Tactic Wizard causes more problems and creates a new playing field

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have set up two W_M tactic's one using the TW then tweaking player instructions and one using the classic instructions. Now can someone tell me apart from nailing my FB's to the goalposts and cementing his feet in the ground can you get them to stay back and not end up on your opponents byline. I have tried my d-line on 1, my FB's on stay back and mentality on 1 CR on 1 and anything else that will keep them back and they still get into my opponents box. Never had this on 09.

I have set up two W_M tactic's one using the TW then tweaking player instructions and one using the classic instructions. Now can someone tell me apart from nailing my FB's to the goalposts and cementing his feet in the ground can you get them to stay back and not end up on your opponents byline. I have tried my d-line on 1, my FB's on stay back and mentality on 1 CR on 1 and anything else that will keep them back and they still get into my opponents box. Never had this on 09.

If you think it's an issue, throw up some pkms :)

had a little mess around after reading your previous post, and mentality 1, FWR runs rare FBs do seem to get a bit too far up the pitch for my liking (in a 442) but they definitely aren't ending up in the opposition box. In which case it might be something is getting garbled in the translation in your game between tactics in the Tactics screen and inputs into the match engine.

The only ones who will know is SI so create a bug report and stick it in the Match Engine area of the Bugs Forum :thup:.

If you think it's an issue, throw up some pkms :)

had a little mess around after reading your previous post, and mentality 1, FWR runs rare FBs do seem to get a bit too far up the pitch for my liking (in a 442) but they definitely aren't ending up in the opposition box. In which case it might be something is getting garbled in the translation in your game between tactics in the Tactics screen and inputs into the match engine.

The only ones who will know is SI so create a bug report and stick it in the Match Engine area of the Bugs Forum :thup:.

isuckatfm: I think it is more than just a bug, because I think this has something to do with a bigger mechanism here. A bug would be if a player is laying on the field while the game goes on for several minutes (even though the ball is out of play), this looks more like a 'knock on' effect that has it's foundation in the 'over-riding' mechanism that the new tactical wizard has. Have you tried making tactics the old fashioned way? I think if you pay attention closely you should at one point see some abnormalities...

Have you tried making tactics the old fashioned way? I think if you pay attention closely you should at one point see some abnormalities...

I used this W_M tactic in 09 and decided to set it up in FM10 and used the 'Convert to Classic' and all the Advanced tabs so the settings were put in NOT using the TW. I dont usually use Mentality and CR on 1 or the D-line on 1, I only set these to see if my FB's would stay back, he is even in front on Eboue whose Mentality is on 12 so he should not be in front of him.

Loversleaper, what actually happened was Sagna had the ball in the FB position and passed to Walcott up the flank, Walcott took off and Sagna then went charging up the wig after him and this should not happen.

I have been lightly grazing this issue in other posts. I have just been waiting until other people start seeing some of the events that I have experienced (you can't do a lot if you're all alone). I done alot of messing around with the whole game mechanism so I have seen these type of behaviors before (there are several other things as well), I just don't understand that it hasn't been picked up along the way...

• SI Staff
Can someone tell me why Sagna is almost in my opponents box, when his mentality is on 1, CR on 1 d-line on 1 no runs etc and he is further upfield than Eboue who is on mentality of 12

th_Sagnaupfield.jpg

I'll tell you, if you send me the pkm file for the match :)

I can remember what happened, which is why I thought it strange. Sagna picks up the ball just between the edge of his own 18yd box and the touchline around 10yds from his own goal line, he then sends a pass along the touchline to Walcott who was on the halfway line, walcott goes hell for leather up the wing with Sagna right behind him and in the picture they have actually started to come back so Sagna at one point was level with their penalty area.....not bad for FB on Mentality 1, CR 1, a D-line of 1 and with NO forward runs or runs with ball. This has actually happened with Clichy on the left as well. I plan tomorrow to set up my tactic and player settings again and watch a full match and then see what happens.

ok , so just to summarize...

If I tweak a players instructions , this will render the touchline shout feature useless for that player?

My grasp of this is

any altered individual instructions override shouts that cover the scope of that instruction

any unaltered individual instructions allow the use of shouts that cover the scope of that instruction

So to render ALL shouts unusable, you would have to set everything manually, imo if your doing this then the wizard itself is generally not needed by you.

maybe someone could compile a list of II:TS compatabilities

ie

Closing Down - Hassle/Stand Off Opposition

NOOOO, dont remove touchline instructions and tactics wizard, this is the sole reason i am buying this years FM. :-)

Finally i´ll be able to create my tactics again and understand what i am doing. The last time i could creat my tactics with that old Visual Basic Slider system was in FM2008...

Anyone at SI answer this, please?
Yep that's the kind of thing that could work.

Or, coming at it from the other side when overriding an individual instruction sone options as to how to resolve conflicts with any touchline instructions eg 'ignore TI' or 'allow TI to override'.

Paul,

Is there any chance this would happen in the 1st patch?

My opening post has nothing to suggest I want it removed. The opening post for the thread that was merged also suggest so. I only said it can be removed since at this time now it is acting as a preset tactic that we used to have.

People took that statement and ran with it. I am actually enjoying playing with the default settings bar one or two adjustments. I have learnt not to adjust it manually but use the roles tab to enhance adjustments.

Would still be good if TS can override II settings as this would give users a more advance option.

As with the problem I had with Sagna, someone came up with (Players Preferred Moves) PPM's which in Sagna's case was set to 'Runs With Ball Down Right' and 'Gets Forward Whenever Possible'. These I had not given any thought to. So I PM'd PaulC and asked which takes priority PPM's, PII, or TS, and got back a brilliant reply which explains almost everything.

Paul's reply was as follows; PPM's. Although if a player has a PPM of shoot often, and you tell him to shoot rarely, he'll take the middle ground. Where a PPM has a matching PII think of it as an offset on the PII.

Touchline shouts affect PII's anyway ( as long as you havent changed the PII in classic mode ) so they are also subservient to certain PPM's.

• SI Staff

Touchline shouts affect any team or player instruction set by the new wizard.

If you started from classic and never touched the wizard at all I believe touchline shouts are redundant.

Its something we will look to address in the future.

Archived