• Created people do not appear in game

Trevor L.
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

I added some people to my game using the pre game editor and when I start a game they do not appear. I have attached my file, hopefully you can fix the issue

Trevor L.

Trev1.fmf

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I have the same problem....however, I tried activating and unclicking a combination of third party downloaded mods/fixes and I see that may be the culprit.  Maybe the fix is something we can do on the user end?....I've never used the "merge database" function on the pre-game editor, after all...

2 hours ago, YankeeMofo said:

I have the same problem....however, I tried activating and unclicking a combination of third party downloaded mods/fixes and I see that may be the culprit.  Maybe the fix is something we can do on the user end?....I've never used the "merge database" function on the pre-game editor, after all...

Was this one in particular, or all of them?

7 hours ago, YankeeMofo said:

Did merging the database work?

2 hours ago, oblongata21 said:

Did merging the database work?

I tried merging but it didn't seem to have any effect on my problems, both in game and in life generally :P

I believe this might be related to an issue I've come across, wherein you cannot start a game with two separate files containing person edits.

If you start a new game just with file A, it'll work. If you run it with just file B, it'll work. If you start it with file A and B, it will only display the person edits in file A once the save is started. If you load the pre-game editor, load file A and merge file B into it, then it'll show in the editor just fine but start a new game and only the person edits from the original file A.

I'll post further about this later but fair to say, it's not exactly ideal...

1 minute ago, Mons said:

I believe this might be related to an issue I've come across, wherein you cannot start a game with two separate files containing person edits.

If you start a new game just with file A, it'll work. If you run it with just file B, it'll work. If you start it with file A and B, it will only display the person edits in file A once the save is started. If you load the pre-game editor, load file A and merge file B into it, then it'll show in the editor just fine but start a new game and only the person edits from the original file A.

Not seeing that here unfortunately. Got two files, each with created people in and neither show in-game. 

9 minutes ago, metal_guitarist said:

Not seeing that here unfortunately. Got two files, each with created people in and neither show in-game. 

sure you don't have extra add-ons including players/staff/.....media files, DB locked staff (eg Ajax)...

2 hours ago, metal_guitarist said:

The files I'm talking about were created using older version of the editor and last verified with the FM21 editor, so that might well be the reason. Let me investigate further.

Yeah, it definitely was a third party data file issue for me.  I simply downloaded a different site's version/edition of a similar data file, unchecked the offending files at start up, and was able to get the new data and created staff together.

If the case is to do with other data files then it's very odd. I've had mutiple files in past FM games and not had any issues with loading all of them!

Waiting on the official comment from SI on what's going on to see if that's the case from now on!

9 hours ago, Mons said:

This  worked for me , but i needed to sacrific  one file i wanted to use also  for it. Your: Ajax.Staff file. :(

But if i remember right now. In the begining of the FM22 launch  everthing  was worked fine with combined files (Including created Players/Non-Players).

Thanks for your investegation!

Hope SI fix this soon. 

Edited by LARS

• SI Staff

Thanks for raising this issue guys. 

We are aware of this and it is under investigation. 

As a workaround in the meantime, the issue only seems to appear when the person IS NOT assigned to a club so if you assign them to a club, they should appear. If this is not the case, please let us know. 

Cheers,

Luke

3 hours ago, Luke Hume said:

As a workaround in the meantime, the issue only seems to appear when the person IS NOT assigned to a club so if you assign them to a club, they should appear. If this is not the case, please let us know. 

Cheers,

Luke

mine were all assigned to teams, staff in one file, other file were players.

Il y a 9 heures, Luke Hume a dit :

Cheers,

Luke

No, it cant work.

It work when there is only one file edit person. When there are two files edit person, it dont work.

Edited by lvlichel

15 hours ago, Luke Hume said:

Cheers,

Luke

I have created players assigned to clubs and am also only loading one file.  Players appear on some clubs (in my created top division) and not on other clubs (in my created second division). 

I can vouch for this - same problem. The created team I built in the pre-game editor shows up just fine as do the stadium and training ground, however the players and non-players assigned to the team do not appear when choosing a club to manage. I opted on hoping they would appear at game start and simmed on about a week or so but to no avail.

I also have multiple editor files run, and tried deselecting some as trial and error to see if one was the culprit but issue kept repeating.

Hopefully we get a resolution soon!

I had been fiddling about with my various files and I found that when I merged every single editor file I was using into 1 file (I used my most recent edit file for it). In the game I then loaded just the 1 file and everything worked, all the correct edits and people were added to the game.

It seems to be as has been previously suggested that certain files override the following files depending on load order or whatever so the act of combining them seems to avoid it. 

Worth a go if you want to try get playing with your changes before a fix is released.

Having the same problem here too and the created players and staff I have made were all assigned a club. Just wondering if the problem might lie in the OS of the computer (I'm on mac running Big Sur)...