problem you're having?? scoring? conceding?

dave safc - good start there at Nocerina. i hope you keep it up. seem to have got a few good players in there.

Des Tiny - good look with the Imortals. make sure they live up to there name. will be interesting to see how you go in Portugal.

JoseRR - it is great how the thread has taken off in the last few days. i'm glad that the challenge is finally getting some of the credit it deserves. with a bit of luck we get a number of long term games going to keep the thread ticking over.

Thanks guys, well the first issue is a serious lack of players I can actually afford, but fingers crossed I can get some in as my team is not so good at the start...going to spend a while on my tactic, though the formation may end up changing when I actually see what I can get in, hoping for a good parent club as well. I am going to need loans to get through this season...

2008/09 Imortal DC

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">The Beginnings</pre>

When the press turned up to Estadio Municipal de Albufeira following Imortal Desportivo Clube's promotion to the Portugese Second Division Serie C they were all shocked to hear that their chairman, Francisco Paulo had signed an unknown Spanish Manager, Des Tiny, they had expected a surprise in the manager, but it could've at least been someone they knew. Des proceeded to tell them his dreams for the club and got a laugh when he suggested a Champions league spot by the clubs Centenary, until he glared and told them he was serious, then a reporter down the front piped up, you expect us to believe in just 11 years you can go from the bottom of league football to the top of Europe. Des laughs now, I didn't say winning it, but we will be there. First I need to bring in some players with the determination and ambition to do it. Because right now our squad is quite abysmal. I will be keeping all our current players until at least December, so they are safe, for now. I have already asked our Assistant Manager for his resignation and he gave it to me immediately and as such i have hired Vitor Lopes to replace him. I have been looking into some new formations as I think we are going to need some serious thought as to how to improve quickly, but I am here for the long haul if the board will keep me. So all of you have a good day I have a football club to run.

But remember the IMORTAL's will NEVER die!

Participants

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Player Team Season League Achievements

</pre><hr class="ev_code_hr" /><pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Rlipscombe Como 11/12 Serie C1 08/09 Promoted Via Playoffs

09/10 Promoted Via Playoffs

10/11 Relegated

Des Tiny AS Casale 11/12 Serie C2/A 11th, 4th, 7th - Postponed

aaberdeenn Como 08/09 Serie C2/A

Frazza Pee Como 08/09 Serie C2/A

Max1994 Como 08/09 Serie C2/A

iacovone Albalonga 08/09 Serie C2/B

dave safc Nocerina 08/09 Serie C2/B

Gilbster Brindisi 09/10 Serie C2/C

Mark Snellink Nocerina 08/09 Serie C2/C

JoseRR Alfaro 08/09 Second Div B2

Freek Teek Munster 09/10 Regional Div West

Ashton Trier 11/12 Third Division 10/11 Promoted

10/11 Champions RDW

Des Tiny Imortal 08/09 Second Division C

</pre>

Right I think i have got everyone, If I missed someone please tell me and I will fix it up.

Originally posted by Frazza Pee:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">ps what is wrong with the french league?

You can't play in the lowest league IIRC </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, you would have to take a team promoted into the National League. the only thing with this is that you would most likely have a squad of players already.

i personally have no problems with people playing in France - in fact i'd welcome one or two to have a go there. if ever i finish with Como, i think i'd probably head there.....

Originally posted by freek_teek:

Actually most squads don't have players when they get promoted from the CFA. Maybe that's one of the reasons the CFA isn't playable (it consists mainly of reserve teams and playerless teams).

i stand corrected!! icon_biggrin.gif

aaberdeenn - stick with it - i'm sure you'll make the breakthrough. what is the main problem you're having?? scoring? conceding?

I'll give it least a good few seasons, don't worry. Both I guess. I've no-one regularly scoring, just random goals coming whenever. Defensively we've kept three clean sheets in over a dozen games. There's just so many goals that look really pathetic to concede. I guess having 20-odd new players won't make it easy but I guess sticking with the same team for a good few games might make a change. I'm playing with a slightly defensive quick counter attacking tactic. May have a re-think I guess.

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">aaberdeenn - stick with it - i'm sure you'll make the breakthrough. what is the main problem you're having?? scoring? conceding?

I'll give it least a good few seasons, don't worry. Both I guess. I've no-one regularly scoring, just random goals coming whenever. Defensively we've kept three clean sheets in over a dozen games. There's just so many goals that look really pathetic to concede. I guess having 20-odd new players won't make it easy but I guess sticking with the same team for a good few games might make a change. I'm playing with a slightly defensive quick counter attacking tactic. May have a re-think I guess. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

having done 3 seasons in Italy now, i have noticed that the myth of Italian football being defence first isn't necessarily the case in the lower leagues. i got two promotions despite having a dodgy defence, playing the old 'we'll score more than you' mentality. Defenders just don't seem to get good ratings as a rule.

i played first 2 seasons with an attacking 4-3-1-2 formation, with the wide men getting forward often. i have calmed it a little now, reverting to a 4-1-3-2 formation. i am toying with going back to the original formation though.

Finding a good goalscoring ST can make the difference between mid-table and promotion. i got promotion 1st season mainly based on two loanees getting about 15 goals each, and promotion to Serie B mainly on Davide Di Gennaro scoring about 24 goals (fractionally over a goal a game icon_biggrin.gif ) that isn't to say the strikers still didn't go through barren spells though. A goalscorer can make the difference.

based on that, i would aim to get a couple of good strikers, and some attacking ability out wide.

The other thing i would say is that i would imaging your finances are improving a little each month, providing your wages aren't too bad. i think i have made a profit of about £1 million each season so far. bumper crowds in the play-offs helped, but i have always been making money.

Originally posted by ashton321:

Someone come and join me in Germany I am all extremly lonely in Rhineland. We cannot just have this as the Como challenge. icon_smile.gif

I have been looking into the background of my team if anyone is interested

no, we don't want everyone doing Como!! icon_mad.gificon_biggrin.gif

yeah, go on, give us the background. i for one like to know the background to a team....

Was originally two different teams but they joined in 1948 to make the ighty SV Eintracht Trier (champions league winners 2030/2031)

Floated then in the Gruppe Nord before the formation of the Bundesliga when they joined at stage 2. Had a few good years untill the Bundesliga was again reformed leaving Trier out.

Nothing much else has happend apart from a couple of cup runs and a MASSIVE 9-0 (defeat)against Schalke.

Trier the city holds a title as being Germany oldest.

Can I just say lads really enjoying this alot is good fun now the thread is up and going well.

Congrats fellas

Preussen Münster - 2009-2010 & 2010 - 2011 update

I'll be quick with these two seasons, so that I've actually updated as far as I have played. My next updates will be more frequent, and probably interesting.

2009 - 2010

I hoped to build on our strong finish last season, and maybe challenge for the title. (My board wanted promotion. As there is only one spot available meant I had to win the league.) For some reason I didn't compete in the German Cup this season. (if someone knows how this is decided please let me know.) We started our season with 3 defeats, which basically meant that our season was over. As expected Wilhelmshaven ahrdly dropped points and were cruising to the title by christmass. We never got close, despite a 20+ games unbeaten run.

League Table

I was however pleased with our transfers . All new players made it are first choice, with the exeption off Zimin who looked very good on paper, but just couldn't score.

Guissepe Pisano (loaned from Schalke, at the moment worth 2.1m Euro) and Ucar were my players of the season

2010-2011

The board wanted to win the league, and with a few of the top teams in the league moving to the Regional Division North, I believe we had a decent chance. Our biggest rival for the top spot were FSV Frankfurt, with SW Essen and Uerdingen being outsiders. Compared to the previous season our season started good, the only fault being a 2-1 away loss to Frankfurt. At christmass we were top of the table, 5 points clear from Frankfurt. After the winter our trouble started, despite having posession and creating chances we had trouble scoring. this resulted in us having a few frustrating 0-0 draws. Meanwhile Frankfurt started get steaming, they lost maybe 3 points in the second half of the season. We ended 3 points behind Frankfurt.

League Table

Transfers were so-so

Despite not achieving the short term (champions) and long term (esteblish in 3rd Bundesliga), the board offer me a new 2-year contract, the new long term objective is promotion from the Regional Leagues.

What's worse is that after the season we were moved to the Reginal Division North. Without duobt the hardest of the three Regional Leagues, with Leipzig, Oberhausen, Union Berlin and worse of all Osnabrück (they start the game in the 2nd Bundesliga), all fighting for one spot.

Nocerina - 2008/2009 - End of season

Media Prediction - 8th

Finishing position - 2nd

Final Table - Table

Serie C cup - Semi-Final

Again, going to keep it brief for now.

What an infuriatingly disappointing season. I'll never know how we never got promoted!

Best defence, best attack and seven of my players in the team of the year. Seven!

Next year will hopefully be our year, as our players have had a year of playing together and are gelling nicely.

Freek Teek my fellow German player next season I am backing you for promotion it took me three years three years to go up with finishes of 6th, 4th and then champs. Good luck for next season. Its yours in the bag.

Dave again you will do it next season sometimes can be bad to get promoted to early leaves you with a huge gulf in class

I'm afraid it's going to take me a little longer icon_smile.gif.

Just played the first few games off the season, big wins against the lower half of the table, but losing to the top 5. I'm afraid I'm going to change my tactics. I'm not used to playing against teams that are better than me anymore.

Well tell you what mate promotion aint all its cracked up to be struggling to keep my head above the drop zone at the moment. In November now come Jan going to need some new players. The board have 1.5mil in the bank but I have only 12k to spend going to have to have words with my lovely boss.

Archived