Luton

(Capacity: 10,260)

Chairman Nick Owen

Manager Mick Harford

League League Two

2007-08 League One, 24th

(relegated)

Rivals : Only one real one our friends down the m1 Watford

Also built up a bit of banter over the years with QP,HA,HA , Brentford & Plymouth

Squad

1 GK Dean Brill

2 DF Claude Gnakpa

3 DF Sol Davis

4 MF Keith Keane

5 DF Ian Roper

6 DF George Pilkington

7 MF Garreth O'Connor

8 MF Kevin Nicholls (captain)

10 FW Ryan Charles

11 MF Lewis Emanuel

12 DF Harry Worley (on loan from Leicester City)

14 MF Asa Hall

15 DF Ed Asafu-Adjaye

16 MF Rossi Jarvis

17 MF Kevin Watson

18 FW Chris Martin (on loan from Norwich City)

19 FW Drew Talbot

20 DF Michael Spillane (on loan from Norwich City)

21 GK Conrad Logan (on loan from Leicester City)

23 FW Wayne Andrews

24 FW Tom Craddock (on loan from Middlesbrough)

25 DF George Beavan

28 FW Paul McVeigh

29 FW Jordan Patrick

30 MF Mark Farthing

33 DF Jake Howells

36 GK Aaron Fletcher

40 FW Scott Sinclair

Expectaions & Money Available

The board think your down (IRL we will be !! ) you dont get any extra money no matter what you do !!

What to do with the squad & Best players available

Well for myself ive been selling Sam Parkin for £200 k and giving free transfers to Sol Davis and Paul McVeigh this will leave the bank balance ok and free up £10 k in wages which can be put to much better use bringing in a few players .

Squad wise i would look to bring in a Ml a ST and a creative CM So your starting line up will look like this

Gk Logan

DR Gnapka

Dl Emanuel

DC Roper

DC Pilkington

MR O'Conner

ML ?

MC Nico (cap)

MC ?

ST Martin

ST ?

The rest of the squad is good enough for the league so its down to what magic you can weave to who you bring in .

Ive gone for Chris Dickson for a free plus 45% sell on from Charlton he is getting a good few goals , I will wait till the full version is out to have a good scout around for more players .

good luck and up the Hatters

yeah edit first post with a badge aswell and make it like the other team threads and this one will be busy as hell i reckon! Luton being the closest team to me will be one i will play even having Watford as my 2nd team it will be fun trying to scrape back those 30 points!

Just started a game as the Hatters. Thinking of selling Parkin too, really need a good left winger and someone to play alongside Nico.

Tried to get super Tom Craddock on loan, but he won't come, very annoying.

IRL will be at the Daggers game today, up the Town!

I'm only 5 league games in, but I can already tell this is going to be much more of a struggle than I thought. Much like in real life, just don't seem to be able to create much going forward. Wish Tom Craddock would come on loan to me, but he keeps refusing. Need Drew Talbot back quick! Been knocked out of the Carling Cup and JPT too, not that I'm too bothered by either.

I haven't got the game yet but based on the demo and what people have been saying the main things needed are a left winger and another striker. I managed to get Lansbury (Midfielder) on loan from Arsenal on the demo and Zakuani (DC) from Fulham. I'd flog McVeigh and as people have been saying Parkin, that should generate a bit of cash.

Got Stuart Fleetwood on a free, scoring a goal ever other game. Also signed a 35 yr old LM called Junior. Hes doing a job. Got rid of all the loan players (As they were each receiving £600 or so a week) and brought in Kieren Mckenna, Ronald Huth, Freddie (Fred) Sears on 3 month loans. Also brought in zukani (sp) on loan for the season. If you can make the money from sales, buy binya. 190k and will come, just a case of gettting the money! Also Jay simpson is a good shout on loan. I'm just coming out the other side of christams, and i'm out the relegation zone with Fowler and Leon Clarke on their way in on Jan 1st. Will let you know if they do any good. Would reccommend getting a goalscorer from somewhere as Luton are quite tight at the back. If you do your laughing

Im playing as Luton aswell. I have brought in the following players all were for free:

Bruno N'Gotty

Zakuani (loan)

Dean Bowditch

Carl Ikeme

Denes Rosa

Junior (the 35 y old mentioned above)

Ronald Huth (loan)

Zoumana Bakayoko

Yenal Tuncer (brilliant left winger)

Vincent Pericard (loan)

Koki Mizuno

Serkan Calik (superb right winger or striker)

Miguel Rebosio

Chris Neal

Craig Logan (brilliant gk)

I am in march and out of the relegation zone in 21st position with 36 points. Sam Parkin is a brilliant goalscorer has got 18 goals so far. Im unbeaten in 14 games so far. At the beginning of the season I couldnt win in 8 games but once the players settled in and the tactics were set I have been on a great run. Its such a great challenge. Also George Pilkington has been a solid defender, great in both central and right positions.

Just started this the other day and god it's hard. I have released no-one but got a few loans in but managed to get to -14 at the moment after a good run. Just got thrashed by Rochdale 5-0 which de flated me a little but come the jan transfer window, it's out with the old and in with the new. The thing that has not helped is all my best players got injuried just as I went on a 5 match unbeaten run then it was back to normal but I will not quit come what may.

I have just finished the season. Final position was 12th in the league with 59 points. I was 8 points off the play off position and also with this form I would have finished 2nd with 89 points if it wasnt for the minus 30 points. League leaders Rochdale finished with 90 points and 2nd place Bury had 83. I won 26 games this was the most in the league joint with Rochdale. I believe I have had a very successful season. I will be watching out for Luton games IRL this season to see how they get on.

Hello campers , Well ive spent the last few days having a look about trying different tactics and seeing what i think will work . Ive started a new game as Luton with a few leagues running .

On the transfer front ive given free transfers to , andrew,davis,mcveigh to free up some much needed money. i tried to ask to much for parkin and its looking like ive been stuck with him !! lesson to you there .

i have done well imho bringing in

dickson from charlton : free

junior from sao paulo : free

anatoly gerk from saturn : free

lansbury from arsenal : season long loan

slusarki from wba : season long loan

i am just into august and so far i am out of both cups and i have played 5 won 2 lost 2 and drawn 1 , I am playing some lovely football but keep letting goals in late on ! something i will have to sort but i think the team needs to gel more tbh .

I started the season in a basic 4-4-2 formation but was conceding too many goals so I put a DMC in front of the defence and Ive been playing brilliantly.

Just started the 2nd season will get them promoted this season and my aim is to get them into the Premiership in 3 years.

Well, it's November and I am at -4 points now in 23rd postion and only 7 points behind Rotherham so the Miracle is on. I play a 4-1-2-1-2 formation and tweak for every game. If it was not for the minus 30 point deduction then I would be 4th. Roll on the Jan transfer window though and new loans as well as I need a good striker,att midfielder and centre half.

Well, it's November and I am at -4 points now in 23rd postion and only 7 points behind Rotherham so the Miracle is on. I play a 4-1-2-1-2 formation and tweak for every game. If it was not for the minus 30 point deduction then I would be 4th. Roll on the Jan transfer window though and new loans as well as I need a good striker,att midfielder and centre half.

How do you play your midfielders? out wide or narrow?

Its a miracle !! Ive done it last game of the season in a tight league i won and finished 5 . This gave me a play off vrs Shrewsbury who beat me 3-2 at the pro star and ended by 25 match unbeaten run . I got them back to the kenilworth and beat them 2-0 alltough i lost Nico to another injury (he will be sold close season spends to long out ) . Onto the final vrs Port Vale and we beat them 3-0 so its league one here i come .

I think the trasfer i brought in at the january window made a big difference .

Robbie Fowler : Free

E Delgado : Free transfer

Rebosio : Free transfer

Cevasco : Free transfer

Duirgurd : Free transfer

Fowler was useless for me. So was Dean Windass. Clarke is either majestic or appauling! Wouldn't recommend unless you are planning to play them every week to get their fitness levels up.

Not sure if he is a second gen player. but in Jan of my second season, i snaffled up a argentinian (Wp don't know how!) called Villalba. Pure Class. Put several defenses to the sword and has bagged 9 in 12

Finished 18th in first season, and sitting top on goal difference after 8 games of second season. Signed Danny Webber on a free and is banging them in. Got Arsenal as a parent club and they've sent me some of their good youngsters like Merida and Simpson.

I stayed up finishing 18th in my first season.If it was not for the minus 30 points, I would have been in the play-offs.Just starting my friendly's for second season and finishing the squad. Again no transfer budget so it's a mixture of freebies and loans and trying to get back the players I had on loan before as they did me so well.

• 3 weeks later...

Finished 22nd in first season, won FL Trophy,

line-up during the season was usually (442 Diamond):

Brill

Gnakpa/Telfer

N'Gotty

*whichever 3-month long loanee I had got from West Ham (Spence, Eijoyldfsson)

Emmanuel

Nicholls

Keane

*whichever 3-month long loanee I had got from Arsenal/Man Utd (Hewson, Lansbury)

*whichever 3-month long loanee I had got from Arsenal/Man Utd (Kakuta, Pachecho)/ Jari Litmanen

Parkin

Morgan/(used others during the year that came in and out of loan - Hayles/Martin/Sunu)

It looks like a good list and I will try them out, but I also wonder how you got rid of all the players?

I have just started a new game after the new patch and only McVeig is wanted by another club.

Another thing I have noticed is that it's almost impossible to get premier league club players on loan, like Craddock.

Has anyone solved this, how to get the good PL reserves on loan?

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year, all of you.

Still playing in the first season of this months challenge and I think I've found some good free players for Luton.

I picked up a couple of the "well knowns" in the lower league legends thread but here are a few I have not read about.

Koly Kante D/WB/M L much better then what we start with.

Uriel Trustfull DR he is 31 but is good enough for league 1

Leonardo Fernandez GK 13 app 5 allowed. Just what we needed :)

Earlon Windeveld M L/C/R will put in the goals and assists. Perfect back up for League 1 when/if I get promoted.

Archived