The One man, Honduras World Cup Thread

Catracho

http://www.diez.hn/Mundial%202010/Ediciones/2010/04/14/Noticias/Rueda-convoca-a-Jerry-Bengtson

Reinaldo Rueda today called up a list of 19 players that will participate in a 5 day Mini Training Camp starting on April 18th. these will most likely be the players suiting up against Venezuela on the 21st in San Pedro Sula. this squad looks very good imo. especially seeing as we will be without the Euro guys.

Rueda will also be taking 10 U-20 players with him, which will serve as experience for the kids he expect to be ready for 2014. He's basically preparing for 2014 very very early and preparing kids that will take the spot of some older players going into 2014 WCQ as well.

Los convocados son:

Porteros: Noel Valladares, Donis Escober, Ricardo Canales

Defensas: Osman Chávez, Sergio Mendoza, Erick Norales, Jhonny Leverón, Bonieck García, Jhonny Palacios, Emilio Izaguirre

Volantes: Amado Guevara, Danilo Turcios, Ramón Núñez, Melvin Valladares, Mariano Acevedo

Delanteros: Carlos Pavón, Georgie Welcome, Walter Martínez, Jerry Bengtson

they both make their debut call-up with the Senior Team. Leveron ex-Udinese a Defender for 1st place Motagua and Honduras U-20. and the other, basically this season's rising star with a league leading 11 goals, Vida's Jerry Bengston

POSIBLE CANDIDATOS

Alfredo Mejía

Wilmer Crisanto

Esdras Padilla

Mario Martínez

Ronald Martínez

Anthony Lozano

Cristian Martínez

Johnny Leverón

Reinieri Mayorquín

Roger Rojas

and this is the list of the Possible 10 U-20 players that will be flying with the Senior Team to Austria for training and experience.

lol wouldn't be the first time huh?? :p

I hope we do a good job as well. I think if they just make it to the 2nd round, we will deem it a success. Hardest working band of players I've seen come up from our country in a LOOOOOONNNGGGG time

:D First game against Chile, who we beat once before in a friendly in Ft. Lauderdale.

But i expect a different set of players for both sides this time around. Wilson's Palacios job will be to probably stay back and stem any Alexis Sanchez or Chupete Suazo counters/attacks. or even Valdivia, if he plays.

I hope Honduras do well

It would nice if Pavón has a great tournament, it would help to popularize his ":cool:" hair, just imagine all the new players that will start using that hairstyle :thup:

Imagine Messi with that look :cool:

I hope so too lol. It would be a great way to send off his National Team retirement...or his retirement from futbol all together.

Costly and Pavon the only players on the team with that kind of hair :cool: Pavon passing the baton to Costly

lol He scored the game winning goal that sent us to the Olympics back in 08 against the USA in Nashville, Tennessee.

Fifa had an article about it and a corny headline with Welcome's name involved. I'll dig it up for you tomorrow.

Is it true Honduras have arranged a friendly against Venezuela for this Thursday ?

Apparently we've been asked to release Thomas and Figuaroa, that isnt going to happen.

I guess not, because none of our players abroad were called-up.

LISTA DE LOS CONVOCADOS:

PORTEROS: Noel Valladares (Olimpia), Ricardo Canales (Motagua) y Donis Escober (Olimpia).

DEFENSAS: Johnny Palacios (Olimpia), Osman Chávez (Platense), Emilio Izaguirre (Motagua), Johnny Leverón (Motagua), Sergio Mendoza (Motagua), Erick Norales (Marathón) y Boniek García (Olimpia).

VOLANTES: Mariano Acevedo (Marathón), Amado Guevara (Motagua), Ramón Núñez (Olimpia) y Danilo Turcios (Olimpia), Melvin Valladares (Real España)

DELANTEROS: Walter Martínez (Marathón), Carlos Pavón (Real España), Georgie Welcome (Motagua) y Jerry Bengtson (Vida).

Official Call-Ups for Venezuela this Thursday, completely home based (Domestic).

• 2 weeks later...

OMG! for about an hour the entire country of Honduras and its National Team supporters were in a frenzy, including me to find the next available striker that could replace Costly in the World Cup.

for yall who don't know. news circulated in Honduras and Romania that Costly messed up his ankle and was out for 4 months :eek: (hence the frenzy for another striker started) but now we got the valid information and its only 3 weeks.

Carlo Costly scored 5 goals this month for Vaslui and looked very well on form and the best Honduran striker...that is till he messed up his ankle today and is ruled out for 3 weeks...but that beats 4 months. he'll still be able to play the World Cup and hopefully he recovers safely.

whata scare lol. Jerry Bengtson was the first name on that list!

right now Sabillon looks to be one of those players outside looking in. He knew once he left for China, his World Cup hopes were in jeopardy and now Sergio Mendoza and Oscar Boniek look like the 2 RightBacks going to South Africa.

Its official...

http://www.diez.hn/Mundial%202010/content/view/sud2010full/310965

Costly will be out for the World Cup...smh. This puts us in a very hard position. Who can we rely upon now in South Africa, now that our leading scorer is and playmaker and basically best forward is out for like 4 months. ahhh Rueda will have his job cut out for him with this one.

this may very well haunt Costly for the rest of his life if we don't qualify for 2014. all he's done for us...down the drain now.

Its down to Bengston or Welcome. one of them is going to really have to step it up. after watching Welcome last night, all i can say is I love his intensity, but you can still see his lacks calmness. he isn't calm inside the area. Bengston on the other hand, very calm and can finish very well. No Perdona Jerry.

On the other hand, Rueda is probably flying to China to check out Palacios...if he is picked. I no longer follow Honduras. smh

lol if only. he's 16 yrs old. and hasn't been featured in the seniore team for Olimpia ever since Everaldo Ferreira was re-signed from some Guatemalan club.

but like they say back in Honduras...Ya se puso grave la situacion.

its not as bad as we thought. Its a fractured big toe on his right foot. but he's out from 4-7 weeks. which is basicallly the World Cup.

also Call-Ups are going to be decided today on who goes and who doesn't.

PORTEROS

1. Noel Valladares

2. Donis Escober

3. Ricardo Canales

DEFENSAS

5. Osman Chávez

6. Maynor Figueroa

7. Johnny Palacios

8. Sergio Mendoza

9. Emilio Izaguirre

10. Mauricio Sabillón

11. Víctor Bernárdez

12. Bonieck García

VOLANTES

12. Hendry Thomas

13. Wilson Palacios

14. Danilo Turcios

15. Edgar Alvarez

16. Amado Guevara

17. Ramón Núñez

18. Julio César León

19. Roger Espinoza

DELANTEROS

20. David Suazo

21. Carlos Pavón

22. Walter Martínez

23. Georgie Welcome

Looks like the Costly injury impact was felt more than just on the field. A lot of people feel worried and sad by his injury. especially his father who is an Ex-World Cup player for Honduras back in 82, Allan Costly. Even the president of FENAFUTH and Rueda said that it hurt when they made the call-ups of the 23 going to South Africa, so much so that they will fly Costly out to South Africa so he can be with the team as a fan :) I hope he feels better and uses this as motivation to get us to Brazil 2014 :D

Also Rueda will not coach the first World Cup game against Chile, due to getting expelled on the last WCQ against El Salvador.

Shall be interested to see how Izaguirre plays, along with our Honduras who may put themselves in the shop window.

Hendry Thomas' injury lay off (he's now fully fit) means he'll be quite fresh going into the World Cup/

http://www.diez.hn/Honduras%20en%20Europa/Ediciones/2010/05/15/Noticias/Costly-se-puede-integrar-a-la-Bicolor-el-27-de-mayo

According to the Italian doctors that operated on his toe last night, they say that Costly can be ready as soon as May 27th and join the team in its European camp at that time. The doctors say its very likely he can play the first game of the World Cup. :D

Great news, but it all depends on how he looks and feels with that toe and what Rueda thinks.

Archived