USA/Canada v1.6 released

Al Clark

• SI Staff

INfo/download - http://z6.invisionfree.com/fmnorthamerica/index.php?showtopic=160&st=0 (There's a LOT more USA/Canada stuff coming this week, including an all MLS transfers file, one with USSF-2 transfers, facepacks, logos for all the new teams and much more)

Proud to announce FMNorthAmerica.com's v1.6 has been released (yes, we went for 1.3 to 1.6).

It has pretty much everything we can muster, over 50,000 changes to the 10.3 DB!! It's been a labour of love to say the least.

Thanks and credit to ALL that worked on it, in the end that was Jeremiah, Mike, Chris, Dustin, Tristan, Louis and myself.

The file contains the following:

USA: http://www.filefront.com/16019973/USA-1.6-Final.rar/

MLS (Philly added as best possible, which is they are attached to MLS, trade, sign players and adhere to rules, play in the USOC and draft but do not play MLS game )

USSF-D2 - new competition is added best possible, unfortunately, 2 conferences wasn't possible for now.

USL-D2 - reconfigured to 6 team division:

PDL - updated competition/teams for 2010.

NPSL - unpdated competition/teams for 2010.

NCAA - all NCAA D1 conferences and teams in, tournaments also added as well as NCAA College Cup as well as a handful of D2 and D3 team (30 in all). MLS SuperDraft now from NCAA, not PDL.

Friendly competitions added include Disney Soccer Classic, Carolina Challenge Cup, Carlsberg Cup, Chiva-Classico and more....

CANADA: http://www.filefront.com/16020473/Canada-v....1-inc-CIS.rar/

CSL - updated to include the expansion sides.

CSL Reserve league

NPSL - updated with tournament.

NTC Division (not a real comp, but best way to ensure this crucial cog is populated with young Canadian prospects)

CIS - All 4 CIS conferences and championship added. (This is very early in development and is not to the standard of the NCAA, but it is in).

Personally, I wouldn't start a game until the MLS/USSF player update is released (tomorrow probably, but def next 48 hours). The graphics pack will also add a huge amount to the game. Logos, kits, facepacks courtesy of the community (Jeremiah, Dustin and Chris now chipping in).

I'd also be sure to add in Crash's extra American name files - with all the newgens now created at start up, some variety is essential. There should be a Canadian one soon too. If possible, if people can 'test' the files for the next couple of days the other bits sholdbe available and we can correct any issues between now and then, and then re-publish the files. Better for everyone!

***The Canadian file is a little bit volatile, it will work fine, but doens't like to be touched in the editor. If you open it in the editor, you'll need to make about 300 changes, so I don't recommend it. We've not isolated that issue yet, but it wont affect anything else.

For those that haven't been to our site, here's a link to the 'Essential downloads' http://z6.invisionfree.com/fmnorthamerica/index.php?showtopic=20&st=0

Great :)

I just found out about this new team and I think it would be great fun to play with them!

(My new game will be fabulous, outstanding and great!) :)

I do want to play with other mods/updates loaded.

Will this be a problem? (Maybe because of the Canada issues, or other things?)

• SI Staff

I'm thinking it might be possible to add a second DP spot via an EDT command. I'll look into that. I released a 1.6.1 for the USA as there were a couple of quick things to clean up. The point of this exercise is its NEVER going to be perfect using the editor - the US is too unique, MLS even more so, but we've done a pretty damn good job if I say so myself.

I also missed out that the USA has an MLS Academy division - much like the NTC division in Canada it's not 100% realistic but was necessary to ensure the academies populated okay.

Aljarov, is this in the 1.6.1?

Personally, I wouldn't start a game until the MLS/USSF player update is released (tomorrow probably, but def next 48 hours). The graphics pack will also add a huge amount to the game. Logos, kits, facepacks courtesy of the community (Jeremiah, Dustin and Chris now chipping in).

Would you advise to still wait some more days?

• SI Staff

The data update is up there, but there will likely be transactions every day up until the 15th, which is the clsoe of the window here. It's up to you I guess. We should have it finished today...it's dragging on a bit.

EDT wont work. Had that confirmed.

• 3 weeks later...

Where did you get the NCAA team values from? Team profit to the athletic department?

I find it hard to believe in the Big East that USF is worth around 5 million, but Notre Dame and Uconn (two of some of the best teams in the nation) are valued around 1 million.

• 1 month later...

When loading the Canada and USA leagues, I found out that the NCAA D1 Atlantic Soccer Conference has no teams in it.

Clicking on the < and > buttons to view all leagues, will cause a small pause when trying to view this division.

Any suggestions on what might be wrong?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived