[FM2010] Numbered Tactic Sliders

Octavianus[GER]

FM2010 Numbered Tactic Sliders v2.0 [english version]

made by Octavianus

You never know how many klicks you made within your tactics?

This little modifcation adds numbers behind the sliders, so you always know how many klicks you've made.

New to v2.0: Now also shows numbers within the classic tactic view.

--- What is he talking about? ---

"A picture is worth a thousand words" - actually I need two pictures :D

Without modification:

http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=tacticalsliderswithouttrxf.png

With modification:

http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=tacticalsliderswithnumdodq.png

--- Installation ---

If you open the archive you see 5 different things: 2 folders, 2 xml-files and a Readme.

The Readme is just saying the same things below, so if you link my file anywhere else any other person can understand what to do without the need of being registered here in SI forums (well, I recommend everybody to register here nevertheless).

a) Using this mod for FM2010-Standard-Skin

Extract (not empty! just leave all the files within these folders) the 2 folders to:

*FM-UDF*\skins\

Start FM, go to Preferences, choose the skin you prefer (either "Tactical Sliders with numbers (Light)" or "Tactical Sliders with numbers (Dark)") and start your savegame. Changes will be applied immediately. ;)

Light is the light/bright Standard skin, Dark is the Dark version of the FM2010 Standard skin.

b) Using it within another skin/modification or personalised skin

Extract the 2 xml-files to:

*FM-UDF*\skins\*yourskinname*\panels

(if it has no panels-folder, create one)

Start FM and go to the Preferences screen before unticking 'use skin cache', ticking 'reload skin on confirm' then clicking confirm.

--- Where can I find my *FM-UDF*? ---

Win Vista/Windows 7: C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\

Win 2000/XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\

Win 98/ME: C:\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\

Mac OS X: /Users/<username>/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2010/

This folder appears right after starting FM10 one time!

You can also change this location of your UDF within the FM10-options.

--- Notes ---

The skin I'm using here in these screenshots is known as OnePiece.

Many thanks to radestock's version from FM09. This work is based on his files: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=98658

Thanks to Uncle Sam for sorting out an issue with some xml-file.

Thanks to pauso for reporting an error.

Thanks to all the users for their patience and tenacity within the old FM09-thread. ;)

Thanks to SI for this awesome game and the various options you give us skinners. :)

--- Download ---

DOWNLOAD

Alternative Link

Hope you enjoy it!

Do i empty the folder into my Skins folder? so I take the .xml extensions out of the numbered tactical slides folder and place them individually into the skins folder?

How do I then get them to show up?

I can get the dark skin to show but I cant see the numbers for the sliders.

Jay, what do you want to do?

You want to play with the normal standard skin and you haven't used a skin yet?

Then just extract the 2 folders in the skins-folder. Start FM, go to Preferences, choose the skin you prefer (either "Tactical Sliders with numbers (Light)" or "Tactical Sliders with numbers (Dark)") and start-up your game.

You want to add those numbers to an existing skin or modification?

Then just extract the 2 xml-files into the panels-folder of your skin (if it has no panels-folder, create one). Start FM, go to Preferences, Untick "Use Skin Cache", Tick "Always reload Skin...", Confirm.

For me this works perfectly. I'll add these lines to my first post to make it more precise.

;4986561']Jay' date=' what do you want to do?

You want to play with the normal standard skin and you haven't used a skin yet?

Then just extract the 2 folders in the skins-folder. Start FM, go to Preferences, choose the skin you prefer (either "Tactical Sliders with numbers (Light)" or "Tactical Sliders with numbers (Dark)") and start-up your game.

You want to add those numbers to an existing skin or modification?

Then just extract the 2 xml-files into the panels-folder of your skin (if it has no panels-folder, create one). Start FM, go to Preferences, Untick "Use Skin Cache", Tick "Always reload Skin...", Confirm.

For me this works perfectly. I'll add these lines to my first post to make it more precise.[/quote']

When I put the skins in the correct folder on a player attribute screen all the numbers went missing and all I got was bars instead. All I want to do is see numbers on the tactical screens, that's all. I still want to keep the original skin. For some reason I now get a black screen and cant play the game anymore. I need to re-install the game.

When you say "extract the 2 folders in the skins-folder" can you explain what exactly you mean? empty the contents out of those two folders or just paste the folders into the skins folder?

When I put the skins in the correct folder on a player attribute screen all the numbers went missing and all I got was bars instead. All I want to do is see numbers on the tactical screens, that's all. I still want to keep the original skin. For some reason I now get a black screen and cant play the game anymore. I need to re-install the game.

When you say "extract the 2 folders in the skins-folder" can you explain what exactly you mean? empty the contents out of those two folders or just paste the folders into the skins folder?

I just stuck everything in my normal skins folder in my documents and it worked instantly mate (using the light version not the dark).

Sorry, but I don't know how to describe it further or more precise.

Just open the archive with WinRar or something similar, mark the 2 folders and extract them to the path, I've mentioned in the first post:

*FM-UDF*\skins\

After that, you should have 2 folders within this path, named "numberedsliders" and "numberedsliders dark".

Then open FM, choose the new skin either "Tactical Sliders with numbers (Light)" or "Tactical Sliders with numbers (Dark)" and start your game. It is the normal standardskin just with the little modification, nothing else has been changed.

;4989067']Sorry' date=' but I don't know how to describe it further or more precise.

[/quote']

Octavianus, the problem is you have to say which xml's file you are talking about; there's 2 xml when you extract the rar.folder, plus another 3 xml files on each of the 2 folders.

So the question is, which xml folder should be "copy and paste" to the skin folder in FM2010.

capture16032010215057.jpg

Personalised skin only: OK, by trial and error finally it has been cracked; it's those 2 xml files highlighted, just copy and paste to your personalised skin

That's what I'm talking about ^^

b) Using it within another skin/modification

Extract the 2 xml-files to:

*FM-UDF*\skins\*skinname*\panels

If you open the archive you see 5 different things: 2 folders, 2 xml-files and a Readme.

You know what? I'll add this to the installation descriptions.

Jay, please read the complete ReadMe-Text. ;)

--- Where can I find my *FM-UDF*? ---

Win Vista/Windows 7: C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\

Win 2000/XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\

Win 98/ME: C:\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\

Mac OS X: /Users/<username>/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2010/

This folder appears right after starting FM10 one time!

You can also change this location of your UDF within the FM10-options.

Your skins-folder is just fine, put the two folders of my archive in there, open FM, choose one of the 2 new skins ("Tactical Sliders with numbers (Light)" or "Tactical Sliders with numbers (Dark)") and start your savegame.

So my question is if I don't already have a mod and just use the standard FM one, what do I put in my skins folder?

is it the two 'numberfolder'? Do I empty the contents out of it and stick that content into my skins, or do I leave the xml files that are inside these two folders alone and just past the folders into my skins folder?

That's exactly what I've wrote several times. :p

I wouldn't have arranged the xml-files into several folders, if I want you to do everything manually... Everything is packed for your needs. You only have to read and understand the Readme. Leave all the xml-files in the folders and just put the folders to your skins-directory.

I mean, is this really so complicated? ;)

//Edit

I've uploaded an extra picture. Hope this makes it finally clear:

bildchenr3zm.png

Jay, i've found that in the players instruction.xml file the wide-play widget is missing, so that's why using the classic tactics view you can't see the wide-play instruction. i've addeded the missing text in the xml file and now it works for me. just replace the player instruction.xml file that you have downloaded with this one http://www.filefront.com/15876971/player%20instructions.xml.. hope it can helps..

It is independent to your game language. If you use this, the despcriptions in the tactics-screen at the right hand side of the particular slider will be English. The rest of the tactic screen and your game remains Dutch.

You can personalize that if you want to. Just open the xml-files with an text editor (like Notepad or so) and change the english words like Own Half, Own Area etc. to your Dutch names (Eigen helft, Eigen zone etc.).

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sorry. I've tried a lot of things: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=4950102#post4950102

But I had no success yet and I really don't know how to combine the different values mentioned in the thread to make it work. Maybe there could be some import from SI, well I have no clue. Tactic sliders were easy, but training isn't although it seemed to me that it runs the same pattern. But the combination of all training categories plus workload is kind of tricky and there's no way for me to make it work properly. Sorry. Especially numbers on workload and the categories seem impossible to me.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived