Randall's Tactic 10.3

Hello boys and girls, I'm back with a slightly refined version of my Randall's Tactic which has proven unbeaten again! I thought I'd start a new thread (even though it's essentially the same tactic bar a few minor tweaks here and there, and general tightening) so I can give you all a bit deeper information on how to make this work for you and also just general observations I've made in my time testing this on 10.3. So let's go. In terms of the corner cheat - I tried it for one game and yes it really does work quite shockingly well, but didn't use it in this test, still using the old tactics way of launching them to the back posts for my CB's, but if you did use the corner tactic I'm sure you'd probably get even better results. Personally I think it detracts from the game to use it though.

Old tactic thread for those interested;

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=177366

DOWNLOAD

DOWNLOAD LINK

THE TACTI

tacticoldham10.png

THE RESULTS

cocacolaleague1.png

oldhamathletic4.png

oldhamathletic5.png

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/1097/oldhamathletic6.png

As you can see not a big scorer but seems to get results. Had a few close scrapes with very late goals and goalkeeping heroics but that's to be expected.

This is the tactics shape.

PLAYERS

Okay for the goalkeeper - self-explanatory - you need a good goalkeeper!

Left defender - this guy needs to be good at attacking to an extent but I like him to be kind of like a centre back, I like to have four defensive defenders, look for someone in the mould of an ashley cole, very solid defender but also a good attacker. It helps if this guy can head a ball because most of the crosses will come from down the opposite side.

Right defender - this guy needs to be a good defender, because there is no backup from a right midfielder or winger, so make sure he's good and solid, also make sure he is quick. Someone in the mould of Micah Richards or Branislav Ivanovic, a centre back in right back.

Central Defender (Stopper) - Make this guy big, don't worry too much about his speed, he needs to just be like a brick wall, and I cannot stress this enough make sure he's got at least 15/16 in heading.

Central Defender (Cover) - Got to be quick and strong, good at tackling and good at marking, again make sure he can head a ball.

Defensive Midfielder - Someone who is a good tackler and can break up play, don't worry about him going forward because he shouldn't be crossing the half-way line really.

Central Midfielder - Good all rounder, good at passing helps because he's a deep lying playmaker, it makes things easier if he can tackle too. Needs high work rate.

Attacking midfielder central - Creative player, that's it.

Attacking midfielder left - someone quick or someone creative, good finisher and crosser. Good dribbler. Anyone suffices here really as long as one of their positions is AML, I haven't had anyone who's played here and been ineffective.

Target man - Big, strong, good at heading, can finish. Look for a classic target man.

Poacher - You know the deal with a poacher, finishing, off the ball, speed, positioning, dribbling.

OI AND TEAMTALKS.

As for Opposition instructions, usually just ask assistant, sometimes I just leave it though if I am big favourites I like to just let the team play.

Teamtalks - usually say For the fans, if I'm big favourites at home Expect a win, and if real underdogs just pressure off - see what the team can do.

DOWNLOAD LINK

jesus christ.

It's 70 minutes into my first game with your tactic randall. I did not touch a thing. i cleared my players, switched to your tactic, asked my assistant coach to pick the squad, and I think he put a left back at the AML position so i put another player there instead, but other than that i touched nothing. It's 70 minutes in, im playing at home as sunderland, vs fulham, the score is 8-3 for me, and Lavezzi has scored 5 goals. What's even more ridiculous is now that ive actually looked at the tactics, Lavezzi is the fricken target man!!!. He is all about running with the ball, with good flair, very high pace, etc, but his run with ball is set to rarely! And he has 5 goals!

this tactic is ridiculous. This game is ridiculous. I guess the tactic just fits the game's ridiculousness which is why its working so amazingly well. before this i couldnt even score, trying with my low tempo 442's, etc, like i had in FM09 that worked so well for me.

i guess the AMC is still the playmaker right?

because when i loaded the tactic it had my MC as playmaker.

edit:

someone will ask that anyways so...what shouts do you use if any?

i used my usual pass to foot retain possession and stay on feet, was ok.

Hey randall. Lavezzi ended up with 6 total. didnt get any after 75 or whenever he scored the sixth. im very disappointed with him. I lost 2-0 away to arsenal with your tactic after that, and then i tried my version of a 442 but with your high tempo/low time wasting away vs liverpool, fell behind 1-0, then switched to ur tactic and ended up winning 3-1.

I think the final scoreline of the initial game i told you about was 9-3. Lavezzi broke the record for goals in a single premier league game, and the game got the record for highest scoring premier league game ever too.

Just played my first game with this tactic, a 1-0 win for my Notts County side against Reading. We're both in the premiership, but considering my injury problems it's a good result. I do have the best regen target man striker on the game, but he's injured for 3-4 months atm. Once he's back I think he'll dominate in this tactic.

As you can see not a big scorer...

Famous last words eh RandallUK! ;)

Nice to see someone giving an "asymmetric" formation a go. I've been to set in my ways to try one so far, so it's nice to see people experimenting with them.

Nice op though. How did you come up with this one? Did you start with the Tactics Creator and adapt things to suit, or did you dive straight into the "classic" advanced sliders? Reason I ask this is if it's detailed "classic" slider settings which are used, then this will impact any "shout" instructions, as to if they have any effect or not. :)

Nope, basically I usually played a 4-4-2, with a deep lying play maker and then a defensive midfielder, but I didn't like it because I didn't really have much creativity going up the pitch in the central areas, and I've never really like wingers anyway so I nudged one in to ACM, because the team I started with I had a target man and poacher and thought it was a bit useless having a right winger because all of the crosses just flew past the poacher and ended up with their defence. I had the defensive midfielder to cope with the AI long shot but in the ME and it's stuck because it's a really useful player to have - the anchor man - because he breaks up so many things before they get to your defence, especially if he's a good DM. And then my full backs are defensive because I've never liked attacking full backs because they leave you exposed if they go gallivanting too far up the pitch.

As for the sliders, I started using the preset positions a la Target Man, Poacher etc, but then delved into advanced settings so I can put long shots on rarely for everyone, also changed a couple of other things very slightly, same goes for the team instructions, such as where corners go, defensive line, tempo, fluidity etc.

The only shouts I really ever use are work ball into box and occasionally retain possesion/pass to feet when I want to slow the game down. The thing I find with this tactic is that I've never really needed to use shouts to be honest.

So more of an "advanced" tactic than anything then, as you've adapted specific settings whilst developing. Good to clarify. :)

If you've "fixed" certain sliders, certainly in the team setting, when you use related "shouts" during a match (such as passing orientated if passing is "fixed" using the sliders), they're likely not to have any impact, so it's always as well people know. Probably one of the more misunderstood areas of the game, especially as it's a new addition.

Just something that might be interesting to try when it comes to asymmetric formations/tactics, is to have a "mirror" option. Create basically the same tactic, but instead of left orientated, right orientated. This might give an extra option if you're facing teams that are strong on one side or the other. Most handy in use of a "pair" of asymmetric tactics, would be that your wide player can play on either side and with both feet. You could also have the option of a particular sided player on the bench if you want to change during a match.

Although I've only taken a quick look at the settings you've used, I am intrigued with the possibilities that asymmetric tactics offer. I try to experiment with a lot of tactics when I play FM (my own, generic and forum user created) and this sort of system is next on my list to look at :)

Wow I'm surprised at the high scorelines! I guess when you're playing as better teams they put away more chances, to be fair I did have quite awful strikers at Oldham hah!

Please do all keep me updated, I'm going to carry on with my Oldham game see how it fairs in the championship.

I can only think that's because of the players perhaps, they shouldn't be inconsistent, especially not the AMC. I find usually against defensive teams just make sure your team doesn't sit back because this is a defensive tactic and in the last quarter of the game just throw the kitchen sink at it, although usually for me I find eventually my team finds a way to break through.

Nope. The CM should be playmaker. That way the CM always receives and can give it to the ACM or AML depending on whos in the best position.

Hi Randall im french my english is bad the playmaker is Cm CM=??? and Target Man= ???

Tried 2 games with this tactic with a new man utd save. thumped Chelsea 4-0 in the Charity Shield, and won 6-0 vs Sunderland in the 1st EPL game. pretty solid i'd say. Only thing i tweaked is the target man, the tactic you uploaded had the AML set as targetman in the team instructions fyi.

All you guys expressing shock or surprise need to check out the 10.2 thread that (astonishingly) most people ignored.

Randal - you've done it again mate. Shattering the official line that there 'are no one size fits all tactics' in FM10. As usual SI's fanbois blowing hot air out their trumpets. :thup:

I thought I would give this a spin with Newcastle in the Club World Championship.

Okayama FC 0-3 Newcastle

Chivas 0-3 Newcastle

Now I would of expected to win both these games with my standard tactics and my pretty impressive team, but it was a good result for a new tactic plugged straight into the team.

This is an amazing tactic, I just started a save with Newcastle (using this tactic). At the moment i am top of the tale, 9 points clear, W13 D2 L2 F38 A10.

Ive bought in Fleck, Sears, Muamba and Hines on loan and Sears is absolutley thriving under this tactic ( Being a West Ham fan, i am very pleased with :p) scored 10 goals in 10 games with 7 assists and won player of the young player of the month 3 times and player of the month once. Ive also been 1-0 down twice and both times sears got a hat-trick to win me the game :)

Once again you have an amazing tactic and i am really enjoying using it.

Archived