[FM10] Dosthill Colts from lvl 10 to the prem - Own Youth Products Only

hrbfcrule

200+ club appearances

------------Name------------------Appearances-----------Goals----------Average Rating--------

Andy Jones (MC,L,R)         342 (417)           23 (31)            6.84 (6.85)
        (2009-Present)

Matthew Hughes (DC,R)       278 (349)           19 (23)            6.98 (7.00)
        (2009-Present) 

Tom McCoy (DC,L)            273 (350)           11 (14)            6.98 (7.03)  
        (2009-Present)

Danny Thompson (ML,ST)      213 (266)           28 (43)            6.58 (6.66)
        (2009-2016)

Glenn Stamp (DC)            251 (306)           11 (12)            7.00 (7.00)
        (2011-Present)

Chris Turner (GK)           202 (246)           0 (0)              6.84 (6.84)
        (2013-Present)

Jamie Wood (DL)             197 (237)           3 (3)              7.06 (7.04)
        (2012-Present) 

Michael Coleman (MC)        196 (235)          13 (13)             6.87 (6.87)
        (2011- Present)

David Watson (MR, ST)       176 (221)          54 (60)             6.85 (6.83)
        (2013-Present)

Key: league (all competitions)

--------Season-------Games Played--------Won--------Drawn---------Lost--------For--------Against--------GD--------Win%-------------
      2009/10            49              26         12            11       60 (1.22)    28 (0.57)      +32        53%
      2010/11            56              22         19            15       67 (1.20)    54 (0.96)      +13        39%
      2011/12            54              20         20            14       59 (1.09)    42 (0.78)      +17        37%
      2012/13            50              26         15            9        67 (1.34)    33 (0.66)      +34        52%
      2013/14            54              20         19            15       75 (1.39)    60 (1.11)      +15        37%
      2014/15            49              19         15            15       54 (1.10)    46 (0.94)      +8         39%
      2015/16            53              18         20            15       58 (1.09)    50 (0.94)      +8         34%
      2016/17            57              33         14            10       88 (1.54)    44 (0.77)      +42        57%
      2017/18            52              23         13            16       65 (1.25)    51 (0.98)      +14        44%
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Total              474             207        147           120      593 (1.25)   408 (0.86)     +185       44%

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overall Best Eleven

Pre Season

Promotion odds didn't look good for us. However the board had a bit more faith in me, giving me options of "top half finish" and above, bit of added pressure there. Media predict us 7th surprisingly as they predicted us 22nd last year and I have not changed the team at all. On that note I would like to add that there were no good youth prospects this year and the board still sy we lack funds to improve them despite having almost 200k in the bank. Glenn Stamp and Chris Turner have also been making some noise about moving to bigger clubs.

------------Name------------------Appearances-----------Goals----------Average Rating--------

Sean Thomson (DC)          23 (30)           0 (2)          6.53 (6.76)
        (2013-2018)

Wage Budget: £1,970 (£2,495)

Wage Bill: £929 (£677)

Transfer Budget: £18,017 (£10,566)

Ticket price: £11.00(+£0.00)

Season Ticket Holders: 91 (+12)

Friendlies

Dosthill Colts 2-3 GH Academy

Gedling MW 0-2 Dosthill Colts

Dosthill Colts 1-2 Burton

Aylesbury FC 0-1 Dosthill Colts

Wakefield 2-0 Dosthill Colts

Benfleet 1-2 Dosthill Colts

Dosthill Colts 2-1 York

Dosthill Colts 0-0 Wrexham

A good set of friendlies especially against York, Wrexham and Burton. W4 D1 L3 out of the 8 games. But we did seem to get a fair few injuries that could effect our start to the season

thanks bobatwal

Stoke not getting back up... Billericay slipping backwards... :(

Meanwhile... next week on The Football League Show, action from Heather St Johns versus Atherton Collieries. :D

I investigated both their rises and it turns out they both got taken over and were invested in heavily.

Atherton Collieries:

League Positions (sorry if you can't read the writing I don't know how to make it bigger) It's basically missed out a division in the league history.

Information

Heather St Johns:

League Positions (sorry if you can't read the writing I don't know how to make it bigger) It's basically missed out a division in the league history.

Information

It is pretty clear when both got their takeovers but I shall tell you anyway: Atherton at the start of the 2012/13 season and HSJ in the middle of the 2009/10 season

It will make for an interesting contest in league 2, who will get promoted 1st, or even who will get to the premiership 1st.

Super Bladesman: there seems to be a problem with lvl 8 of the league ladder not being recognised on the league history

August 2018

League: Cradley 0-0 Dosthill Colts

We start off the new season with a bore draw against rivals, Cradley. Not the best match between us two but not the worst start for either of us.

League: Dosthill Colts 5-0 Mangotsfield

Well you don't see that everyday, especially not from us. Russ Stone set us on our way with a penalty after just 8 mins. It got worse for Mnagotsfield though, just 2 mins after that Adam Penney got a 2nd. The game was wrapped up in the 28th min when the referee gave us another penalty which Michael Coleman comfortably put away. Coleman then added a 4th before half time giving us a chance to humiliate Mangotsfield in the 2nd half. After half time John Kenworthy added a 5th to maintain hopes of humiliation but we went off the boil after that and it stayed at 5-0. Sorry Super Bladesman but Mangotsfield were awful.

League: Hemel Hempstead 1-0 Dosthill Colts

We were completely taken apart by a far superior Hemel Hempstead side. The best we could hope for was a draw but they scored immediately after half time and we knew we had no chance of getting anything from this match. A poor display after such a good performance in the previous match.

League Table

Player of the Month - Russ Stone - managed to continue his fine form from last season through the friendlies and into the opening games of this season. Even managed to get a goal in the game against Mangotsfield.

September 2018

League: Dosthill Colts 0-1 Clevedon

A decent match, everything was there except the goals. Untilo the 2nd half when they scored late on, a draw would have been a fair result so I am a bit disappointed with the result.

League: Totton & Elling 0-1 Dosthill Colts

We were the slightly better team and got the goal that eventually decided it. David Watson getting it late in the 1st half. We managed to hold on to claim just our 2nd league win this season.

League: Dosthill Colts 0-0 Maidenhead

We dominated from start to finish but couldn't break down their defence. Despite having 18 shots just a handful of them were in target and no clear cut chances.

FA Cup 1st Qual Round: Eastwood 1-0 Dosthill Colts

As soon as the 1st half ended goalless with us dominating it I could only see one thing happening. I knew they would get a late winner to make us rue our missed a chances, they didn't disappoint me and did just that. Our FA Cup run ended prematurely again.

League: Dosthill Colts 1-1 King Lynn

Again we dominated the 1st half but somehow went into the break 1-0 down. We looked impotent again in the 2nd half but we were awarded a penalty in the 74th min which Michael Coleman put away did give us a draw.

League: Wimbourne 1-1 Dosthill Colts

Against league leaders I was expecting a loss. My team played to my expectations in the 1st half by being played off the park in the 1st half going to the restart 1-0 down. Somehow we managed to get the equaliser through Cameron Crooks early on in the second half but more amazingly we managed to hold on to the draw.

League: Dosthill Colts 0-0 Weston Super Mare

It looks like it's going to be one of those seasons, again we failed to find a winner despite being the better team. Strikers looking awful in front of goal: 8 goals in 10 matches this season, whereas the defence is looking solid: just 5 conceded in the 10 matches

League Table - Special mention to Ashford, i've never seen a worse start to a league campaign.

Player of the Month - Michael Coleman - our only good player from midfield or attack this season. Been showing the strikers how its done with 3 goals in 5 appearances this season

Yer nobby it's very impressive, they went on a 35 match unbeaten league streak as well :eek:

This is great work - How do you find out about previous events, such as some non league clubs getting heavily invested in. Thanks,

Go to the club you want to find out about click on "history" then "landmarks"

Here are some examples:

HSJ

Atherton Collieries

October 2018

League: Kentish Town 3-1 Dosthill Colts

A very poor display from the lads. They scored in 1st half injury time however when Adam Penney scored an equaliser striaght after half time I thought we had a chance of getting something this match. But I was wrong, we self destructed in the last half an hour conceding 2 goals and throwing away the match.

League: Dosthill Colts 2-1 Evesham

Just the reply I was looking for after last match. Phil Benson put us ahead after 11 mins but we were pegged back almost straight away. Adam Penney scored our 2nd on the half hour and that proved to be enough for just our 3rd league win of the season.

League: Dorchester 1-1 Dosthill Colts

We played very well against one of the "bigger teams" in this division. But despite dominating the match we had nothing to show for it until their keeper put into his own net for an embarrassing own goal on the 62nd min. However we couldn't hold onto our lead and conceded late on. After the match my team were diagnosed with Second Season Syndrome

FA Trophy 2nd Qual Round: Dosthill Colts 1-0 Bashley

We met our expectations in this match, with total control of the match from start to finish. But my misfiring strikers could only finish one of the many chances they were presented with. Owen Slater scoring it early in the 2nd half.

Birmingham Floodlit Cup 1st Round: Dosthill Colts 1-3 Tividale

Embarrassing, Just Embarrassing. Not only did we lose convincingly but we were completely outplyed. What is wrong with us in this competition, on paper we should be winning the competition every year but for the past 3 seasons we have fallen at the 1st hurdle. Things started off well John Kenworthy putting us ahead after just 7 mins. But it all went downhill from there, they equalised after 30 mins. Took the lead for the 1st time in the 60th min and wrapped things up in the 93rd min.

Southern League Cup 1st Round: Dosthill Colts 2-1 AET Bishop's Cleeve

Again we got completely outplayed but somehow we won it. They took the lead in the 1st half and looked very comfortable. Stopping us having a shot until the 63rd min. We slowly got into the game more and Adam Penney got us an equaliser in the 70th min. They missed 3 more clear cut chances in the last 20 mins. So the game went into extra time. We managed to pick up 4 minor injuries (green cross) in extra time and I had already used all 3 subs yet we still managed to find a winner, Cameron Crooks getting it in the 102nd min to send ud through to the 2nd round.

League Table - a very subdued october with just 6 matches in it compared to the hectic 10 or 11.

Player of the Month - Jamie Wood - A solid month, didn't play in the Tividale match. Got above 7 rating in all matches he played.

Just been catching up and realised I have not commented.

Loving the amount of information available in this thread :thup:

Progressing well, you are simular to my team, quietly going up through the playoffs and letting the others have the glory. ;)

Around the country I see Doncaster have done well to become a yo-yo club between the Championship and Premier league. What happened to Plymouth for them to drop so low? Poor Manager choices? Money problems?

Just been catching up and realised I have not commented.

Loving the amount of information available in this thread :thup:

Progressing well, you are simular to my team, quietly going up through the playoffs and letting the others have the glory. ;)

Around the country I see Doncaster have done well to become a yo-yo club between the Championship and Premier league. What happened to Plymouth for them to drop so low? Poor Manager choices? Money problems?

Thanks, yer we do seem to like getting promoted via the playoffs.

As far as I can see there isn't too much wrong with Plymouth. Their finances are "okay" however they do seem to get through their managers, they've had 7 so far. Including 6 in the 1st 6.5 seasons. That was when most of the damage was done.

League History

Their current manager, Jamie Chambers, seems to be doing a good job he joined mid february of the 15/16 season when they were effectively doomed to relegation into non league football and has now guided them to promotion back into the football league and they are now just inside the league 2 playoffs.

November 2018

FA Trophy 3rd Round Qual: Bromsgrove 2-3 Dosthill Colts

We started off well and even got a goal for our troubles, Adam Penney scoring early on to give us a 1-0 lead going into half time. It then got even better David Watson pouncing on a mistake to slot home a 2nd. However it all changed from there, within 16 mins we had thrown it all away, conceding twice and were now on the backfoot as Bromsgrove pushed forward for the winner. But they had pushed too far forward and in the dying seconds of the match Phil Benson raced through one on one with the keeper. He made no mistake giving us 1 95th min winner. Was this the bit of luck that would turn our season around?

League: Dosthill Colts 3-0 Ashford (Middlesex)

Despite our poor predicament I was expecting a win because Ashford (Middlesex) were rock bottom with only 1 league win (which had come last week). Mick Cotterill gave us a good start with a goal in the opening 15 mins. John Kenworthy came off the bench in the 2nd half and managed to double our lead on the 56th min. The game seemed wrapped up from then on. But all credit to the team as we kept on pushing for more goals and finally a 3rd came, Mick Cotterill grabbing his 2nd of the match.

League: Oxford City 1-1 Dosthill Colts

This match brought us back down to earth. We played well in the 1st half and with one of the final kicks of the half Michael Coleman managed to score. However they were in full control of the match in the 2nd half yet they couldn't seemed to finad a leveller. Until the 84th min that is, when they were given a somewhat controversial penalty. They duly dispatched it to leave us bitterly disappointed despite the fact we deserved to lose.

League: Dosthill Colts 0-1 Sport London e Benfica

Looks like we have turned back to our old ways again. They out played us in every department and just 1 1st half goal was needed to secure them the win.

League: Dosthill Colts 0-1 Tooting & Mitcham

Even more disappointing, a 2nd home loss in a row and what's worse is the performance we gave. We just didn't look interested at all. An 81st min winner gave them the winner, at least dafuge will be happy.

League: Pegasus Juniors 1-1 Dosthill Colts

A very good response, performance wise but not in terms of the result. We were desperately unlucky not to win especially since their goal was a good few yards offside. We came back well to equalise 6 mins later through Owen Slater. We pushed for a winner but it never came.

FA Trophy 4th Qual Round: Worthing 1-0 Dosthill Colts

We never looked like winning this one, not even managing a shot on target. Another late goal sank our chances of progressing further in this competition

Southern League Cup 2nd Round: Dosthill Colts 1-1p Rugby

Thoroughly disappointed with the result we completely destroyed them. But thats what you get when you sit back on a 1-0 lead. Owen Slater gave us that lead in the 1st half but an 87th min equaliser ensured there would be extra time. No furtherbrake throughs were made meaning the game would go to penalties. As per usual we lost the penalty shootout making it 8 losses in 10 penalty shootouts since I've been in charge. We have also lost the last 7 shoot outs.

League Table

Player of the Month - Mick Cotterill - Some fine performances and even got a brace against Ashford (Middlesex)

December 2018

League: Bridgwater 2-0 Dosthill Colts

They were the league leaders so I wasn't expecting anything spectacular from us but it would be nice if my team actually turned up to the match. They scored within the 1st and last 10 mins of the match to secure a much too comfortable victory for my liking.

League: Bromsgrove 0-1 Dosthill Colts

Really expected us to bounce back especially because Bromsgrove were languishing in the bottom 3. It wasn't pretty but we got the 3 points, a typically scrappy match by 2 teams who are both struggling for points and to be honest it could have gone either way. Mick Cotterill continued his excellent form by scoring a 70th min goal to give us a vital 3 points. I would also like to mention this was my 500th game in charge and what a nice way to celebrate it.

League: Dosthill Colts 4-0 Cradley

Wow:eek:. Talk about clinical, it's a pity all our season's luck has come in just one match. Mick Cotterill has been in some scintillating form and this match proved no exception. He racked up a 6 minute hat trick in the 1st half, scoring in the 39th, 43rd and 45th mins. The game was all but over by then but David Watson added a 4th in the 2nd half.

League: Mangotsfield 1-1 Dosthill Colts

A very even match and a draw was probably the fairest outcome. They took the lead in the 1st half and Adam Penney equalised in the 2nd. There was a measly crowd of just 89 that came to watch this match.

League: Dosthill Colts 3-0 Hemel Hempstead

This made it 7 goals without reply in our last 2 home matches. Cameron Crooks scored in the 25th min against the run of play. But we started to play better and were in control in the 2nd half, however we always knew we would need a 2nd to secure the 3 points. We did just that in the 85th min when Adam Penney rounded off an excellent team move. Then Cameron Crooks put gloss on the scoreline in the 92nd min by getting his 2nd.

League: Clevedon 1-1 Dosthill Colts

Another away match another poor performance and slightly lucky result. Greg Hitchen scored early on but we had no chance of holding on, they equalised in the 72nd min . I don't know how they didn't win this they had 5 clear cut chances to our 1.

League Table

Player of the Month - Cameron Crooks - scored some crucial goals and got a fair few assists this month

keep up the good work. Have you had any problems training your players when they were amateur and now semi pro?

To be honest I can't remember too much from that far back but I'm pretty sure there weren't any problems with training. When we went semi pro I think I could increase their training workload a bit

January 2019

League: Dosthill Colts 3-0 Staines

10 goals without reply in the last 3 home games, just the form we need to push us into the top half. We started off very well and found ourselves 2 up within 15 mins. Simon Carty opening the scoring and Greg Hitchen doubling the lead just 5 mins later. The game went rather quite for a while until Adam Penney scored with 15 mins left. From then on it was all us but we couldn't find a 4th.

League: Maidenhead 0-1 Dosthill Colts

We were a bit lucky to come away with all 3 points, mainly helped by the ref who seemed to get quite a few decisions wrong, mostly in our favour. Phil Benson scored the only goal of the match after 33 mins from what looked like an offside position. The ref then turned down a fair few penalty claims by them. The frustration was starting to show when their central defender hacked down Simon Carty and got himself a straight red. We easily ran out the remaining minutes of the match to claim another win.

League: Dosthill Colts 1-1 Dorchester

A draw was probably a fair result, although the last few mins were very nerve wracking. They scored 1st but their lead didn't last long, Adam Penney got the goal just mins after theirs. We looked like we could go on to win it until David Watson got himself sent off from a 2nd bookable offence. We then hung on for dear life until the final whistle blew.

League: Dosthill Colts 2-1 Wealdstone

All the action happened in the 1st half, Phil Benson started it all off by scoring after 28 mins. Just 4 mins later Adam Penney doubled the lead. Then in 1st half injury time they got one back. Thankfully they didn't get the equaliser and we claimed another priceless win. Just a few points off the playoff places now

League: King's Lynn 1-2 Dosthill Colts

Again 2 first half goals gave us a win. This time Owen Slater and Adam Penney got them. King's Lynn pushed well in the 2nd half but we were too strong for them and they didn't really threaten us, in fact we looked more dangerous to ourselves than they did to us: Glenn Stamp put into his own net to set up a nail biting last 20 mins.

League Table

Player of the Month - Adam Penney - has been in incredible form over the past 2 months, scoring 6 in his last 9 games

@Liverbird93: thanks, I'll just be happy with top half finish

February 2019

League: Dosthill Colts 0-0 Wimbourne

We were easily the better team but failed to take any of our chances. A case of 2 points dropped.

League: Dosthill Colts 0-0 Totton & Elling

We were really lucky to hang on to the draw. They were all over us which is ver disappointing since we are the home side. A chance of the playoffs is slipping away.

League: Weston Super Mare 3-1 Dosthill Colts

We played well up till half time, Owen Slater gave us the lead in the 18th min. They managed to equalise just before half time. Arguably we should have lead at half time but failure to convert chances prevented us from doing so. Then in the 2nd half we fell apart and conceded to late goals to end our 12 match unbeaten streak.

League: Dosthill Colts 0-2 Kentish Town

It's all falling apart, an embarrassing home defeat to playoff hopefulls Kentish Town has pretty much ended hopes off a playoff spot. A goal either side of half time gave them the win

League: Evesham 4-3 Dosthill Colts

We really should have won this or at the very least drawn it. I have no idea how we managed to concede 4. We got off to a bad start by conceding after 84 seconds. But Adam Penney put us back on level terms a short while later. They took the lead going into half time from a cross which ended up missing everyone and going in. Michael Coleman gave us another equaliser this time from the spot just 3 mins into the 2nd half. Mid way through the 2nd half the retook the lead again and looked like this time it would be the winner but in the 85th min David Watson scored the 3rd equaliser. It looked like we had done enough for a point but in the 88th min they took the lead for a 4th time and this time they kept it.

League Table

Player of the Month - Owen Slater - although he didn't play every game this month the ones he did play in he did well.

March 2019

League: Dosthill Colts 2-0 Oxford City

A deserved win which was all wrapped up in the 1st half. Greg Hitchen got our 1st before the quarter hour. Adam Penney got the second 5 mins before half time. No more goals in the second half but I will take a 2-0 win.

League: Sport London e Benfica 1-1 Dosthill Colts

Didn't expect to win as they were in 3rd and were in good form. They scored late in the second half to confirm their dominance. But things were turned on its head when they got a red card on the hour mark. We then dominated and John Kenworthy got our deserved equaliser 7 mins from full time.

League: Dosthill Colts 2-0 Pegasus Juniors

Simon Carty got us off to the perfect start with a goal after just 7 mins. Greg Hitchen then doubled our lead and secured the win. However the game was over shadowed by the horrific injury suffered by Adam Penney. He broke his leg in the 2nd half and is out for 7-8 months.

League: Ashford (Middlesex) 2-2 Dosthill Colts

Really expected us to win this one as it was against the league's whipping boys. They had just 2 wins previous to this match and were almost certainly going to be relegated. However they managed to take the lead after 20 mins. Their lead didn't last long, David Watson levelling soon after. But with just 5 mins left they retook the lead and looked to be getting their 3rd league win of the season. But Simon Carty denied them with just a few mins to spare.

League: Dosthill Colts 0-0 Bromsgrove

A very disappointing outcome especially considering they were down to 10 men for most of the match. It doesn't really matter anymore as we realistically can't get into the playoffs or be relegated.

League Table

Player of the Month - Greg Hitchen - 2 goals from the centre back this month as well as some solid defensive displays

April 2019

League: Staines 0-0 Dosthill Colts

A pretty rubbish match. Neither team creating much and the game was far too bogged down in the midfield.

League: Dosthill Colts 0-3 Bridgwater

Again neither team managed much in the way of chances in the 1st half but it all changed in the 2nd half. We completely self destructed, they had just 3 shots in the 2nd half but all 3 went in to give the scoreline an embarrassing look.

League: Tooting and Mitcham 3-3 Dosthill Colts

A much more interesting game, Phil Benson put us ahead after just 20 mins. They equalised soon after. Michael Coleman then gave us the lead going into half time. Cameron Crooks then put us 3-1 up half way through the 2nd half. We conceded a 2nd soon after and then the 3rd in the 91st min.

League: Wealdstone 5-1 Dosthill Colts

:o:o:o This is just embarrassing, they were a place below us in the table before the match. We were 2 down by half time. and 4 down by the 80th min. We got one back, David Watson getting the consolation. But then we conceded a 5th in injury time

thanks whitehurst2008

Dosthill Colts, Southern League Premier Division 2018/19 Season Summary

League: 14th

FA Cup: Lost to Eastwood in 1st Qual Round 1-0

FA Trophy: Lost in the 4th Qual Round 3-2 to Bromsgrove

Southern League Cup: Lost in 2nd Round to Rugby on penalties after 1-1

Birmingham Floodlit Cup: Lost in 1st round 3-1 to Tividale

League Table, League Graph

Squad

A really disappointing season and by far the worst that I've had in charge. We were poor in every department. In other seasons we at least created chances in matches we lost. But in large parts of this season we failed to create chances in matches. It was only a 12 match unbeaten run in the 2nd half of the season which saved us from relegation.

Player/s of the Season

Russ Stone - The only player to get above a 7 average rating over the whole season, just shows how badly the squad played

Iain Burgin - Didn't play too badly for the most part of the season. But a poor patch around September/October

Finances - A slight increase but I doubt it will be enough to make the board upgrade the youth facilities which I desperately need

Season              League                        Position        Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10         Midland Combinations Premier       2nd         Promoted via Playoffs
2010/11         Midland Football Alliance          14th        Birmingham Floodlit Cup
2011/12         Midland Football Alliance          12th        N/A
2012/13         Midland Football Alliance          1st         Promotion
2013/14         Southern First Division            10th        N/A
2014/15         Southern First Division            8th         N/A
2015/16         Southern First Division            11th        N/A
2016/17         Southern First Division            2nd         Promoted via Playoffs
2017/18         Southern Premier                   6th         N/A
2018/19         Southern Premier                   14th        N/A

Roll of Honour - Leagues

[b][u][size=3]Premier League[/size][/u][/b]

------------------[b]Champions[/b]---------------[b]Champions League[/b]------------------------------[b]Euro Cup[/b]--------------------------[b]Relegated[/b]----------------
2009/10            Chelsea             Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool               Tottenham, Arsenal, Everton          Burnley, Fulham, Stoke
2010/11            Man City            Chelsea, Aston Villa, Man Utd              Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool        Birmingham, Portsmouth, Coventry
2011/12            Tottenham           Man Utd, Chelsea, Everton                  Arsenal, Man City, Burnley           Bolton, Fulham, Wigan
2012/13            Man City            Tottenham, Man Utd, Chelsea                Arsenal, Aston Villa                 Hull, Birmingham, Swansea
2013/14            Tottenham           Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea                 Aston Villa, Burnley, Liverpool      West Brom, Doncaster, Stoke
2014/15            Man City            Chelsea, Tottenham, Aston Villa            Liverpool, Man Utd, Sunderland       Fulham, Blackburn, Hull
2015/16            Arsenal             Aston Villa, Chelsea, Man Utd              Man City, Tottenham, Everton         Coventry, Stoke, Doncaster
2016/17            Tottenham           Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool               Aston Villa, Everton, Arsenal        Leicester, West Brom, Blackburn
2017/18            Man City            Man Utd, Chelsea, Aston Villa              Newcastle, Tottenham, Arsenal        Coventry, Doncaster,Fulham
2018/19            Man City            Aston Villa, Arsenal, Tottenham            Man Utd, Chelsea, Newcastle          Leeds, Huddersfield, West Brom

[b][u][size=3]Championship[/size][/u][/b]

----------------[b]Champions[/b]-----------------[b]Promoted[/b]--------------------------[b]Playoffs[/b]------------------------------------------[b]Relegated[/b]--------------
2009/10       Middlesborough        Newcastle, Coventry     West Brom, Coventry, Nottingham Forest, Cardiff           Ipswich, Scunthorpe, Preston
2010/11       Fulham                West Brom, Burnley      Bristol City, Burnley, Reading, Stoke                     Derby, Cardiff, Plymouth
2011/12       Birmingham            Sheff Utd, Swansea      QPR, Swansea, Leicester, Stoke                            Sheff Wed, Peterborough, Blackpool
2012/13       Fulham                Doncaster, Stoke        Bristol City, Huddersfield, Stoke, Coventry               QPR, Notts County, Southend
2013/14       Birmingham            Hull, Coventry          Swansea, Coventry, Leicester, Leeds                       Nottingham Forest, Southampton, Rochdale
2014/15       West Brom             Doncaster, Stoke        Bristol City, Stoke, Leeds, Ipswich                       Derby, Crystal Palace, Blackpool
2015/16       Blackburn             Leicester, Leeds        Ipswich, Leeds, Fulham, Swansea                           Charlton, Barnsley, Rochdale
2016/17       Coventry              Fulham, Doncaster       QPR, Hull, Walsall, Doncaster                             Portsmouth, Sheff Wed, Notts County
2017/18       Wigan                 Huddersfield, West Brom Leicester, West Brom, Hull, Reading                       Bolton, Leyton Orient, Cardiff
2018/19       Ipswich               Rochdale, Walsall       Doncaster, Southampton, Walsall, QPR                      Watford, Portsmouth, Rotherham

[b][u][size=3]League 1[/size][/u][/b]

----------------[b]Champions[/b]-----------------[b]Promoted[/b]--------------------------[b]Playoffs[/b]------------------------------------------[b]Relegated[/b]--------------
2009/10          Walsall               Norwich, Leeds          Millwall, Leeds, Oldham, Southampton             Carlisle, Bristol Rovers, Stockport
2010/11          Southampton           Ipswich, Notts County   Millwall, Charlton, Preston, Notts County        Bury, Wycombe, Exeter
2011/12          Huddersfield          Derby, Southend         Gillingham, Southend, MK Dons, Charlton          Plymouth, Crewe, Swindon
2012/13          Leyton Orient         Blackpool, Rochdale     Charlton, Cardiff, Rochdale, Colchester          Luton, Burton, Accrington
2013/14          Notts County          Charlton, Millwall      Millwall, Gillingham, Preston, Chesterfield      Bristol Rover, MK Dons, Southend
2014/15          Nottingham Forest     QPR, Rochdale           Cardiff, Rochdale, Chesterfield, Rotherham       Swindon, Grimsby, Plymouth
2015/16          Crystal Palace        Rotherham, Sheff Wed    Southampton, Sheff Wed, Derby, Luton             Peterborough, Rushden, Bradford, Blackpool
2016/17          Southampton           Cardiff, Rochdale       Charlton, Chesterfield, Rochdale, Barnsley       Brentford, Colchester, Oxford, Oldham
2017/18          Sheff Wed             Barnsley, Portsmouth    Chesterfield,Shrewsbury,Portsmouth,Notts County  Gateshead, Bristol Rovers, Scunthorpe, Aldershot
2018/19          Notts County          Bradford, Bolton        Cardiff, Leyton Orient, Derby, Bolton            Preston, Rushden, Crewe, Bournemouth

[b][u][size=3]League 2[/size][/u][/b]

----------------[b]Champions[/b]-----------------[b]Promoted[/b]---------------------------------[b]Playoffs[/b]------------------------------------------[b]Relegated[/b]--------------
2009/10        Notts County         Rotherham, Bury, Dag & Red          Shrewsbury, Macclesfield, Lincoln, Dag & Red        Bournemouth, Darlington
2010/11        Port Vale            Chesterfield, Crewe, Rochdale       Rochdale, Northampton, Cheltenham, Torquay          Hereford, Stockport
2011/12        Burton               Wycombe, Accrington, Luton          Torquay, Grimsby, Bradford, Luton                   Dag & Red, Macclesfield
2012/13        Plymouth             Morecambe, Bristol Rovers, Swindon  Northampton, Swindon, Grimsby, Bournemouth          Crewe, Yeovil
2013/14        Grimsby              Luton, Bradford, Shrewsbury         Barnet, Aldershot, Shrewsbury, Torquay              Darlington, Accrington
2014/15        Southend             Northampton, Aldershot, Rushden     Torquay, Bournemouth, Barnet, Rushden               Burton, Wrexham 
2015/16        Oxford               Bristol Rovers, Carlisle, Gateshead Barnet, Gateshead, Exeter, Bournemouth              Plymouth, Cheltenham
2016/17        Peterborough         Crewe, Exeter, Bradford             Bradford, Rushden, Blackpool, Wycombe               Tranmere, Morecambe
2017/18        Bournemouth          Barnet, Colchester, Rushden         Swindon, Rushden, MK Dons, Lincoln                  Southport, Accrington
2018/19        HSJ                  Oldham, Scunthorpe, Bury            Oxford, AFC Wimbledon, Torquay, Bury                Lincoln, Brentford

[b][u][size=3]Blue Square Premier[/size][/u][/b]

----------------[b]Champions[/b]-----------------[b]Promoted[/b]---------------------------------[b]Playoffs[/b]------------------------------------------[b]Relegated[/b]--------------
2009/10          [color=black]Luton  [/color]                   Oxford                    Oxford, Stevenage, Rushden, York              Eastbourne Boro, Forest Green, Chester, Salisbury
2010/11          Rushden                   Bournemouth               Mansfield, Bournemouth, York, Kidderminster   Ebbsfleet, Tamworth, Altrincham, Staines
2011/12          Wrexham                   Stevenage                 AFC Wimbledon, Mansfield, Hayes & Yeading     Fleetwood, Histon, Nuneaton, Chelmsford
2012/13          Mansfield                 Darlington                Gateshead, Darlington, Hereford, York         Dag & Red, Newport County, Alfreton, Grays
2013/14          Macclesfield              Gateshead                 Southport, Gateshead, Crewe, York             Yeovil, Ebbsfleet, Barrow, Kettering
2014/15          AFC Wimbledon             Accrington                Sutton Utd, Southport, Droylsdon, Accrington  Northwich, AFC Telford, Lewes, Hayes & Yeading
2015/16          Crewe                     Southport                 HSJ, Cambridge, Newport County, Southport     Wrexham, Forest Green, Dag & Red, Burton
2016/17          Plymouth                  HSJ                       Salisbury, Cheltenham, HSJ, Stockport         Altrincham, Droylsden, Kidderminster, Crawley
2017/18          Atherton Colls            Newport County            Tranmere, Cambridge, York, Newport County     Grays, Carshalton, Salisbury, Sutton Utd
2018/19          Accrington                Nuneaton                  York, Tranmere, Stockport, Nuneaton           Dover, Truro, Chester, Morecambe

[b][u][size=3]Blue Square North[/size][/u][/b]

2009/10         Fleetwood             AFC Telford               Alfreton, AFC Telford, Stalybridge, Gainsborough              Redditch, Hyde, Harrogate
2010/11         Alfreton              Nuneaton                  Northwich, Stafford, Chester, Nuneaton                        Braintree, Eastwood, Stalybridge
2011/12         Forest Green          Droylsden                 Chester, Tamworth, Southport, Droylsden                       Farsley, Workington, Gainsborough
2012/13         Southport             Corby                     Stafford, Tamworth, Corby, Nuneaton                           Histon, Vauxhall, Solihull Moors
2013/14         Bishop's Stortford    Northwich                 Chester, Northwich, Alfreton, Stafford                        AFC Hornchurch, Kendal, Hednesford
2014/15         HSJ                   Altrincham                Barrow, Altrincham, Fleetwood, Kettering                      Blyth, Ilkeston, King's Lynn 
2015/16         Tamworth              Nuneaton                  Barrow, Kettering, Retford, Nuneaton                          FC United, Fleetwood, Hemel Hempstead
2016/17         Atherton Collieries   Chester                   Chester, Wrexham, AFC Telford, Nantwich                       Bradford PA, Stafford, Alfreton
2017/18         Kettering             AFC Telford               Burton, AFC Telford, Droylsden, Northwich                     Kendal, Ashton Utd, Guiseley 
2018/19         Burton                Barrow                    Cambridge City, Kidderminster, Wrexham, Barrow                Ossett Albion, Gainsborough, Solihull Moors

[b][u][size=3]Blue Square South[/size][/u][/b]

2009/10          Chelmsford               Staines              St Albans, Staines, Bishop's Stortford, Braintree         Welling, Dorchester, Thurrock
2010/11          Newport County           Dover                Dover, Bath, Forest Green, Carshalton                     Havant & Waterlooville, Hasting Utd, Gloucester
2011/12          Ebbsfleet                Truro                Eastbourne Boro, Farnborough, Bath, Truro                 Salisbury, Basingstoke, Weston Super Mare
2012/13          Sutton Utd               Carshalton           Carshalton, Farnborough, Lewes, Weymouth                  Eastbourne Boro, Maidenhead, Thurrock
2013/14          Dag & Red                Lewes                Weymouth, Bath, Lewes, Kingstonian                        Chelmsford, Eastleigh, Grays
2014/15          Tonbridge                Newport County       Newport County, Kingstonian, Welling, Woking              Farnborough, Hampton & Richmond , Havant and Waterlooville
2015/16          Bath                     Salisbury            Salisbury, Kingstonian, Yeovil, Woking                    Bromley, Staines, Chippenham 
2016/17          Kingstonian              Grays                Kettering, Yeovil, Forest Green, Grays                    Ebbsfleet, Mangotsfield, Dag & Red
2017/18          Yeovil                   Merthyr              Hampton and Richmond, Merthyr, Cambridge City, Margate    Crawley, Welling, Ashford (Middlesex)
2018/19          Weymouth                 Grays                Chippenham, Canvey Island, Margate, Grays                 Chelmsford, Havant & Waterlooville, Carshalton

Roll of Honour - Cups

Champions League:

2009/10: Chelsea 3-2 Real Madrid

2010/11: Chelsea FC 1-0 Bayern

2011/12: Real Madrid 4-3 AET Man Utd

2012/13: Barcelona 3-1 Tottenham

2013/14: Real Madrid 2-1 Tottenham

2014/15: Real Madrid 4-1 CSKA Moscow

2015/16: Real Madrid 1-0 Valencia

2016/17: Sevilla p2-2 Man Utd

2017/18: Inter p0-0 Juventus

2018/19: Lyon 1-0 Barcelona

Euro Cup:

2009/10: Werder Bremen 3-1 Bordeaux

2010/11: Real Madrid 3-2 Valencia

2011/12: Juventus p0-0 FC Bayern

2012/13: Man City 4-2 Zenit

2013/14: Fiorentina 3-2 AET Lazio

2014/15: Benfica 2-1 Aston Villa

2015/16: Fiorentina 1-0 Man Utd

2016/17: Arsenal 3-0 St Etienne

2017/18: Arsenal 2-1 Villareal

2018/19: Atalanta 2-0 Real Madrid

Euro Super Cup:

2009/10: Barcelona 2-0 Shaktar

2010/11: Werder Bremen 2-0 Chelsea

2011/12: Real Madrid 1-0 Chelsea

2012/13: Real Madrid 4-3 AET Juventus

2013/14: Man City 3-1 Barcelona

2014/15: Real Madrid 3-1 Fiorentina

2015/16: Real Madrid 2-0 Benfica

2016/17: Fiorentina p2-2 Real Madrid

2017/18: Arsenal 4-1 Sevilla

2018/19: Inter 2-0 Arsenal

FA Cup:

2009/10: Man Utd 3-1 AET Chelsea

2010/11: Tottenham p3-3 Man City

2011/12: Man City 3-1 Burnley

2012/13: Tottenham 2-0 Ipswich

2013/14: Man City 4-2 Burnley

2014/15: Aston Villa 2-1 Man City

2015/16: Chelsea 1-0 AET Tottenham

2016/17: Aston Villa 3-2 Everton

2017/18: Burnley p1-1 Arsenal

2018/19: Everton 3-2 AET Arsenal

League Cup:

2009/10: Wolves p0-0 Aston Villa

2010/11: Chelsea 1-0 Man Utd

2011/12: Arsenal 2-1 Wolves

2012/13: Man City 4-1 Blackburn

2013/14: Man City 2-0 Chelsea

2014/15: Liverpool p0-0 Arsenal

2015/16: Everton 3-2 AET Man City

2016/17: Man City 2-1 Liverpool

2017/18: Tottenham 2-1 Liverpool

2018/19: Burnley 1-0 Huddersfield

Community Shield:

2009/10: Chelsea p1-1 Man Utd

2010/11: Chelsea 1-0 Man Utd

2011/12: Man City 4-0 Tottenham

2012/13: Man City 3-1 Tottenham

2013/14: Tottenham 1-0 Man City

2014/15: Tottenham 2-1 Man City

2015/16: Man City 3-2 Aston Villa

2016/17: Arsenal 3-0 Chelsea

2017/18: Tottenham 3-2 Aston Villa

2018/19: Burnley 2-0 Man City

Johnstone's Paint Trophy:

2009/10: Huddersfield 1-0 Charlton

2010/11: Millwall 5-2 Hartlepool

2011/12: Charlton 3-0 Oldham

2012/13: Hartlepool 2-0 Millwall

2013/14: Millwall 3-1 Tranmere

2014/15: Chesterfield 1-0 Southampton

2015/16: Torquay 1-0 Peterborough

2016/17: Cardiff 1-0 Barnsley

2017/18: Bristol Rovers 3-1 Notts County

2018/19: Brighton 1-0 Notts County

FA Trophy:

2009/10: Luton 2-0 AET Oxford

2010/11: Forest Green 1-0 Wrexham

2011/12: Chester 2-1 Gateshead

2012/13: Droylsden p1-1 Forest Green

2013/14: Gateshead 2-1 Crawley

2014/15: Dag & Red 2-1 Crawley

2015/16: Cambridge 2-1 AET Tamworth

2016/17: Heather St Johns 3-1 Nuneaton

2017/18: Chester 1-0 Carshalton

2018/19: Darlington p1-1 Yeovil

Feel free to ask about a particular team and i'll try and give you a bit of information on how they've been doing.

Bobatwal:

Dudley Sports:

2018/19: Another season of mid table obscurity. However they actually managed to win a cup this season. Defeating Bewdley 2-0 in the Worcestershire Senior Urn Final.

West Brom

2018/19: Finished rock bottom in the premiership, 10 points adrift of safety at the end of it. Managed to get to the FA Cup Quarter Finals where they were soundly beaten 4-0 by Aston Villa.

Nobby:

Stoke:

2018/19: Slipped further away from the playoffs, languishing in 10th place. Nothing to report in cups

Billericay:

2018/19: Shot back up the table after years of disappointment. They managed to finish 4th and a chance at promotion via the playoffs. But they got beaten 3-1 by Great Wakering in the Playoff semis. Got to the Essex Senior Cup Quarter Final where they lost 2-0 to Southend's Reserves

acidmonkey:

Sunderland:

2018/19: Midtable again, 10th place finish. Got to the FA Cup semi finals but lost 1-0 to Arsenal.

Crook:

2018/19: Really struggling in the league, 19th place this time. Lost to Tow Law 2-1 in the Ernest Armstrong Memorial Cup Quarter Final

JayR2003:

Newcastle:

2018/19: Managed to sneak 7th place on the final day, however I'm not sure if they will make Europe due to winners in the FA and League Cups. However their Europe campaign this season was a huge success. They managed to get to the Euro Cup semis losing to eventual winners Atalanta on away goals. They didn't really have to play any major teams however they managed to beat Germinal Beerschot 5-0 in the Group Stages.

USA:

2018/19: World Cup: lost to Uruguay in the opening group game, but turned it around in the 2nd game by beating Spain 1-0. they then beat Russia 3-2 in the final group game to make sure they reached the knockout stages. However they then went out in the 2nd round losing to Holland

football master 94:

Serbia:

2018/19: Currently in 2nd place in the Euro Championship Qualifying group behind Germany. In the way of friendlies they had a real thriller against Holland losing 5-3

Thanks everyone for your comments

Letissierandhenryaregreat:

Malta:

Ranked 111th in the world

World Cup Qualifying 2008: Drew just 1 match out of 10, losing the other 9.

European Championship Qualifying 2010: Finished last with 1 win in 10 matches. That came against Switzerland

World Cup Qualifying 2012: Again drew just 1 losing the other 9 finishing bottom

European Championship Qualifying 2014: Finished 2nd from bottom winning 2 of the 10 matches. The wins came against San Marino and Georgia

World Cup Qualifying 2016: Won 2 out of the 10 matches but still finished bottom. They beat Norway and Liechenstein.

European Championship Qualifying 2018: Currently bottom losing all 4 matches so far

San Marino:

Ranked 204th in the world

World Cup Qualifying 2008: Drew 1 lost 9 finishing bottom.

European Championship Qualifying 2010: Drew 3 and lost 7 of the 10 and finished 2nd last ahead of Kazakstan

World Cup Qualifying 2012: Won 1 drew 3 lost 6. By far their best qualifying campaign to date. They beat Cyprus

European Championship Qualifying 2014: Won 1 of the 10, beating Malta

World Cup Qualifying 2016: Drew 1 lost 9 again finishing bottom.

European Chamionship Qualifying 2018: Have lost the first 4 of the qualifying campaign

Andorra:

Ranked 139th in the world

World Cup Qualifying 2008: Won 1 of the 10 matches. Beating Kazakstan

European Championship Qualifying 2010: Won 1 of the 10 matches, finishing bottom. They beat Lithuinia

World Cup Qualifying 2012: Drew 2 lost 8 finishing bottom

European Championship Qualifying 2014: Drew 2 and lost 8 finishing bottom again.

World Cup Qualifying 2016: Won 1 drew 1 lost 8. They beat Hungary but still came bottom

European Chamionship Qualifying 2018: Have drawn 1 and lost 2 so far

Can you be more specific about the Carribean Nations?

ww-fc-4-life:

Stourbridge:

2009/10: Finsihed 22nd in the Southern Premier Division meaning they got relegated

2010/11: Finished 16th in the Southern Division 1.

2011/12: Finished 14th, slightly better than last season

2012/13: Finished in 19th meaning they went into the relegation playoff. They lost the relegation playoff 2-1 in extra time to Woodley Sports.

2013/14: Finished 6th in the Midland Football Alliance, quite a way off the promotion place

2014/15: Finished 13th lloks like they are slowly freefalling down the leagues. Lost in the Midalnd Football Alliance Cup final on penalties against Heath Hayes.

2015/16: A much improved season finishing 5th but still some way off getting promoted. Won the Midland Football Alliance Cup on penalties against Tividale. Also won the Worcestershire Senior Cup in extra time against Worcester.

2016/17: A disappointing season, finishing 14th. Lost in the semi finals of the Worcestershire Senior Cup 1-0 to Evesham

2017/18: Another 5th place finish.

2018/19: Finished 7th, and are fast becoming a regular in the Midland Football Alliance. Reached the semi finals of the Midland Football Alliance Cup getting knocked out on penalties by Loughborough D. Also reached the semi final of the Worcestershire Senior Cup but lost 3-0 to Kidderminster

Wolves:

2009/10: Survived in 17th place. Won the league cup on penalties against Aston Villa

2010/11: A much improved season finishing 11th. Lost in the league cup semi finals to Chelsea 5-0 on aggregate. Manged to get through the Euro Cup qualifiers comfortably. But just missed out on the knockout stages after finishing 3rd in their goup.

2011/12: All the good work of last season was undone finishing 16th. Lost in the league cup final 2-1 to Arsenal. Lost in the FA Cup Quarter finals on penalties to liverpool after 2-2 draw in the replay

2012/13: Another 17th place finish surviving by just a point

2013/14: 17th again surviving by the skin of their teeth. Lost in the FA Cup Quarter Finals to Sunderland on penalties

2014/15: Shot up to midtable with their highest finish in my fm game.

2015/16: 11th place this time, becoming a midtable team

2016/17: Another mid table finish, 13th place this time.

2017/18: So close to europe but yet so far, they finished 8th. Lost to Liverpool in the league cup Quarter final 2-1

2018/19: Back down to 16th, getting very close to relegation again

200+ club appearances

Andy Jones (MC,L,R)         370 (450)           23 (31)            6.83 (6.85)
        (2009-Present)

Matthew Hughes (DC,R)       285 (359)           19 (23)            6.98 (7.00)
        (2009-Present) 

Tom McCoy (DC,L)            274 (351)           11 (14)            6.98 (7.03)  
        (2009-2019)

Danny Thompson (ML,ST)      213 (266)           28 (43)            6.58 (6.66)
        (2009-2016)

Glenn Stamp (DC)            288 (350)           11 (12)            6.98 (6.97)
        (2011-Present)

Chris Turner (GK)           244 (294)           0 (0)              6.83 (6.83)
        (2013-Present)

Jamie Wood (DL)             238 (285)           3 (3)              7.04 (7.03)
        (2012-Present) 

Michael Coleman (MC)        234 (279)          19 (19)             6.85 (6.84)
        (2011- Present)

David Watson (MR, ST)       207 (259)          59 (66)             6.81 (6.80)
        (2013-Present)

--------Season-------Games Played--------Won--------Drawn---------Lost--------For--------Against--------GD--------Win%-------------
      2009/10            49              26         12            11       60 (1.22)    28 (0.57)      +32        53%
      2010/11            56              22         19            15       67 (1.20)    54 (0.96)      +13        39%
      2011/12            54              20         20            14       59 (1.09)    42 (0.78)      +17        37%
      2012/13            50              26         15            9        67 (1.34)    33 (0.66)      +34        52%
      2013/14            54              20         19            15       75 (1.39)    60 (1.11)      +15        37%
      2014/15            49              19         15            15       54 (1.10)    46 (0.94)      +8         39%
      2015/16            53              18         20            15       58 (1.09)    50 (0.94)      +8         34%
      2016/17            57              33         14            10       88 (1.54)    44 (0.77)      +42        57%
      2017/18            52              23         13            16       65 (1.25)    51 (0.98)      +14        44%
      2018/19            49              16         19            14       59 (1.20)    52 (1.06)      +7         33%
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Total              523             223        166           134      652 (1.25)   460 (0.88)     +192       43%

I've been lurking here since the start and think it's about time I commented - this really is excellent progress, and the layout makes it an enjoyable read. Do you think any of your players will ever reach the magical 1000 appearance mark, or is it too early to find someone who won't be outstripped by the club?

Also, if it's not too much hassle could you let me know how Grimsby Town and Grimsby Borough are getting on? Thanks in advance and KUTGW, here's hoping you can bounce back from last season :)

I've been lurking here since the start and think it's about time I commented - this really is excellent progress, and the layout makes it an enjoyable read. Do you think any of your players will ever reach the magical 1000 appearance mark, or is it too early to find someone who won't be outstripped by the club?

Also, if it's not too much hassle could you let me know how Grimsby Town and Grimsby Borough are getting on? Thanks in advance and KUTGW, here's hoping you can bounce back from last season :)

Thanks for the comments, at the moment if the club keeps going forward then none of the players will reach 1000 appearances. The top 2 Matthew Hughes and Andy Jones are really struggling at this level already. I have a bit of hope that Jamie Wood, Iain Burgin, Chris Turner and Russ Stone will get close but only time will tell if they get to 1000. Those 4 I are probably BSS/BSN standard (league above me).

Grimsby Town:

2009/10: Narrowly avoided the drop by getting a few wins in the last few league games. Finished 18th.

2010/11: Much better league campaign, finished solidly midtable (11th).

2011/12: Continued their climb up the table finishing 5th. This meant they reached the playoffs where they beat Bradford 3-1 at home in the semis 1st leg. Then beat them again away 2-1 in the 2nd leg to set up a final against Luton. Unfortunately Luton were all over them in the final and won it comfortably 2-0, meaning Grimsby would spend another season in league 2.

2012/13: Made the playoffs again finishing 6th this time. They got Swindon in the semis, they lost the 1st leg 2-0 and couldn't recover fully in the 2nd leg winning it 2-1 but losing 3-2 on aggregate.

2013/14: Determined not to falter in the playoffs for a 3rd season running. They managed to get automatic promotion this time around, not only that but they won the whole league. Storming it with 91 points 5 clear of 2nd and a massive 13 clear of the 1st playoff place.

2014/15: Went down on the last day, they needed to win to have any chance of surviving but they lost meaning they got relegated by 2 points.

2015/16: Were in complete free fall after last seasons relegation, almost got relegated again finishing 21st.

2016/17: Not much better, finished 18th.

2017/18: Slowly pushing up the league, finished 16th.

2018/19: Finished 17th but the team managed collect the most points since they got promoted in 2013/14

Incredibly poor in all cups even the JPT, rarely managed to get past the first 2 rounds they were enetered in. Not one quarter final appearance in any cup.

Grimsby Borough:

2009/10: Finished 5th in the Northern Counties East Division 1, just 3 points off 2nd place (the playoff place) and 4 points off 1st place.

2010/11: A very impressive season they romped the league, winning it by 15 points. They accrued 73 points, the 2nd most amount of points gained in the Northern Counties East Division 1 in the save. Managed to get to the semis of the Lincolnshire Senior Trophy, losing out to Nettleham.

2011/12: An impressive season in the Northern Counties east Premier, finishing in mid tabel, 11th place.

2012/13: Definately suffered from second season syndrome, surviving relegation by just 3 points and 1 place. Got to the semis of the Lincolnshire Senior Trophy again but lost to Blackstones 4-1

2013/14: Best finish yet getting into the top half with a 9th place.

2014/15: Were real title contenders throughout the season but fell short and ended up missing out on the playoff spot as well, finishing 3rd, 2points off the playoff place and 5 off the title. Lost in the NCE League Cup final on penalties to Parkgate. Also lost 3-1 to Boston Town in the Lincolnshire Senior Trophy final, not their season.

2015/16: Went 1 better this season, getting into the playoff spot by goal difference (+20 to +16). Were only 2 points off 1st as well. They beat Christchurch in the promotion/relegation playoff 2-0 to secure their 2nd promotion in 6 seasons.

2016/17: Managed to survive by 6 points in the Northern Premier League 1st Division North (lvl 8).

2017/18: Finsihed 22nd getting relegated although they were only 7 off safety and didn't deserve to come last. Finally managed to win the Lincolnshire Senior Trophy beating Barton Town 1-0.

2018/19: Dropped to mid table, were no where near challenging for promotion straight back to lvl8. They just love losing in finals this time getting beaten by Appleby Frodingham (great name :D) 2-1 in the Lincolnshire Senior Trophy.

Overal Best Eleven

Preseason

Predicted to finish 2nd from bottom and have been given promotion odds of 40-1. I don't know how its so different from last season when we have pretty much the same squad. The board gave me options down to "attempt to avoid relegation" (forgot to take a screenshot this time sorry) but they gave me wage budget of 2k and transfer budget of 18k. Again no decent youth players I really need to have the facilities improved but the board won't allow due to lack of funds despite us having almost 200k in the bank.

Tom McCoy (DC,L)            274 (351)           11 (14)            6.98 (7.03)  
        (2009-2019)

Josh Norton (DC)            150 (198)            6 (7)             6.87 (6.89)
        (2010-2019)

John Kenworthy (ST)         194 (239)           62 (77)            6.77 (6.72)
        (2011-2019)

Wage Budget: £2,086 (£1,970)

Wage Bill: £908 (£929)

Transfer Budget: £18,690 (£18,017)

Ticket price: £11.00(+£0.00)

Season Ticket Holders: 90 (-1)

Friendlies

Desborough 1-2 Dosthill Colts

Gedling 1-1 Dosthill Colts

Arlesey 0-1 Dosthill Colts

Sittingborough 0-0 Dosthill Colts

Dosthill Colts 3-1 GH Academy

Liversedge 1-0 Dosthill Colts

Dosthill Colts 0-2 Burton Albion

One of our best preseasons. W3, D2, L2. and no major injuries

Sure its the Lancs Senior Trophy? Those teams arent from Lancs. :(

Lincolnshire' date=' all of 'em :confused: Thanks for the swift reply [b']hrbfcrule[/b], good to see the two teams making some progress, even if it does appear to be only temporary :rolleyes: Good luck for the season ahead!

Ha ha, awesome... Rochdale and Walsall in the Premier League next season.

Heather St Johns reaching League One as well.

Shame Stoke are slowly sinking. :(

Yer sorry about Stoke.

If anyone was wondering, Atherton Collieries just missed out on the league 2 playoff places on goal difference last season. Not bad for their debut season in the football league

August 2019

League: Dosthill Colts 1-1 Maidenhead

An average start to the league, we played well in the 1st half creating a fair few chances but couldn't find the net. Then in the 60th min disaster struck, their 1st shot of the game had gone in! Chris Turner flapped at a corner and their striker had an easy task of slotting home. However their lead lasted just 32 seconds, David Watson started the play with the kick off and finished the play with a great shot into the bottom corner.

League: Dosthill Colts 2-1 Gloucester

Again we played very well, it looks like our home form will be key this season. The thing that really kicked us into life this match was conceding after just 3 mins. David Watson equalised after 19 mins. Then in the 89th min our domination payed off we finally managed to get that elusive second goal, Mick Cotterill scoring it.

League: Dartmouth 3-1 Dosthill Colts

Things were going well until the half hour mark, Phil Benson had even put us 1-0 up. But they had come back hard and scored 2 before half time and a 3rd late on in the 2nd half to make the scoreline slightly harsh to us.

League: Worthing 1-0 Dosthill Colts

A very disappointing performance where we didn't manage a single shot in the whole match :o. In truth they could have had 3 or 4 goals but decided to keep the scoreline respectable for our benefit.

League Table

Player of the Month - Iain Burgin - the best of a bad bunch this month, with an average rating of just 6.84 over the 4 matches. Really isn't good enough.

Any suggestions on improving my updates are welcome.

For example:

Which do you prefer? Which one is easier to read?

League: Gloucester (H) 2-1

or

League: Dosthill Colts 2-1 Gloucester

I will still do a small description of the match for either one

Archived