Thank you, Tactics Creator

I've been playing CM/FM since sometime last century, and I've never risen above the mediocre. I knew what I wanted my team to do, but I rarely got them to do it. The Tactics Creator changed this. Now, when I want my winger to cut inside, I assign the Inside Forward role. Now, when I make adjustments, my players don't work at cross purposes. Now, I can direct my players to perform in line with their own characteristics.

And now, I have won a league. It was only the Welsh Premier League, but I don't recall winning any other leagues in my years with this game.

It's not that the Creator makes the game easy for dumb people. It's that it makes it possible for a reasonably astute manager to get what he wants on the pitch, without playing around with those godawful sliders. It removes levels of frustration, and rewards an understanding of how football works, not just how sliders work.

The Tactics Creator is the best advancement in FM in many years.

I've been playing CM/FM since sometime last century, and I've never risen above the mediocre. I knew what I wanted my team to do, but I rarely got them to do it. The Tactics Creator changed this. Now, when I want my winger to cut inside, I assign the Inside Forward role. Now, when I make adjustments, my players don't work at cross purposes. Now, I can direct my players to perform in line with their own characteristics.

And now, I have won a league. It was only the Welsh Premier League, but I don't recall winning any other leagues in my years with this game.

It's not that the Creator makes the game easy for dumb people. It's that it makes it possible for a reasonably astute manager to get what he wants on the pitch, without playing around with those godawful sliders. It removes levels of frustration, and rewards an understanding of how football works, not just how sliders work.

Well im the complete opposite mate, im finding the creator a bit of an annoying subject atm. What i find im having to do is go into each players advance settings and change them as the creator has each player role with set settings and not every player can use them. like a box to box midfielder has long shots ''often'' but the player i want to play there has low long shots attribute, but everything else is ok for that position etc.

Can't wait to try this in FM10. Tactically 09 is quite complex and it feels like if you dont adjust the right slider to the right amount the whole game can be thrown away. Seems a bit over the top.

Congratulations to the original poster, I'm very similar to you, after playing since 93 I have rarely won anything on the game since CM1!

I've a hunch its making the gamer harder for smart people :p I've won plenty in my time playing CM/FM, but the game I play is from a LLM starting point rather than going straight in as ManU/Chelsea/Real Madrid/ etc....

Well im the complete opposite mate, im finding the creator a bit of an annoying subject atm. What i find im having to do is go into each players advance settings and change them as the creator has each player role with set settings and not every player can use them. like a box to box midfielder has long shots ''often'' but the player i want to play there has low long shots attribute, but everything else is ok for that position etc.

I'm the same here. For me FM09 wasn't all about the sliders - you could give each player specific instructions or have a whole team setup. On top of that you could go into each players instructions and tell them where to go for corners/free kicks/ throw ins both when attacking and defending. I know you can do this now but when I've tried this it seems to work against the role the player has been given through the wizard

Funny story...

I didn't even use the creator... I took my AssMans choice in tactic and it won me the Premiership and the Champion's League with Liverpool. I tweaked it a little of course, but not all that much. I was quite surprised. 2nd season not going as well at all though... I'm 5th in the league through 10 games and lost in the Champions League to both Lyon and Austria Wien (or something) at home. Guess real life is catching up with me :)

I still use the sliders myself.

In my opinion, it's either the wizard and the shouts, or the sliders; and since you invariably have to make changes to the wizard, the shouts aren't entirely usable. That puts me off. Essentially, i'll only end up making a tactic in the wizard, tweaking it to precisely fit my players and then tweak in-game to get the desired change, rather than using the shouts... in that case, i may as well start a tactic from scratch myself.

Archived