Career Updates Forum Mini Updates Thread

dafuge

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, this is confusing. All leagues are in the DB, but many teams are missing, and some that are there shouldn't be, according to wikipedia. :(

37 divisions to go through in the 5th tier (assuming 4th tier are all right - only 18 there)

Man, such a difficult call, Juanfran is my record signing and star player in the squad, so he wont be going. Bertoglio is a young player with apparently more potential than Juanfran, so would be hard to ditch him. Will happily sell Fierro, I had him on loan season 1, he got 17 assists, so snapped him up for free, to be a back up, but I forgot to register him (he was injured on day of registry, and as I have unavailable players hidden, didnt assign him a number :()

I think I'll have to pass up the opportunity :(

How can I win 8-2, then lose 2-1 and 3-1 to Hercules and Bilbao :(

Right, Im in mid-September 2010, and I checked out the transfer list, which has given me a dilemma.

If you had Juanfran (who has only just signed), Facundo Bertoglio and Gonzalo Fierro (also recently signed) as your current right wingers, would you sign Diego Perrotti for £4.3m?

Same as dafuge, yes but sell the ones you haven't just bought.

All of that effort to no avail, he rejected my contract (the ******* :D)

Just about scraped a 1-0 win over Valladolid, 77th minute OG saved me.

Starting to get very tempted to head back to Russia for another crack at Rubin.

I assume he's an ex player, and by the look of it, both were long shots or free kicks?

Me and Hersh are rookies in the Career Updates section :p

Freedom for Tooting & Mitcham! - it is all in here but I'll try to summarise it.

My aim was to win a major international competition with only Tooting & Mitcham youth products.

Jon Punal was signed at the age of 15 and nurtured to greatness.

He was the last player sold as we made our final move to all-T&M.

He signed for Man City for £80m at the age of 26.

He scored against us to knock us out of the World Cup in 2050, at the age of 34.

Freedom for Tooting & Mitcham! - it is all in here but I'll try to summarise it.

My aim was to win a major international competition with only Tooting & Mitcham youth products.

Jon Punal was signed at the age of 15 and nurtured to greatness.

He was the last player sold as we made our final move to all-T&M.

He signed for Man City for £80m at the age of 26.

He scored against us to knock us out of the World Cup in 2050, at the age of 34.

Reading through that thread has inspired me to start my first ever proper lower league game.

I am going to start a new game using the level 11 database as Backwell United, a team that plays their games less than 10 minutes from my house, in the English Somerset County League Premier Division (level 11).

I have never had a lower league game before as the terrible players just annoy me but I am determined to stick with this one.

Reading through that thread has inspired me to start my first ever proper lower league game.

I am going to start a new game using the level 11 database as Backwell United, a team that plays their games less than 10 minutes from my house, in the English Somerset County League Premier Division (level 11).

I have never had a lower league game before as the terrible players just annoy me but I am determined to stick with this one.

Best of luck then :thup:

Just recently beat Lyon in the CL semifinals with my Udinese team in 2014. 1-1 at home while being pretty much outplayed, away leg my LB Bocchetti gets red carded after after 18 mins. Game over, i thought..=(

When final whistle rings Cardozo and my wonderkid regen (born and raised in the U20s) had scored to make it 2-0. =D

Barcelona awaits in final tho.. It stops there, i think.. =( Any hints/tips how to break up their play?

Nearly lost to Malaga of all teams. They scored with their only shot on target half way through the first half, and about ten minutes later, Pedro got sent off. Entered half time one zero, gave the team the team talk, and around 60 minutes in, Ibrahimovic equalized. Then, 76 minutes in, Messi scored to make it 2-1, and in stoppage time, Henry secured the result with a placed shot.

The commentator said 'Guardiola's boys never looked like losing' at the end of the game, and that made me angry, since I was as nervous as hell at half time.

EDIT: Forgot, their goalkeeper was MotM

I (Udinese) ran over Barca in the 2014 CL final (despite missing four key players) but couldnt convert. Lost 1-0 to a crappy Pique header from 2 yards making up their only scoring chance, due to a mistake by my 18 year old rookie defender who had to step in =(. Valdes had 7.5 rating while my gk was at 6.4.. FM sucks atm...

Best of luck then :thup:

How come you chose Tooting & Mitcham?

Are they a local team to you?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Managed to beat Real Madrid in the Champions League Final 3-1 using a neat little counter attack tactic. They dominated the game but we were just to good on the counter.

Also managed a 5th consecutive EPL title. But still have not won a FA Cup.

It's a new season now and I'm about 7 games in.

Just played my 500th overall game. But I've got £870,000 for wages left along with about £68million to spend.

My squad however is beastly. And I recieved a 193 PA regen from my youth academy recently, my youth facilities aren't even at max quality yet.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone help me with this question though, "If I set a league to 'view only' then do I recieve regens from that country or what effect will it serve within my game?"

This doesn't make any sense.

My regens with PA's of 200 are rated at levels that aren't accurate.

One of my Central defender regens potential is some way off reaching the level of Monti, my central defender with 199 PA. How can someone with a PA higher than them be some way off having the potential to be better than them?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can someone search for Alemao Jiminiano on their game and see if he exists?

Someone on a different forum is convinced he isn't a regen yet I am. He looks pure quality though.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My god Pjanic just headed the ball blatently into his own net from a corner... He was facing the wrong direction

This doesn't make any sense.

My regens with PA's of 200 are rated at levels that aren't accurate.

One of my Central defender regens potential is some way off reaching the level of Monti, my central defender with 199 PA. How can someone with a PA higher than them be some way off having the potential to be better than them?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can someone search for Alemao Jiminiano on their game and see if he exists?

Someone on a different forum is convinced he isn't a regen yet I am. He looks pure quality though.

I've also noticed the scouts might be off a bit. Tho i'm not using any scouts or whatever to find out their PA most of my young promising players stop developing at like 18 according to my ass. manager, yet their continuing to develop nicely.

Couldn't find that player u were talking bout either, btw..

Archived