4-2-4 Goals!!!! Tactic

Hi All,

Here is my tactic for patch 10.3 which has won me the double in my first season at Spurs. I was using another tactic at the start

of the season but it was not going well so made my own using the tactic creator. I managed to go on a 14 game winning streak but

then lost to Everton 1-0. I won the league & the FA Cup, I do not use any OI or shouts and use small pitch. I have not yet tried this

with any other teams so please let me know how you get on. This does NOT use the corner bug.

Tactic Picture http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/9426/424goalstactic.jpg

The tactic is 4-2-4 and players roles are as follows:

GK = Goalkeeper / Defend

DR = Fullback / Automatic

DL = Fullback / Automatic

DC = Central Defender / Defend

DC = Central Defender / Defend

MCR = Ball Winning Midfielder / Defend

MCL = Central Midfielder / Support

AMR = Winger / Attack

AML = Winger / Attack

STR = Deep Lying Forward / Support

STL = Advanced Forward / Attack

All players are set to mixed passing so they make the decision on long or short pass. Also all players are set to long shorts rarely.

GK - Usual stats for good keeper, I am using Gomes.

DR & DL- Are both set to cross often so good crossing stats needed.

DC - Height, pace & positioning. I mainly used Bassong & Dawson (He only has 12 for pace)

MCL - Through balls set to often so passing & creativity needed. I bought berrier who has done quite well

MCR - Ball winner so tackling, workrate, stamina

AMR & AML - These are both set to cut inside, through balls often & run with ball often. So dribbling, passing, creativity & pace

STR - Wide play set to normal so stays in middle. I am using Crouch so would say height, finishing, composure, workrate & stamina

STL - Wide play also set to normal so stays in middle. I am using Defoe so would say pace, acceleration, composure, finishing & off the ball

Tactic download is here http://www.filefront.com/15765413/4-2-4%20GOALS%21%21%21%21%20%28T

Pictures of league table, fixtures with my tactic, some game shots, crouch stats & defoe stats.

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1569/15petercrouch.jpg

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/7347/18jermaindefoe.jpg

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/5284/doublewinners.jpg

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/3949/englishpremierleague.jpg

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/734/fixtures.jpg

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/9730/fixtures2p.jpg

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/9342/tottenhamvarsenal.jpg

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/5341/tottenhamvmanutd.jpg

Please let me know how you get on if you download this tactic. I am going to try it with another team to see how I get on.

Thanks,

Carl

Im playing with Nottm Forest in my first seson.

My assistant manager takes control of friendly matches and we played 7, won 6 and draw 1.

So far in the seson:

NF-Reading (Away) 5-0

NF-Darlington (Away) 8-0 (League Cup)

NF-WBA (Home) 1-1

NF-Watford (Home) 2-0

NF-QPR (Away) 4-2

NF-Portsmouth (Home) 5-1 (League Cup)

My Team - LineUp:

GK: L. Camp

DR: C. Gunter

DL: M. Ball (Free Transfer)

DCR: K. Wilson

DCL: W. Morgan

MCR: P. McKenna

MCL: C. Cohen

AMR: P. Anderson

AML: G. McGleary

STR: D. Blackstock

STL: R. Earnshaw

BackUp:

GK: P. Smith

DR: D. Butterfield (from Crystal Palace)

DL: J. Bennett (from Middlesbrough)

DCR: L. Chambers

DCL: J. Lynch

MCR: F. Muamba (Loan from Bolton)

MCL: L. McGugan

AMR: N. Ross (from Inverness CT)

AML: N. Porritt (Free Transfer)

STR: D. McGoldrick

STL: N. Tayson

Ok let me know how you get on after a few more games. It does score a lot of goals so you should get a few

more results like that. I forgot to mention in the OP that I also retrain AMR & AML so they can play both wings.

Not sure if this has any effect but also helps if you do not have many wingers. Once retrained they will be AMRL

Using it now for my Bayern Munich team. just beat Schalke 4-0 so far so good pal!! im using Gomez & Defederico unfront and its bringing the best out of Defederico this tactic!

Looks like a good start 6 wins out of 7. Let me know how your season goes. You can also retrain your AMR or AML to play

both wings. So they will then show as AMRL, not sure if it helps the tactic but does help if you don't have many wingers.

I have just started a new save with Stoke and beat Roma 2-1 in pre-season so will update after more games!

My assistant manager takes control of friendly matches and we played 7, won 6 and draw 1.

So far in the seson:

NF-Reading (Away) 5-0

NF-WBA (Home) 1-1

NF-Watford (Home) 2-0

NF-QPR (Away) 4-2

My Team - LineUp:

BackUp:

Anybody else trying this tactic? I have started a new save using Stoke to test the tactic lower down the league. I have just

got to halfway in the season and I am 8th in the league so going quite well. I will report again at the end of the season with

pictures.

One thing I will say is give the tactic time to gel with your players. I started the season with a few heavy defeats but then

beat Man Utd 4-3 and also Everton 4-0!!

Anybody else trying this tactic? I have started a new save using Stoke to test the tactic lower down the league. I have just

got to halfway in the season and I am 8th in the league so going quite well. I will report again at the end of the season with

pictures.

One thing I will say is give the tactic time to gel with your players. I started the season with a few heavy defeats but then

beat Man Utd 4-3 and also Everton 4-0!!

I've started using it with Portsmouth the results after 3 league games were

Spurs (H) L 4-3

Man City (H) L 3-0

Chelsea (A) L 4-0

I'm going to persist with it for another 8 games or so

great results so far with Man Utd.

APOEL w 4-0 h

APOEL w 4-0 a

Sunderland d 0-0 h

FC Metz w 3-0 a

Everton w 2-0 h

FC Metz w 4-0 h

Spurs w 4-2 a

Wolves w 4-1 h

PSV w 4-0 a

Scoring 3 or 4 most games and not conceding many. Also played a few friendlies with this tactic and won them all 3-0.

...................Ochoa.................

Rafael...Ferdinand...Evans...Evra.

...........Rodwell...Anderson........

Nani..............................Ribery.

...........Rooney...Berbatov.........

I changed Ribery to the inside forward and nani as a winger. Everything else is the same

I'm using exactly the same tactic as you but with the box to box midfielder rather than the ball winning midfielder. I was starting to leak goals and changing mine to a ball winning midfielder has seemed to have plugged the gap for now.

Teams seem to adapt this year rather quickly, I went from beating Portsmouth 7-0 at the start of the season to scraping 1-0 wins. Even though my defence have been leaking goals and giving away silly draws (only lost once in the league, to current leaders Liverpool) I've still got the best defence in the league.

I started off with quite a few defeats but it is worth sticking with the tactic. Once the players gel then the tactic works

well. It also helps having better players but I am sitting 8th with Stoke in Jan. I bought Beckford from Leeds to play as

STL and has scored about 11 goals in 13 games. Let me know how you get on

I've started using it with Portsmouth the results after 3 league games were

Spurs (H) L 4-3

Man City (H) L 3-0

Chelsea (A) L 4-0

I'm going to persist with it for another 8 games or so

Very good results! Let me know how you get on at the end of the season. I finished with 99 goals on my

spurs save so plenty goals scored! My goals mainly come from the wingers and strikers, is that the same

for you?

great results so far with Man Utd.

APOEL w 4-0 h

APOEL w 4-0 a

Sunderland d 0-0 h

FC Metz w 3-0 a

Everton w 2-0 h

FC Metz w 4-0 h

Spurs w 4-2 a

Wolves w 4-1 h

PSV w 4-0 a

Scoring 3 or 4 most games and not conceding many. Also played a few friendlies with this tactic and won them all 3-0.

...................Ochoa.................

Rafael...Ferdinand...Evans...Evra.

...........Rodwell...Anderson........

Nani..............................Ribery.

...........Rooney...Berbatov.........

I changed Ribery to the inside forward and nani as a winger. Everything else is the same

Ok here is the update at the end of my first season with Stoke. The media prediction was 15th and I managed to finish 9th so

good season. I scored 76 goals but the defence let me down as we let in 71!! Maybe down to the standard of players and not

having a lot of money to purchase new players. My strikers & wingers had a great season as shown in the pictures below. I bought

Beckford from Leeds for 2m and he managed to score an amazing 34 goals in 35 games! I also got to the semi final of the league cup

but lost 6-5 over two legs against Chelsea.

Pictures of season as follows:

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/3949/englishpremierleague.jpg League Table

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/4453/8jermainebeckford.jpg Beckford

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/3121/11mamadysidib.jpg Sidibe

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/4495/16robertsnodgrass.jpg Snodgrass

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/285/20tuncaysanli.jpg Tuncay

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/5669/chelseavstoke.jpg Chelsea 1 Stoke 4

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/5765/stokevastonvilla.jpg Stoke 4 A.Villa 3

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/3835/stokeveverton.jpg Stoke 4 Everton 0

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/9291/stokevmanutd.jpg Stoke 4 Man Utd 3

As with all tactics it takes time to gel so please try for more than say five games and you will see the results come together!

Very good results! Let me know how you get on at the end of the season. I finished with 99 goals on my

spurs save so plenty goals scored! My goals mainly come from the wingers and strikers, is that the same

for you?

At the moment in February im 2nd in the league 9 points behind Liverpool but with 4 games in hand. Ive just beaten Pompy 9-0 in the league and have also beaten Chelsea 6-2.

Up to now ive scored 72 league goals and conceded 21 but still have 12 league games to go.

Goalscorers (All Competitions)

Rooney 37

Berbatov 24

Welbeck 10

Lukaku 10

Valencia 10

Ribery 8

Nani 8

Anderson 8

Also a few more players have chipped in with a goal each.

I lost 4-3 to Spurs in the semi of the league cup. Also in the 5th round of the FA Cup and in the 1st knockout round of Uefa cup.

I'll let you know how ive done when I finish the season. So far its a great tactic :thup:

At the moment in February im 2nd in the league 9 points behind Liverpool but with 4 games in hand. Ive just beaten Pompy 9-0 in the league and have also beaten Chelsea 6-2.

Up to now ive scored 72 league goals and conceded 21 but still have 12 league games to go.

Rooney 37

Berbatov 24

Welbeck 10

Lukaku 10

Valencia 10

Ribery 8

Nani 8

Anderson 8

I lost 4-3 to Spurs in the semi of the league cup. Also in the 5th round of the FA Cup and in the 1st knockout round of Uefa cup.

I'll let you know how ive done when I finish the season. So far its a great tactic :thup:

Very good. Are you using the corner exploit, mate?

Plenty of goals then! Thanks for the update, let me know how you finish.

Rooney 37

Berbatov 24

Welbeck 10

Lukaku 10

Valencia 10

Ribery 8

Nani 8

Anderson 8

Very good. Are you using the corner exploit, mate?

no im not using the corner exploit. The only thing ive changed from the original tactic is ive swapped the winger and inside forward because i got Ribery who plays on the left and is best as the inside forward.

To be fair you dont need to use the corner exploit woth this tactic. You score a lot anyway :thup:

Edit: So far after 25 league games ive scored 2 from a corner. I'll post screens at the end of the season

So here are my results after a full season of using this tactic.

League Runners Up. It went to the last game with me needing to win and Liverpool to lose. We both won so Liverpool won the league by 3 points. Just look at goals scored/conceded for me though. Very good tactic indeed.

englishpremierleague.png

These are all the players stats for the season. Look at Rooney and Berbatovs goals. Also Andersons assists.

manchesterunitede.png

These are the results for the games throughout the season (sorry had to delete first to images due to only being allowed 4 in a post)

manchesterunited4.png

manchesterunited5.png

6-2 win at home to Chelsea

manutdvchelsea.png

9-0 at home to Portsmouth

manutdvportsmouth.png

My hopes of winning the league were killed by this result. It was like the game said, it doesnt matter how many you score, your not going ot win. I tried everything to stop them scoring but nothing would work. Then Brown gets sent off after only being on the pitch for about 10 minutes

arsenalvmanutd.png

So after this season:

League Runner-Up

League Cup Semi Final

FA Cup 6th Round

Europa League Winners

Im sorted in defence with Rafael, Fabio, Evans, Otamendi. Also have Danny Wilson, Jordan Spence, Serge Aurier with Jerome Boateng coming at the start of the season. Ive also got a couple of quality newgens which will be pushing for the first team in a couple of seasons. I'll be looking to sell Ferdinand and Brown. Maybe Evra too if the price is right.

Midfield I have plenty of youth with Rodwell, Ramsey and Anderson with the experience of Ribery, Fletcher and Gibson. I'll be looking to sell Carrick. Maybe Nani and Valencia also.

Strikers I have plenty of. Rooney still only 26. Welbeck just hitting his peak. Macheda back after a loan spell with Hull scoring 19 Premiership goals in 28 games. Diouff coming back from a loan and Lukaku maturing all the time. I think it will be time for Berbatov to call it a day in this team. Hopefully somebody will buy him at the age of 31 for a decent price.

Some amazing stats there. The strikers and wingers got plenty of goals and those assists from Anderson are brilliant!!

I do find that I go say 3-0 up in games and the oppo start to come back. Looking at your game with Arsenal Evans scored on

75 then Arsenal got 3 goals to win the game. What did you try to stop them scoring? Did you change the mentality from Attack?

In your season you only conceded 33 so the defence could be better but would that effect the attack? Maybe a shut up shop

version of this tactic is needed to hold onto games. I will try some tweeks to the defence and also see what can be done to hold

onto leads.

Thanks for your feedback

6-2 win at home to Chelsea

manutdvchelsea.png

9-0 at home to Portsmouth

manutdvportsmouth.png

My hopes of winning the league were killed by this result. It was like the game said, it doesnt matter how many you score, your not going ot win. I tried everything to stop them scoring but nothing would work. Then Brown gets sent off after only being on the pitch for about 10 minutes

arsenalvmanutd.png

So after this season:

League Runner-Up

League Cup Semi Final

FA Cup 6th Round

Europa League Winners

Im sorted in defence with Rafael, Fabio, Evans, Otamendi. Also have Danny Wilson, Jordan Spence, Serge Aurier with Jerome Boateng coming at the start of the season. Ive also got a couple of quality newgens which will be pushing for the first team in a couple of seasons. I'll be looking to sell Ferdinand and Brown. Maybe Evra too if the price is right.

Midfield I have plenty of youth with Rodwell, Ramsey and Anderson with the experience of Ribery, Fletcher and Gibson. I'll be looking to sell Carrick. Maybe Nani and Valencia also.

Strikers I have plenty of. Rooney still only 26. Welbeck just hitting his peak. Macheda back after a loan spell with Hull scoring 19 Premiership goals in 28 games. Diouff coming back from a loan and Lukaku maturing all the time. I think it will be time for Berbatov to call it a day in this team. Hopefully somebody will buy him at the age of 31 for a decent price.

So far in the seson:

NF-Reading (Away) 5-0

NF-WBA (Home) 1-1

NF-Watford (Home) 2-0

NF-QPR (Away) 4-2

My Team - LineUp:

BackUp:

NF-Sheff Wed (Away) 1-1

NF-Ipswich (Away) 1-3

NF-Blackpool (Home) 4-0

NF-Leyton Orient (Home) 3-0 (League Cup)

NF-Plymouth (Away) 1-0

NF-Scunthorpe (Home) 1-2

NF-Peterborough (Away) 2-0

NF-Newcastle (Home) 8-0 - yes i won 8-0

NF-Barnsley (Home) 2-0

NF-Crystal Palace (Away) 3-1

NF-Wolverhampton (Home) 1-2 (League Cup)

That is a great result beating Newcastle 8-0! Where are you in the season? How are you doing in the league?

NF-Sheff Wed (Away) 1-1

NF-Ipswich (Away) 1-3

NF-Blackpool (Home) 4-0

NF-Plymouth (Away) 1-0

NF-Scunthorpe (Home) 1-2

NF-Barnsley (Home) 2-0

That is a great result beating Newcastle 8-0! Where are you in the season? How are you doing in the league?

Im 14 league games in my 09/10 seson and is current on 2nd place (9wins, 3 draws, 2 lost, goals: 36-12) and 5 points after Newcastle.

NF-Sheff Wed (Away) 1-1

NF-Ipswich (Away) 1-3

NF-Blackpool (Home) 4-0

NF-Plymouth (Away) 1-0

NF-Scunthorpe (Home) 1-2

NF-Barnsley (Home) 2-0

NF-Cardiff (Away) 2-1

NF-Bristol City(Away) 1-0

NF-Middlesborough (Away) 2-1

NF-Doncaster (Home) 3-0

NF-Leicester (Home) 4-3

NF-Sheff Utd (Away) 0-1

2nd 20g 14w - 3d - 3l 48:12 and only 2 point after Newcastle.

Ok let me know where you finish in the league at the end of the season

NF-Cardiff (Away) 2-1

NF-Bristol City(Away) 1-0

NF-Middlesborough (Away) 2-1

NF-Doncaster (Home) 3-0

NF-Leicester (Home) 4-3

NF-Sheff Utd (Away) 0-1

2nd 20g 14w - 3d - 3l 48:12 and only 2 point after Newcastle.

• 2 weeks later...

Just started trying this (I've been experimenting with various tactics) in Blue Square South with Weston-super-Mare. Only a couple of games so far but both won - 3-0 and 4-1 away so a good start. Certainly you get some nice play to watch - had a lovely classic goal (in BS South mind!) with right winger belting down the wing, swinging in cross from the byline and striker heading home. That's my kind of football rather than all this narrow stuff you seem to get all the time!

Let me know how your season goes. I am trying to tweek the defence but it seems to stop me scoring as

many goals so plenty more tweeking to be done!!

Just started trying this (I've been experimenting with various tactics) in Blue Square South with Weston-super-Mare. Only a couple of games so far but both won - 3-0 and 4-1 away so a good start. Certainly you get some nice play to watch - had a lovely classic goal (in BS South mind!) with right winger belting down the wing, swinging in cross from the byline and striker heading home. That's my kind of football rather than all this narrow stuff you seem to get all the time!

The wingers are set to cut inside so not sure that would help. You can try though and see how it goes

Currently 3 games in with my spurs team beat blackburn away 5-2, Hull away 2-0 and stuffed the Arse 3-0 at home.. Will the tactic change if i add ppms to wngers like 'run down right wing' 'run to touch line' ?? Thanks

Let me know how you get on.

With your tactic did you struggle in defence? I cannot get mine sorted as it effects the attack!

Hey, I've created my own classic slider 4-2-4 tactic, uploaded it and started a thread here.

But im looking for ways to improve it, ill give yours a try now, looks very promising.

Let me know how you get on.

With your tactic did you struggle in defence? I cannot get mine sorted as it effects the attack!

Yes i did. I have to say your tactic was good, very similiar to mine, except i had slightly more direct passing, and a more conservative approach to the defensive line, closing down, width and tempo.

I have gone back to my old tactic now, tweaked some settings and things are going well.

Some very good results there! I will try your tweeks now on my current save and see how it goes. Thanks for the feedback

AWESOME, just like the THE MIZ...made i couple of changes, but the results were phenomenal. even though i played in holiday:

tweaks: changed the left striker to poacher and change passing to " more direct"

here are results

20100320182618.jpg

20100320182642.jpg

Still unbeaten after pre-season and first couple of matches in the season proper in the BSS (Weston-super-Mare). Even managed a 2-2 draw with Fulham reserves which I thought was a really good result.

At the moment I have the left striker set as target man at the start, as I have a loan player who is excellent in the air and has good strength stats. He's scored 3 goals in 4 games since I got him, which suggests that this works pretty well too.

Update. Currently lying second in BSS , P8, W7, D0, L1, F21, A6, Pts 21. Not bad at all for a side tipped for relegation.

Final update. Finished 4th which was pretty good I think. Now doing new save with different club and different tactics.

Ok thanks for your feedback

Still unbeaten after pre-season and first couple of matches in the season proper in the BSS (Weston-super-Mare). Even managed a 2-2 draw with Fulham reserves which I thought was a really good result.

At the moment I have the left striker set as target man at the start, as I have a loan player who is excellent in the air and has good strength stats. He's scored 3 goals in 4 games since I got him, which suggests that this works pretty well too.

Update. Currently lying second in BSS , P8, W7, D0, L1, F21, A6, Pts 21. Not bad at all for a side tipped for relegation.

Final update. Finished 4th which was pretty good I think. Now doing new save with different club and different tactics.

Archived