• English Premier Division Data [Discussion]

Kyle Brown
    • Public Status: Announcement Files Uploaded: None

This thread is to be used for discussion on the English Premier Division.

We understand that some data is subjective, so this thread should be used for discussing any data that you are concerned about or have an opinion on, that might not be considered as a bug.

Please be respectful to others opinions and try to keep discussion friendly and productive.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

18 hours ago, guntz23 said:

I think Tottenham are too underpowered compared to how well they're doing in real life.

I've run 5 simulations and 4 times they finished outside of the top 10.

Perhaps Big Ange is a much better manager than you. 😀

• SI Staff
    On 20/10/2023 at 08:03, Velibor said:

Couple of Fulham issues:

Luke Harris - his height is 177 cm (https://www.transfermarkt.com/luke-harris/profil/spieler/817612).

Andreas Pereira - I believe he is a better dribbler and passer of the ball in real life than in the game (only 12 for dribbling and passing on BETA, I dont think he warrants such a downgrade from FM23).

Bobby Decordova-Read - his main positions are AMRLC and he can occasionaly cover at RB and WBR so lower his RB and WBR marks (10 or lower perhaps).

Harrison Reed -  I know most sites present his height as 181 cm but eye test tells us he is much shorter. https://www.reddit.com/r/fulhamfc/comments/15xu180/is_reed_adding_4_inches_to_his_height/

Nathan Gardiner is no longer at the club, Goncalo Pedro is a fitness coach in the Fulham staff.

Thanks @Velibor

Luke Harris - I will amend that in the database.

Andreas Pereira - Fulham researcher is happy with his evaluation: " His performances declined towards the end of last season and, especially with the signing of Alex Iwobi, he's no longer an automatic starter."

Bobby Decordova-Reid - "BDR's RB/RWB ability could be moved down yes, but I don't think it's absolutely essential. He played there for 5-10 games last year and did well and has covered there again this season."  We will review again for the winter update.

Harrison Reed - it's true that an eye test suggests that he may not be as tall as 1.81m, but that is what the vast majority of sources state.  It's a tricky one.

Nathan Gardiner and Goncalo Pedro - "I can find no evidence that Nathan Gardiner has departed the club (and his LinkedIn profile suggests he's still there). However, I can confirm that Goncalo Pedro is a fitness coach."

Any changes that we make in the database will be evident in FM in a future update.

Thanks again!

• SI Staff
    On 22/10/2023 at 20:40, kb1000 said:

Missing staff:

Sean Cullen (Head of youth development) Fulham.     It seems like the current HOYD 'Huw Jennings' has got into a role similar to 'Neil Bath' at Chelsea. On the FM24 database Neil bath is now a director.

Fulham FC - Academy Leadership Appointments

Fulham FC - Sean Cullen

Training Ground Guru | Jennings becomes Head of Football Development in Fulham restructure

Training Ground Guru | Fraser promoted to Head of Youth Development & Recruitment by Chelsea

I might be wrong on this one do let me know- thanks team!

Hi @kb1000

Thanks again for your input.

I have looked into this with the Fulham researcher and we will leave Huw Jennings as he is, as Head of Youth Development, in the database.  I will consult with the Chelsea researcher re Bath, as I am not sure that setting him as Director is the most accurate representation (he is not listed at Companies House as a director).

It looks to me that Sean Cullen is working mainly on administrative duties that would not be apparent in FM, so we will not be creating a profile for him, at this point.

Steve Wigley and Huw Jennings will be assigned the FM club responsibilities that go along with running the academy.

Any changes that we make in the database will be evident in a future update.

Weak team seems less discussion.

Bryan Mbeumo,

his the freekick tacker which is quite good. 9 is not reflexing this.

I will give him at lease 13.

Lewis Dunk

His passing skill only 14 , and creativity 13 is not good enough consider his have very good long range pass like TAA. and he is good at break the line with though ball. which should be consider toping EPL defender

you can easily compare in FBREF or other site.

I would give him at lease 16 pass and 16 creativity.

Joachim Andersen: 16,14

VDD: 16, 14

Lisandro Martínez: 15,14

arsenal:

there are multiple report that White and saliba is with great pace. short distance should be martinelli but over long distance should be Saliba and White.

I would rate Accelaration of Martinelli 18, 

William Saliba Pace 17 or 18

Ben White Pace 16 to 17

https://www.arsenal.com/news/statsports-verdict-our-stars-qatar#:~:text=at the back.-,Ben White,37.51 km%2Fh top speed.

compare to multiple report of EPL speed

https://www.goal.com/en/news/fastest-player-premier-league/bltb5e37e414ceeb816

https://www.premierleague.com/news/3545885

3 hours ago, Pete Sottrel said:

Hi @kb1000

Thanks again for your input.

I have looked into this with the Fulham researcher and we will leave Huw Jennings as he is, as Head of Youth Development, in the database.  I will consult with the Chelsea researcher re Bath, as I am not sure that setting him as Director is the most accurate representation (he is not listed at Companies House as a director).

It looks to me that Sean Cullen is working mainly on administrative duties that would not be apparent in FM, so we will not be creating a profile for him, at this point.

Steve Wigley and Huw Jennings will be assigned the FM club responsibilities that go along with running the academy.

Any changes that we make in the database will be evident in a future update.

Thanks Pete- appreciate your response

2 hours ago, bananahk said:

Weak team seems less discussion.

Bryan Mbeumo,

his the freekick tacker which is quite good. 9 is not reflexing this.

I will give him at lease 13.

He's scored one FK in his entire career and that was in Feb 2020, nearly 4 years ago.

On 25/10/2023 at 16:33, ajw10 said:

is it a graphics issue or will it financially impact Arsenal?

does anyone have any sort of clarity on this?

On 24/10/2023 at 15:18, Pete Sottrel said:

Thanks @llama3 - I realise that this is not ideal, but we cannot match exactly the current real life home sock design with the options available to us in the database.

Hi Pete, not sure if there's been a change to the templates, but I was certain there is a single side stripe option...

Arsenal have had a change to season ticket cup matches - now only 3 european group games are included, no FA Cup games. So the number of games included should read 3 for UCL (plus also 3 for UEL and 3 for UECL) and 0 for FA Cup. 

• SI Staff
    12 hours ago, llama3 said:

Arsenal have had a change to season ticket cup matches - now only 3 european group games are included, no FA Cup games. So the number of games included should read 3 for UCL (plus also 3 for UEL and 3 for UECL) and 0 for FA Cup. 

Thanks @llama3 - this one has already been reported.  I have changed it in the database, for a future update.

• SI Staff
    12 hours ago, llama3 said:

Hi Pete, not sure if there's been a change to the templates, but I was certain there is a single side stripe option...

Hmm, you may be right, @llama3 - the one in the database that might do the trick looks like it's on the inside of the leg, but I'll test it and change it if it's the better option.  Thanks again!

Arsenal are missing all records from the results. No record win, defeat etc.

Declan Rice is suspended for the CL and he shouldn't be.

Still none the wiser as to whether Odegaard's transfer instalments is a graphical glitch or if it has a real financial impact.

@Pete Sottrel

Edited by ajw10

2 hours ago, ajw10 said:

Still none the wiser as to whether Odegaard's transfer instalments is a graphical glitch or if it has a real financial impact.

You were told that its something that is under investigation by the coding team, and that a solution will be given. At this point in time, it is a glitch, and, whilst it may have an impact on things in the immediate future, it will also be sorted ASAP.

Forest related things that I've already submitted, but, leaving here so that others will know whats been done so far.

Adam Burrows - joins as First Team Fitness Coach
    Sam Astley - Head of First Team analysis. Will join as an analyst, Steve Rands remains head of Performance Analysis.

4 minutes ago, robterrace said:

You were told that its something that is under investigation by the coding team, and that a solution will be given. At this point in time, it is a glitch, and, whilst it may have an impact on things in the immediate future, it will also be sorted ASAP.

I wasn't told anything.

I just want to know whether it has an actual impact on finances because if it does, I won't play this save :D I'm not asking for info on when it'll be fixed, just what the bug actually impacts.

I don't think I am asking for too much.

Em 25/10/2023 em 14:35, Pete Sottrel disse:

Thanks @Gabos79 - sorry if I am a little confused, but the translation that you have provided says:

"me, my mother and my sister are Porto fans"

Am I missing something?

The interview is from Bruno's brother. That's why in the following sentence it starts with "Bruno".

"[...] me, my mother and my sister are Porto fans, although they now say they are Sporting fans (laughs). Bruno joined Boavista very early on, he was never one to be with FC Porto , Benfica or Sporting."

I don't know how you thought this was a quote from himself

This was just a suggestion, as Mbuemo had a pretty good last season in attacking stats, what is little bit ignored. Ok, he have planty of place to improve beacuese of his PA, but just that finishing is little bit underrated for him.

1 hour ago, HNLFannn said:

This was just a suggestion, as Mbuemo had a pretty good last season in attacking stats, what is little bit ignored. Ok, he have planty of place to improve beacuese of his PA, but just that finishing is little bit underrated for him.

It's not going to be changed before release no matter how many threads it's posted in, but will be reviewed ahead of the winter update.

Declan Rice is suspended for my first 2 x UCL games - he hasn't had any kind of carry over ban from UEL with West Ham in real life... I haven't played a UCL game yet for him to pick up a card

12 hours ago, Pete Sottrel said:

Hmm, you may be right, @llama3 - the one in the database that might do the trick looks like it's on the inside of the leg, but I'll test it and change it if it's the better option.  Thanks again!

Ace Pete, thanks you guys doing a superb job. :hammer: