FM2009: Fiorentina, home of the Viola's

Cedrik

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok i have just completed my first season in Tuscany and it was in my opinion a very succesful season given the budget available to me. it5 could have gone better but it could also have gone a lot lot worse. The board are satisfied with my preformance as manager and rightly so i was only offered a new contract after Alberto Gilardino came out and said that i should be kept at the club days later i was offered a new 2 year contract phew.

Seire A

The league campaign was a mojor success as at one stage we were 4th and 18 points behind leaders Inter, I think the difference came in January with the insperation from new signing Mirko Vucinic as he gave us that extra bite that was missing and he and Gila formed a lethal partnership, also Simone Pepe provided with on the wings that was lackin. it was away from were we struggled this season as we drew far to many games this is something i will be workin on next season. The season finished with us as Runners up 5 Points behind Inter and 3 points ahead of Juventus. as you can see from the screenshot we had the second best attack and second best defence in the league. Alberto Gilardino was my top scorer.

http://img148.imageshack.us/my.php?image=05032009231818.png

Linking code copied to clipboard

Chapions League

This was a bit of a set back as we didnt even get out of the group. granted it was a tough group but i was bitterly disapointed. we came 3rd so we were still in europe but got knocked out straight away on away goals against Dortmund.

Sebastian Frey was named in the Champions League Team of the Year.

Coppa Italia

This was a cup i ended up taking more serious than i had thought i would and we managed to end the season with a trophy as we beat Inter on penalties after the game ended 0-0 with Adriano fireing in the winning peno.

http://img240.imageshack.us/my.php?image=05032009232007.png

Player Awards

Seire A Player Of The Year = 1st Riccardo Montolivo

3rd Adrian Mutu

Young Player Of The Year

2nd Alberto Paloschi

Defender Of The Year

1st Alesandro Gamberini

Golkeeper Of The Year

2nd Sebastian Frey

Manager Of The Year

2nd Me

We only had two players in the team of the year they were Gamberini and Montolivo

Transfer Targets

Well i have already completed the signing of Bosko Jankovic on a free from Palermo and i have no one in mind yet although Adriano will be sold after a extremly poor season.

Here is a regain i am about to sign could be the new Rui Costa i am looking for he will only improve i think.

http://img373.imageshack.us/my.php?image=05032009232117.png

My Squad

Here is my squad

http://img168.imageshack.us/my.php?image=05032009232253.png

Advice and opinions needed wanted and welcome as always

This lad came through my youths already worth £5.5m and i think i have found my new Rui Costa

http://img114.imageshack.us/my.php?image=05042009013644.png

curently retraining him as AMC the AMR

What do people think of him, havent had anyone this goo comethrough my own youth since Fm 2006 was also my 20 year Fiorentina carear which i intend this to be

Started a new Fiorentina save and had an absolutely stunning first season...

Transfers:

fiortransfers09.jpg

Table:

fiortable.jpg

Ended up going the entire season with a 100% win record at home except for MY FINAL GAME OF THE SEASON versus Milan which ended up in a 1-1 draw :( Won at home to Man Utd and Barca in the Champions League despite being knocked out in the semi-finals (won 2-0 at home and got thrashed 0-4 at the Nou Camp) Went out in the semis also in the Coppa Italia to a 0-3 loss to Inter even though I won the first leg 2-0...... I posted the second screenshot to show how strong home field advantage is in Serie A where the top 5 posted near perfect records.

I had lots of fun with this Viola side and am really looking forward to the second season. Played a Barca-style 4-3-3 on a narrow pitch which is probably why my record at home was so good. Targets for the summer are: Fazio and Rossi are must buys, gonna train Rossi to AMR as he is left footed and I want to pick up 1 or 2 of Chiellini/Giovinco/Aquilani/De Ceglie if any of them can be bought for under 20m. I'm trying to stick to an Italian/Argentinian theme and hopefully I can pick up a young Batistuta among regens....

Evening all,

Just about to start a Fiorentina save as I fancy moving away from England and they took my fancy. Was a toss up between these and Udinese but these won! :)

Will be on 9.0.3 obv, was wondering if there is any advbice out there for me, not reall familiar with the italian league or players.

Anyone i should defo hang on to or defo sell?

any gems out there that could help spur me on?

Cheers

do you have any recomendations to improve my defence?

For me I think you need to improve at RB, perhaps try to get Santon? Lorenzo De Silvestri or Paulo Ferrari, you also need another CB at least Sakho, Fazio, Radoi, David Luiz, Chygrynskyi. Depends whether you want to keep it Italian or not? Could try a sneaky bid for Chiellini also.

Thanks Sir Frosinone, Purefun and Hopey. Yeah, I was pretty bummed selling Mutu too since he's our best player but he was really underperforming the first half of the season (4 goals/5 assists IIRC). Besides, I wanted an Italian/Argentinean theme so I decided to sell him before he got too old. This probably means Frey, Vargas and Kuzmanovic might be out the door in the next few years too :(.

Anyways, second season transfers:

fiortransfers10.jpg

I sold Gila because although he bags me a good number of goals, he really does not show up at all against big teams and according to my assistant manager is always "not coping well under pressure" (I think that's what it says in game) and shows up nervous for a ton of matches. Also brought in a lot of young Italian prospects who my scouts have recommended.

Started the second season nowhere as smooth as the first season, and am currently in 4th after facing Roma, Man Utd, Juventus, Milan, Inter, and Lazio in the first 6 weeks.

cheers for the suggestions hopey.

ferrari looks promising, just getting him scouted now.

is santon still top class on latest patch?

Santon hasn't changed, a must buy still, especially first season. Burdisso is a good option in defense too, can be bought for 6m at the end of August.

cheers for the suggestions hopey.

ferrari looks promising, just getting him scouted now.

is santon still top class on latest patch?

Yes he is. :thup:

Thanks Sir Frosinone, Purefun and Hopey. Yeah, I was pretty bummed selling Mutu too since he's our best player but he was really underperforming the first half of the season (4 goals/5 assists IIRC). Besides, I wanted an Italian/Argentinean theme so I decided to sell him before he got too old. This probably means Frey, Vargas and Kuzmanovic might be out the door in the next few years too :(.

Anyways, second season transfers:

I sold Gila because although he bags me a good number of goals, he really does not show up at all against big teams and according to my assistant manager is always "not coping well under pressure" (I think that's what it says in game) and shows up nervous for a ton of matches. Also brought in a lot of young Italian prospects who my scouts have recommended.

Started the second season nowhere as smooth as the first season, and am currently in 4th after facing Roma, Man Utd, Juventus, Milan, Inter, and Lazio in the first 6 weeks.

Good Ins :thup:

Thanks Hopey. Giovinco has been absolute deadly at AML scoring 14 goals/7 assists by December and then he gets injured for 4-5 months in the last match of 2009. FUSH. I brought Osvaldo back to Florence in January as cover.

Thinking towards the summer, I plan to pry Chiellini away from Juventus for 30-40m and was going to go for Aquilani but after comparing him to Montolivo and Marchisio they all seem the same more or less so I might go for De Rossi instead. Has anybody successfully signed him before? and if so, how much? Arsenal and Madrid have been tapping him up all season so there's a chance he might be unsettled if I start doing the same. Shame, I know....

De Rossi? I've seen people sign him for Arsenal he will cost a hell of a lot to prize away though, talking at least £35Million if not more. :thup:

That doesn't sound bad, I was thinking of €40-50m. Will probably grab him if he is available as long as I can sell Gago for a good 20m+. Just finished a string of tough matches, Milan (D), Juve (L), and drew with Chelsea 2-2 at home which probably means I'm out of the CL at the first knockout round :( Also have a match vs Inter in 3 days which will probably determine the Scudetto. I've decided that in order to push for a CL trophy in the future I need to buy world class because "good" players just doesn't cut it anymore against the likes of Man Utd and Chelsea, so definitely going for Chiellini and De Rossi this summer.

anybody can recommend a backup right midfielder for santana? hopefully below 5m pounds and a experienced player... i tried beckham but he said that he doesnt think fiorentina has the means to offer him a contract he wants...

Matty Fernandez? Sofiane Feghouli? Esteban Granero? Bosko Jankovic? Pablo Osvaldo?

haha yeah it was a toughie :)

couldnt refuse that money though! has helped me get some depth.

hes doing rubbish at Villa though at the moment! maybe can get him back on the cheap if he fails :p

In season 3, summer transfer window, and I need to dump a striker because I'm a bit overloaded. Who should I keep between Paloschi and Acquafresca? I know Paloschi is rated pretty high on these forums but Acquafresca looks to have him beat stat-wise and has some amazing potential. Both haven't played too many games for my main team so its a tough pick.

Thanks in advance. :)

In season 3, summer transfer window, and I need to dump a striker because I'm a bit overloaded. Who should I keep between Paloschi and Acquafresca? I know Paloschi is rated pretty high on these forums but Acquafresca looks to have him beat stat-wise and has some amazing potential. Both haven't played too many games for my main team so its a tough pick.

Thanks in advance. :)

Acquafresca usually turns into a very good striker, however so does Paloschi. Can't you send Paloschi out on loan instead?

Acquafresca usually turns into a very good striker, however so does Paloschi. Can't you send Paloschi out on loan instead?

I can but when he returns I'd still have the same problem. I have 3 striker spots (AML/ST/AMR) and currently have Balo, Rossi, Osvaldo, Giovinco, and an Argentinian regen Bati which makes 5. So I need to decide between Acquafresca and Paloschi for the final spot.

I can but when he returns I'd still have the same problem. I have 3 striker spots (AML/ST/AMR) and currently have Balo, Rossi, Osvaldo, Giovinco, and an Argentinian regen Bati which makes 5. So I need to decide between Acquafresca and Paloschi for the final spot.

Such a hard choice, so it would come down for me to two things; 1) What both look like now and 2) Coach reports on PA.

just a quick question

is there a thread on Italian youth prospects or anything? didnt want to start a new one in case there is but i've had a browse and couldn't spot one.

like to try and sign players of the nationality of wherever im playing.

what are the good prospects of italian football? already signed paloschi and santon.

Signed De Rossi for €46m and he's been the best signing I've ever made on any FM I've played. His scoring rate is insane - 7 goals and 3 assists in 8 games from midfield. Knocks in freekicks like Juninho.... Watch me jinx it though.

just a quick question

is there a thread on Italian youth prospects or anything? didnt want to start a new one in case there is but i've had a browse and couldn't spot one.

what are the good prospects of italian football? already signed paloschi and santon.

Hmmm from the top of my head, you can take a look at:

Midfielders: Andrea Poli, Benito Viola, Danile Dessena, Bolzoni, Cigarini

Wingers/Forwards: Acquafresca, Lanzafame

Defenders: Criscito, Santacroce, Mazzarani, De Ceglie

GK: Fiorillo

And don't forget established ones like Giovinco, Rossi, Marchisio

I'm looking to add an additional striker to my squad. Currently have Mutu, Gilardino, Jefferson and Bonazzoli. But Jefferson and Bonazzoli is not up to standard. I'm looking at either Cardozo or Hulk. Which should I choose? Any other recommendations other than those 2 I've mentioned?

Thanks.

just a quick question

I don't think there is a thread mate, Italian prospects of the top of my head look at; Balotelli, Fiorillo (Although he never looks good on FM even when fully developed), M.Faraoni, F.Forestieri, Bolzini, A.Poli, S.Garibaldi, F.Rossi and A.Tuia.

That’s a start. :)

Signed De Rossi for €46m and he's been the best signing I've ever made on any FM I've played. His scoring rate is insane - 7 goals and 3 assists in 8 games from midfield. Knocks in freekicks like Juninho.... Watch me jinx it though.

A lot of money but such a classy player. :cool:

I'm looking to add an additional striker to my squad. Currently have Mutu, Gilardino, Jefferson and Bonazzoli. But Jefferson and Bonazzoli is not up to standard. I'm looking at either Cardozo or Hulk. Which should I choose? Any other recommendations other than those 2 I've mentioned?

Thanks.

Strong striker? Out of those I'd choose Hulk as he develops into a monster. Cardozo is good for now. Otherwise look at Artem Milevskiy. :thup:

If you load up all the Argentina players you can get Gabriel Batistuta as a coach. It would be worth it just to have him at the club. By the way the link on the players name at the "legends" screen doesn't work in my game for some reason, just typed in Batistuta in the search bar.

Just finished my first season with Fiorentina. I got 2nd for Serie A and a major surprise in getting champions for UEFA champions. Beat Man Utd 1-0 in the finals. But I lose in the Italian Cup at the quarter-finals. I'm looking to have a major change of the club once I know my transfer budget for the new season.

How much is the min. I should get for Kuzmanovic, Mutu, Gilardino and Santana? Offloading Kuzmanovic cause I have Montolivo and Feghouli in MC. Looking to get Pjanic too.

Looking to offload Mutu and Gilardino for funding of either Ibrahimovic or Villa to partner Cardozo. Also getting Balotelli and Saivet.

Just finished my first season with Fiorentina. I got 2nd for Serie A and a major surprise in getting champions for UEFA champions. Beat Man Utd 1-0 in the finals. But I lose in the Italian Cup at the quarter-finals. I'm looking to have a major change of the club once I know my transfer budget for the new season.

How much is the min. I should get for Kuzmanovic, Mutu, Gilardino and Santana? Offloading Kuzmanovic cause I have Montolivo and Feghouli in MC. Looking to get Pjanic too.

Looking to offload Mutu and Gilardino for funding of either Ibrahimovic or Villa to partner Cardozo. Also getting Balotelli and Saivet.

I'd keep Kuzmanovic as he's world class after 2 years. He's ahead of Montolivo in my midfield of Kuzman, De Rossi and Palombo. Anyways, if you want to sell look for atleast 20m +. Gila can be sold for 25 ish, Mutu for 15 ish and Santana for 8m maybe. Grats on your UCL win btw, I still haven't won it after 3 seasons despite winning the Scudetto 3 times...

Using Knapp's 442 in Season 3 (I took them over midway through season 2 and kept them mid table ) which seems to suit the players I have down to the ground

fioreg.jpg

Won in a canter.

Starting 11:

Frey

Hutton

Dainelli

Gamberini

Vargas

Sanchez

Kuzmanovic

Donadel

Jovetic

Mutu

Pazzini

Board reaction puzzled me as they expected to win it( really?). Also won the Uefa Cup, which they also expected to win ( I did get two pastings away from home; 3-1 to Valencia and 4-1 to Bayer Leverkeusen, but I won both home legs 3-0)

On to season 4 now. Gamberini out to Barca, Fazio in

yeah although I reckon it was down to knapp's 442 rather than me tbh. Also you get a good budget here and have some cracking players already here when you take over

Update: Gilardino threw his toys out the pram during pre season and fell out with Pazzini (a goal machine last season) so hes gorn to Napoli in the huff and Vagner Love replaces him. Three regens look the biz - Speciale, Biava and Pettinari.

Should I sign Guardado or Ribery for my left midfield? I don't play them at AML but play at ML instead. I can sign Guardado for 9.5m pounds or Ribery at 16m pounds. Which should I pick? I already have Jovetic as backup on the left.

And should I sign Mazzarani or Santon as a backup to De Silvestri? Mazzarani's PA is around 30 higher than Santon's.

Should I sign Guardado or Ribery for my left midfield? I don't play them at AML but play at ML instead. I can sign Guardado for 9.5m pounds or Ribery at 16m pounds. Which should I pick? I already have Jovetic as backup on the left.

And should I sign Mazzarani or Santon as a backup to De Silvestri? Mazzarani's PA is around 30 higher than Santon's.

For those prices, I'd sign Guardado. :thup:

Mazzarani, PA/CA isn't everything though.

Archived