[PSP] Ideas for FMH2011

I know that me and others have asked before about having the option to choose from one of two different kits for each team for each match (or maybe just choosing for the team you are managing), because sometimes the traditional colours of the club's home or away kit are horrible, and therefore make the commentary very hard to read (e.g. Newcastle's yellow-on-yellow away kit).

One of the things I do like about the more recent pc versions of FM is the minature shirts complete with sponsor names that you can download, similar to Decs logo packs on FMH. Many thanks to the formistas who take the time to create and make them available to the FM community. As I mentioned previously, these small additions really make a huge difference to my enjoyment of the game. Thanks also to SI for making FMH so enjoyable and user friendly and I really hope they can continue to support its presence on the PSP.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. more realistic goals scored, ive seen goals go in from the angels that are impossible to score from, make the 2d match engine work better for this to happen.

2. to be able to create a player, yourself of course or someone you want to create.

3.more info on manager profiles, stats, manager of the season stats, history of clubs, and manager history of playing as a player if they did so.

4.more info on regens, where they came from or to find out whos a regen of who, (this is like cheating because your finding out whos a regen of who like for example a regen of fernando torres)

5.club badges of teams from all major leagues.

6.realistic transfers, an example of what i mean is, i tryed buying toni kroos for liverpool for 5mill, they didnt accept, then on the following jan transfer he went to arsenal for 750k, how is this possible.

7.new skins for the game, i loved last years not to keen on this one, or even the chance for you to edit your skin colours to match with player stats or info bars, this year in fmh2010 the players squad selection screen had all diffferent colours that didnt match, i liked the grey and blue layout, so make it as if you can change players picked for the squad, make their icons sort of the same colour.

8.skin editor for your own ideas, i know this can not be implemented into the game, but theres always the choice of creating one and gamers can upload them to the forum for others to use or load into the game themselves.

9.more detailed training options to choose from, after alot of seasons, some players still seem to have some of their stats in the red, for example creativity, teamwork, movement etc...but they should be in the blue or green because or learning or training, so if its possible to have extra options so you can push players to do better in these areas.

alot to consider lol, theres loads more but these are some that i think will make the game alittle better. thanks

1. Agreed

2. No point when you can overwrite players, that is good enough for now

3. I would say memory is too limited

4. That is pointless and quite a cheat as it won't be that fun to find the next big thing

5. They can be downloaded

6. Unlikely but it happens in real life sometimes

7. I like this years skin :(.

8. Skins on FM are complex and I would say FMHs would be the same plus there are one or two logo makers and skins are harder

9. Intensive training rockets stats.

I was thinking of. Calling up players of other nationalities into a country which he has played for in 5 years but not yet called up for his own country.

Here's an example. Almunia has been at England for 5 years now(assuming he got his England resident permit) but not yet called up for Spain. It would be nice if England could call him up.

I was thinking of. Calling up players of other nationalities into a country which he has played for in 5 years but not yet called up for his own country.

Here's an example. Almunia has been at England for 5 years now(assuming he got his England resident permit) but not yet called up for Spain. It would be nice if England could call him up.

thats what ive been after for years but atm theyve pinned every player down to a certain nationality and not left it open to change even when they have 2 to choose from

I don't think FMH 2011 needs huge changes, jsut a few tweaks here and there. I find the assistant manager/scout opinions quite bemusing the majority of the time - they always seem to not rate my best players, and recommend signing really average players.

Would be good if backroom staff had stats and could be hired and fired as was the case from CM3 onwards.

In addition, the balance sheet showing income/expenditure is a must have, as you can immediately see where the money is flowing out ofthe club, and take action to remedy this if necessary

I think the majority of these are great ideas and after a year without my PSP I am back into the FM games. Ive found this year my biggest frustration is the Buying and selling of players. I have found that when I have offers for my players they are below or spot on the asking price, and if you try to negotiate to squeeze more out of them you end up with a rejection. However if I want to buy a player, and even if they are a youngster you need to pay a 3-4 times more than the asking price. I am about 8 years into my game now and my transfers are 307M paid and 48.5M received on sales.

If this is impossible then agreed upon the above point about the reserves. I heavily invest in youth in my squads and would love to be able to use this to my advantage with the reserves.

What I would like to see on FMH11 is in training, where players can be trained into new positions which will make them more verstatile, however it has to be realistic for them to complete it. For example, if a centre back's new training position was upfront, I would like to see it happen over a period of time like 2 or 3 years to be able to play upfront. This will make it realisitic and what I think, benficial for the game. I know this is on the PC version but I think this would be great for the PSP.

I would also like to see on FMH11 your manager's full profie to enable you to see your stats. While on the subject of managers, I think it will be good to see other manager's history, including playing career as well.

Also what would be good would be a full time match report. It will include a brief on man of the match, who were the better team, where the losing team went wrong, how an underdog beat the other team etc, etc

Im sure these have already been mentioned but...

-Manager History would be nice.

-Short term deals.

-Maybe basic manager/manager interaction, that leads to a great importance being placed on the outcome of a game. Ie, Wenger and Ferguson indulge in mind games, if you win positive changes in confidence ect, opposite for defeat.

-More board/manager interaction and control over the club as a whole, being able to invest transfer wages into a youth project.

-I would love to be able to be an assistant manager and earn rep. that way, but I think thats far beyond the capabilities of the PSP!

I think the games at the stage where its limited in terms of what the PSP can do, but just adding smaller features that give the game more depth would be brilliant! :D

I would like to see a "Team of the week" for each league. Also would love it if you could have a stadium that you could build over time, so when your playing bad its empty (i.e..Portsmouth!! he he he) and when doing well and gaining promotion you could upgrade it.

awsome new idea just poped into my head. when a player is refused a work permit you should be able to bribe the officials to let him work. not sure how punnishment would work though. thought of this when managing afc wimbledon and tried to get ze eduardo to sign but he was refused a work permit.

thats what ive been after for years but atm theyve pinned every player down to a certain nationality and not left it open to change even when they have 2 to choose from

whats the point in having rooney as irish or ashley cole as barbadian (as well as english as their nationalites)?

awsome new idea just poped into my head. when a player is refused a work permit you should be able to bribe the officials to let him work. not sure how punnishment would work though. thought of this when managing afc wimbledon and tried to get ze eduardo to sign but he was refused a work permit.

again not adding realism but you might get the chance to appeal instead

Man I could write a book on this subject.

1. Have an unlock screen... despite what some people say we dont have one, that shows unlockables.. before there unlocked. Would be nice to see.

2. Appealing against European Cards.... That fact is you cant! unless its mistaken identity. I have seen scholes and fletcher suffer from this badly in real life, I know its wrong.. but.. should be like EA... if its in the game.. its in the game, not made up!

3. Bosmans.. I have NEVER seen any club ever take a player on bosman from any Club Ever!!!! its so bad I never bother with Contracts now, ever. Just sign them back up in the Dec/Jan Period... no one will take them on them free, this has been the case for years on psp version.

4. Regens.... Stop them coming in at High Current ability.. We can all spot a 15 year old who looks good. Spread good player potential over time.. and Stop lower leagues clubs selling them for 50K or so. Let them look at potential also for selling price.

5. Retiring players asking for new contract. Its mad but ive seen this... A player who was leaving in a few months.. wanting sign a new long term contract :-) madness.

6. Players who say your a favorite person... And a strained relationship with at the same time :-) ! odd.

7. Stop losing money each season... I buy players for almost nothing, and sell them for 10-15 Million each... when you do that and next season that money is gone.. you may as well gave the players away on a free.. well its a kick in teeth!

I could so add loads more.. and im sure I will.

John.

Man I could write a book on this subject.

7. Stop losing money each season... I buy players for almost nothing, and sell them for 10-15 Million each... when you do that and next season that money is gone.. you may as well gave the players away on a free.. well its a kick in teeth!

I could so add loads more.. and im sure I will.

John.

Can you imagine ANY situation in real life now where... 30 Million pounds goes missing in a football club a season and the fraud squad not called in ?

Just because im a manager of a club and not a Director or owner.. dosnt mean I cant see where 30-40 Million pounds a season has vanished to!

maybe you're better suited to the realism of the PC version?

i love how casual the psp version is, any more realism and it'll be just dull and my neck will get sorer.

i totally agree that he hes better suited to the PC version lol, every game has bugs in and continuing to state what they are wont make them go away in this version so just enjoy the game :) (its actually pretty good if you just dont mind the few faults there are ;))

more wonderkids i think.

better chance of an appeal. (never had one in any of the games. been playing since 07.)

sponsors to give you money after every week (manager mode fifa)

get income from ticket sales

no more being pulled back for offside after a goal when the player offside wasn'y involved in the goal one bit.

I've had appeals won :D not many though

Sponsors/ticket sales mean adding in better finances which they should do

The 2d pitch doesn't always show the correct thing but the text is always right ( i think one of the mods said this last year but not 100% sure :D)

They can't add more wonderkids in if there isn't any :D

so I've just unlocked my 'son', Kyle *******, a D-R/L, after Adriano retired, one idea though, I know the devs have previously said they didnt people to just download all the unlockables from the internet, but I put a lot of work into unlocking this, could it not be 'locked' to my preference file, ie, I can choose to use Kyle in any game I start, no one else would want to be using Kyle ******* in their game I doubt..

Could also have my surname locked to the pref. file perhaps?

(My Surname is blanked for obvious reasons.. its a very rare surname too.. infact so rare, the majority of you have probably never heard of it, and could probably spend an eternity of lifetimes guessing it and still not get it...)

I am not and I have my own website :p.

Said this on TFW but I will repost here:

I just had a great idea which can tie finances together, add a finance chart for income and outcome like revenue (season tickets, shirt sales), transfers, sales, wages etc..., a handy little chart to track your team's money would be useful and would help the disappearing transfer budget at the end of the season.

i would like to bring up the iPhone/iPod touch again. i have an iPod Touch, and have Championship Manager 2010 on it. it only cost £2.99, and works very well, unlike what some people have said. i think it would be a great idea, as the CM2010 on it is very in-depth and accurate aswell.

already sitting in the corner rocking back and fro mumbling iphone and ipod over and over!

Also would like to be offered players, being able to get youngsters on trial from smaller teams like Reuben Noble Lazarus has done at Man Utd

I dont know if this has been mentioned before, but what i'd really like to see is in the next version, when you go on your history of previous fixtures & results, okay, you added the 'overview' screen showing who scored, got booked etc, but maybe add the other screens like, stats, player ratings, lineups, just like on the match screen when you play a match.

• 2 weeks later...

Make the game A LITTLE more realistic. Lets say Portsmouth is still in the game, but in the Championship. Their current financial status now is near bankrupt, and wouldn't improve much till the end of the season. Make 2011's Portsmouth start with near bankrupt financial status

• SI Staff
3. Bosmans.. I have NEVER seen any club ever take a player on bosman from any Club Ever!!!! its so bad I never bother with Contracts now, ever. Just sign them back up in the Dec/Jan Period... no one will take them on them free, this has been the case for years on psp version.

This will be improved on the next version of FMH released.

4. Regens.... Stop them coming in at High Current ability.. We can all spot a 15 year old who looks good. Spread good player potential over time.. and Stop lower leagues clubs selling them for 50K or so. Let them look at potential also for selling price.

What I've done for next version is to relax slightly the relationship between ability and attributes - that is that kid who looks 'great' might not actually be quite as good as he looks (and indeed vice versa).

5. Retiring players asking for new contract. Its mad but ive seen this... A player who was leaving in a few months.. wanting sign a new long term contract :-) madness.

I believe this is fixed now for next version.

6. Players who say your a favorite person... And a strained relationship with at the same time :-) ! odd.

My wife sometimes tells me that "She loves me" but "Hates the way I'm acting at the moment" ... thats how I see that, its not a contradiction you can like someone but feel annoyed at them.

I've changed this for next version so that you won't lose your funds UNLESS you're in financial trouble to at least some extent or have a horribly huge amount of cash sitting there (ie. I'm not going to let you save up a £500bn transfer kitty over 20 seasons and then buy all the players in the game just to see what happens ;) ).

• SI Staff
I dont know if this has been mentioned before, but what i'd really like to see is in the next version, when you go on your history of previous fixtures & results, okay, you added the 'overview' screen showing who scored, got booked etc, but maybe add the other screens like, stats, player ratings, lineups, just like on the match screen when you play a match.

The reason we restricted it to just the overview was simply because there's a 'maximum' save game size on the PSP and we're already close to the wire with this (and compressing things heavily as it is) .... adding in all the other ratings would be a 'push', although we can at least look at it - do please realise there are limits to what we can store at times on the PSP.

What about if you do well at Club level and International Level that you could become manager of Europe,Asia,Africa,South America,North America or Australasia and have a little league tournament and then you could pick the best players from the continent you manage

how can i make it so my team dont fall out with my best players just cos they had a bit of transfer speculation?

i even denied the speculation but stil my team have problems with them

also, team talks!

out of interest, when abouts is the next one coming out?

Archived