Welsh League to Level 3

CymruAmBythWXM

I have made the Welsh League playable down to level 3 plus added a few cups. This is my first attempt and in due course will be trying to improve it, and eventually get down to Level 4. But I'll put it up anyway incase anyone fancies trying it.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8TOR9VBL

Edit: I wouldn't advise downloading this yet, it crashes after 1 season. Currently working on alternate structure instead.

I'll be happy to get it down to level 4 at the moment, the amount of teams I've had to add so far is rediculous.

I know, iwas having a look at doing it myself but i just dont have the time!

look forward to plying this when its working

Mate, I researched and tested the Welsh leagues and have created an editor for the top four tiers.

Alot of clubs, grounds and towns needed to be created for it too work and coordinates were missing from alot of locations which affected the relegation/promotion.

Can I ask, how have you implemented the third tier for North-Mid Wales? I found it impossible to do on the editor.

I have Welsh League Div 1, 2, 3 for the South which is straight forward enough but had to combine the North-Mid Wales clubs to have two Cymru Allicance feeders. I also created a Mid-North Wales League Cup for those outside the WPL and the same for the South.

If you've found a better way to work around it then perhaps we can combine the two? It would also save you creating clubs etc.

• Creation of approx 80 new Welsh clubs.
  • Creation of a number of Welsh towns.
  • Correct coordinates for every Welsh town.
  • Fully Media Update.
  • Four playable tiers modelled as accurately as possible within the editors ability.
  • South Wales league cup competition (Nathaniel Car Sales Cup).
  • North-Mid Wales league cup.
  • Full media update for ALL Wales.

Tested until 2011 - Link

As you say the Welsh League Div 1,2,3 is straighforward enough, but there are 3 feeders into the Cymru Alliance, Welsh National League, Mid Wales League and Welsh Alliance. On each individual club there is a place where you put what regional divisions they go into so Ive set the correct ones for each club. Still having no luck though!

For the promotion issue now Ive decided to experiment with a playoff system where the winners of each 3rd tier leagues play each other with only 2 teams going up, it wont be like real life but I'm giving it a go to see if it'll work.

Also rather than inputting loads of town's Ive put the clubs playing at either the closest town thats in the database or the county.

If you want I'll upload my update and you can have a look at it if you want. The data for the Welsh National League is spot on as that is they area where I live, also Ive included the NEWFA cup and Horace Wynne Cup both with full histories aswell. Ive also included The Welsh Trophy.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VQUPI04E

Do you want to get involved involved with researching Welsh data? I'm not the head researcher but can put your name forward if you like?

I'm in south Wales so researching the Northern clubs is a bit difficult.

As for your file, I'll download it and have a look at it and see what we can do. I found it hard to make a multi level feeder league for the Cyrmu Alliance which led to me just combining North-Mid Wales to make two mixed divisions to represent the third and forth tier.

Maybe we can merge the two databases and follow your idea's through perhaps??

I wouldn't mind getting involved with researching for some of the Welsh Data, Im already involved with some researching as I'm the Wrexham researcher. Most of the Northern Leagues at Level 3 are spot on, all the clubs have got the correct Grounds and the vast majority have got the right colours. I've got no problems with you merging the databases, you can do whatever you want with it as it would be a pity if my hard work adding what Ive done so far were to go to waste.

In reality only a handful of Welsh Prem clubs are semi-pro but the game doesn't recognise this and has a mixture of clubs as amateur and semi-pro in the Welsh League.

Really speaking 90% of the Welsh clubs should be down as amateur.

I wouldn't mind getting involved with researching for some of the Welsh Data, Im already involved with some researching as I'm the Wrexham researcher. Most of the Northern Leagues at Level 3 are spot on, all the clubs have got the correct Grounds and the vast majority have got the right colours. I've got no problems with you merging the databases, you can do whatever you want with it as it would be a pity if my hard work adding what Ive done so far were to go to waste.

ok I'll have a look when I've got some time. Feel free to do the same with mine. I'm interested to see how you've managed to do it. I'll let you know when I've had a look.

ok I'll have a look when I've got some time. Feel free to do the same with mine. I'm interested to see how you've managed to do it. I'll let you know when I've had a look.

Mine is still crashing, so Ive decided to do it like yours with all the Northern/Mid Wales clubs merged into one league. Currently testing it now.

Okay which of these files is the latest one that I should use? (I've said it a few times now, but thanks so much for this work you are all doing). If I was still living in Wales, I'd happily help the research.

Out of mine, neither of them. It keeps crashing at 19th June.

Being a Cwmbran Celtic supporter is hard away from the country, but last I knew their manager was Mickey Copeman.

Cwmbran Town...this is the last I knew:

08/06/09

Crows Part Company with Manager

"Cwmbrân Town regret to announce that the club has parted company with first team manager Gary Proctor, with immediate effect.

The club would like to thank Gary for all his work throughout the season and wishes him well for the future."

Maybe they didn't appoint a new one yet? Cant seem to find it anywhere.

anyone goin down to the mid wales amateur division 1 n 2?

The problem is firstly that the level is too low for the game in terms of ability and competition rating. It really can't go lower than the fourth tier. Secondly, the leagues are too hard to implement with the current editor and thirdly collecting accurate data is also difficult for clubs at that level.

As I've been testing FM10, I've been using the new editor for quite some time and know it's limitations.

1. Click on the Link.

2. Wait 20 seconds for the timer to run out.

3. Type the characters that you see and click download.

4. Save the file in My Documents -> Sports Interactive -> Football Manager 2010 -> editor data

5. That's it. It should now work when you fire up FM and start a new game.

If you have other issues, then maybe you have a problem with your computer. I'm no expert on that, so you'd have to ask someone else. All I can vouch for is the fact the link and file work, as I am playing it.

Sorry to butt in with what is probably a totally stupid question ... but:

What is the limitation stopping the level 3 in the North/Mid Wales from working as per the pyramid on Wikipedia? Surely as with crating the two sub divisions for level two you just create a sub-division set which feed into the Cymru Alliance. 3 up 3 down.

Have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Edit:

I've looked at the editor for the first time and may have answered my own question; although how does Super Bladesman get round this problem in his English pack?

Hi mate, ok..... firstly I am aware of the pyramid system and how the feeder league feed into it's relative tier so the problem isn't my lack of understanding or through lack of trying.

On the editor I've found whenever I go to create a multi division under the Cymru Alliance it wouldn't be accepted. I've tried several times and honestly don't know why. Your buy all means welcome to open my edit up and fiddle about with it.

If you can create a more realistic alternative I'd be glad!! Let me know if you have any success.

Colorado,

I have had a look at your work in game and maybe you should forward it to the FAW as I think it would be better your way IRL!

I'm new to all this but am happy to look into your file once I learn the basics. In the meantime, please feel free to PM me if you need any help researching the Mid Wales area as I live in Ceredigion and play at level 5/6.

Keep up the good work :)

Nice one mate. The edit I've made has ALOT more data than the amount the game was released with and a full media update too.

I research and test FM so if you want to get involved in the research process I can forward your name on if you like.

Like I said, play about with the editor and if your able to make a more life-like league system let me know!

• 3 weeks later...

I've made some change based on your file, change the promotion to 2nd level to one for each division, no playoff.

I also change the welsh cup to include all playable teams, even add the FAW Premier cup, and it doesnt crash after one season(I test till 21st july 2010)

So maybe it's the playoff that caused the crash?

Downloaded from post 10, works fine for me, actually managing a team i used to play for which is good..... one thing i noticed is that on the league rules if the points are the same it doesnt go to goal difference its actually on alphabetical order. if i was to change this in editor do i have to start a new game for it to work or will it update to my current game...

Right then people, I have managed to go down to Level 4 and I have got it working, so you can now play in the Aberystwyth League etc if you so wish. Most of the teams end up in the right regions too, although there are still the odd couple that end up in the wrong part of the country but ahh well nothing major.

Also added the NEWFA Cup, NWCFA Cup, Welsh League Cup, Horace Wynne Cup, FAW Trophy and added a new Welsh Cup which contains the Welsh Clubs playing in England.

Tested it til 2019. I'm just making a few slight touches and I'll post it.

I believe this makes me a God amongst men haha.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=4328574#post4328574

Archived