NEW FM Soundpacks by n0va

Passing a message on from a mate on another forum:

Seems he is having a spot of bother joining your site mate. I tried to fix his message up as it was all txt speak.

Hey Frankie, That guy who used to have that soundpack thing on your site, I cannot join his site. Did you have any trouble joining at all? I have a problem with the bit at the bottom where it has a sum. Now i cannot join at all now it tells me i have tired too many times and to try again later. I cannot even contact the guy on his forums as there is no way to contact any admin on his page. Can you ask him whats going on?

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm,

I was not aware of such a problem. I know freeforums are pretty unstable & reliable but i only have limited access.

The good news tho is we will soon be moving to a 'secret' location for our hosting ect.

All will be reveiled in due course!

Great packs n0va, enjoying them a lot.

One little thing I noticed is that since installing your packs the game no longer skips the 'boring' parts when watching a match. ie waiting for the ball to come back to the corner taker it would normaly jump ahead to just before the kick, now I have to watch the ball slowly roll back to him.

Minor thing but kinda annoying, any idea what causes it?

Cheers,

Myros

Took a quick look over the config files to see if I could track down the problem listed above and came across this:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

# EVENT_WAIT

= 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0,SOUND_CROWD_CHANT

> 10, 900

</pre>

Normaly when values are fed into program tables the number and type are hard coded, where did you get the idea to add "SOUND_CROWD_CHANT" as an extra column and add it to what appears to be a numeric value field?

Could be causing some issues there, maybe the repeating unwanted sounds etc.

Just curious where that came from.

Myros

Good on you for leaving FMG icon14.gif. I signed up there weeks ago just for this pack and still haven't received the confirmation email that was going to come in 10 minutes icon13.gif. After waiting for 3 or 4 days I went and signed in anyway and it worked but it would have been easier and quicker if the confirmation had been sent.

Tracked down the problems to your file match_sounds.cfg

Here's the errors in it:

# penalty appeal turned down then given

SOUND_APPEAL_TURNED_DOWN_THEN_GIVEN, "", 0, 1, 2, 0

</pre>

Looks like there should be no "", if there is no sound to play then you leave that part blank.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"># penalty appeal turned down then given

SOUND_APPEAL_TURNED_DOWN_THEN_GIVEN, , 0, 1, 2, 0 </pre>

Here's the erros likely to be casuing the unwanted looping:

SOUND_CORNER, "FM_corner_anticipation" 0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_TAKES_BALL_TO_RIGHTLEFT, "FM_fan chant" 0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_PLAYER_LOOKS_FIRED_UP, "FM_anticipation" 0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_PLAYER_HOLDS_BALL_IN_CORNER, "FM_general chant" 0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_SHORT_CORNER_TIME_WASTE, "fm_corner" 0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_CHEAT, "FM_cheat" 0, 1, 2, 0

</pre>

Those are the ones I noticed there is a comma missing after the file name. That would lead to bad data being put into the program with it most likely reading the "1" in the "loop flag" value instead of the "sound type" value as is intended.

Myros

Other's missing the comma:

SOUND_SOUTH_AMERICAN_CHANT , "FM_crowd_southamerican" 0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_SOUTH_AMERICAN_CHANT , "FM_crowd_southamerican1" 0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_SOUTH_AMERICAN_CHANT , "FM_crowd_southamerican2" 0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_SOUTH_AMERICAN_CHANT , "FM_crowd_southamerican3" 0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_SOUTH_AMERICAN_CHANT , "FM_crowd_southamerican4" 0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_SOUTH_AMERICAN_CHANT , "FM_crowd_southamerican5" 0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_SOUTH_AMERICAN_CHANT , "FM_crowd_southamerican6" 0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_EUROPEAN_CHANT, "FM_European1" 0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_EUROPEAN_CHANT, "FM_European2" 0, 1, 2, 0

</pre>

Some more errors for you ;p

You have pointed to a sound file that doesnt exist. "crowd push forward 1".

You have misnamed a few files eg

SOUND_LIGHT_DISAPPOINTMENT, "FM small_dissapointment", 0, 1, 2, 0

</pre>

Also "FM_shit refs" doesnt exist.

You have 2 spaces between 'FM' and 'small' the file only has one.

And while on that quite a few programs have problems with spaces in file names, which is why they get named "this_is_a_file" instead of "this is a file". Also noticed you used a comma(,) in a file name which can also be a problem.

Myros

Oh and one last thing icon_wink.gif (I promise)

Most of the sounds you use are not the same format as what the game uses.

Your bitrate is half and use mono instead of stereo. This can also cause problems with games that are hard coded to a specific audio format (it looks like FM is as all the original sounds are 1 specific type).

Ok all done.

Myros

Myros thank you very much for pointing out these errors. I will look into these asap.

At the moment i am working on the FM Planet community website. I am creating a whole new site for them. Its nearly done lol. Just got a couple more issues on the main site and the forums to layout.

Once all that is done i will then look into this.

Its some 'small' errors i missed and i thank you so much for bringing this to my attention. Due to the FM Planet community being my website i will be hosting the files there. Before that tho i will go through EVERY soundfile again and edit the configs with the errors you have called out here.

I promised the community i would take on this huge modification project as longterm and remain devoted to it. Which i will.

So please be patient and expect an updated soundpack to be released soon!

Maybe once i have completed the website/forums you could be the first addition to my staff team. I would be more than happy to give you a position as a 'soundpack developer'. If you are interested i wil be releasing more information on staff positions when the site opens.

Thanks again. icon14.gif

No prob n0va. Doubt I'd have time to do a staff thing but when you get time to work on your sound pack or other project and need a little beta testing done Id be glad to help.

Anything for a fellow glaswegian icon_smile.gif

Myros

Hi n0va, sounds like you've put alot of effort into this so good effort mate.

I play the South American leagues alot and if you remember back to CM01/02 you'll know that there were South American specific crowd chants which really added to the atmosphere of the games.

Are these included in your sound pack and if so to what extend?

Thanks and good luck!

Unfortunately i have only done my soundpacks for the united kingdom leagues so far. I didnt even think about doing an american chants soundpacks because i didnt think their would be many people wanting it. If you want to start a poll about wether i should do an american pack for teams/players or crowd chant then please do. If it gets enough people wanting it i will consider spending time developing it.

At the moment i am nearly finished the NEW website and due to me still having some other things to finish once the site is open the earliest i could start on an american soundpack is about 3 weeks to a month.

That should give you some time to do a poll and get feedback if others would want american chants in there.

What south american teams are you referring to?

At the moment i am nearly finished the NEW website and due to me still having some other things to finish once the site is open the earliest i could start on an american soundpack is about 3 weeks to a month.

That should give you some time to do a poll and get feedback if others would want american chants in there.

Well all the major S.American clubs really if that is possible, 01/02 automatically played these chants for ANY South American game although I'm unsure whether FM now works the same way.

logocu9.png

FOOTBALL MANAGER PLANET:

FM Planet is a new up & coming community website for the football manager franchise. Our aim is to create modifications for football manager which are but not limited to: soundpacks, graphics & databases.

The reason FM Planet was formed is due to us hosting the BEST ever soundpacks created for a football manager game. They are so good that each game you play sounds like you are there! Imagine being in the champions league and your winning 1-0 then to hear your fans jump up and start singing "champions league your having a laugh!" incredible stuff! You have to hear it to believe it. Other content will be made tho, not just soundpacks.

FM Planet currently has staff vacancies available. More information on the positions are available in the FM Planet Menu. Just click Planet Staff and you can find the info you need in there.

We ask everyone to stand by us for the time being. Althought the 'new' home of FM Planet is now 'open' we will still be updating, editing themes, adding articles ect. This all takes time. So please be patient if we have any downtime. We shouldnt have tho.

Thanks for your time & enjoy your stay!

PLEASE SUPPORT THE NEW HOME OF FM PLANET!

If you use my soundpacks then give me your support by using my website.

For the rest of the above article see the 'website advertisment' section on this website or vist the FM Planet homepage.

Thank You! icon14.gif

Work has now started on a config i can release for everyones use. Monitor its progress at FM Planet.

I have also setup a section where fans can request a specific chant. Just simply join up at the forums and make a request and i will do it for you if i can find the chant on the web.

Another update:

I will soon be releasing a config that will include all updated information that has been provided by: Myros. So again thanks to him.

I also need help!

I am running out of ideas for player chants and team chants for addon packs. Some teams dont have any so i ask any fans of teams in the LOWER LEAGUES of SCOTLAND or ENGLAND if they have their club chants then send me them please.

These can be chants from a mobile phone record or just off google!

This is for YOUR benifit aswell as mine.

Another thing is. I made these chants for everyone and i have now setup a football manager community website with a section dedicated to my soundpacks. This section gives YOU the chance to request a chant, give your opinions on the chants and tell us future ideas!

So far hardly anyone has bothered. With that respect please dont moan at me when i release the next addon pack and your chant is not in there!

Visit: http://www.fmplanet.org/forums and offer us your support!

As i feel i have not released anything in the past few weeks i have decided to release version 2 of the soundpacks soon.

Whats going to be in the soundpack:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>Added new start-up tune

Updated chant settings

ALL player chants included

ALL team chants included

ALL non-specific chants included

Replaced some chants with better ones

Added new chants

Tweaked all configs

Loop bug is now gone

Chants are now all the same format

I am sure i will add to this list before the soundpack is released.

Please note: This soundpack will be similar too the england soundpack already released but significantly updated & improved. At the moment their is no plans for an updated scottish soundpack.

Soundpack v2 is in other words an England Superpack. I added all the addon packs into it aswell. icon_biggrin.gif

Hopefully, you guys appreciate it more this time. :p

Myros thank you so much for the help in spotting those errors. You asked about the Sound_crowd_chant being next to the numbers but i tried it without it their and they didnt work so i put it back.

I renamed a couple of sounds and sorted the commas ect so it should be good now.

I have also changed the format of all the chants to a better improved format and faded-in & out ALL the chants for club & players.

Liam_everton89 what do you mean best combination for EPL? My soundpacks contain every player chant and club chant for the EPL and no other pack rivals my soundpacks for quality or quantity. So wait until v2 is released on http://www.fmplanet.org in a day or 2.

You'll love it.

P.s. I am now taking requests for chants on http://www.fmplanet.org/forums. So if you want a specific chant for a specific team i'll happily do it.

Guys,

Whats the name of the chant that goes to the sound of 'the animals go in 2 by 2, hora hora?' i am trying to find it to add it into my soundpack v2.

A response asap would be great!

Please reply:

What do you do on STEP 5??????

where is the "match events" foler???

the only folder i see of that rellevants is "matches"???

PLUS what do you mean on STEP 7??

i am really sorry but i am kinda dumb when i comes to this sort of stuff.

sorry ignore my previous posts, but now i have another problem(yeah i know sorry icon_smile.gif) i cannot open the match_sounds.cfg file so therefore i cannot copy th eplayer ID's to it.

Please help me i am really eager to just see what these are like.

Originally posted by Spawnisen:

Hmm, you dont seem to be allowed to edit your posts:

Also, If you need help with any website, forums(coding or whatever) or anything really regarding tech, You could email me or just add me to msn if you want.

No posting of emails on the forum, please take the time to read the forum rules.

Originally posted by n0va:

Open it with notepad.

v2 will be released soon with a whole lot more.

ok mate looking forward to it, so is there one that has songs when the game is playing normally and stuff and not just when a player scores?

The only one i have donloaded is the goal scoring one, is there any more?

If you read a few topics up you would see i made it clear all help would now be given on www.fmplanet.org/forums.

Best thing to do is download the england soundpack and then the player chants. Put the all into one folder and call it sounds and then replace the sounds folder already in your DATA folder with the one you just made.

Same for the match events. It is pretty straight forward.

The v2 will have all the packs in one file and will include FULL configs. So confusion like this doesnt happen again.

ok thank you very much for the work you put into this and helping, me but i ended up deleting them because It made each match ages to load up to the actual match! obviously it doesnt like me but i like them very much, well done in making them. icon14.gif

UPDATE: 30th May 2008.

FM Planet has now released the 'soundpack version 2' for football manager 2008. It has been in development for 2 weeks now and includes improved sounds and more features than the previous packs. We recommend anyone who has downloaded our previous soundpacks to install the new ones in their place.

This update includes:

Everything that was in the 1st soundpack release

All errors are now fixed

Added chants

Replaced chants

All sound formats are the same

Fixed errors in the config files

Now officially got rid of ALL loops

Chants play and sound better

Added chants for popular forgein teams

ADDED THE SKIPPING SLOW LOADS OR SET PIECE FEATURE!

That should sort out your problem england2110.

Download the soundpack version 2:

http://www.fmplanet.org.

IF YOU HAVE THE 1ST SOUNDPACK RELEASE BY FM PLANET THEN YOU ARE ADVISED TO REPLACE IT WITH VERSION 2!

Thank You for your support!

install too, except some people might not be too sure about the correct path to enter the data folder.

I cant find it anywhere icon_frown.gif

Can someone PLEASE post the link to where to download it from PLEASE

IT sounds immense

PLEASE HELP

THanks

Mark

Also Nova - Your "WEBSITE" fmplanet doesnt let me register, well it lets me register, i click the activation link and it says its activated but it wont let me log in.

Where else can i download it from ffs. There is no working links.

Hmmm, i was not aware of such problemss with the website.

Register via the forums and it should allow you to login. If not then i will sort it out.

If you want install instructions just look on FM Planet Forums.

Thank You.

Go on FM Planet, you dont need to register now.

Goto the DOWNLOADS section on the MAIN WEBSITE then goto SOUNDPACKS section and click download...

I am not posting the link here or anywhere else.

I HAVE GOT THE SOUNDPACKS BUT AS FOR THE SCOTTISH ONE YOU NEED TO ADD :-

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_1570", 0, 1, 2, 0

OBVIOUSLY IN A LINE BUT I DON'T KNOW WERE TO SET THEM ALL WOULD YOU PLEASE POST A SCREENSHOT TO SHOW ME WERE THEY GO ?

WOULD BE APPRECIATED

The scottish TEAM & PLAYER chants are already included in the soundpack.

The only difference is their is NO scottish non-specific chants in this one. I may release another scottish soundpack soon.

n0va - First and foremost I would like to say thankyou for taking your own time to create this soundpack. I have just tried it and it is simply amazing icon14.gif

A big thanks to you, and also Furney who's pack I have also used, both of you are top guys.

Peace Out icon_razz.gif

Plz help me.

i downloaded the new soundpack 3 days ago and still havent got it working.

i Have been on fmg live and fm planet and still cannot find any detalied instructions on how to get the sounds to work.

Plz could you give me a direct link to a forum with good insrtuctions on fmg live or fm planet.

Originally posted by The Gaffovski:

This soundpack is fantastic. Been using it since Friday and I'm chuffed. icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif

Really easy to install too, except some people might not be too sure about the correct path to enter the data folder.

Here it is (for Windows XP) -

My Computer -> C: -> Program Files -> Sports Interactive -> Football Manager 2008 -> data

I mention this because some people might look in their My Documents instead, where there are other FM folders for skins etc.

Put the folders you download which are sounds & match events in the above directory. You will have to move the folders already there to a new location.

Thats all you do.

Also, i dont put ANY of my files on FMGLive anymore so if you use my soundpacks then dont ask for help there.

Thanks.

Good pack. I haven't used sounds in game for years but I have no TV atm (of which I usually have on in the background) so I've put sounds on.

Thanks for the pack, much better than standard. It's great when Tudgay scores and they start singing his name.

Archived