FM10 Official Newcastle United Thread - Not sponsored by Mike Ashley

John Smith

Just been playing the demo again and i signed Peter Whittingham from Cardiff for £2.2m I think his value was £900k and what a bargain He can play Midfield LRC but I played him as a left winger as he has 15 for crossing. In 10 games he has 6 assits and 3 goals so I will definately be signing him tomorrow on the full game.

peterwhittingham.th.jpg

I also signed Diego Renan for £10m for Cruzeiro I think his value was about £3.5m. He can play D WB M RL and his competent in dmc and he looks like one for the future.

diegorenan.th.jpg

I can't wait for the game tomorrow now I feel like a kid at Christmas.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, any tips on selling the likes of Butt and Geremi? Couldn't get rid of them on the demo.

I couldn't sell them but if you put them on the transfer list and then in the reserves and take the captainacy off Butt you can get them to mutually agree to cancel there contract. Then in the board room adjust your wage/transfer budget.

personally i would suggest that jonas lovenkrads and taylor as well as a few performances from the youngsters is enough cover for this league without wilt*****...

I have decided i am probably not going to make wholesale changes, andrade is my only definite perma buy at present i am in two minds as to whether or not loan out colocinni to be honest

cant wait

I have decided i am probably not going to make wholesale changes, andrade is my only definite perma buy at present i am in two minds as to whether or not loan out colocinni to be honest

cant wait

i think that at least four of the higher wage earners will have to be cut loose in the 1st couple of months in order to deal with the finances- butt and geremi being the most obvious ones and then a straight shoot out b/w smith, colocini, barton and jonas.then shore up the squad(which should be still good enough to get promoted) with loans and frees.

Too drastic??

Started my newcastle game last night on 10.1 and im enjoying it already

signed jordan henderson on loan from sunderland, and john fleck on loan from man city.

i got beat in the league cup second round at home to coventry 2-1.

won 1 drew 3 in the league so far. only scored a handful of goals. but hopefully my fortunes will better over the next couple of games.

i like the new staff meeting feature and player instructions. everyone is changing to improve their game apart from jonas and colo, stubborn argies.

i havn't sold anyone gonna see if i can go to jan and make a few sales then pending my league position.

hopefully should be alright and get taken over.

i'll keep you all posted.

For people saying Wilshere wont come to Newcastle, rest assured I have loaned him. I signed Wilshere and Macheda on loan for a full season at 70% wages.

same here i managed to get wilshere (70% wages) and barazite on loan, to be honest its not that dissimilar from the demo at the mo. have'nt played a league game yet but won all pre season games. this should be a good challenge this year with newcastle.

same here i managed to get wilshere (70% wages) and barazite on loan, to be honest its not that dissimilar from the demo at the mo. have'nt played a league game yet but won all pre season games. this should be a good challenge this year with newcastle.

Careful it doesn't come back and bite you!

I distinctly remember last year on the demo i was top with Newcastle and when the full game came out, it fell to bits. Formation was a complete wash out.

Keep us posted.

I'm updating via Steam as we speak. Then I will take up the challenge of my beloved Newcastle.

The Demo went well, hopefully I can carry it into the full game.

Good luck to everyone. With no money, this is going to be the toughest yet. I will try and offload Butt and Geremi I think. Neither featured for me in the Demo. I may even get rid of Nolan, lets see what happens!

Careful it doesn't come back and bite you!

I distinctly remember last year on the demo i was top with Newcastle and when the full game came out, it fell to bits. Formation was a complete wash out.

Keep us posted.

Thats sort of what happened to me. At the end of the demo I was top by about 2 points. I'm at about the same point now, and I'm 4 points off first with a game in hand, and I've been playing considerably worse. My assumption is that the AI is more in depth in the full game, which means that they figure out your formations quicker. Like, I did better in the in the full game earlier, not losing a game until about november, but now that its falling apart things are really bad.

Also, I don't know if this is a bug, or I'm just doing something wrong, but I've set Jonas's crossing to 'Rarely', yet he'll cross the ball in almost 90% of the time.

who should i sell to generate a bit of cash?

Im trying to get rid of Germi and Butt but i just cant get rid of them? any tips?

I was gonna try and off load Lovenkrands.

Thank god for Butt and Geremi willing to accept mutual terminations!!!

Have bought in Wilshire on loan who has not impressed yet, been in the very low 6's, 6.1 or 6.3 normally, also got insua from liverpool and weiss from city and macheda for 3 months. Signed Cristaldo and Sylivan Wiltord upfront who has scored 5 goals in two starts. Hat Trick on his debut! And he s on a free!!! Bargain!

Thank god for Butt and Geremi willing to accept mutual terminations!!!

Have bought in Wilshire on loan who has not impressed yet, been in the very low 6's, 6.1 or 6.3 normally, also got insua from liverpool and weiss from city and macheda for 3 months. Signed Cristaldo and Sylivan Wiltord upfront who has scored 5 goals in two starts. Hat Trick on his debut! And he s on a free!!! Bargain!

How is Cristaldo playing for you jimmy? :thup: good find by the way. :)

Cristaldo hasnt quite settled as he did in the demo for me, but is playing well, 3 starts and 3 as a sub with a rating of just under 7 with 2 goals. He looks promising though and will no doubt be a great player.

Was wondering what everyone else has done with players such as Ranger? I have loaned him out cause I have brought in better lpayers and he would of only played in Cup games in the early stages and maybe a few sub appearances.

Cristaldo hasnt quite settled as he did in the demo for me, but is playing well, 3 starts and 3 as a sub with a rating of just under 7 with 2 goals. He looks promising though and will no doubt be a great player.

Was wondering what everyone else has done with players such as Ranger? I have loaned him out cause I have brought in better lpayers and he would of only played in Cup games in the early stages and maybe a few sub appearances.

at what point did geremi and butt accept mutual terminations? wont at start for me despite me banishing them to the reserves

got in robert prosinecki as a coach to help with the attacking side decent stats and he still does a bit for croatia on the side.

I have signed Vincent Enyeama for £220k and sent Harper on loan to Villareal who will pay 90 % of his wages. I also signed Sergey Krivets for £1.6m and Iker Muniain for £1.6m. I managed to get Keke on a free from At Madrid.

Andrade, Campbell, Appiah and a few of the other better free transfers turned me down for other clubs.

On loan I signed Wilshere, Merida, Insua and Sambou Yatabare from Caen. Macheda rejected me on the full game .

I have mutually terminated Butt and Geremi's contract.

any ideas how to get shot or geremi and butt john>

thanks

Got rid of Butt by getting rid of his captaincy, transfer listing him, putting him in the reserves and then waiting a week or two. Then he will agree to mutually terminate. I've had no luck with this for Geremi yet.

any ideas how to get shot or geremi and butt john>

thanks

been mentioned in other posts.

for butt i just transfer listed him removed him from captaincy then i continued for a day in the news it came up with butt was unhappy about getting the captaincy took off him then i offered him mutual termination and he accepted

Archived