dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoa, why's everyone being so arsey? Jimbo's only trying to help...If anyone's interested I won 11-1 at home in the BSS last season. And I have noticed a few large scores involving AI teams, as well as a disproportionately large number of 5-04 and 4-3 results....Just my two cents!

My results don't seem to be unrealistic at the moment. In our last 6 games, we've scored 7 and conceded just four. Even had a 0-0 in there. That said though, there have been a few unusual scorelines from AI matches, a 6-5 win, a 6-3 win, 4-4 draw and a handful of 4-3. Nothing to make a song and dance about yet though, but I'll keep an eye on things.

Originally posted by Spurs1979:

Jimbo

There is no surprise that everyone will at some stage see high scores because we're all playing seperate games & you can't just pick out instances from different games to prove your point.

As I have said you want ME to upload something which in the context of MY game hasn't been that common.

Good luck with your pursuit but it's upto others to decide wether or not something is an error & needs reporting or not. I do my bit on both the FMO section & the Bugs/Data section of this website & don't need you telling me when & why to report stuff when I have a good idea of football in both real life & the FM series!

But hey what do I know, you're the master in this field clearly

I think you are confusing telling with asking politely.

I think my exact comment was.....

Spurs1979.

If you have time would you mind uploading the match to the ftp which can be found here.

Then when you have done that can you post the name of the file and a brief desctiption here please.

Thanks in advance on congratulations on your change in fortune

I shall say it again, a 7-3 win is NOT worthy of being posted in the bugs forum no matter what your personal opinion is, if it was 17-0 then fine I'd totally agree with you but it wasn't so I can't.

On a positive note I've managed to pick up a few more wins to move out of the relegation zone, many thanks to my short term loan of Dag Aleksander Olsen who is on fire again for me (he scored 4 in the 7-3 win).

Still plenty of games left though & he'll be gone in a months time so need to make the most of the games coming up as I'm only 4 points clear of.

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kaNovi:

I concede on headers EVERY game.. dispite having strong headers.. and its almost every time on corner.. i have tried everything..

I'm still trying to work this out too. If more players "mark tall player" does it mean that they will "double up" on main targets or will it be a sliding scale of importance with 1 man marking 1 attacker icon_confused.gif? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just think they ll mark the next "tall" player.. i dont think you can double mark icon_frown.gif maybee unless you specificly tell a person to man mark a certain player

Four games left of our season and we're hovering just outside the playoffs in 6th place. We've been on a good run of late, unbeaten now in 12 but have been drawing too many which has slowed our progress up the table. We're two points behind AFC Telford and have to play them in 2 games time. That match will probably decide our fate.

Matlock 10/11 Blue sq. Premier

after finishing 17th last season, this seasons hopes are much higher...mainly because of some good transfers

Transfers

The pick of them being my new captain Michal Karp, a solid polish midfielder i signed after a succesfull trial period of 1 day icon_wink.gif

Georgi Lazarov took a bit more convincing, but a 16-year old left-back, my coach rates to become a leading player in League one for the future is welcome any time...

Last but not least, my star loan signing Luca Senicanin, he looks excellent on paper, hopefully he could live up to the giant expectations, I had for him....

Luca + Debut

Opened his account with a hattrick on his debut against Cambridge...

Seems like he could be the one to send Matlock into playoff zone, come the end of the season, let´s just hope Sheffield won´t recall the loan icon_mad.gif

Just a quick question for those who have already played in the Blue Square Premier: Is there a massive step up in quality or not? Is it a case of a major transfer overhaul or should I be able to compete with what I've got and a couple of new faces?

Cheers. icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by virtex:

Just a quick question for those who have already played in the Blue Square Premier: Is there a massive step up in quality or not? Is it a case of a major transfer overhaul or should I be able to compete with what I've got and a couple of new faces?

Cheers. icon_smile.gif

I dont think its that big a step.. i got promoted my first season up there, and i think i got about 5-6 new players in..

But from BSN to League 2 i think there is a major step up

Originally posted by virtex:

Cheers. icon_smile.gif

I've found a difference in quality, but I don't know if that is to do with being in a higher league or because of the patch that I applied to my game after winning promotion.

You do need to improve in quality anyway and I think that I have on average 6-7 new players in my starting 11.

Originally posted by kaNovi:

icon_eek.gif too good....

Agreed.... he´s scored 7 goals in 3 games now... two hattricks! I just had to have him, all though it does feel a bit like cheatin´ but anyway let´s see... he´ll get injured, hit a down-period, and I won´t get promoted again as always.. icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by Tyler_Durden:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kaNovi:

icon_eek.gif too good....

Agreed.... he´s scored 7 goals in 3 games now... two hattricks! I just had to have him, all though it does feel a bit like cheatin´ but anyway let´s see... he´ll get injured, hit a down-period, and I won´t get promoted again as always.. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hehe yeah.. my first season i had two loaness way to good, i felt a little bad about it so i stopped loaning players that were to good.. But thats entirely up to the person playing, its not cheating at all, just maybee something SI should sourt out perhaps.. i dont know =)

Good luck with getting the promotion anyways =)

Boreham Wood March 2010 update. Conference South.

I celebrate my 100th game in charge by winning 8-4. It's not a bug though, it's just a freak result and is normal icon_wink.gif.

We're pretty incinsistant, (as we have been since I patched), and stumble from an excellent result to a shocker and on to another excellent one. It doesn't seem to have a home/away bias and I've tried rotating/resting keeping tactics, changing tactics. Maybe it's linked with moral and media comments together with pre-game team-talks.

I honestly can't work it out yet.

Current league position 6th icon13.gif.

We're only behind 5th on goal difference though, so with 5 games remaining it's still in the balance. If I can finish in the playoffs I'm at least hopeful that I will get offered a new contract.

So, im doing well in my fouth season, and thanks to selling a bit, and doing that well in the league, Im starting to get rich,- closing in on 800k

How much money does one need to expand the youth and training system - its currently at "fairly basic" and "minimum", so its nok like it isnt needed. Lukcily I have agreat stadium at Gateshead!

Originally posted by zutcorp:

So, im doing well in my fouth season, and thanks to selling a bit, and doing that well in the league, Im starting to get rich,- closing in on 800k

How much money does one need to expand the youth and training system - its currently at "fairly basic" and "minimum", so its nok like it isnt needed. Lukcily I have agreat stadium at Gateshead!

I hit just over £1m at the start of the season but got rejected because of lack of funds. Back down to £590k now so don't hold much hope of improving it anytime soon.

Originally posted by kaNovi:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by virtex:

Cheers. icon_smile.gif

I dont think its that big a step.. i got promoted my first season up there, and i think i got about 5-6 new players in..

But from BSN to League 2 i think there is a major step up </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed icon14.gif

Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Donald-Duck:

Should I be playing with the patch installed?

The choice is yours I believe. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No patch for me then icon_smile.gif Things are going great for me this season in league2, could end up winning it.

37games

I'm unbeaten at home icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Donald-Duck:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Donald-Duck:

No patch for me then icon_smile.gif Things are going great for me this season in league2, could end up winning it.

37games

I'm unbeaten at home icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Congratulations, who you managing?

Did you bring in many new players at the start of the season? I'm curious as i'm mid-august just beginning in League 2.

Jimbo

There is no surprise that everyone will at some stage see high scores because we're all playing seperate games & you can't just pick out instances from different games to prove your point.

As I have said you want ME to upload something which in the context of MY game hasn't been that common.

Good luck with your pursuit but it's upto others to decide wether or not something is an error & needs reporting or not. I do my bit on both the FMO section & the Bugs/Data section of this website & don't need you telling me when & why to report stuff when I have a good idea of football in both real life & the FM series!

But hey what do I know, you're the master in this field clearly

Blue Square Premier - Season 08/09 (Pre-Patch)

Total Goals Scored - 1540

Top Scoreres -

Rushden & Diamonds - 88 Goals

Aldershot - 81 Goals

Mansfield - 79 Goals

Top Conceeders -

Nuneaton - 81 Conceeded

Braintree - 80 Conceeded

Dorchester - 75 Conceeded

Blue Square Premier - Season 09/10 (Post Patch)

Total Goals Scored - 1578

Top Scorers -

Oxford - 103 Goals

Exeter - 98 Goals

Rochdale - 92 Goals

Top Conceeders -

Nuneaton - 154 Conceeded

Stafford - 114 Conceeded

Northwich - 91 Conceeded

As you can see from my game, theres no real difference in the total number of goals scored, but in a stark contrast, the top scorers, and top conceeders are roughly a 20% Increase in goals (Top scorers) and a massive 50% increase in conceeded. Now, althought the FINAL number of goals difference is minimal, the goals in 'mid table' have really dried up.

For me, this is unrealistic, Seeing the top teams score 4-8 goals almost every game, and the bottom teams conceed 5-8 goals almost every game.

Sure, the total goals tally is similar, if not freakishly close, but 17-0's, 9-0's 7-0's DO NOT HAPPEN every weekend, but post-patch they have indeed been happening. icon13.gif

I found the gap between BSP & League 2 something you can bridge if you get in 3 or 4 top quality loans. The gap between league 2 & league 1 however is massive, my highest value non loanee is 150k whilst most teams have at quite a few worth alot more then that at this stage.

I have noticed though how my players stats have improved alot during this season so hopefully if I can avoid relegation I'll be in a much better situation next year.

Thought I'd found a decent player who was tipped for Premiership but he didn't get a work permit icon_frown.gif

That isn't the issue though is it Nepenthez, I was asked to report a score which in the context of 3 1/2 seasons was my highest goal scoring game taken part in. With 10 goals I can tell you now that there have been 4 games already with 9 goals in this season with only 3 months played.

7-3 in itself is not a freak scoreline & that is what I reject in reporting just for the sake of it, 17-0 is & if I was to continue to get loads of 7-3's I would report it but I don't.

Originally posted by cookie15:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

37games

I'm unbeaten at home icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Congratulations, who you managing?

Did you bring in many new players at the start of the season? I'm curious as i'm mid-august just beginning in League 2. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chippenham.

I didn't actually, using pretty much my same team from BSP, with 1 new first team player. I was hoping to avoid relegation since I just bought laods of young players over the summer. My players just learnt to work as a team which they didn't do too well the previous season. Scoring loads this season, and barely 1 a game last season.

5 First team players out at the moment though through suspesnsion/injury

Squad

Sound advise Jimbokav. I'll keep playing till the patch, though I won't throw the play-off tainted or not, it doesn't sit well with me and I'll be considering this a dummy run as such.

Who else plans on starting or restarting the challenge once the final patch is done?

Originally posted by Storzy:

Sound advise Jimbokav. I'll keep playing till the patch, though I won't throw the play-off tainted or not, it doesn't sit well with me and I'll be considering this a dummy run as such.

Who else plans on starting or restarting the challenge once the final patch is done?

Storzy. It doesn't have to be cheating. If you just say "c'est la vie" and never reload after crashing no matter whether you do better or worse or the same, then you never have to trouble your conscience.

This has bothered e in the past and I have been lucky to actually win a Cup final after crashing after losing the first time around.

Now I save on a regular basis and never reloand no matter what the result. I don't feel guilty at all because I know that sooner or later the game will get it's revenge.

True if it happened mid season in the league or in an earlier round, it's just that I got one hell of a mauling and it's seem a bit lucky. But it will crash again and not to my advantage, happened with Whitby a couple times last year so I'll just roll with it and hopefully I won't feel too guilty when a take us into the Conference!

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Storzy:

Storzy. It doesn't have to be cheating. If you just say "c'est la vie" and never reload after crashing no matter whether you do better or worse or the same, then you never have to trouble your conscience.

This has bothered e in the past and I have been lucky to actually win a Cup final after crashing after losing the first time around.

Now I save on a regular basis and never reloand no matter what the result. I don't feel guilty at all because I know that sooner or later the game will get it's revenge. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Likewise icon14.gif I don't reload, even when tempted. I just save regularly as there is a strong chance that one of my 2 small kids will turn the bloody thing off icon_mad.gif

Donald-Duck you did really well mate icon14.gif

Spurs1979 I hope your advice works, my teams ok i've got a lot of youngsters and i'm hoping for 1 or 2 decent players though. My Ass Man (Prosinecki) is also the Coach of Croatia, so i'm hoping i might be able to entice 1 or 2 of them icon_wink.gif I've even got a few pennies to spend on transfers, so we'll see. icon_cool.gif

I found the gap between BSP & League 2 something you can bridge if you get in 3 or 4 top quality loans. The gap between league 2 & league 1 however is massive, my highest value non loanee is 150k whilst most teams have at quite a few worth alot more then that at this stage.

I have noticed though how my players stats have improved alot during this season so hopefully if I can avoid relegation I'll be in a much better situation next year.

Thought I'd found a decent player who was tipped for Premiership but he didn't get a work permit icon_frown.gif

Unlucky, I had a championship standard korean player on my player search but he failed the work permit too. I can't seem to find any scouts with foreign knowledge outside of UK&Ireland, and my finnish coach.

As a matter of interest, anyone in league 1 or 2, how many coaches do you have? My board don't recomend having more than one but I have 6.

5 coaches in League 2; the board recommends having just 1. I haven't tried signing a 6th coach frankly, maybe I should.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spurs1979:

Unlucky, I had a championship standard korean player on my player search but he failed the work permit too. I can't seem to find any scouts with foreign knowledge outside of UK&Ireland, and my finnish coach. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe the answer is to speculate by signing some old foreign players who are near retirement in the hope that they may turn into coacjes at which time you should have more players available to sign.

Originally posted by Scab:

As a matter of interest, anyone in league 1 or 2, how many coaches do you have? My board don't recomend having more than one but I have 6.

5 coaches in League 2; the board recommends having just 1. I haven't tried signing a 6th coach frankly, maybe I should. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have 7 coaches in league 1, I opted to get a good setup as my wage budget was well below due to having a pretty young squad.

Hendon - League 2 - 2011/2012

Well I've literally just played the last league game of the season & thankfull managed to finish in 20th place & avoid relegation. Partly due to having good form for the last 10-15 games & also partly due to the fact those below me were pretty damn awfull.

I ended the season with £150k balance which isn't great but least it's not a debt. I'm getting rid of Chelsea as they didn't really help very much as I was only able to loan really really young players who weren't much use to me. I think a slightly smaller club would be better & probably should have stuck with Fulham but we'll see who I get when I can cancel this one & ask for a new one during the summer. As for the rest, well I've got ALOT of work to be done as I think my squad is pretty poor for this division. I have maybe 3 players who I think are good enough so yeah I have a real task to get ready for next season.

League 2 Final Table 2011/2012

Club Finances

Club Transfers

Archived