Fm 09: Parent & Feeder Clubs.

king_karl

I've noticed many "Who should i choose for my feeder club" Threads popping up so i thought i'de take the liberty of creating a thread for those posts.

Use this format please.

Your Club:

Feeder Or Parent (Clubs being offered):

Options:

Currently Feeder/Parent teams (optional):

Simply format, post away :)

• 3 weeks later...

I think this is a good idea and it should be in the Links Thread:

Your Club: Juventus

Looking for: Merchandising Feeder

Clubs being offered: New England Revolution, Chicago Fire, Columbus Crew

Options: Merchandising

Currently Feeder/Parent teams (optional): I have a Merchandising feeder from Hong Kong - Club: South China

Season: Start of 3rd

So who should I choose?

Your Club: Leeds United

Feeder Or Parent (Clubs being offered): Parent

Options: Liverpool, Tottenham, Newcastle

Currently Feeder/Parent teams (optional): None of note.

I'm in mid feb of year 1 so there won't be any quality regens, who will have the best players available? Finacially there isn't much between them. Liverpool are the biggest team there, but Newcastle have geographical proximity which seems to be important to the game on these such issues.

Thanks.

liverpool - you can get good players like nemeth, pacheco, derby, plessis (good in game), maybe even pennant and insua who would be fantastic. liverpool would also get better regens at the end of the season so in a couple of years you could have a couple of great 18 year olds in on loan.

newcastle have andy carroll but thats about it.

Thanks Kopsy, I have already managed to get Insua on loan.

Plessis (good in game)??? what is this, he is quality in real life too!

Do you think it matters that Newcastle are 1 place above Liverpool in my game at the moment, with repsect to regens?

Hey,

I asked for a feeder club and the board told me that I can choose the club...

Any recommendations?

Preferably someone with Top training facilities and a bit of a reputation...

So what club shall I choose as my feeder?

Er? There's about 50 + clubs you could choose from, I'd say look in a big league preferably a team that plays in Europe often.

If I pick "choose club" option can I only forge loan options? because whenever I ask for commercial link I get nothing (I only have 1 Chinese club atm), I am checking out some NA sides atm who don't have any commercial links and when I suggest a club does the AI assume I want a loan link and flat out reject me ?

also since all the clubs have contiental reps will they reject me because my Dnipro team is still "National"(played 3 seasons:3 titles, 1 Cup, 1 Euro Cup, 19th at club rankings) ?

Which EPL team shall I choose as my feeder?

Any ideas?

Must be an EPL team...

A team that is in Europe and has good facilities.

Your Club: Hartlepool

Feeder Or Parent (Clubs being offered): Parent Club being offered to me

Options: Reading, Portsmouth, Man Utd

What I want one for: To get good youngsters from the clubs to boost me in Promotion.

Easy choice isnt it

Man Utd, though I'm sure you knew who to pick.

How many feeder clubs should i have, any downside to having too many?

Im Man United and i have 6 at the moment.

Antwerp

Altrincham

Bury

Dundee United

Santos Laguna

DC United

Any benifit of getting more?

id reccommend maybe some commercial links in japan/china, alot of money is possible if you get a few links with them teams, i did it with leeds, i have 3 or 4 commercial link feeder clubs, and i rake the £££ in :D

I got one in August 08, one in May 09, one in August 09

Im now in October 09

Im thinking of canceling Altrincham as all i get is a friendly i think they are a feeder club as the reservs use the training ground

Or Bury who i only get friendly only have them as they are local.

I got one in August 08, one in May 09, one in August 09

Im now in October 09

Im thinking of canceling Altrincham as all i get is a friendly i think they are a feeder club as the reservs use the training ground

Or Bury who i only get friendly only have them as they are local.

i normally get rid of the 'lower' feeder teams, as long as my game goes, as my players tend to refuse to play for them anyway, id try getting rid of one then, and see how you go getting a commercial link, i find chinese deliver the most ££££

is it possible to have 2 commercial links from the same country? ie 2 clubs in China

not sure tbh, might not be able to have two teams from the same division. so if you could probably not worth it(having a lower league chinese team)

i have

liaoning - china

montreal - usa

suwon - south korea

problem is that my board only allows scouting from Europe and suprise suprise China(I doubt it will change too because I have a lot of money and club rep jumped up from national to continental when I won CL and it will still wont change), currently I have 1 club from China and everytime I request another commercial link or select club from Japan/US/SK I get turned down, I get a fishy feeling it is connected to the fact I am only allowed to scout China outside Europe and I have knoweledge of these countries by hiring staff of those nationalities.

has anyone been in the same deadlock?

I really want a English feeder team for Real Madrid, I have Leicster but they're doing horrible after getting relagted from the prem and are now on the verge of being relagted from the Championship. The board allways come back with crap teams that half of my youngsters refuse to go to.

I have Salt Lake (Commercial)

Some Chinese team (Commercial)

Lens (French Team)

Bolgona (sp?) (Italian Team)

Leicster (English team)

I should have picked Hull over them, cos Hull are flying now. Mid table in the prem league. Should I cancel the link and just hope my board come back with a new english team?

I'd say Toronto.

Managed to get Birmingham as a Feeder by chosing them manually, after failing 4 times previously choosing other teams. Pretty good, all my youngsters dont mind going to them and my youth will probably keep them in the Premier league aswell, happy days.

how do u find out how much money you will get from them

You will get a message with the possible clubs. You click on recommend affiliate and then you go through them by selecting each one. The details change at the bottom and the amount of money is visible and changes depending on each club you select. :thup:

By the way I assume you mean parent clubs. You don't get money from feeder clubs, instead you pay them.

Archived