FM 10: Official Celtic Thread - Taking Back The Title

southsidecelt

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
really?? is he the same player that played crap for ireland

aye thats him, used to play with leeds, cracking free kick taker. Needed a back up to wallace and misun plus was using him to tutor misun and worked out quite good. think he only played in 6 matches but avg was bout 6.98 so he did ok for a 35 year old

Some nice regens there guys :)

Ok just near Nov season 3 . Currently 10 straight wins in the league and 10 points clear of second place Hearts with Rangers joint 6th after i just nailed them 5-0 at Parkhead .

Champions league group saw me get Real Madrid (again) , Genoa and Hapoel Tel-Aviv . Won 4-1 away to Hapoel then lost 1-0 at home to Madrid (buggers ) and just picked up a 0-0 away to Genoa so hopeful off progressing again .

Before the end of the transfer window i managed to pick up Nani for 3.8m and Lukaku for 20m while the kind people at Zaragoza gave me a remarkable 8.25m for Drenthe :)

Some nice regens there guys :)

Ok just near Nov season 3 . Currently 10 straight wins in the league and 10 points clear of second place Hearts with Rangers joint 6th after i just nailed them 5-0 at Parkhead .

Champions league group saw me get Real Madrid (again) , Genoa and Hapoel Tel-Aviv . Won 4-1 away to Hapoel then lost 1-0 at home to Madrid (buggers ) and just picked up a 0-0 away to Genoa so hopeful off progressing again .

Before the end of the transfer window i managed to pick up Nani for 3.8m and Lukaku for 20m while the kind people at Zaragoza gave me a remarkable 8.25m for Drenthe :)

got lukaku, in his 3rd season now with me and looks like am losing him next season. He wont sign new contract and if i even think of sticking him on transfer list half my team complain about his unfair treatment. so just gonna ride it out and see if he maybe has a change of heart. Fingers crossed lol :D

Finding that Aberdeen seem to be me bogey team. Have not beat them at all in 2 seasons, 6 draws 2 defeats!! Who are everyones bogey team?

Dun Utd, by far the most difficult team to beat in Scotland for me

my current side:

currentcelticsquad2015.jpg

just got mcfadden on loan again. for second time in 2 seasons, but also signed him on pre contract, hes still playing pretty well for his age.

Alright guys Motherwell fan here, but have a good wee game going with Celtic to get some trophies won.

Seems to be a very easy game if you finance it correctly. Signings such as Verratti and Shevley etc have developed excellently.

Now sitting at £75m in the bank with a 75,000 seater parkhead which has been helped by Champs league qualification each season.

So far after 5 seasons, 5 league titles, 4 CIS Cups and 4 scottish Cups.

Starting 11 atm is

GK - Simao - Signed aged 19 - for 1.1m from Cruzerio - Regen

DR - Aaron Grant - Signed aged 16 from QOS for 500k - debut season now 19 - Regen

DL - Nevan Sobutic - Signed from OFK Beograd aged 17 for 500k - Now 20 and after 3 years at Oostende regular started - Regen

DC - Ivan Fatic - Signed from Genoa for 5m, origanally played LB but moved to accomidate Sobutic

DC - Nevan Sebranovic - Signed aged 17 from Partizan after high recommendation by scouts, regular at 18 - Regen

MC - Marco Verratti - Signed for 2.6m from Fiorentina in season two, on long term contract

MC - Eddie Moon - Aged 19 Aussie regen getting chance after Shelvey left for 16.25m - Regen

AMR - Option 1- Freddy Adu - Signed from Benfica for £2.2m, does a job, verstitle.

AMR - Option 2 - Marc Brown - Wonderkid at age 17 when he broke through and debuted for Scotland at 18, Striker naturally but retrained to accomidate my frontline, still does a job and is now 20 and one of my better players.

FC - Jo - Was on loan in season 2, before being snapped up for £4.3m now had 75 goals in 90odd apperances since signed pernamently, think its like 90 goals in 120 since his debut, excellent player.

FC - Lukaku - the big gamble i had to take, £21m for him, a bit much for the SPL, hasnt really settled and tried to flog him to Juve for £28m, now trying to find him the ideal role to allow him to get to his potential, if doesnt sign new contract will be sold 1 year before it expires.

But aye lads, really good game which is noising up my rangers mate :D

rangers are in the **** in my game lol not won the league in 5 years, last trophy they won was the league cup last season, when walter retired they hired starvin marvin andrews. was his 1st job and they just scrapped 2nd after a dreadful start to the season. this year they have been stuck to the bottom of the spl only just rising above raith and motherwell and they finally put an end to the marvin andrews era few months ago and have put super ally on caretaker duties. They in the middle of a takeover so no siginings in transfer window plus they still owe 25 mill in debt to lol :D good times :D

Well long time eh bhoys! thought id venture on again see how everyone was doing.

Havent touched fm in a while, just decided to start an Elgin City game there for randomness.

Threads went really really quiet now guys, i suppose i will have to participate again to get the GREATEST CLUB THREAD on the go again :D

Alright lads, back on after a while, decided I wanted to start a new game with the 10.3 Update with Celtic. Was just wondering with only having a £2.5 million transfer budget for the first couple of months are there any good players you would recommend I sign? Even better if you could get them on freebies.

Cheers ;)

I'm also back :D

Was playing through my boro game and saw mowbray had quit to take over liverpool after 3 and a half seasons and got offered the job.

His Squad:

Boruc

Zaluska

Mattioni

Morganella

Vlaar

Vertonghen

Pasanen

Loovens

Wallace

Dixon

N'Guemo

Ledley

Leadbitter( My signing)

Maloney

Mcgeady

Khazri

Scocco

Driver

Deneux (regen)

Novikovas

Fortune

Sammy

Griffiths (my signing)

Rasmussen

The man spent 70M net in 3 years

I'm lining up atm

Boruc

Mattioni

Vertonghen

Vlaar

Wallace

N'guemo

Leadbitter

Khazri

Mcgeady

Driver/Maloney

Griffiths

sounds like mogga wanted to build a mini paradise at anfield lol least he would of heard you'll never walk alone a lot lol

I doubt he'll last long at anfield tbh :D

23jlilz.png

that's with Gerrard, Torres, Reina, Masch, Momo Sissoko and some other quality players:D

How much does this i still love this game. It still keeps throwing new stuff that makes me cheer out loud lol. Got Lukaku in my team and am currently in 2015 and after 145 games for celtic, hes off to real madrid on a free after signing a pre contract with them. As much as i hate to leave him he done me proud and we got a lot of great new young strikers coming through and ready to take his mantle. And on the last game of his celtic career against rangers in the scottish cup final he scored his 100 goal for cetlic. Was so over the moon. What an end :D

So i started a season with the lads in green and white..lined up some nice bids for McGeady to finance a bit of an overhaul ( i use Mr Hough's classic tactics with a couple minor tweaks, and so McGeady isnt a necessity for me). 1st pre season friendly and he tears a hammy, out for 4 months so thats about 12-15 mill i cant count on in this window...

Im starting on 10.3, so McManus is at Mbro, and Caldwell is long gone, trying to raise enough money to get in Otamendi and maybe Forren for CB. I picked up Abubakari Yakubu on a free so i may sell Hinkel in order to squeeze a few more bargains in, but really dont want to. I snapped up Alex Smithies and have Boruc tutoring him so hopefully that will pay off somewhere along the line. I also need to sort out a box to box mid and a ball winning mid combo, both Maloney and McGeady are injured so im rotating people out with Brown atm to find the best combo.

I bloody love Celtic on FM. By far one of my favourite teams to manage. Probably because it's easier. Into my 3rd season, won the league both, scottish cup once and the scottish league cup once. Havn't done too well in the Champions League though, Valencia knocked me out 2-1 on agg, in my second season. Im in my 3rd season and went straight into the group stages along with Porto, Napoli and Dinamo. Managed to beat Dinamo 1-0 away from home aswell which was good! :D Currently 1st in the league with Rangers, both of us have 15 points with winning every game! I didn't recieve any transfers in the first season, mainly sorted them out after the january window, managed to get in an intake of 20m; selling rasmusson, sammaras, slane, rogne, fortune, mcourt, brown, hoovfield, loovens and ki-sung yong. spent 64m, some of it over 48 months but hey :) bought the following in: Neymar, Otamendi, Hutton, Tosic, Diaby, Briand, Zaki, Bartley, Kacar, Bentley, Jo, Shelvey, Henrique, Djourou and Delph. This season, I have toned down a bit on the transfers, selling 6 and bringing in the same. Sold Zaki for 4.5m after getting him for free :) O'dea because he was unwanted, Boruc. big mistake for 5m to Inter. Briand went for 4.9 also after getting him for free. maloney went, he was good for me but wouldn't get played. and caddis because he wouldn't get played either. I bought in Benitez from B'ham, he was transfer listed by request, got 24 goals so snapped him up for 6m. got Feghouli for free, Kolarov has been outstanding, got 3 goals in 5 games all from free-kicks. vela has also been doing v well next to jo, getting 6 assists in 5 games, each for jo. also scored my winner against dinamo :D and because of boruc going, i was in a rush of getting a decent keeper, got de gea from athletico madrid for 11m. also got another keeper from another club but cnt remember his name, he's bad anyhow.

My team:

GK - De Gae/De Gae

LB - Kolarov/Misun

CB- Otamendi/Djourou

CB- Henrique/Bartley

RB- Hutton/Wilson

CDM/CM - Kacar/Diaby

LM- Tosic/Delph

RM- Bentley/Feghouli

CAM- McGeady/Shelvey

ST-Vela/Benitez

ST-Jo/Neymar

I got offered Dzeko for 13.25m, but Leverkusen got him. Also, Neuer has been transfer listed for ages but i cant get him. 6m is cheap but he just doesnt want to join. I have 17m and 76k wage budget, if anybody can improve my squad would be great I think you will agree I need another keeper, but I don't know who do get. zaluska went on a free.

Alright lhads, how we all doing?

First time in ages I've felt like playing FM and I can't get it working!

When i press play or double-click the screen flashes up for a second then disappears.

Any ideas on how to fix it? Tried re-installing but to no avail, very frustrating.

i decided to do a save with celtic

transfer window has just closed

i made it to group stages but been given a horrible group that puts me in with real madrid and ac milan games im not looking foward to and only notable team i beat to get to group stages was panathinikos

and have so far won 2 drawn 1 in scottish premier league

transfers-out

mark brown -£300k

paul caddis-£1 million

giorgos samaras-£2.1 million

zheng zhi £200k loan fee

lee naylor £1.5 million

thomas rogne-£550k

pat mccourt-£1.5 millon

transfers in

rafael toloi-£4.5 million

nuno assis-£3.5 million

Started a game, will post screenshots and more info in the morning, but I have just beaten Atletico Madrid 3-0 to win 3-2 on aggregate to put myself into the Champions League semi final! :D Bring on Barca :)

Quite an achievement for first season, seeing as I am top by 6 points with game in hand over Rangers, with also a Scottish Cup semi against Motherwell too, is there a treble on the horizon! ;) Going to sleep a happy boy :)

I'm currently starting up a Celtic game on FM09 just for a little break from Fm10. I am going to be trying to use a 3-5-2 system which is loosely based on the Bhoys from Seville, with wingers instead of wing backs. I'd be very interested in your tips and suggestions for using such a formation successfully!

I will be updating on the smaller FM forum FM Chat in the All Nighter thread. It's a close nit community so far but it is definately one of the friendliest communities I have ever been a part of and full of knowledgeable members but a few more won't harm eh? :D

• 2 weeks later...
Alright lhads, how we all doing?

First time in ages I've felt like playing FM and I can't get it working!

When i press play or double-click the screen flashes up for a second then disappears.

Any ideas on how to fix it? Tried re-installing but to no avail, very frustrating.

Yo my friends, things are good and you?

Same as me first time in ages ive felt like playing fm, so i reloaded it then started with Celtic with a Signing off British only policy from the 2nd season in with a view to going all Scottish!!

As for your problem, try recovering ure pc to a previous date, if not then google it mate, thats all ive got on that!!

And to everyone else in the thread, IM BACK!!!!!!!! so hola me amigos :)

Alrite guys so heres a mid season update!

Transfers in:

Milos Ninkovic 1.7 mil

Illisua Shilla free - waste of time, couldnt get a work permit so will sell on !

Transfers out:

Lee Naylor - 1.5 mil

Niall McGinn - 100k

Andreas Hinkel - 3.5 mil

Koki Mizuno - 40 k

Future transfers:

Christophe Berra - 6 mil

Chris McQuade - 275k

Sean Welsh - 525k

CL qualifying rounds:

Celtic 2-0 Dinamo Moscow

Celtic 5-3 Panathanaikos

CL group:

Celtic 13 pts

CSKA 9 pts

Sevilla 5 pts

BATE 4 pts

Now BATE took a draw of me, and yet i beat Sevilla twice :(

1st: Knockout Round

Celtic vs Bayern Munich

League:

Rangers 1st - P15 37 PTS

Celtic 2nd - P15 34 PTS

Hibernian 3rd - P15 30 PTS

Rangers are only 1st place to to them getting dominated at Ibrox, and then scoring a jammy ass goal on the counter.

So all in all a good season so far, and im still in all domestic cups!

So end of Season 1 and the results are as follows:

Knocked out of the CL by Bayern Munich on away goals :(

Otherwise i won the domestic treble, 13 points clear in the league with 106 goals scored and 29 conceeded finishing on 97 points.

Clean sweep in all Awards in the SPL, Keane ending up top goalscored on 28, but Diomansy Kamara finishes top goalscorer on 39!!

Im going to try and keep in with my Domestic only policy with a view to going to all Scottish, just need to see..

Ive just started up a Celtic save on 10.0.3 but with updated summer transfers (for example no Keane on loan).

With not much experience of Celtic what formation/starting lineup should i be looking at?

My initial idea was a 4-2-3-1 with 2 sitting CM's an AM and 2 pacey wingers. My only sticking point is that i was worried about scoring with just 1 up top.

I too started with update. I play 442 with mcgeady and maloney on wings. I got in luca toni and ricardo olivira on frees and wow they can't stop scoring. Also bought Annan 2.5m and enyeama 900k. The basic team is pretty good so no need for major changes. If you have anything spare socttish youth Is something to look at

Ive just started up a Celtic save on 10.0.3 but with updated summer transfers (for example no Keane on loan).

With not much experience of Celtic what formation/starting lineup should i be looking at?

My initial idea was a 4-2-3-1 with 2 sitting CM's an AM and 2 pacey wingers. My only sticking point is that i was worried about scoring with just 1 up top.

Grab Martin Petrov and Riquelme on frees if you can.

also get in a free striker IE Toni or Oliveira for the goals :thup:

Ok i'm back after a while lol . I am still playing the different set up with a 16 team league so only 30 games . Won the treble again but frustrated again in the Champions league . Got knocked out 5-4 on pens by Benfica in the quarters after drawing 1-1 in both games . Boruc dropped a clanger at Parkhead to let them score so i have dropped him and will probably sell him . Just beat Rangers 4-2 in the Scottish Cup Final aet despite Dougie McDonald sending off Annan and basicaly giving them everything . McGregor also had a couple of Rob Green moments :)

Won the league by 27 points from Hearts with Rangers finishing 5th . Won 28 out of 30 games and drew the other 2 .

Have got my squad average down to 23 and have signed some good players .

Got Pjanic coming from Lyon for 12.5m so time to punt McGeady along with Boruc . Got offered Akinfeev for 8m but he turned me down :(

Will post a few screenies soon . I'm off to find some regens ;)

Nice to see the thread picking up some pace again Bhoys :)

Gunner4eva - you cant beat a 4-4-2 in the spl with a mcd, mca, fcd, fca combo, although personally i line up 4-1-2-3, others have had varying success with different formations, 4-4-2 is ure best bet if ure unsure though :thup:

Will get on 2morrow, starting a 12 hour shift soon lol :(

Nice to see the thread picking up some pace again Bhoys :)

Gunner4eva - you cant beat a 4-4-2 in the spl with a mcd, mca, fcd, fca combo, although personally i line up 4-1-2-3, others have had varying success with different formations, 4-4-2 is ure best bet if ure unsure though :thup:

Will get on 2morrow, starting a 12 hour shift soon lol :(

Maloney left, Mcgeady right

Maloney Inside Forward ftw :thup:

Interest in playing with Celtic probably dropped because of the season, how you doing Larsson?

I started a new game with Celtic, hoping to keep this going through the summer.

Aim is to win with youth, goal is to have an all-Scottish squad after three transfer windows, so really just the one season.

Will post up transfers soon, probably going to be a lot of them.

So transfers to start moving toward an all-Scottish squad

Out:

Sixteen players including McGeady for £13mill, Hinkel for £3mill, Loovens for £2.5mill and Samaras for £1.9mill

In:

David Goodwillie

Ross McCormack

Graham Dorrans

Paul Hanlon

Mark Ridgers

Christophe Berra

James Morrison

Plus Tom Cairney and Jamie Pollock on loan with a view to buy and Barry Bannan signing in the summer.

Only played two matches against Sparta Prague and won them both 2-0, through to play Sporting now.

Jan 2016 Mid Season Update:

Transfers This Season So Far:

Dave Smith - £1.4 Mill From Raith, Young Regen Striker who's looking like a good prospect.

Danny Guthrie - £6 Mill from Birmingham. Allready controling my midfield and looks a very good buy.

Pietro Florini- LOan Fee £675k from Inter. Young Defender who has played handful of games.

James McFadden - Free From EVerton. In his last few years and has struggled for a game and form, Since been realised and has now signed with Falkirk.

Garath Barry - Free from Man City. 34 Years old and still doing a good job, Mainly used as sub but still playing well.

Craig Cathcart - Free from As Saint Etienne. Back up defender who has only played 2 games before i sold him back to Saint Etienne for £2 Million :D

Robbie Keane - Free From Spurs, Back up and beign used to help tutor dave smith, still scored a good few goals though.

Marc Crosas - Loan Fee £500k from Juventus. Again back up for my midfield and doing a good job as cover.

Mario Balotelli - £21 Mill from Inter. After losing my main striker Ian Bradley for 6 months, moved in for mario. He's 39 goals for 39 caps. And 96 goals in 163 games for inter. Slow start with us but sure he will come good.

Frode Kristiansen - £1 Mill from Motherwell. Nice regen defender. looks a good prospect.

Current Main Squad:

GK: Westwood/Boruc

DL: Wallace/Mulgrew

DR: Hinkel(Vice Captain)/Florini

DC: O'Dea(club Captain)/Loovens

ML: Ticinovic/McGregor

MR: Slane/Fleming

MC: Guthire/Adu/Barry/Viega

FC: Macheda/Bradley/Balotelli/Smith

Sorry bout this but was bored and thought i'd update u on the spl and the teams and how there are doing. Least it keeps the thread alive lol :p

Current SPL Teams

Am currently top 10 points ahead of rangers.

Rangers - Currently Managed by Ally McCoist, McCoist took over after the club hired Marvin Andrews as manager after Walter Smith Retired in 2012. It was Starvin Marvins first job and he sucked at it. He ended up just making 2nd in his 1st season and had rangers in the bottom part of the table in his second season. He was replaced with ally mccoist as caretaker at the end of 2014 before he was hired at the start of the 2015 season. They club have been taken over but still £23Mill in debt.

Hearts - Still managed by Jim Jeffries but he is due to retire at the end of this season. they have won the scottish cup once in 2014 and there main key player is John Fleck who they signed from rangers in 2010, and he has hit 71 goals in that time.

Hibs - Again still managed by John Hughes and have been one the teams who have been up there with us and rangers the last few years, hasnt really had a lot ok of star players. but seems to be a steady team with hard fighting results.

Aberdeen - Mark McGhee still managing the club they have been building up slowly with sone aluko still being a key player for the club.

Dundee Utd - Peter Houston managing currently and dundee utd seem to be a mid table team as always, they have though produced a couple of good players including my main striker ian bradley and have a few good players there including, wayne routledge, anthony stokes, cameron jerome and a young stiker called jermario from man city who has hit a few past me in the last few games.

Falkirk - Another team managed by the same manager they started with. They have done quite well for themselves and have stayed in top 6 most seasons. They have just signed james mcfadden from me on a free so be interesting to see how he goes.

Inverness caley thsitle: Currently managed by Derek Mcinnes after Terry Butcher left to goto stoke city. They have done quite well in the cups winning the scottish cup in 2012 and been runners up in 2010 as well as runners up in the league cup in 2013.

St Johnstone - Currently managed by Alan Irvine who took over after Derke Mcinnes left to take over caley thsitle. pretty basic team who has spent most of there time in the bottom of the league. no cup finals at all.

Motherwell - Managed by Derek Adams who took over after they club sacked Eddie May in 2015. May had taken over in 2012 after Craig Brown retired. They club has steadly been in the bottom half of the league never really doing much.

Killie - Hirsto Stoichtov is the manager taking over a few weeks ago from cristian Chivu. Chivu took over from Jimmy Calderwood after the club was taken over a tycoon from Quatar in 2015 and the club has been bn stuck in the bottom of the league since. Craig Bryson has been the key player for them even turning down a move to rangers at one point to sign a new contract with the club. Hes been club captain since 2015.

St Mirren - The buddies are rock bottom of the spl and are currently managed by former player Paul Lambert. Lambert took over from Dick Campbell in 2012, Campell took over from Gus Mcpherson who was replaced when the new chairman took over in 2010.

Archived