Deadlydevice's FM10 Goople 4-1-1-3-1

Goople Version 1

For introductions, this tactic is based upon the Arsenal way, but slightly changed as I couldn't get the 4-3-3 working well. This however, is a reliable tactic which leaks goals very rarely, and finds goals out of your front four men.

Heres what it looks like:

goopletactic.jpg

goopleinstructions.jpg

Notes on players:

Goalkeeper: should be able to handle LONG SHOTS, because its pretty much all the opponent will get. I believe (not sure) that aerial ability and positioning are the two most important for that aspect, so look for goalkeepers in those molds. Height, jumping, etc. also help limit those long bombs going over you.

Center Defender Left: Should be left-footed, i've found A LOT more success with a left-footer and a right-footer (in DCL and DCR respectively) rather than anything else. Should be the faster out of the two, doesn't need to be as good in the air as your right central defender.

Center Defender Right: Should be right-footed, and the better header of the ball out of your two central defenders.

DM: Your general anchorman, less of a playermaker (unlike De Rossi, Essien, perhaps) and more of a strong defender.

MC: Your general MC with both attacking and defending capabilities, this is where the molds of De Rossi and Essien may be best used.

AMC: Your 2nd top scorer, gets A LOT of free headers, so be sure to use someone who can put those in. Your general playmaker, think Fabregas, Arshavin, Gerrard, Lampard, etc.

AMLR: Your wingers should be ATTACKING wingers, used to scoring goals (they will score goals) and also in very good shape, because they will run the most.

FC: Any kind of striker works, but I prefer to have good headers of the ball. I've played Carlos Vela up here (midget) and he scores, Eduardo as well, and playing the likes of Edin Dzeko will net you many headed goals. Simply, find the best scorer you can find and stick him up there.

Other Hints of Success:

*Unless you know what your doing, let your Assman do team-talks AND opponent instructions for you. If you know what your doing, by all means take it into your own hands, but don't sabotage your team through bad team-talks that most assistants are more than capable of handling.

*THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS SQUAD HARMONY AND 'TOGETHERNESS'. The worst thing you can do is buy 5-6 players for your starting XI to begin a season. Even a team with Buffon, Fabregas, Aguero, Villa, Torres, Lampard, Ashley Young, Messi, Xavi, etc. etc. WILL DO WORSE IN THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON then the original starting XI's of any team. Basically, limit your starting XI replacements and give them time to adapt and learn about each other. What i would suggest is limiting yourself to 2 new starting players, and only a few other new rotation players per season/transfer window.

*Rest players after most games, the difference between a player starting at 99% and 90% is huge.

*If your like me and choose to let your Assman handle friendlies, make sure this is your 'default' tactic so the Assman uses the same formation, which helps players adjust to their new formation. The difference between using this tactic from the first day vs the first real match is huge.

*When defending a lead, two suggestions: a) be sure to update your opponent instructions to respond to opponent substitutions, as they are almost always offensive subs. b) the first place to look for defensive substiutions are your two wingers, not to replace with defensive players but rather just get fresh legs to shut down the opponents flank attack. also, subbing an MC to a DM/MC helps to 'close up shop'.

Results:

Arsenal

Firstly, the changes I made to the team were: Ochoa (GK) to replace Almunia, Annan (DM) to rotate with Alex Song (they split games about 50/50), and a few rotation players such as Ariaudo (DC) on loan (i had a DC crisis with my first 3 injured), Nainggolan (AMC) who played about 10 games, and Verkhovstev (DC) who was my other emergency DC buy in the crisis.

Overall, I won the premier league after 34 games with a record of 27-5-2, won the League Cup vs Hull, FA Cup vs Chelsea and lost the Champions League Final vs Inter against a great goal, a 35 yard bomb by Motta (the news said Arsenal unlucky to lose =[). Van Persie, Vela, Eduardo, Arshavin and Fabregas were the top scorers to put in a total of 84 goals themselves.

(Note: the last 4 games of the premier league were a Carling Cup squad, and therefore resulted in 2 losses and 2 draws to make the title race look much closer than it was :D)

Arsenal Premier League Table

Arsenal Squad

Arsenal Profile

Millwall

Millwall were my own personal project, and I took them from League 1 to 3 consecutive top 4 finishes by 2015 in FM10. I altered the team every season so theres no point indulging more into it, but feel free to ask if you want to know anything.

Overall, I won League 1 in 1st place, won the playoffs of the Championship in my first season, escaped Relegation my 1st season in the EPL and then had 3 consecutive top 4 finishes. My last season (2015) was my best season, where I got a staggering 95 points but only managed to finish second behind Manchester City's 98. They only lost two games the whole season, both to me in 2-0 and 2-1 games.

I won the Paint Trophy in my first season, and have reached the Semi-finals of the Champions League the last two seasons in 2014 and 2015.

Millwall League 1 Table

Millwall Championship Table

Millwall 2015 Premier League Table

Last Notes:

I will continue to update the tactic, working on tweaks, so if you have any suggestions please let me know. Any questions, please ask, and please share your results (successes AND failures) to help me improve the tactic! GOOD LUCK, AND ENJOY! :D

DOWNLOAD LINK

Deadlydevice's Goople Version 1

http://www.multiupload.com/UMHO19IG0B

That link contains Rapidshare, Megaupload, Hotfile, and several other download sites, but if it doesn't work for you, LET ME KNOW! I can email you the tactic, or suggest another site where I can upload it too. Good luck!

Sounds nice. Do you mostly let your assistant manager to take care of your team talks? Is this tactic for patch 10.2.0?

I'm going to try it out with Juventus. Will let you know how i get a long. :)

Yeah, I just let my assistant do what he does best: team talks, press conferences and opponent instructions. He's just much better at it than me :) And yes, this is for 10.2.0

Thanks, good luck, let us know how it goes!

Edit: I thought I remembered your name from somewhere, looking at your last posts it looks like I was right... you liked my FM08 tactic! :)

INTER - JUVENTUS (A) 0-1 WIN

JUVENTUS - BARI (H) 2-0 WIN

FIORENTINA - JUVENTUS (A) 1-1 DRAW

DINAMO KIEV - JUVENTUS (A) 2-3 WIN

JUVENTUS - UDINESE (H) 2-0 WIN

CHIEVO - JUVENTUS (A) 3-0 WIN

JUVENTUS - LIVORNO (H) 5-1 WIN

JUVENTUS - BARCELONA (H) 1-1 DRAW (diego sent off, could have won)

PALERMO - JUVENTUS (A) 3-3 DRAW

JUVENTUS - BOLOGNA (H) 2-2 DRAW

WOLFBURG - JUVENTUS (A) 0-1 WIN

GENOA - JUVENTUS (A) 0-1 WIN

JUVENTUS - LAZIO (H) 2-2 DRAW

MILAN - JUVENTUS (A) 2-2 DRAW

JUVENTUS - WOLFSBURG (H) 1-0 WIN

JUVENTUS - NAPOLI (H) 2-1 WIN

SIENA - JUVENTUS (A) 0-2 WIN

JUVENTUS - DINAMO KIEV (H) 4-1 WIN

JUVENTUS - PARMA (H) 2-0 WIN

CAGLIARI - JUVENTUS (A) 0-2 WIN

BARCELONA - JUVENTUS (A) 0-2 WIN - amazing!!!

JUVENTUS - CATANIA (H) 1-0 WIN

ATALANTA - JUVENTUS (A) 1-1 DRAW - all though i was one man short the entire match.

SAMDORIA - JUVENTUS (A) 1-1 DRAW

JUVENTUS - SIENA (H) 3-1 WIN

JUVENTUS - ROMA (H) 1-0 WIN

JUVENTUS - INTER (H) 3-1 WIN

BARI - JUVENTUS (A) 1-2 WIN

JUVENTUS - INTER (H) 3-0 - amazing, in the quarterfinal italian cup.

Im undefeated so far. :)

I followed up on your recommendations regarding the substitutes. When first half has passed i do 1-2 substitutes. If i think i should be more aggressive i sub a striker in the striker position and sometimes i even sub in a striker at the omc position, works like a charm.

When i do want to be more defensive though, i took your advice and sub in a DMC to the MC position and maybe sub in a fresh winger on any of the sides. Seems to be working really good. That is something you guys should try.

Still undefeated.

Work again :( Happy new year!

Try it out folks. I will stay and update my above post with more results and with an other test with a smaller team. Going to work right now, laters.

Thanks pilsken, appreciate it a lot.

As for all your draws, do you usually find yourself winning and then losing an unlucky goal in the last 10 minutes, or do you find yourself often coming back from behind to snatch a draw? What I suspect is that your most likely losing a goal in the last 10 minutes or so due to the opponent changing to a higher attacking formation. If this IS the case, what I would do is substitute your two wingers (or at least, the side that has the biggest attacking threat) and your MC to a DM/MC if you have one. This is usually what I do to 'close out' games. Also, be sure that when the opponent substitues (they'll almost always be offensive ones), you go back to your opponent instructions and update them (I let my assman do it, of course).

And to the rest of you, good luck, im certain you'll be happy!

deadlydevices

Do you think Villa and Silva could do well in the ST and AMC slot? Because you are talking about a lot of headers and they are both small.

Yes, they will do well. For the striker, I would prefer a taller striker over a shorter one, but only if they are equal. Villa will get quite a few headers a game, and some he will convert, but he will also get many balls to his feet. Overall, for your striker, simply choose your best striker. For the AMC, he will score many headed goals regardless from free headers. I've had Fabregas play up there and notch in 10 or more headers a season, and he ain't exactly a Peter Crouch.

Honestly, a strikeforce with Villa, Mata, Silva and whoever plays on the right, Valencia are scary with this tactic.

Mixed results, started the season really well except for the Chelsea result of course.

Manchester United v Chelsea (N) 1-1 (4-5 Pens) LOST Rooney

(Dominated possession 65-35 but couldn’t turn it into many chances on goal. Just 4 shots. Chelsea scored on the counter.)

Manchester United v Portsmouth (H) 2-0 WON Rooney, Berbatov

(Possession even 52-48, a lot more chances than Portsmouth, 20 against there 2)

Manchester United v Burnley (A)2-0 WON Ferdinand, Scholes

(Dominated possession 63-37, this tactic is really starting to work, once again 28 attempts compared to their 4, Also Scholes scored an absolute belter !!!!! almost lifted me off my feet lol)

Manchester United v Fulham (H)3 -0 WON Anderson, Rooney, Giggs

(Possession 56-44n, Fulham didn’t have a shot on goal all game until the 91st minute. Never seen anything like that, 23 chances to their 1.)

Manchester United v Bolton (A)1 -0 WON Carrick

(Again Dominating possession, 20 chances comparesd to 1 for Bolton. Was worried that we would never score in this game eventually it took a penalty to decide it)

Manchester United v Liverpool (H)0 -2 LOST

(Edged possession, 54-46. We had slightly more chances than them. Their first goal was a pen and there last on the counter. We didn’t play well, Rooney and Berba both got injured, Carrick in the DMC had a rating of 5.7, 4.8 in the first half. I probably deserved it, was chasing the game with Welbeck upfront. Bad day)

Manchester United v Wolfsburg (A)0 -1 LOST

(Edged possession and attempts on goal. 56-44 and 13 shots to 4. Own Goal by Rio, Evra Sent off. )

Manchester United v Birmingham (A)1-0 Won Berbatov

(Scrappy game, possession 58-42 shots 15-6 in my favour. Berba scored near the end 85th minute, scrappy goal from corner.)

Manchester United v Aston Villa (H)2-1 Won Fletcher pen, Park Ji Sung (League Cup)

(Played a weak side due to Carling Cup, Dominated possession 55-45, chances 19-8 in my favour. Villa scored from a cleared set piece.)

Manchester United v Wolves (A)0-0 Draw

(Boring game, think im missing Rooney lol. 54-46 Possession, 16-6 shots in my favour. Still plenty of chances but not converting them.)

I think ive been a little unlucky in some games, things havent gone well after losing Rooney. Overall the tactic creates a lot of chances and dominates most games regarding poccession. I seemed to get a lot of corners but hardly ever convert, I think possibly Rio's goal was from a corner. anyone had luck on corners? Also my players get tired a lot.

Ill stick with the tactic for now and keep u posted.

Yes, they will do well. For the striker, I would prefer a taller striker over a shorter one, but only if they are equal. Villa will get quite a few headers a game, and some he will convert, but he will also get many balls to his feet. Overall, for your striker, simply choose your best striker. For the AMC, he will score many headed goals regardless from free headers. I've had Fabregas play up there and notch in 10 or more headers a season, and he ain't exactly a Peter Crouch.

Honestly, a strikeforce with Villa, Mata, Silva and whoever plays on the right, Valencia are scary with this tactic.

Yes looking forward to using this tactic with those players. Any suggestions for the MC spot? Got banega, Abelda, Bareja and Maduro for this position. De Rossi and Essien will be impossible to get.

Sneakey

In my expirience with Valencia Benega is a creative god :thup: and I would play him there and Abelda DM. As Baraja is too old to be running his socks off in those positions and Maduro is only good enough to be back up.

deadlydevices

Great OP describing the tactic, however what I tend to find while playing narrow Midfields such as yours (DM,CM all in a line) that often my midfield is dominated by decent opposition (i.e: My Sunderland got dominated by Spurs yet I beat Burnley 6-0). Have you ever had this problem against a specific formation? Because thats the only thing putting me off this and it takes a very good tactic to take me away from TBH's.

I will give it a try with Banega and Abelda. And will try to sign Annan.

Hmmm, started a save as Arsenal, used this tactic. Knocked out of the CL in the two legged qualifier, drew first two prem games away to birmingham and home to portsmouth.

Debating if I can be bothered to carry on, this game is sucking away my will to live...

http://www.multiupload.com/UMHO19IG0B

Link dont work !!! Put it in Rapid or Filefront...

Should work fine, that link automatically uploads it to Rapidshare and other sites, its an all-in-one upload site. Let me know if Lobo21's filefront link doesn't work for you either though, and ill put it on rapidshare personally.

Mixed results, started the season really well except for the Chelsea result of course.

I think ive been a little unlucky in some games, things havent gone well after losing Rooney. Overall the tactic creates a lot of chances and dominates most games regarding poccession. I seemed to get a lot of corners but hardly ever convert, I think possibly Rio's goal was from a corner. anyone had luck on corners? Also my players get tired a lot.

Ill stick with the tactic for now and keep u posted.

Appreciate the detailed results. Who is your second striker, Berbatov? I feel like he would do realy well even without Rooney, but is he hurt too? Otherwise let's be honest, Welbeck isn't gonna cut it as well as you'd like :)

As for corners, the two most likely headers of the ball will be your striker and your right CD, which is why I suggest a good header of the ball for both. Other than that, the two wingers will occasionally header a corner in. But to be honest, the corner isn't the strongest part of my tactic - any suggestions are very welcome!

Sneakey

In my expirience with Valencia Benega is a creative god :thup: and I would play him there and Abelda DM. As Baraja is too old to be running his socks off in those positions and Maduro is only good enough to be back up.

deadlydevices

Great OP describing the tactic, however what I tend to find while playing narrow Midfields such as yours (DM,CM all in a line) that often my midfield is dominated by decent opposition (i.e: My Sunderland got dominated by Spurs yet I beat Burnley 6-0). Have you ever had this problem against a specific formation? Because thats the only thing putting me off this and it takes a very good tactic to take me away from TBH's.

Thanks for the reply. I really found the straight-line more effective than a winger based tactic, and havn't run into many problems with it. I've never noticed any specific formation that is especially hard, and the one I feel would be tough (Liverpools 2 DM formation) were easily broken down. The ability to spread the ball around to the two wingers seems to break down the stacked midfield. I'd be interested to run some experiments and see which opponent tactics are the hardest/easiest, but so far i havn't noticed any and i've played with this tactic for at least 7 or 8 full seasons.

I will give it a try with Banega and Abelda. And will try to sign Annan.

Annan is a fantastic DM and is quite cheap from the get-go. He isn't always rated well but he always plays well. In my Arsenal season, he was the purchase of the year in the EPL.

Hmmm, started a save as Arsenal, used this tactic. Knocked out of the CL in the two legged qualifier, drew first two prem games away to birmingham and home to portsmouth.

Debating if I can be bothered to carry on, this game is sucking away my will to live...

A few questions to see if I can help you... 1) did you do you own teamtalks and opponent instructions? 2) what transfers did you have? any significant injuries? 3) did you use this tactic fresh (changing TO the tactic in your first game) or did you begin using it during your friendlies, first? 4) Just out of curosity more than anything, who was your qualifier opponent, At. Madrid?

any recommendations on pitch size?

I like to keep it default and/or 'standard' but perhaps someone else can chime in on this.

DOWNLOAD LINK... Dont work...!!!

If lobo21's doesn't work, let me know where you want it uploaded. The link SHOULD work.

YES IT DOES!

Just downloaded and re-uploaded it for you.

http://www.filefront.com/15252375/DeadlyDevices-GoopleVersion1.tac

Thanks a LOT Lobo. Appreciate it!

Ok, i didn't had an easy task here... Palermo have a weak team, and almost all players have poor in morale, and the worst, Cavani was injured 6 weeks...

Palermo - Livorno 4-1 Good start :)

Roma - Palermo 1-1 Not bad, away against Roma

Napoli - Palermo 1-0 The more fair should be a 0-0

Palermo - Genoa 1-1 Is not bad, Genoa is one of the best teams in Seria A in my game, already won the title once

Juventus- Palermo 2-0 No Comments

Palermo - Inter 1-1 No bad again :)

Padova - Palermo 0-4 Great!

Palermo - Parma 3-2 I was winning 3-0... almost got a draw here...

p.s.: finished in 10th :/

Was not easy, 8 games, 4 of them against Roma, Inter, Juventus and Genoa...

Ok, i liked, with smaller teams I won the games easilly, and i was able to play almost equaly with the best teams, let's se what happens next season... ;)

I'm giving this ago with recently promoted League 2 side, Basingstoke...

Basingstoke 2 Wycombe 0 - WIN

Basingstoke 1 Bury 2 - LOSS

Basingstoke 1 Burton 0 - WIN

Hereford 2 Basingstoke 3 - WIN

Rushden 0 Basingstoke 0 - DRAW

Basingstoke 1 Histon 1 - DRAW

Luton 3 Basingstoke 3 - DRAW

Morecambe 0 Basingstoke 0 - DRAW

Basingstoke 3 Tranmere 0 - WIN

Oxford 0 Basingstoke 1 - WIN

Basingstoke 0 Port Vale 1 - LOSS

Bournemouth 2 Basingstoke 2 - DRAW

Basingstoke 2 Exeter 1 - WIN

It's a very solid tactic, that's sustained decent form throughout the whole season. It's a too reliant on your lone striker though, midfield players haven't been popping up with goals like they normally do for me but I'm pleased nonetheless. Luckily I've got Jordy Brouwer (Free Transfer) and Gonzalo Barreto (On Loan From Spurs), together they do the business.

AWESOME tactic.

However, Any tweaks to suggest when being the Firm Favourites?

This tactic is fantastic against strong teams (Very good defensively)

However It lacks the cutting edge to comfortably win against minnows.

I tried to untick 'Play Offside' and 'Counter-Attack'. Can score some goals but I feel that a better tweak could be done instead.

Holidayed until 31.12.2017 with my Palermo.

When i came back I was in 12th !! ://

Started to play from 1.1.2018, there is the results:

fixtures.th.png

And there is the final table:

tabletr.th.png

Almost achived the 5th place! The last 2 draws with Milan and Genoa determinated my final position

The tactic is great, with a non-world class team a 6th after I was 12th in december is very good, imagine if i didn't holidayed LOL...

Thanks, finally after 7 seasons in this saved game I enjoyed to play FM :D

offtopic: I now encounter many problems when try to holiday, even with a good assistant the results are always very poor, happened to any one else?

Holidayed until 31.12.2017 with my Palermo.

When i came back I was in 12th !! ://

Started to play from 1.1.2018, there is the results:

fixtures.th.png

And there is the final table:

tabletr.th.png

Almost achived the 5th place! The last 2 draws with Milan and Genoa determinated my final position

The tactic is great, with a non-world class team a 6th after I was 12th in december is very good, imagine if i didn't holidayed LOL...

Thanks, finally after 7 seasons in this saved game I enjoyed to play FM :D

offtopic: I now encounter many problems when try to holiday, even with a good assistant the results are always very poor, happened to any one else?

yeah holidaying is a big mistake. don't know why, but it just doesn't seem to work

I notice that you have the following set up. Attacking team mentality, play offside and counter attacking. Can you explain how you can use all of those together? Attacking and counter attacking are diametrically opposed. The one requires a deeper defensive line and generally slower play, while the other requires that you have a much higher defensive line and a faster tempo.

I notice that you have the following set up. Attacking team mentality, play offside and counter attacking. Can you explain how you can use all of those together? Attacking and counter attacking are diametrically opposed. The one requires a deeper defensive line and generally slower play, while the other requires that you have a much higher defensive line and a faster tempo.

Maybe thats why it works LOL even the AI gets confused :p

But I could explain, counter attacking is when, after gaining the ball possesion, getting fastest possible to the opponents area without letting the other teams defense to get in their positions, with few passes and few players involved, and in a faster time, by this principals don't say that is necessray you play defensive to use them. Attacking play is only the tacking risks/Coutious play you have, have nothing to do with your speed and defensive line, or a possesion football... (thats what I learned in football school). Benfica from 2009/2010 uses counter attack, and plays one of the more attacking footballs of Europe.

60989249.jpg

Really pleased with how it's working out with the main exceptions being the top teams. The Newcastle result (Cup) was dissapointing but other than that it has been quite heavy defeats by Liverpool, Man Utd and Man City at home with a thrashing away at Chelsea. Held my own against the other teams so with Arsenal coming up soon i wondered if you could advise some tweaks?

A) Tweaks when playing the bigger teams

B) When smaller teams in the Cup.

Generally when ahead in games i've pulled the wide players back, reduced pace, passing and increased TW to comfortable see out games during the last 20 minutes.

Well this is obviously not real football, it's a game and you can get many combinations to work.

I seem to remember that one of the main considerations of Football Manager, was to never give conflicting instructions to both your team and your players. I believe that those considerations still apply. However, allow "deadlydevice" to enlighten me, as it is his tactic. I am intrigued to find out his thinking, as I use two tactics to enable my team to play both a "attacking" and/or "counter attacking" tactic.

Sorry for the late replies guys, im in the middle of a move and starting school up again.

AWESOME tactic.

However, Any tweaks to suggest when being the Firm Favourites?

This tactic is fantastic against strong teams (Very good defensively)

However It lacks the cutting edge to comfortably win against minnows.

I tried to untick 'Play Offside' and 'Counter-Attack'. Can score some goals but I feel that a better tweak could be done instead.

If your firm favorites and feel confident, stick an MC in your DMC spot, and an attacking MC/AMC in your MC spot. You can put wingbacks in your fullback position, and add a few notches to the 'mentality' slider. Over 90 minutes, this should be enough to finish your domination.

Really pleased with how it's working out with the main exceptions being the top teams. The Newcastle result (Cup) was dissapointing but other than that it has been quite heavy defeats by Liverpool, Man Utd and Man City at home with a thrashing away at Chelsea. Held my own against the other teams so with Arsenal coming up soon i wondered if you could advise some tweaks?

A) Tweaks when playing the bigger teams

B) When smaller teams in the Cup.

Generally when ahead in games i've pulled the wide players back, reduced pace, passing and increased TW to comfortable see out games during the last 20 minutes.

When playing 'bigger' teams in which you are expected to lose, try playing a DMC in your MC spot, and perhaps play wingbacks (or players capable of playing fullback) in your AML/AMR spots. You can lower the attacking mentality to around the middle, and you can also try lowering your defensive line + unticking play offsides.

I seem to remember that one of the main considerations of Football Manager, was to never give conflicting instructions to both your team and your players. I believe that those considerations still apply. However, allow "deadlydevice" to enlighten me, as it is his tactic. I am intrigued to find out his thinking, as I use two tactics to enable my team to play both a "attacking" and/or "counter attacking" tactic.

Odd as it may seem, I use counter-attacking because of something stuck in my memory... three or maybe four years ago I was reading a thread on these forums and one advice from a topic was, "always tick counter-attacking, it simply makes your team more efficent." and as far as im concerened, whoever wrote that is 100% right. While maybe not the intended purpose, using tactics with/without counter-attacking, no matter the tactic, will always show that ticking counter-attack improves your defense and offense. It doesn't make sense, but it works.

Hey deadlydevices, I'm thinking of beginning a new game to test your tactic. Will it work for a team weaker than Milwall? Does it need any adjustments

Αlso, could a striker fit into the AMC position or it has to be a playmaker?

Counter attacking and attacking can be employed in the same system. Counter attacking is just constantly exploiting with quick passing failed opposition attacks. Arsenal did this supremely well in their invincible season. Quick fluid passing after a failed opposition attack to score lovely goals.

yeah im liking this too.

i was wandering how it would do against teams that are quite abit better than your team.

i am rochdale ang got promoted in to the championship so every team is better than me really!

just gonna play wigan, wolves and watford so ill post the results...

deadlydevices. thanks for your reply. I remember that thread as well and also asking the same question about attacking/counter attacking in the same tactic/formation. I seem to remember that wwfan responded with a simimlar answer to your own. Also that the FM AI and match engine could not properly differentiate between the two to be able to make the two systems work. That was why the two systems are sometimes put together in FM. Perhaps wwfan could enlighten me a bit more. At the present I can't come to terms with the two together. However, I am glad that your system is based on FM information and that it works for you. Kind regards.

Hey deadlydevices, I'm thinking of beginning a new game to test your tactic. Will it work for a team weaker than Milwall? Does it need any adjustments

Αlso, could a striker fit into the AMC position or it has to be a playmaker?

Sure, it could work for anytime provided you have the players for the positions and well, lets be honest, have reasonable expectations. You can't beat Arsenal with Millwall in your first season, but as I did, you can beat most League 1 teams (and hell, maybe some championshipers as well). As for adjustments, you can work around your own team to play to their strengths, but for your average team, nothing I can suggest off the top of my head.

A striker who is strictly a striker only (not competent or accomplished in the AMC role) probably shouldn't play in that position, but definitly could to some effect, just not ideally. A player like Messi, Aguero, Arshavin, etc. who are proficent in both positions would be ideal for the spot... and really quite deadly.

I have been using Mr. Hough's various tactics since I started playing FM2010 a month or so ago and have had some success with them. However, those tactics totally exhaust your team, give up tons of possession and, if everything is not totally clicking, can ship goals.

Deadlydevice's tactic is defensively sounder and you can actually win the possession battle. Not that that means everything but I find with more possession large parts of my team are not completely knackered by the 70th minute.

I have only been using Goople for a few games but I have cut my goals allowed in half. It doesn't create as many chances as Mr. Hough's tactics but then you don't need as many either.

One question Deadly........when your Ass Man says we should play a more direct passing game do you adjust that or slow tempo down?

Also, when you have analysis on the other team that they do poorly against teams playing narrow, slower and with a deep line do you make any adjustments pre-game?

I have been using Mr. Hough's various tactics since I started playing FM2010 a month or so ago and have had some success with them. However, those tactics totally exhaust your team, give up tons of possession and, if everything is not totally clicking, can ship goals.

Deadlydevice's tactic is defensively sounder and you can actually win the possession battle. Not that that means everything but I find with more possession large parts of my team are not completely knackered by the 70th minute.

I have only been using Goople for a few games but I have cut my goals allowed in half. It doesn't create as many chances as Mr. Hough's tactics but then you don't need as many either.

One question Deadly........when your Ass Man says we should play a more direct passing game do you adjust that or slow tempo down?

Also, when you have analysis on the other team that they do poorly against teams playing narrow, slower and with a deep line do you make any adjustments pre-game?

Sorry for the late response.

I don't do any adjusting based on the pre-game advice, but you definitely could probably to some success. I find that the more a team plays the same tactic, the stronger it becomes as they adapt to it. But thats more for formation and position rather than team instructions, so a little change shouldnt hurt.

Hope it keeps working well!

Archived