El Ricardo's FIFA World Football League (v2.0)

El_Ricardo

Now then, chaps!

Carrying on from the previous incarnation...

It's been a long time coming, but I've finally finished off what I find to be the acceptable 'finished' work for version 2.0. I say finished in inverted commas because there is a still a lot I want to do with regards to team detail in the lower divisions and home grown player fixture rules. This would take me until about March to complete however, and I wanted to give you a decent update in the mean time.

So what's changed since the last version?

• NEW TEAMS AND NATIONS! Teams from Bhutan, French Guiana, Northern Mariana Islands, St Martin, Zanzibar, Reunion, Mayotte, Tuvalu and US Virgin Islands added. These countries were missed out from the first version. AZ Alkmaar have also been added as a fifth representative for Holland.
  • LEAGUE RESTRUCTURE! With ten new teams entering the pyramid, I restructured the leagues a bit. Basically, the Gold, Silver and Bronze leagues all have 16 teams within them. Every other league is now containing 22 teams. This conveniently also allows 64 teams to enter the Diamond League group stage.
  • REAL JAPANESE PLAYERS! I started this version from the base of the Japanese DB made by Japanese Fans. Consequently, the Japanese clubs in the league pyramid all have their real players!
  • COMPLETE RESERVE AND YOUTH TEAM OVERHAUL! This was the most painstaking part of the editing process - but worth it in the end. I wanted to incorporate the B teams from Spain and Mexico etc. in to an incorporated reserve and youth system within the FIFA format. Completion of this has also allowed me to make every club set as its original nation, without losing ability to field second or third teams in a super league. These leagues are the 'FIFA World U21 Development League' and 'FIFA World U18 Development League'. The U21 leagues act both as both an U21 and reserve team competition. While primarily for U21 players, spaces are allocated within the league rules for fringe players who you wish to play within the team. The U18 leagues are strictly for U18s only, however. Although these leagues have been worked in to the pyramid, there it no promotion or relegation from either - so they act as standalone leagues.
  • FIXED MISSING B TEAM PLAYERS! One of the biggest disappointments from the previous version was the inadvertent deletion of many players from the B teams of various clubs. This has been rectified! The home grown rule has also been got rid of. Instead, you'll require at least eight U23 players in your squad of 30 players each season.
  • NO MORE FIXTURE CLASHES! I've reset the cup rounds - so far I haven't had any problems. Hopefully your star players won't be away on international duty when you have an important cup tie!
  • GRAPHICS! With thanks to kremmen, with this zip file you will have the option of using competition logos for the leagues, background logos and a 'FIFA flag' to replace the default Wallis & Futuna abomination.
  • NEW VERSION - TWO CHOICES! In this pack, you'll have the choice of either the 'All Clubs FIFA' version, or the 'All Clubs Respective Nation'. Each have their pros and cons - more detail is within the readme included.

So there you have it - download and enjoy! The latest league composition is below. As always, please let me know of any problems you may be facing with the database.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO LOAD THE DEFAULT DATABASE WHEN STARTING A NEW GAME! I'm unsure of what effect the latest update given with the patch might do to a data edit started from the default, so it's best not to risk it!

Well done mate :)

Re the previous thread and PM's - i dont mind tinkering around with the finance and sending you my feedback.

However, i dont want to take away anything from all the hard work you have put in - great job.

Downloading now.........

Everytime i try and load up a new game i am getting a crash dump error.

This didnt happen with previous versions - anyone got any ideas about how to fix it ??

Edit - its only one of the two files that creates this error - the one where each team retains its nationality ??

I'm having a problem with a majority of players in the lower leagues (Bronze League and below) either being completely missing, or being the greyed out players. I followed the steps you suggested in the read me file, loading all major teams from nations/divisons, but to no success. Also noticed that some players are ineligible to player for their teams.

The database for the non fifa file seams to be corrupt in some way - i cant even open it up within the editor.

I have a feeling I know why. Luckily I have a backup.

I'll release it tomorrow. I have a new computer to put together in the meantime!

NEW VERSION - TWO CHOICES! In this pack, you'll have the choice of either the 'All Clubs FIFA' version, or the 'All Clubs Respective Nation'. Each have their pros and cons - more detail is within the readme included.

Could u detail in a post what the pros an cons for each are mate?

I'm having a problem with a majority of players in the lower leagues (Bronze League and below) either being completely missing, or being the greyed out players. I followed the steps you suggested in the read me file, loading all major teams from nations/divisons, but to no success. Also noticed that some players are ineligible to player for their teams.

I'm in the process of making a player retain file for all of the clubs in the league structure.

If players are ineligable, it just means they haven't been registered to play for that team yet. There's a squad limit of 30 players at every club - eight of which must be U23.

El ricardo

i am playing a network game with my brother on the 14th October (Game time)

There is a problem with fixtures. ( Clash with International qualifications games)

i only have 3 players from my squad available to my the rest are all grey out players

ok, so i used the respective nation one and only got wales and singapore as my avalible nations to select. i dnt get how this has happend

Simple really. The team from Wales is Cardiff City, taken from the English league system. Therefore, the whole of the Welsh league remains playable since no teams have been taken out of it. The same for SAFFC for Singapore - I assume the league must still be able to function with one less team.

El Ricardo,

This is my first time using your FIFA World League. I've followed as per readme to install, but at the end of the day, it only appear Wales and Singapore as playable nation. The image as belows :

Screnshot1.jpg

I don't know what to do next. Do i have to tick wales or singapore nation and proceed? Sorry. i'm just newbie on this. Thanks in advance.

Simple really. The team from Wales is Cardiff City, taken from the English league system. Therefore, the whole of the Welsh league remains playable since no teams have been taken out of it. The same for SAFFC for Singapore - I assume the league must still be able to function with one less team.

ok so i cant be an english team?

In the version i downloaded , there is two missing teams from the u21 develpment league, CAF south and central. I am using version 10.0 , I'm downloading the updates now and see if that is the issue. For those of us that can only see wales and singapore leagues

Hmm I get a crash on June 30th/July1st 2010 everytime. Do you reckon it's because I changed it so its a top 4 playoff for the title? I also extended the season by 2 weeks to allow for this? Those are the only changes I've made though.

That's the date when the game makes a transition between one season and the next. If your playoff games are after this date, it will crash. You can change this in the editor - where it indicates 'date of season update', or some such.

well i dont have the world league showing up only the wales and singaporeleagues. whats up with that?

When loading up a new game where it asks you for the database, click where is says change when referring to data editor changes then when you click next you can activate the world league.

Hope that makes sense

When loading up a new game where it asks you for the database, click where is says change when referring to data editor changes then when you click next you can activate the world league.

Hope that makes sense

thanks mate, but ill say it again...i only have the WALES and SINGAPORE leagues. i have selected the database and changes hence the ability to select a league.

The 'FIFA' nation has replaced Wallis & Fortuna. I have a feeling you're only looking at leagues in europe, on the left hand side there should be a drop down box, select 'all nations' or 'all Contienents' or something, then you should see the league ;)

EDIT: scratch that, i see you've already done that, apologies

Any advice on how i can solve the following problem...

I substituted aberdeen for hearts in your league, played a full season with no issues then at end of season 30th june 1st of july time i then got crash dump, i assume its something i did wrong with removing hearts and adding aberdeen but not sure what

Any chance you could provide a walk through on how to add and remove teams? cheers, love the league by the way

Having seen this and wanting to do one for years I decided to have a go. Started from scratch but employed a very similar template to yours. All was well until adding the final tier. Now at the season update day i get a crash dump. Have tried everything stop this happening...removed cups, removed leagues, check ed all dates etc...but to no avail. Any ideas or would you be willing to take a look? Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Just finished my first season and would like to give some comments.

I played with Corinthians, from Brazil, which starts in the Bronze League (3rd division). The fun is outstanding! The FIFA Cup is sensational, I got until the quarter finals when I was beaten by Man Utd.

Finally I got promotion to the Silver League after facing the playoffs and beating Hamburg by 1 goal scored.

Some thoughts that maybe could be worked especially when playing SOuth American teams:

- you could tweak the reputation, as even I play in a world league, the European players don´t want to come and play for me... even African players refuse to play in Corinthians. At the bottom line, it´s the same as if I played the Brazilian league in regular FM. So, if it´s a world league, maybe the players should want to play anywhere depending on division, not only on team country.

- as the Brazilian league goes from jan to dec, i have two "season ends" in this patch. When the year end, all my player and team stats are zeroed and start again from January. This messes things when viewing my player stats, and the league stats on the league page.

- also because of this problem, I can only sign players based on the Brazilian transfer window. So it´s a huge disadvantage as my big window is in December, not July.

well, I think that´s all! And I wish to congratulate because it´s really funny to play it!

Archived