super keeper poll

How well do opposition keepers perform regularly?  

283 members have voted

1. 1. How well do opposition keepers perform regularly?

• Unbelievably well, often man of the match- needs to be changed
    • As they should do according to ability- no problems here
    • Constantly underachieving, make too many mistakes

It happens almost every single time I have a striker break away or one of my players hits a beautiful free kick. In fact, I just had a very nice freekick denied.

It's okay if it happens, but seriously, my strikers rarely score one-on-one and freekicks are nearly impossible to get in.

I saw the first 10 match rating i've ever out of fm 09 and fm 10, when my liverpool side played man utd. They had 3 CCC and scored three i had 11 CCC and scored 3. Foster stopped nearly everything i threw at him and i only drew even though man utd's defence couldn't cope with my attack.

There is a bit of a problem but i have faith in 10.3 and i'll make my judgement then.

The problem is not the keeper

The problem is with the ****** players shooting one on ones straight at the keeper ..

The problem is neither.

The problem is the excess of CCC being created. The saves the keepers make, and the players' finishing is designed to balance out the ME, and stop every game finishing, for example, 8-7.

Stop talking about collecting data. If you ask twenty people in the street the orbital velocity of the moon, you will not get a meaningful result. This is similar.

You want actual data? Count the number of one on ones in a season, scored and missed, then do the same for real life.

But as the problem has been acknowledged by SI, I don't see what you're getting at.

I'm currently playing as Lazio right now and have noticed something strange:

I usually play Mauro Zarate (Poacher/att) and Tommaso Rocchi (target man/supp) up front. When one-on-one, Zarate hardly ever scores. Rocchi, though, has seemed to be able to break through and score sometimes in one-on-ones (still less than he should, though). Some may say it's due to stats and I would agree, however, I have Vaclav Kadlec in my team and I have subbed him in sometimes and now Zarate is currently injured, so Kadlec gets more starts. Kadlec, unlike Zarate, has been able to score some in one-on-ones, while Zarate, a MUCH better player, is inept in this regard.

What the hell??:confused:

i think keepers are too good on fm 10.2, i think too many clear one on one chances are missed, but a lot of the team it is down to strikers hitting it straight at the keeper, and these are strikers like zlatan and villa as well as danny north and adam proudlock. i have to say though it is the same for all the keepers i have had so i dont believe it is just oppo keepers.

Archived