FM2009: Fiorentina, home of the Viola's

Cedrik

Fiorentina is imo one of the most interesting teams in FM2009, ok ok, I have to admid I am a fan myself, but I am not being crazy when I say this. The squad is very talented and there is good bit of money on the bank. The big goal is of course to get the team in the top of the Serie A and as well do good in Europe.

snnst3.png

Fullname: ACF Fiorentina SpA

Nickname(s): Viola (Purple) Gigliati (Lilies)

Ground: Stadio Artemio Franchi, Florence, Italy (Capacity: 47,282)

Chairman: Andrea Della Valle

2007-08: 4th

Year founded: 1926

Chairman status: Loves the club

Icons: Francesco Toldo

Legends: Giancarlo Antognani, Manuel Rui Costa, Gabriel Omar Batistuta

Favoured Personnel: Diego Della Valle

Fierce Rivals: Pisa, Juventus, Lazio, AS Roma,

Other Rivals:Siena, Bologna, Atalanta, AC Milan, Internazionale, Empoli

Finances: Rich

Estimated Value: €132

Continental competition: European Champions League

Media Prediction: 5th

Squad Personality: Ambitious

Caption: Dario Dainelli

Vice-Caption: Sebastien Frey

ACF Fiorentina, commonly referred to as simply Fiorentina, is a professional Italian football club from Florence, Tuscany. Founded by a merger in 1926, Fiorentina have played at the top level of Italian football for the majority of their existence; only four clubs have played in more Serie A seasons. After climbing back up the Italian football system in the early 2000s, Fiorentina are currently competing in the 2008–09 Serie A season.

Fiorentina have won Serie A twice, in 1955–56 and again in 1968–69, as well as winning six Coppa Italia trophies. On the European stage Fiorentina won the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup in 1960–61, they finished runners-up in the UEFA Cup 1989–90 and also came close to winning the biggest European prize, finishing as runners-up in the European Cup during 1956–57.

Since 1931 the club have played at the Stadio Artemio Franchi, which currently has a capacity of 47,282. The stadium has used several names over the years and has undergone several renovations. Fiorentina are known widely by the nickname Viola; a reference to their distinctive purple colours.

betptw.png

A full Artemio Franchi

Fiorentina team:

Goalkeepers:

1 GK Sébastien Frey (Vice-captain)

25 GK Vlada Avramov

13 GK Marco Storari (on loan from Milan)

Defenders:

14 DRL Luciano Zauri (on loan from Lazio)

54 DLC Manuel da Costa

19 DL, MLC Massimo Gobbi

15 DC Ondřej Mazuch

2 DC Per Krøldrup

3 DC Dario Dainelli (Captain)

5 DC Alessandro Gamberini

21 D/WBR Gianluca Comotto

23 D/WB/ML Manuel Pasqual

6 D/WB/ML Juan Manuel Vargas

Midfielders:

4 DM, MC Marco Donadel

88 DM, MC Felipe Melo

18 MLC Riccardo Montolivo

34 MLC Nikola Gulan

22 MC Zdravko Kuzmanović

30 MC Sergio Bernardo Almirón (on loan from Juventus)

Wingers:

20 AMRL Martin Jørgensen

17 AMRL Papa Waigo

24 AMR Mario Alberto Santana

7 AMRL Franco Semioli

9 AMLR, ST Pablo Daniel Osvaldo

10 AML, FC Adrian Mutu

8 AMLC, FC Stevan Jovetić

Strikers:

11 ST Alberto Gilardino

28 ST Jefferson

29 ST Giampaolo Pazzini

Out on loan:

ST Samuel Di Carmine (on loan at Q.P.R.)

ST Stefano Del Sante (on loan at Varese)

AM/FC Giacomo Casoli (on loan at Gubbio)

GK Edoardo Pazzagli (on loan at Prato)

ST Arturo Lupoli (on loan at Norwich City)

SW, DC Mateo David Enrique (on loan at Lecco)

ST Matthias Lepiller (on loan at Grasshopper)

Star player:

32852.jpg

Without a doubt is one the biggest names in the team the one of Alberto Gilardino, Gilardino was always considered to be of the greatest talents in Italian football, from the youth of Piacenza he played for Hellas Verona and Parma, at the last he made a amazing couple with Brazilian striker Adriano. In 2004 he won the price for best footballer of the Serie A, best young footballer of the Serie A and in 2005 he was named best Italian footballer. This, and his amazing ability to always score a goal whenever, wherever, gave him a transfer to AC Milan in the summer of 2005 for an astimated value of € 24 million.

In the San Siro he never really broke into the first team, with players as Andriy Shevchenko, Fillipo Inzaghi and later Alexandre Pato in front of him the bench was most of the time his place during the matches. Although as a back-up he came to 94 appearances in his three seasons at Milan. With the returning of Serie A suprise Marco Borrielo and AC Milan-hero Andiry Shevchenko and the rising of future star Alexandre Pato, it was clear Gilardino could search for a new club. In July 2008 Fiorentina signed him for € 13 mil and in Florence he is re-united with Cesare Prandelli, his former manager at Verona and Parma.

Honours:

National titles:

Serie A: 1955–56; 1968–69

Coppa Italia : 1939–40; 1960–61; 1965–66; 1974–75; 1995–96; 2000–01

Supercoppa Italiana: 1996

Europeans titles:

UEFA Champions League: Runners-up 1956–57

UEFA Cup: Runners-up: 1989–90

UEFA Cup Winners' Cup: 1960–61, Runners-up 1961-62

Finances/Transferbudget:

Balance: € 26.49 mil

Profit/Loss: € 12.97 mil +

Season budget: € 8 mil

Transferbudget: € 8 mil

Best Formation:

2ahd5c7.png

Now i know this isn't quite possible in FM, but I just wanted to give you an idea how I think the team will work the best. This is also the way Fiorentina plays IRL. Sometimes Mutu co-operates from the position I put Montolivo in but in FM its the best to play Mutu at AML

Possible buys, weak places in the team:

- A new DC would be welcome as imo Gamberini is the only class centre back

- And maybe a new good D/WR as Zauri is only loaned and Comotto good but not great

Well this is it for now. This is my first clubthread so hope its okay. Are you ready for the challenge? Can you bring the Viola's to the absolute top?

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Great opening post. When the Mac patch arrives, I'm going to start a new game with them. Must be an interesting challenge to fight with Roma, Milan, Inter and Juve for the title (and CL places). Just how good is Lazio, since that'd make Seria A a top 6 fight, which seems better than the EPL situation at the moment.

The quest has started. So far everything looks great, just two long term injuries Mutu and Jovetic. They both should be back in time for the first league match against Genoa.

Transfers, with very limited funds, 8 m Euro

In

Belletti (4,6mil)

Hugo Viana (Loan)

Cáceres (Loan)

Out

Gulan (Loan)

Mazuch (Loan)

Games so far:

FR Prato (A) 6-0

FR Cartagena (A) 8-0

FR Alavés (A) 3-0

FR ADO Den Haag (A) 7-0

ECC Rapid Wien (H) 2-0

FR AZ (A) 3-1

ECC Rapid Wien (A) 2-1

Qualified into Champions Cup group C together with: Porto, Olympiakos and Barcelona

Tactics and a possible starting eleven:

4-3-2-1

Gk Frey

DR Belletti

DL Pasqual

DC Dainelli ©

DC Gamberini

MC(a) Kuzmanovic

MC(d) Donadel

MC(a) Montolvio

AMR Santana

AML Mutu

ST Gilardino

Ok so heres the update, a little later than expected but never mind.

violatransfers1tq1.th.png

transfers 2008

Generally the season went quite well and i was pleased and a little surprised to finish 2nd.

As you can see...table2008ok7.th.png

final serie A table 2008/2009

Juve played really well all season and were nearly unbeatable

classof2008hu4.th.png

class of 2008/2009

Finished in the semis of the cup knocked out by roma and knocked out at 1st knock-out stage of CL beaten by Real Madrid (2-2H 2-3A)

Fernandez won foreign player of the year

Rafinha won young player of the year

Montolivo scored goal of the season, lovely goal to beat atalanta, skinned 3 players before slotting home

I'm currently about 15 games into the 2009/2010 season and am generally pretty happy, brought in some quality players and have at least 1 very promising regen in the U20s. Currently sitting 4th after having a run of mediocre form but still in all comps and within touching distance of the leaders so everything still to play for! :thup:

Kuz played pretty well for me but 20 million was too much to turn down, especially when i could get veloso for 17.5. As for selling mutu, i just don't really like him. Just old fashioned natural irrational prejudice really, plus 25 million was a good price.

Managed to finish off a very eventful 2nd season last night and will post up another update later tonight when i get a min.

Ok so here goes..

After a bit of wheeling and dealing again...

transfers09mv8.th.png

Particularly pleased with Laurito who i brought in to be a prospect for the future and possibly cover for adriano or pazzini and ended up being my best striker by far! He's developed a lot in that season as well, his stats rocketing up so that he looks like this now

fedun1.th.pngthpix.gif

My coaching staff say that he has room to improve still, rating him 4* with a potential of 5*

(on a side note if anyone has a good pic pack for serie A so i can see his mug feel free to PM me)

Anyway, this was by far the tightest and most exciting finish to a virtual season ever. Went into the last game of the season, home against Juve, 1 point behind Inter who were playing Siena away. Due to us winning at home and only drawing away against Inter during the season if we finished on equal points we'd take the title!

In all honesty going into this game i didn't hold much hope of Inter dropping points as they'd been on fire recently with Ibrahimovic banging in goals left right and center! So we kick off and after 23 mins i'm starting to dream, siena score and we're doing well against Juve. 67 of the most painful virtual mins go by, nothing else happened! Siena somehow managed to keep Inter out and we managed to control the game enough against a slightly subdued Juve to clinch the title. Actually if i'm honest i don't really know much about what happened in our game since i spent most of it watching the latest scores roll in and praying!

here's how the table looked after that last game:

table2009nx0.th.png

As you can see it was a pretty close season!

We also managed another narrow victory in the cup where we beat AC Milan on penalties.

In the ECL we were drawn against Real Madrid AGAIN but this time managed to get past them, on penalties again no less before beating Leverkusen and finally being knocked out (and outclassed) by Barca in the semis.

Mati Fernandez won our only player award with Serie A player of the season and yours truely won manager of the season (should think so too!)

So generally i was really pleased with this season, we had a bit of a wobble mid season being unable to put back to back victories together for a while, however we made up for it with some storming form in the run in. The aim for next season is obviously to build on the success of last season and hopefully win the league again (on points this time) and to have another crack at glory in europe.

I've already started the new season so i can give you guys a little insight, this will definately be the first season where my transfers out don't cover my transfers in, expect to hear the splashing of cash soon!

1st season CL i had Chelsea Steaua and Sporting, which is a very nice group really.

2nd season i had Rangers Liverpool and Spartak Moskow

3rd season i had Lyon Shakhtar and Basel.

gradually getting easier as my ranking/seeding improves :D

:-( u are a lucky man, i got that hard group and already lost home against bayern :-(

i wouldn't worry too much, your board only want you to get to 1st knock out stage in 1st season so they won't be too upset if you don't manage to get through group stage. Plus if you can get into the Uefa cup you can do well in that (juve won it on my game 1st season) and that'll up your seeding so you get an easier group 2nd season!

Just finished my first season with La Viola. Very enjoying to get the wage budget under control, good staff in and throw the deadwood out at the start of the game. Sold Kroldrup, Semioli, Jorgensen and Gobbi for a combined 7M euros, and Donadel was sold in the January window for 8M euro to Sunderland, which was an offer I couldn't refuse since he wasn't playing that well.

Brought in Beletti on loan and L. Diarra from Pompey for 7M. Also bought a bright prospect (according to my scouts) from Elche since Fiorentina don't have any really good youth players, and have no club-grown players with enough ability to fill the minimum 4 CL places.

Started playing a 451/433 system which ground out results at the beginning and after my players gelled, showed some really pretty football. It only took about half a year before Gillardino or Pazzini started performing in the ST role. Which in the 2nd half of the season was still a bit hit-and-miss.

Hovered around 3rd/4th place for much of the season, survived the group phases of the Champions League, but Manchester United were too much for me in the first knock-out phase. Around 2/3rd into the season Juve and Milan were slipping up a bit, while I got a very good run of form going on, seeing Fiorentina and Juve fighting it out for the scudetto from game 26 onwards, only being separated by 1-2 points. Finally it was Inter who decided the title race by submitting to Juve, but holding me to a draw. Which, combined with a 3-1 loss away to Genoa saw me finishing 2nd on 2 points from Juventus :(

Next season will be a (nice) struggle. Pazzini will move to Valencia for 15M euros, since he didn't perform for me and as a consequence didn't play that much. The four loan players present in the squad will also move away, so there are a lot of places to be filled in. Already have deals for van der Vaart, Leo Franco and Criscito set up, all at very good prices since they wanted to move.

Will post an update when the transfer window closes.

As with most games, players just get unsettled, or their team have brought in somebody whose performing better in their position. It's always different for each game that you play. So if you can't acquire Diarra, just scout for somebody similair, or try again later.

Also, keep an eye on the transfer list. For example, Van der Vaart seems to not playing at Real a lot of the times, and waiting until the second half of the first season sees his price dropping spectacularly :D

Yeah, i like that about this game, it seems to be quite different every time, actually had the chance to sign ibrahimavic in my 3rd season for £12mill, didn't buy him though. Things are going pretty good, might get my 3rd update up tonight after work. Nice work there heron, 2nd in your 1st season is good going! I found pazzini and gillardinio to be like that as well although having said that all strikers seem to be very "streaky" on this game (for me at least). They seem to go through patches of great form where they look like total beasts and then nothing for 5 or 6 games. The only one i've found who seems to be consistent is Laurito and i think that may be because he's my penalty taker so he gets knocked out of goal droughts by the odd penner.

Well i've modified it a bit over the last 3 seasons but its basically a 3-5-2.

I'm playing 2CB and a sweeper then a holding mid player in front. 2 Fullbacks with quite attacking mentalities, 2CM with quite creative mentalities who get forward and 2 strikers. I have the 2 MC swapping with slightly different settings for passing (so we don't become to predictable) and the 2 strikers swapping with one dropping slightly deeper with more creativity. I toyed with a fixed target man but i didn't like it. I play about average width and tempo too, they were both higher but i think that med with suits wingbacks better as they dont get "lost" so much and the tempo is ideal for serie A.

I think we shouldn't look at the striker's rating as much as in the previous installments. When a striker doesn't score, his rating will be quite low (I don't think I've seen it rising above a 6.5 in those occasions). That said, I've also sold Gillardino after Real Madrid came in for him and unsettled him with two bids. He finally moved to Man City for 20M euros, allowing me to purchase Cardozo from Benfica. He seems to be the prototype of the target man I was looking for, and definitely offers a different option in the striker position to Mutu and Jovetic.

I defo agree ratings aren't that useful, i tend to ignore them for all players, i was more refering to striker's consistency and goals:game ratio. I've only ever had 1 striker so far for Viola above 3:1 games/goals so far and they are usually coming quite far apart. I have 2 young strikers at the mo so i think i'm going to give them some time before i start judging harshly. Maybe

So, the transfer window before the 2nd season has been shut, and there have been some more changes to the team than I wished for.

Players out (total: € 47M)

Pazzini (Valencia) - € 15M

Comotto (Napoli) - € 4M

Gilardino (ManCity) - € 20M

Lupoli, Jefferson, Papa Waigo, Mazuch were offloaded for a combined total of € 8M.

Players in (total: € 57M)

Criscito (Juventus) - € 3,1M

Santon (Inter) - € 5M

Van der Vaart (Real Madrid) - € 2,3M

A. Sanchez (Udinese) - € 8M

Leo Franco (At. Madrid) - free

De la Red (Real Madrid) - € 4,6M

Cardozo (Benfica) - € 16M

Chretien (Monaco) - € 12M

So, all in all I spent 10M euros in this transfer window, which should help to financially stabilize the club. Having brought in 8 new players, I presume the squad gelling will make for another hard season, so I set my goals on Champions League qualification for nxt season and reaching the knock-out stages in this season. I've been drawn with Real Madrid and Liverpool, so that's going to be hard enough ;)

Just another thing I've noticed is that the sale of season tickets has dropped enormously from 21800 last year to 18530 this year. Am I the only one to which this has happened and/or can anyone explain the reasons for this?

I defo agree ratings aren't that useful, i tend to ignore them for all players, i was more refering to striker's consistency and goals:game ratio. I've only ever had 1 striker so far for Viola above 3:1 games/goals so far and they are usually coming quite far apart. I have 2 young strikers at the mo so i think i'm going to give them some time before i start judging harshly. Maybe

In the first season my topscorer was Mutu with 16 goals in all competitions, playing all season from the left wing. Have been winning a lot of games by a one goal margin. But this season Cardozo has already scored 3 in 2 games, so it's probably also a matter of finding the players exactly suited for your tactics :)

Cardozo hasn't been as on fire as in the first couple of games I played. He seems to have trouble to play as a lone striker, at least in my tactic, so halfway though the season, mostly as backup, but also as partner, I brought in Acquafresca, a young Italian who was stuck in the Inter reserves and of which my scouts spoke highly. Being in the reserves, he only cost me € 5M.

He did score 7 times in the league, helping me to finally finish 3rd. Juve walked away with the league, and me, Roma, Udinese, Milan and Inter were fighting a very close battle for the ECL spots. With the number of new players that had to gel in my team this 2nd season, I think this is a very good result.

In the ECL I was kicked out of the group stages by Real Madrid and Liverpool who were just a little bit too good for me. Played very good in the Uefa cup against Spurs, but lost on penalties to them. At leat my board was happy with the performance.

Up to the 3rd season, into which I'll remove the last deadwood from the squad, bring in 2-3 players and will start to bleed some youngsters in who I've been signing in the previous seasons.

Good stuff mate, sounds like things are coming along well for you, time to start challenging for the title i think!

My update is a little delayed as i've been working tons of overtime in the run up to crimbo and haven't had too much free time but i've just started my fourth season tonight and i'll get a propper update of all the comings and goings and so on up soon! KUTGW guys!:thup:

need your help guys.

just over half way through first season (nearing end of jan window) and im doing quite well. still first in league (got annihilated in CL but that didnt bother me) although i've had a lot of draws recently. my main problem is definetly getting a consistent striker next to mutu.

im trying to keep the team as italian as possible but pazzini/gilardino are just terribly inconsistent (gilardino was amazing start of the season, but he's been terrible since). i need to sign a striker, i've got very little cash so i might wait until next season. i don't mind signing a foreigner but my first pick would be italian (dont view this as racist btw, its a challenge for myself to try keep an italian team). i've tried rossi/ballotelli but both are too expensive/dont want to come during this window.

i'd also prefer them being a tall target man type, but with good finishing (cardozo looks great but he might get sold, so id want other ideas and opinions on cardozo/others)

i've bought santon, criscito and co-owned fiorillo.. as well as buying sakho. i sold gobbi and kroldup for a decent price too.

also opinions on any other italians worth getting in any spot really, gk im covered in and defence should be fine for a while too (i might look at santacroce in a few seasons). thanks

@Eleloy I've found that especially for strikers, their ratings will always be rather low if they don't score. When they do score, you can see one's rating immediately being raised by 1.0 point!

So, you've got to see for yourself by their play during the game if the striker is really performing or not, don't take their rating for granted. And I've also found that the individual instructions need to be specifically tailored to the type of striker you're using. FMB's Tactical Theorems and Frameworks document, which can be found in the Tactical forum will give you some very good pointers about that.

Good luck!

right backs fine IMO.. i'm pretty much the exact same as you (i bought cassani though for another person who can play both left/right)

comotto is really not that bad, you should play him a lot. you have an odd formation, i dont like mutu as left wing, (i play jovetic there but not as a traditional winger) mutu got golden boot for me last season so IMO he's a lot more effective as a striker.

you could use a new young keeper, i bought fiorillo about the same time as you, just co-owned for about 2m~. you could buy a new young centreback (maybe santacroce, but he'd cost a lot) and sell kroldup.. as he's dead wood. you can sell pazzini for a lot (i sold him for 14m) and buy a better striker too, i got gignac for 6.5m

@JacketB Your sqaud seems fine for the rest of the season. Keep your money in the pocket, try raising it with the sale of deadwood, like Eleloy says, and try to get some good deals in the 2nd half of the season. There'll be quite a lot of good players who don't get that many games in their first season, and want to leave (which their clubs will allow for knock-down prices).

Just finished 6th in serie a, whole season was a dissapointment, i finished 3rd in my champions league group and then crashed out to portsmouth in the uefa cup 2nd knockout round. Had only enough money for one major signing, £7 mil for matias fernandez, kept out of the playmaker berth by montolivo and the winger berths by kuzmanovic and vargas. Annoyingly inconsistent, summed up by pazzini's goal scoring record in serie a. Played 26 games, scored 14 goals but actually only scored in 7 games in total. Got 3 hattricks, 2 braces and a single goal to beat the eternal rival at the olimico 1-0.

I play 442:

frey gk

zauri dr

pasqual dl

dainelli dc

gamberini dc

kuzmanovic mr

vargas ml

melo mc

montolivo mc

gilardino/mutu/pazzini st

pazzini/mutu/gilardino st

Just finished my 3rd season. Halfway through the season I got some good bids in for Jovetic (who could never impress me) and Santon (which I'd bought for only 5M from Inter). They were sold for 16 and 18M euros respectively, giving me the money to acquire one of Europe's top marksmen. Finally, I managed to bring Kun Aguëro in.

He cost me €56M (over 24 months), but he'll be worth it. In his first half-season he scored 13 times in 22 games, so I'm very curious as to how he'll perform when he's gelled.

Just like last season I won the Italian Cup, but thanks to Aguëro, Cardozo (17 goals) and Acquafresca (27 goals) I also managed to win the league! It was very exciting with some cracking games at the end of the season. Also managed to get in the quarter final of the ECL, where I was beaten by Chelsea on away goals.

Now, some youngsters are knocking on the doors, so the summer will see some oldies go, and the fourth season will be filled with young blood.

violas3endsquadqy4.th.png

violas3endtablela2.th.png

violas3endtransfersux4.th.png

Im midway through second season, wondering whether or not to refresh jorgensen's contract...

i think i need a good AMR/L, barnetta, rosina etc have been sold to roma and inter respectively, semioli i sold to lazio at the beginning of the season.

i have in the positions -

AML - jovetic, osvaldo, jorgensen

AMR - santon, santana

the team is finally starting to pick up again, i got knocked out of Cl group stage again because i got another super group (real madrid and chelsea, i came 3rd by one point) i've got some great regens, a lot of good italians too (like 3-4 quality potential from my academy, fio have got great youth intake) one of them from my academy is touted as the next cassano.

i'm reasonably happy with the team, but i guess i could use improvement. i don't think pasqual is going to sign a new contract because he whinges everytime he doesn't start (i'll play him two games straight, then drop him and he'll moan about first team chances... some kind of bug?) so i might need a new left back, italian preferiably, any ideas?

tl;dr version - I need a good AML/R and maybe a new DL, italian nationality would be preferred

how's this:

Zapata 3.5 (c/o)

Rossi (9) or Balotelli (10) if he wants to come - have not decided yet

Arshavin 15

Di Maria 7

Palombo 12

Diarra 5

Srna 16

ALL IN thanks to 30m for Mutu + 5 for donadel + 4 Kroldrup + 4 for Semioli + 2 for avramov

how much have u been able to sell danielli for?

In the middle of my first season played 23 games and top by one point and only lost one game, and 10 points clear of 3rd. Finished 3rd in CL group of basel sporting and the mancs lost to them 5-3 and 5-4 so uefa cup it is. So far ive made a few changes ive sold

Kuzmanovic 10m

Osvaldo 3.5m

Koldrup 2m

And a few other dead wood. Have bought in

L Diarra 10m + 4m after 24 months

Thiago Silva 4.8m

Radoi 4m

And in Jan

Defour 9.5m

Zucclino or however you spell it 500k

Fred 1.7m

Dan Sturridge on a bosman end of season.

I play 4 1 2 2 1 like this

Frey

Comotto Thiago Silva Gamberini Pasqual

Diarra

Defour/Melo Montolivio

Santanta Mutu

Pazzini/Gilardino

As you can see I have not changed the squad to much, I play the standard team instructions apart from when I play against someone quick and then I make the defence play deeper. Ive set most of the players to individual settings. I don’t score a lot of goals in 23 games ive scored 30 but only conceded 9. So defensively apart from the CL im very good. I can’t see myself winning the league but then again I didn’t think I would be in the top 4 need a decent RB and think I will the league.

In the middle of my first season played 23 games and top by one point and only lost one game, and 10 points clear of 3rd. Finished 3rd in CL group of basel sporting and the mancs lost to them 5-3 and 5-4 so uefa cup it is. So far ive made a few changes ive sold

Kuzmanovic 10m

Osvaldo 3.5m

Koldrup 2m

And a few other dead wood. Have bought in

L Diarra 10m + 4m after 24 months

Thiago Silva 4.8m

Radoi 4m

And in Jan

Defour 9.5m

Zucclino or however you spell it 500k

Fred 1.7m

Dan Sturridge on a bosman end of season.

I play 4 1 2 2 1 like this

Frey

Comotto Thiago Silva Gamberini Pasqual

Diarra

Defour/Melo Montolivio

Santanta Mutu

Pazzini/Gilardino

As you can see I have not changed the squad to much, I play the standard team instructions apart from when I play against someone quick and then I make the defence play deeper. Ive set most of the players to individual settings. I don’t score a lot of goals in 23 games ive scored 30 but only conceded 9. So defensively apart from the CL im very good. I can’t see myself winning the league but then again I didn’t think I would be in the top 4 need a decent RB and think I will the league.

U could have got rid of Mutu for 30m cause although he's quality, not 30m quality and is wasted somewot on Left Wing. 10m for diarra? robbed! got him for 4.4, plus Darijo Srna at RB, and Captain has been my top scorer as i've beaten inter and AC 3-0, juve 3-1, though i did lose 2-0 to Roma - only conceded 4 in the league with this team:

Frey

Srna Zapata Gamberini Vargas

Diarra Palombo

Santan - Arshavin - Di Maria/Jovetic

Pazzini/Gilardino

Archived