FM10 - Oops! We're going the wrong way!

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The seasons end is near.

Arsenal appointed Wenger and brought in a few staff. The couldn't do anything with the league though and with a score of 21-162 and 0 points, they go down with a bang :)

I will, when the season breaks, take over and start my reign of chaos again :)

I let the awful ass man take care of press conferences. He even manage to storm out of a couple of them. Regarding the team talk, I tend to expect a win, then at half time, say I'm thrilled and then after the match say I'm elated.

I've found giving new contracts with massive wages to existing youth (of course with a sign on bonus), a pretty good way to increase wages :D

Remember to set team role to the highest. That allows you to set the wage pretty high.

Setting high wages was no problem while I was still in the EPL. I signed half the Truro squad as key players on 5 year contracts - starting at 78K, w/ 25% annual increase. They're all earning around 120K now in L1, and for some reason no one ever bids for them.

But now that I'm in L1, the board will only let me offer key players wages of 8K. It will be hard to bankrupt the board at that rate (even though I've got 50 players on my squad. Once those Truro players disappear in a couple more seasons, I'm doomed!:eek:

I've tried all types of team talks. I'm just role playing this time - I just imagine yelling at players all the time. After every match I pick out 4 players at random to fine 2 weeks wages for poor performance. I'm hoping if morale sinks low enough, they won't be able to salvage the season after I'm canned.

Q: If I fire all my coaches, scouts, and ass man, then go on vacation, who is running the team?;)

Chelsea are just too good. With this damn transfer ban i couldn't sign absolute clowns, So along with John Terry (who's career i'm trying to ruin) somehow Shola Ameobi, Joey Barton and Geremi can play well for Chelsea and win games. I had to make do with Chelsea reserves and there doing well too :@ and they just restructured their debt :(

Oh wait. i just got sacked (down in 15th) with no money to spend i hope we go down.

Well I only lasted 10 games in Championship. I tried my best to bring the balance down and I think I did pretty good. The wages are in -8 mill (dkk).

League table when sacked

Transfers

Fixtures

One again I sacked all staff, sold the remaining original Arsenal players, cancelled friendlies and re-signed existing players on new contracts with the highest wages atc. Once again I bought Corby players.

I will now holiday to the next season.

Anyone managing Chelsea manage to get rid of John Terry?

Also whats the highest wage you've got to given someone. I signed Joey Barton and Ameobi in my first season. and now at the start of my 4th season (with pay rises) they are both on £400k a week. :D

Its that time of year again. :)

I lasted an amazing 20 league matches before getting sacked. During that time I managed to re-negotiate all players to maximum wages and 3-4 years contracts, spinning the finances into a deep deep hole.

Arsenal went into administration and also a transfer embargo a long side a lot of loans to cover debts.

I also did the usual in firing all staff, cancelling training and friendlies.

League table when sacked

Transfers

Fixtures

I will now holiday to the next season.

edit:

League table at the end of Season

David Platt was appointed but could do nothing to prevent them in being relegated to CCL2.

a quick session of offering players out at their value has earned my Liverpool team £86m and jettisoned Mascherano, Gerrard and many more, and I've gone on to buy virtually the full AFC Telford first team on massive contracts (I'm £750k/week over budget) with £40m one-league-appearance clauses just waiting to kick in. This is gonna be interesting.

(I'm still playing FM09, btw, but this was too potentially interesting / funny to not give it a go.)

my Liverpool's crisis has become significantly less dramatic since they had a quick takeover, but the wage bill is still set to kill them - £1.2m/week over budget, almost entirely on complete rubbish. After doing a quick cycle through my squad I've been sticking with a fairly standard 4-4-2 featuring my team of ex-Telford players. I am amused that the week after my 14-0 loss to Newcastle I managed a 2-2 draw with Stoke. Haha. Torres is on his way to Barca in January (his value plummeted to £11.5m, so there was obviously a lot of interest when I offered him out), sadly I imagine I'll be out the door before he is. :'(

what does interest me now is the fate of Telford - they're now the fourth richest club in the country after I gave them £450m just for larfs, but because they haven't really replaced any of the players I bought they're languishing in the Blue Square North relegation zone. Hopefully someone will notice the massive potential and I'll oddly have my own miniature Bandits to follow...

Tottenham Hotspur – Coca-Cola Championship - 2013/2014 (Season 5)- GreyedOutMan

Keane Five was in a job until January 4th. The administrators had already been called in once more by then and ten points had been deducted..

League Table

Transfers

Squad Stats

Dave Jones took over, but managed just one win, as the squad was so poor and the transfer embargo lasted until March. By the end of the season, this was the table. This was the squad after his reign. It tells its own story really.

Summary:

Wow! Cant believe we managed to get a 2nd relegation in only season 5. Quite amazing. I think the squad is sufficiently poor that I might manage a 3rd one in a couple of years, too. The fact that the real manager did significantly worse than me after taking over shows that the squad is simply terrible. Hurray!

Story So Far:

Season   League          Position    Position when Sacked    Date Sacked
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10  Premier League    10th             16th             9th February
2010/11  Premier League    20th             20th             15th January
2011/12  Championship      13th             23rd             15th October
2012/13  Championship      17th             24th             19th January
2013/14  Championship      24th             24th             4th January

Not liking the large number of Arsenal entries into this challenge :(

Still, hopefully Spuds will beat them to oblivion!!

Manchester United – Premiership - 2009/2010 (Season 1)- Lenzar

I lasted until the 21st of November. The table was as follows here. When I was sacked, they appointed Luis Aragones, who made the most of my mistake of not spending the whole transfer budget and signed some half decent players. At least the wage budget was in enough of a mess that we'd lose some of our better players on a bosman in the summer. Going into admin in April didn't help matters, as Foster and ROONEY were released. That'll seriously mess up the attacking power. :)

Summary:

Transfers

League Table

Not too bad then, no European Football will annoy the stars.

Story So Far:

2009/10  Premier League          11th              17th             11th November

Finally sacked as manager on 28th December. Losing every single game in charge, completely out of Europe, out of the League Cup, didn't quite survive long enough to ensure an exit from the FA Cup, and bottom of the league on -9 points. The club's debts were being restructured pretty much every month as well, consistently around £15 million in the red.

Did this with Portsmouth, signed a load of non-league players, put them on 5 year contracts and the top wages possible. I got sacked in October, they had about 11 first team players left who I hadn't sold, and they got a couple of wins together after I left, but then they went into administration and got relegated.

Manchester United – Premiership - 2010/2011 (Season 2)- Lenzar

So, the second season went well...at least, for the other half of Manchester. :) I was sacked on the 24th of October, a rockbottom 20th in the EPL again. The appointed manager was Martin O'Neill, who despite signing a few mediocre free transfers, failed totally to arrest the decline. Relegated easily. :)

Summary:

League Table

Transfers

Story So Far:

2009/10  Premier League          11th              17th             11th November
2010/11  Premier League          20th              20th             24th October

I've decided to give this a go with Chelsea. Tried to sell off all their key players, but I'm stuck with Cech, Terry, Drogba, and Essien, who nobody will buy. Bought a load of League Two players, given contracts to all existing players with wages of at least 200k p/w, and have so far managed to get the bank balance £28m in the red. :D

I somehow won the Community Shield on penalties, which my fans were elated with; the 17-0 defeat to Arsenal a week later soon put an end to their elation. I'll post a proper update once I'm sacked.

Chelsea - Season One - Premier League - 2009/10

Well, I ended up steering Chelsea to 10 league defeats and 3 Champions League group match defeats, before the board finally lost patience on the 25th October.

League Table When Sacked

My Transfers

I'd managed to steer the club into over £100m worth of debt, had removed all training schedules, and bought ridiculous players - I particularly enjoyed making Accrington Stanley the richest club in the lower tiers.

And this evidently took its toll on the players, leaving Juande Ramos incapable of saving Chelsea from relegation. The lack of match fitness meant that most first team players that were available to him got injured quickly - Drogba, Terry, and Cech all missing large chunks of the season - and Chelsea promptly went into administration before 2009 was out.

Final League Table

Indeed, even without the 9 point deduction, Chelsea would still have finished bottom of the league. One down, 4 more tiers to go! I'm optimistic I can at least get rid of Cech and Drogba, hopefully Terry as well, this time.

• 2 weeks later...

Liverpool season 09/10

Right i started this yesterday cos it looked funny. Started as Liverpool and have already done first season so some stuff i cant show. I managed to sell most of the stars apart from Reina, Carragher, Gerrard and Torres. I managed to do the first 10 games before i was sacked with a record of played 10 lost 10, not scoring a single goal :D.

After my departure in came Juande Ramos, but thankfully he couldnt quite do enough to keep Liverpool up and they have gone into the Championship. Also, i plunged the club 75 mil into the red. But no admin :(

Final league table 09/10: http://s804.photobucket.com/albums/yy325/tibbolini/Liverpool/?action=view&current=Season1.jpg

Transfers: http://s804.photobucket.com/albums/yy325/tibbolini/Liverpool/?action=view&current=Season1transfers.jpg

so a successful season, relegation at the first attempt, this season coming in the championship i will look to get rid of the rest of the stars and get consecutive relegations :D

• 4 months later...

My thought, reading this last night and laughing uproariously, was that you could always keep a really loaded squad, and have that squad be your Cup/CL/Euro team, then add to that squad a bunch of trash players for the domestic league. Since each player for the show squad only has to play in the domestic league once, you should be able to have plenty of catastrophic losses, even with one good player esconced in the day's side. Meanwhile, your top-flight squad keeps winning the cups and whatnot, sparing you the wrath of the board.

From what I've seen, the really troublesome spot is when you get relegated to L1. Then, the Board wil tighten up the finances, and they will undoubtedly expect nothing less than total domination of the league, and will sack you the minute it even begins to look like you'll not accomplish that, before you can truly damage the team. Perhaps the key is to bounce back and forth a couple times between relegation and promotion, until they get used to the idea, while winning the FA Cup and League Cup every year. Until they can't afford the big boys for the cups, that is. :D

Give it a try...

I took over man utd and sold nearly everyone. Going to have a team of 20 players. all complete ****..

I've kept Van Der ****, Scholes, Neville, Giggs, Rooney, Foster, Brown.. and signed Heskey and Jari Litmanen on 6 year contracts. aswell as some complete duds.

First season, i sold almost everyone.. Had a disasterous run of results, then got sacked in November... However my successor done just enough to stay in the league, But helped me out by selling Rooney, Ferdinand and pretty much everyone else that was any good.

League Table.

http://yfrog.com/4vleaguetableoj

Transfers:

http://yfrog.com/9ftransferstj

http://yfrog.com/nftransfers2j

Archived