How to use team talks?

Hi, when it comes to team talks in fm10, i employed the same approach that i employed in fm09, but to no avail. I cant get my team motivated against lower league teams and they capitulate against teams that are of equal or higher reputation than mine, but are by no means a better team. How can i sort this? What approach can i take to my team talks? Im A.C. Milan if that helps.

Cheers!

I find them too boring and more of an annoyance. So I just leave them to the assistant, its one part of the game I hate :(

I agree with you. The one thing i dont let the assistant say in half time is "Well done", i just change it to nothing when that happens.

I find team talks very hard to use, as I'm always afraid of saying the wrong thing, and also afraid that the Ass Man also says the wrong thing (what seems to happen very often). So I leave it always at nothing, with the exception of using I have faith and You can make a difference on subs at HT (mainly on strikers). Of course praise at the end if they deserve it! If the results aren't bad their motivation is always at good levels.

i have had some success with the following team talks. this is not all my own work but i cant find the thread and who wrote it.

team talks :

'none' if your favourite

'we can win this' if your not favourite

halftime team talks :

if winning by 2 or more goals : 'none', sometimes 'dont let your performance drop'

if winning by just one goal : 'encourage'

if winning by the difference of 1 goal (3-2, 2-1) : 'for the fans'

These won't necessarily guarantee second half goals but they will make sure that the team is still sharp and not over confident.

if losing by 2 or more goals : 'none' or 'pressure is off'...never choose 'angry' at the team...they will concede even more

if losing by 1 goal : 'we can win this' or 'I want to see more from you'

if losing by difference of 1 goal (3-2, 2-1) : 'for the fans' or 'we can win this'

If drawing : Always 'for the fans' (nothing else has been effective)

Look at ratings too. if someone is playing 8.5 or more say 'have faith'. if 6.5 or less 'disappointed' can work if they have the right mentality

Full time team talks (very important)

Won: 'well done' with ratings 8.0-10 maybe 'excellent' if they score a hattrick. leave the rest as 'none'

sometimes put 'dont get complacent' if your next opponents are crap

If drawing : This depends really...if you are crap team and you just drew with a top team then choose 'elated'

if your a good team but u were underdogs going in the game..then 'sympathize'

if your a great team and favourite then 'disappointed'

if losing by a big margin such as 3 or more goals against a stronger team then i would leave it as 'none'

if losing by a big margin also but against an equal team or weaker then i would choose 'angry' it will get the players to become embarrassed and more focused

if losing by a small margin such as 1-2 goals against any side...its always 'disappointed'.

in the 2nd leg of a tie consider the previous score as a halftime score.

.:: Pre game ::.

Fav: None

u/d: You can win today

.:: Half time ::.

Win by 1: Ecourage

win by 2 or more: Focus, dont let your performance drop

draw: None

lost by 1: You can win today

lost by 2 or more: Dissappointed

.:: Full time ::.

8+: Delighted

6.6 - 7.9: Well done