Official Message From the FFA regarding A-League in FM09

Good Morning,

Unfortunately it is too late for the Football Manager 2009 (FM09) to include the 2 new teams of the Gold Coast and Townsville – but these will be included in the 2010 version. This is a result of the Hyundai A-League season being across 08/09 and then 09/10.

Thank you for your passionate ongoing support for the HAL and Football Manager.

Kind regards Tim

Sent: Thursday, 28 August 2008 11:35 AM

To: Reception

Subject: SI Games - Football Manager 2009

Good Morning,

I am writing to you asking if in the upcoming Football Manager 2009 (FM09) game if you have allowed the expansion teams (Gold Coast and Townsville) to appear in 2010 ingame. There has been a lot of debate on the SI Games Football Manager forums with regard to this as a lot of people wish for these teams to be allowed into the game but have thrown the issue back to the FFA and the current license that has been struck between SI and the FFA. I hope that the license will allow expansion ingame and this issue can be resolved for all gaming parties.

Thank you

[Name Removed]

Tim Lloyd

Licensing Coordinator

T +61 2 8354 5596

F +61 2 8354 5590

M 0415 320 874

E Tim.Lloyd@footballaustralia.com.au

W - http://www.footballaustralia.com.au

Football Federation Australia recognises the support of its partners Qantas, FOXTEL, Nike, Hyundai, Powerade, NAB, Westfield, Australian Sports Commission and Fox Sports.

Hyundai A-League recognises the support of its partners Hyundai, Qantas, Powerade, Westfield, Ballantine's, Zurich, FOXTEL and Fox Sports

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DISCLAIMER - It is the policy of Football Federation Australia Limited ("FFA") not to enter into binding contracts, or vary the terms of existing contracts, via the exchange of email. Except for this disclaimer, nothing in this email creates any legally binding obligation on any party.

This email transmission and the content is intended only for the addressee. The content of this email, including attachments, may be privileged and confidential. Confidentiality and privilege are not waived if you are not the intended recipient of this email, nor may you use, review, disclose, disseminate or copy any of the content of this email. If you have received this email in error, please notify us by return email, and then delete the email, including attachments,.

FFA does not warrant that any attachments are free from viruses or other defects. You assume all liability for any loss, damage or other consequences which may arise from opening or using the attachments. [v.1.0.1]

The above is my email and response regarding the A-League and FM09

Ive played the A League and it was alright, quick seasons but gets boring after 10 seasons as Ive won everything and a short amount of time. Id love to see the new teams in :(

Its a shame Perth Glory is **** now...

• 2 weeks later...

Well it looks like a second Melbourne team will get a place before the 'Gong. Tassie are also interested - why aren't their more top rank teams in Tassie (football, league, afl etc) - the cricket team is the only one I can think of?

Going on population alone, the Sunshine Coast, Hobart, Geelong and the 'Gong should all be in a 12 team comp. And maybe Cairns eventually...

Well it looks like a second Melbourne team will get a place before the 'Gong. Tassie are also interested - why aren't their more top rank teams in Tassie (football, league, afl etc) - the cricket team is the only one I can think of?

Going on population alone, the Sunshine Coast, Hobart, Geelong and the 'Gong should all be in a 12 team comp. And maybe Cairns eventually...

What about Darwin? Does it have a football team at any level? Presumably it does. Do you consider it big enough to be worthy of an A-League side? Can't help feeling like the Northern Territory should be represented, but my knowledge of Australian football (in the soccer sense) is pretty limited.

What about Darwin? Does it have a football team at any level? Presumably it does. Do you consider it big enough to be worthy of an A-League side? Can't help feeling like the Northern Territory should be represented, but my knowledge of Australian football (in the soccer sense) is pretty limited.

Darwin is probably too much of a seasonal population to hold down regular soccer up there. Also, because of the tropical season they play football (AFL) from september thru to march and cricket and league is played march till september. to compete directly with AFL is dangerous up there in terms of getting players and media coverage as the AFL league is very strong

The entire NT has such a small population that, sadly, it wouldn't be viable. The Territory has only just over 200,000 people, 121,000 of them are in Darwin, but that is still very small.

also, sad to say, there isn't a great financial benefit to running a team in the NT, the average wage is far lower than the other states and I douby the average Territorian would attend a lot of the games.

I think playing 2 or 3 games there each season is much more viable option, maybe have Adelaide and the new Nth Qld team play a game there to drum up support of a club (bit like the mighty mighty Hawthorn Hawks do in Tas for the AFL)

Tassie kinda have an A.F.L team, won the preimership this year

Give Darwin a few years, what with the Gas project etc, and then give them a team. On the tele the other night they reckoned it will get to 500k eventually.

i take it most of us in this convo r from australia

yep im out of liverpool in nsw. I really hope there is a western sydney team. Sure parramatta power died in the you know where but parra leagues didnt really get behind it. Marconi (like a 5 min drive my house) just wouldnt be viable nor would sydney utd or sydney olympic as a venue. Maybe based out of panther's or go into partnership with the new afl team to be based at blacktown and have a dual purpose venue perhaps. By the way im a brisbane broncos fan!

Archived